First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Frito Lay contest names revealed
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#51 Posted: 01:14:09 20/05/2014
i remember some of my names.

Bat Spin over better names, Especially SMOKE SCREAM?
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#52 Posted: 01:18:25 20/05/2014
I heard someone here make the name suggestion of Hive Five for the dragonfly. Changing one letter makes the name better.

Don't forget that the dragonfly and batgirl had placeholder names (which I believe were hidden in their image file names). The dragonfly was called Buzzerker and the batgirl was called Frightengale. I've been wondering wether they were just gonna try to rig this for the dolphin because they couldn't make a name for him- while using the names Buzzerker and Frightengale anyway- as he doesn't have a placeholder name unlike the other two, and I don't doubt that after seeing "Bat Spin" make it here (there had better be a brilliant reasoning behind that name, but the name itself certainly isn't conveying it).
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#53 Posted: 01:28:19 20/05/2014
I get rigging it for Flip Wreck because he might not have a real name (which is unlikely considering they're not above making ridiculous puns for everything, good thing or not), but I'm not sure if they'd go out of their way to do this if then they'd have to explain how you have something be half-shipwreck. I mean, you can have half-beehive, half-animal half-plant, since they're normal objects/ concepts but it's not half-ship, it's half-shipwreck.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#54 Posted: 01:32:03 20/05/2014
i bet the're gonna rig it for flippy.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#55 Posted: 06:16:48 20/05/2014
Hive five does sound a bit better...
But seriously, even my name (Humbug) was better than THAT!
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#56 Posted: 15:39:48 20/05/2014
Found this in an article

The three Skylanders Trap Team hero finalist names and their fan-submitted inspirations (in alphabetical order by hero name) are:

"Bat Spin," submitted by Kimberly Josey from Charlotte, N.C., is a witch tasked with saving the underworld from trolls to prove worthy of joining the Skylanders heroes.

"Flip Wreck," submitted by Noel Foster from Clearwater, Fla., is imagined as half-dolphin and half-shipwreck, unlike any Skylanderstheworld has ever seen.

"High Five," submitted by Phylicia Nakamoto from Elk Grove, Calif., is the fifth son of the Royal High Flying Dragonflies. Famous for his great speed, this hero can fly higher and faster than any other dragonfly in Skylanders.

http://www.marketwatch.com/sto...hero-2014-05-20
#57 Posted: 15:59:27 20/05/2014
Doesn't change much, and just because they're absolute crap doesn't mean I'm going to get mad at the kids for submitting them - they're exactly that, kids. If there's anyone to blame it's the contest judges for ignoring their own rules and choosing them out of a hat specially if cool stuff like Humbug and Smoke Scream were also around.

Also the description for Flip Wreck was even worse than what they actually posted, oh lord.
---
#58 Posted: 16:20:25 20/05/2014
"this hero can fly higher and faster than any other dragonfly in Skylanders. "

You mean Skylands
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#59 Posted: 16:34:02 20/05/2014
I don't believe anyone's mad at the people who submitted the names. They are not the ones who chose themselves as the winners. I have half a mind to send an email to Activision to say that they've done a terrible job and should be ashamed of themselves.

As I said before, whomever's job it was to pick the names should be fired. FIRED! Hint: If the fan names are worse than the placeholder names then don't pick them.

100k for High Five? HIGH FIVE? That's not even a pun!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:45:31 20/05/2014 by Hexin_Wishes
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#60 Posted: 16:51:55 20/05/2014
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
100k for High Five? HIGH FIVE? That's not even a pun!

Still better than Bat Spin. Might I add, you can only use that money for school, nothing else.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#61 Posted: 16:57:45 20/05/2014 | Topic Creator
The contest seems badly rigged. A 5 year old could've come up with the name Bat Spin, but had their mother enter into the contest instead.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#62 Posted: 17:23:37 20/05/2014
Quote: MugoUrth
Might I add, you can only use that money for school, nothing else.

Yeah, I don't see the point of you pointing that out. I mean, college is expensive. 100k can absolutely cover a LOT and save people from having to take out loans. It's a sizable sum that submitting "Bat Spin" and "High Five" is completely undeserving.
#63 Posted: 17:46:35 20/05/2014
High Five could be a pun as far as I know... It's a thing with a 5 on its head which flies high into the sky, but the name also means an actual high five. Unless the kid is talking about the other kind of high because of Buzzerker's expression, but that should get one out of the contest pretty quickly.
But who are we kidding, none of them followed the rules and here they are.
---
#64 Posted: 19:29:08 20/05/2014
Quote: MugoUrth
Might I add, you can only use that money for school, nothing else.

