First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Frito Lay contest names revealed
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#101 Posted: 01:22:44 26/05/2014
Quote: preciousawaken
So do we definitely have confirmation that only the winner will make it into the game? I think it would be sad if that happens.

I still don't think we have any confirmation of that just yet... I've read the contest rules several times now, and maybe I've just missed it, but I'm pretty sure all three characters are definitely making it into the game. The winner of the contest just gets the fan made nick name, while the other two keep their developer's names.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#102 Posted: 10:00:35 26/05/2014
i hate the names for hi five and bat spin so uncreative even for a little kid uhh!
but on the other hand i really like flip wreck i dunno wjy? he just has a ring to him i guess.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#103 Posted: 12:28:15 26/05/2014
But guys, lets not forget there are more Skylanders with a unoriginal name like, Flameslinger or what about Scratch?
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#104 Posted: 12:34:27 26/05/2014
You're comparing Flameslinger and Scratch to BAT SPIN?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#105 Posted: 12:57:54 26/05/2014
Am I the only one who thinks Bat Spin is a nonsense name, because she is not into some kind of tornado, but instead she's transforming herself into something?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Talarus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#106 Posted: 01:19:02 27/05/2014
Quote: Matteomax
The contest seems badly rigged. A 5 year old could've come up with the name Bat Spin, but had their mother enter into the contest instead.

I'm with you on this. I figure Flip Wreck's a guaranteed win, and the other two will be named with was datamined earlier: Nightengale and Buzzerker.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#107 Posted: 06:55:52 27/05/2014
Quote: MugoUrth
You're comparing Flameslinger and Scratch to BAT SPIN?

Yes i am, those names are just that stupid as Bat Spin in my opinion.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#108 Posted: 21:41:46 28/05/2014
Stealth elf is an unoriginal name. shes an elf and stealthy yay so complex.

But hey Bat Spins, shes a bat/vampire/girl and she spins

It seems like every contest, be it frito lay or other, has bombed. They should really stop them or get a new person to handle them. 3 years of crap in a row is just too much.
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#109 Posted: 01:12:51 29/05/2014
Most Skylander names are easy, predictable, and aimed at little kids. It is what it is. Lol Why so serious? I can think of a dozen or more that could have had "cooler" names, but its unrealistic in a kids game.

Do we really think Bash is original? He's a bada__ dino dog that bashes things. Not original, but still perfectly fitting.

We aren't gonna like every name, heck, we don't like every toy for it's gameplay either. At least we got the chance to throw our names out there. Can you blame TFB and Fritos for picking kiddie names? It's a kids game. Lol

I'm just happy they are still making games and letting my kid get excited all over again.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#110 Posted: 21:30:10 29/05/2014
Quote: Jonlander

Oh,so sorry for expecting clever things from a team of professionals after SF. I guess we aren't allowed to expect quality from them anymore.
The contest had people of all ages submitting stuff and better names have been posted all over this board from people who hardly seem over to be 18 years old. Just because it wasn't from the mind of a kid, doesn't mean they can't see it - I don't think any kid would get why Flameslinger's Heroic Challenge is named 'Bombs to the Wall' or why Ghost Roaster was never portrayed as a hero despite sort of being one. Adults are running this thing, not kids, and if they don't want to lose another year of good sales to Disney Infinity they better remember not everyone playing(and more importantly, no one that is buying) is under 13 either.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#111 Posted: 01:02:32 30/05/2014
Lol. Your points are mostly valid. My point was holy moly, why so serious? I myself thought that the names were bad, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over them. I also won't boycott the game just because the name my daughter submitted didn't win. It is what it is. No I don't want them to phone it in, but it is just a name.
#112 Posted: 05:25:23 30/05/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: Jonlander

Oh,so sorry for expecting clever things from a team of professionals after SF. I guess we aren't allowed to expect quality from them anymore.
The contest had people of all ages submitting stuff and better names have been posted all over this board from people who hardly seem over to be 18 years old. Just because it wasn't from the mind of a kid, doesn't mean they can't see it - I don't think any kid would get why Flameslinger's Heroic Challenge is named 'Bombs to the Wall' or why Ghost Roaster was never portrayed as a hero despite sort of being one. Adults are running this thing, not kids, and if they don't want to lose another year of good sales to Disney Infinity they better remember not everyone playing(and more importantly, no one that is buying) is under 13 either.

Yeah, I think you are overreacting a bit, in this case.

For what I have seen, Trap Team so far has the same quality of the past three games. A couple unoriginal and flat names won't ruin that.

The characters matter more than the names.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#113 Posted: 07:09:26 30/05/2014
You can Nickname the characters you don't like! smilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#114 Posted: 20:41:37 30/05/2014
I said already, I'm not mad at the kids for naming them, I'm mad at the judges who passed over better names because reasons.
And the thing is, there's a Core or Trapper revealed for each of those elements, and with those names every single one of them is better. Sure, you pander to the fans every now and then so you can remind them you're aware, but you don't need to make negative efforts because that should never be a chore, you're losing money you could've used giving the character a better name and an engaging story - or getting it from a fan that actually wrote that.. I mentioned SF because it does the worst job at it, but hopefully this will be the only signifcant bad part of TT.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#115 Posted: 14:12:23 14/06/2014
Now that voting's over, who do you suppose will win? Personally, I still kind of want to see High-Five get picked because I'm lame.

Honestly, I don't think Bat Spin has any chance of winning.
#116 Posted: 14:24:32 14/06/2014
Based on the name, Flip Wreck.

Based on the design, if I really have to choose, High Five.

But I really hope we will get to play all of them. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#117 Posted: 14:38:46 14/06/2014
I thought it was pretty clear with the way they worded everything that all those characters will be in the game, only one of them will get a fan name though. I don't know why people think they just won't put two of them in
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
#118 Posted: 14:48:13 14/06/2014
Quote: alegeobla
I thought it was pretty clear with the way they worded everything that all those characters will be in the game, only one of them will get a fan name though. I don't know why people think they just won't put two of them in

I don't know... Irrational "fear", I guess... smilie

Like when we were all speculating about Skylanders 4 being a kart game... Silly idea! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#119 Posted: 15:03:50 14/06/2014
flip wreck or high five.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#120 Posted: 17:01:30 14/06/2014
Didn't vote, Flip Wreck sounded appropriate...I didn't give a flip, because the contest was a wreck.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me