Yeah, I don't see the point of you pointing that out. I mean, college is expensive. 100k can absolutely cover a LOT and save people from having to take out loans. It's a sizable sum that submitting "Bat Spin" and "High Five" is completely undeserving.

Too be fair, I don't think any name, no matter how creative or well thought, would actually have been deserving. But still, does ANYONE like the name "Bat Spin?" How the **** did they think THAT would be a good name?
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#65 Posted: 20:23:31 20/05/2014
That's not even a pun!

Since when is it a requirement?
---
bye
#66 Posted: 21:30:45 20/05/2014
Quote: newkill
That's not even a pun!

Since 90%(ish) of the Skylanders got puns as names?

EDIT: Verb tenses, whoops.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:32:08 20/05/2014 by Bifrost
#67 Posted: 21:33:31 20/05/2014
Quote: Bifrost
High Five could be a pun as far as I know... It's a thing with a 5 on its head which flies high into the sky, but the name also means an actual high five. Unless the kid is talking about the other kind of high because of Buzzerker's expression, but that should get one out of the contest pretty quickly.

Also because he's part of the High Dragonflies or whatever (tired, can't remember name now), and also because of high as in highness (the royal kind of "high").
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#68 Posted: 22:40:56 20/05/2014
Flip Wreck, in my opinion, is the best name out of the three. It sounds like a Skylander. Yes, the backstory is extremely weak (read non-existent), but Activision can always fill in the holes. High Five isn't awful. It does make sense because of the 5 on its head, but it definitely doesn't scream "dragonfly." Bat Spin is the name that I like the least. Quick question for everyone: Has it ever been officially confirmed that all three will be Skylanders? Or could it possibly just be the winner? That would factor in to my decision when voting. Names are cool, but I would base my choice on which character looked the coolest, if we only get one of the three.
#69 Posted: 22:43:57 20/05/2014
It's not clear. They could make it in with their existing names or be pushed to the next games, but it's all but confirmed that only one of the three will be fan made (and considering the results,thank Eon).
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#70 Posted: 23:29:01 20/05/2014
How does High Five have anything in common with dragons?
gnarlytreesnex Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#71 Posted: 23:38:40 20/05/2014
Quote: Skybagel
Omg guys new winner for a fourth Skylander

[User Posted Image]

Name: Gremlin Gun

Backstory: Gremlin Gun is a gremlin with a gun one day Cyclopes raided his village so he shot them with his gun. Eon made him a Skylander.

SWEET NOW I CAN LIVE MY ENTIRE LIFE WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY FOR COLLEGE LOANS YEAH

Don't you mean smilie
#72 Posted: 23:40:58 20/05/2014
That's not even a pun!

Whirlwind, Lightning Rod, Chill, Hot Dog, Hot Head, Crusher, Swarm, Zap, Drill Sergeant, Scratch, Hex, Boomer, Bash, Sunburn, Sonic Boom, Wrecking Ball, Torch, Food Fight...

Yep, all puns.
---
bye
#73 Posted: 23:53:00 20/05/2014

Whirlwind, Lightning Rod, Chill, Hot Dog, Hot Head, Crusher, Swarm, Zap, Drill Sergeant, Scratch, Hex, Boomer, Bash, Sunburn, Sonic Boom, Wrecking Ball, Torch, Food Fight...

Yep, all puns.

All puns indeed. You want me to explain each one of them? One would think you would stop at Hot Dog and figure out at least one. Because I don't know, it's a dog in flames that has the same name as the hot dog food; or Hot Head which has a fiery head, or Drill Sergeant which actually has nothing to do with drills... I'm not even kidding, they're all puns.
---
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#74 Posted: 00:01:51 21/05/2014
Quote: gnarlytreesnex
Quote: Skybagel
Omg guys new winner for a fourth Skylander

[User Posted Image]

Name: Gremlin Gun

Backstory: Gremlin Gun is a gremlin with a gun one day Cyclopes raided his village so he shot them with his gun. Eon made him a Skylander.

SWEET NOW I CAN LIVE MY ENTIRE LIFE WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY FOR COLLEGE LOANS YEAH

Don't you mean :th:

Yes, he does mean Gremlin Gun.
---
you never saw me
Geo-Stelar Emerald Sparx Gems: 4179
#75 Posted: 01:31:25 21/05/2014
What I salled them:

• Bat Spin: Vampressa
  • High Five: Drag Flyer
  • Flip Wreck: Dolphaneer

My opinions:
Bat Spin: What? Name: no words. No words.
High Five: Okay. Name: not original, but suits it. I don't know why, but it's okay.
Flip Wreck: WINNER! The name suits it. The bakstory may not even be the final one. They can change it, right?
---
Don't have Skylanders, yet still a fan!
#76 Posted: 01:47:27 21/05/2014

Yep, all puns.

All puns indeed. You want me to explain each one of them? One would think you would stop at Hot Dog and figure out at least one. Because I don't know, it's a dog in flames that has the same name as the hot dog food; or Hot Head which has a fiery head, or Drill Sergeant which actually has nothing to do with drills... I'm not even kidding, they're all puns.

Following this logic, High Five is a pun, good job you are so smart smilie
---
bye
#77 Posted: 02:01:03 21/05/2014

Child, you weren't even smart enough to recognize Skylander names are mostly puns. #bye

Anyways, I didn't notice the "5" on THE UNNAMED DRAGONFLY CREATURE's helmet. Ehh, it works a smidgen better but it's still a bit faceless like a few of the other ones (I still have an issue with Hot Dog, Hot Head).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:02:08 21/05/2014 by Hexin_Wishes
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#78 Posted: 02:56:42 21/05/2014
Does Five High sound more like a skylander name than High Five or is it just me.
#79 Posted: 04:15:34 21/05/2014

Child, you weren't even smart enough to recognize Skylander names are mostly puns. #bye

Child? I'm not the one crying because the chosen names don't please him. That #bye doesn't change the fact you failed when saying High Five is not a pun smilie Alright I think we're done.
---
bye
#80 Posted: 06:45:22 21/05/2014

Child? I'm not the one crying because the chosen names don't please him. That #bye doesn't change the fact you failed when saying High Five is not a pun smilie Alright I think we're done.

I didn't realize I posted a picture that had me in tears for you to make that statement. Listen booboo, keep it cute or keep it mute. You didn't even know what a pun was until BitFrost schooled you up above. At least I owned up to missing out on the "5" on the helmet while you're trying to act as if you're above it all (when you clearly couldn't even tell a pun if it slapped you in the face if you missed out on something as obvious as Hot Dog). Stay gone xxxo
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#81 Posted: 06:52:24 21/05/2014
[User Posted Image]

*Starts to get involved, but thinks better of it*

*shakes head and just walks away*
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#82 Posted: 11:22:12 21/05/2014
Please.

If you are telling me that you are not interested in a character for his look, then it's ok.
But don't try to convince me that you wouldn't buy a character that you like, only because it has a stupid or uncreative name.

I know that as of now we only have the pictures and three names (not even counting the backstories, they will almost certainly be changed by the devs); but I really like the designs of these three new Skylanders, and, if their moves are cool, would probably buy them even if they were simply called Dragon Fly, Dolphin and Bat Witch.

Aren't nicknames made for this, after all? smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#83 Posted: 16:30:36 21/05/2014
the skylader did always have cheap name. I'm not surprised that activi$ion choose the cheapest
---
THE END IS NEAR
#84 Posted: 19:54:38 21/05/2014
Quote: Drek95
-

Problem is I'm a bit so-so with them from the get go - Food Fight sounds better than dragonfly guy, Mummy doesn't look like anything new but it's certainly more interesting than batgirl, Snapshot blows the dolphin out of the water(hah, puns). Names and backstories were what made me stay the heck away from some Skylanders because others were just better, and if they don't change those, it might be the case once again for me.

Quote: GothamLord
-

Go on without us, we couldn't resist the temptation of starting an internet fight! ;n;
Well I wasn't the one to start being rude and made my point, I'm not actually going to continue arguing to begin with. But there's always the thing they say about everyone losing it the moment you start one...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:02:39 21/05/2014 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#85 Posted: 20:56:42 21/05/2014
Quote: Drek95
-

Problem is I'm a bit so-so with them from the get go - Food Fight sounds better than dragonfly guy, Mummy doesn't look like anything new but it's certainly more interesting than batgirl, Snapshot blows the dolphin out of the water(hah, puns). Names and backstories were what made me stay the heck away from some Skylanders because others were just better, and if they don't change those, it might be the case once again for me.

Quote: GothamLord
-

Go on without us, we couldn't resist the temptation of starting an internet fight! ;n;
Well I wasn't the one to start being rude and made my point, I'm not actually going to continue arguing to begin with. But there's always the thing they say about everyone losing it the moment you start one...

That's ok, then.

I onestly like them all, so far, but would really like to see some moves of the unconfirmed characters (Mummy, Flip Wreck, High Five and Bat Spin), before giving a complete opinion.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#86 Posted: 21:03:41 21/05/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
i remember some of my names.

Bat Spin over better names, Especially SMOKE SCREAM?

Yeah, Smoke Scream is a really good name IMO.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
CollegeBound Red Sparx Gems: 10
#87 Posted: 23:02:33 21/05/2014
Hey! I'm new to the board. I also entered this contest and had a blast coming up with the names and stories. Just for fun, I'd like to share my entries:

Fang Glider (Bat)

“Let’s fang out!” She glides through air and land effortlessly, and her bite releases a magical venom that turns all of her ‘snacks’ into bats! Fang Glider is wickedly cool!

Sword Fin (Dolphin)

“Shock on wood!” Using a wooden, shark-tooth sword, this nautical warrior of the Pirate Seas delivers crushing blows to his enemies. No ordinary warrior, Sword Fin will add quite a splash to Skylands!

Bud Rush (Dragonfly)

“Petal to the metal!” What happens when a dragonfly escapes a swift flytrap and EATS IT for revenge? Bud Rush is born! Half-dragonfly, half-plant, this Skylander of Falling Forest is a blossoming hero.

Congrats to the winners! Judging from the entries, the finalists seem fairly young, which makes sense considering the massive scholarship award.
#88 Posted: 23:18:37 21/05/2014
Ooh, I really like the name Fang Glider. (But then again ANY name's better than Bat Spin.)
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#89 Posted: 02:15:03 22/05/2014
i think we all learned a valuable lesson in this that the next time they do a contest it might be best to fake the age a bit because while the contest said over 18 it's probably those that were kid entries were the ones they went with, which most likely they took a lot of great ideas and threw them out or even bothered to look at them.

out of those three names i would have to agree on flip wreck being the most popular, but the other two had great names picked here and i'd rather only see the dragonfly put into production.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#90 Posted: 03:06:54 22/05/2014
I don't know but I might be the only one who actually likes the name High Five more than Buzzerker. Buzzerker just seems tacked on. ...But then again, I might be biased because, well, the guy in my sig I guess. It shares a name of an OC of mine based on a series I kind of based on Skylanders.
Chibilove Green Sparx Gems: 400
#91 Posted: 13:52:30 22/05/2014
Quote: wgeorge111
Found this in an article

The three Skylanders Trap Team hero finalist names and their fan-submitted inspirations (in alphabetical order by hero name) are:

"Bat Spin," submitted by Kimberly Josey from Charlotte, N.C., is a witch tasked with saving the underworld from trolls to prove worthy of joining the Skylanders heroes.

"Flip Wreck," submitted by Noel Foster from Clearwater, Fla., is imagined as half-dolphin and half-shipwreck, unlike any Skylanderstheworld has ever seen.

"High Five," submitted by Phylicia Nakamoto from Elk Grove, Calif., is the fifth son of the Royal High Flying Dragonflies. Famous for his great speed, this hero can fly higher and faster than any other dragonfly in Skylanders.

http://www.marketwatch.com/sto...hero-2014-05-20

I live here, so i will find this child, and interrogate him.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ChibiMadness&sclick=1
Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death They might as well be the same thing
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#92 Posted: 16:14:44 22/05/2014
you guy are way too rough. Is it not the fault of kid if the juge did bad choice
---
THE END IS NEAR
CollegeBound Red Sparx Gems: 10
#93 Posted: 20:23:29 22/05/2014
Quote: tigerdr
i think we all learned a valuable lesson in this that the next time they do a contest it might be best to fake the age a bit because while the contest said over 18 it's probably those that were kid entries were the ones they went with, which most likely they took a lot of great ideas and threw them out or even bothered to look at them.

Bingo! Just wished they would have been a little more transparent and made it apart of their judging criteria.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#94 Posted: 06:03:13 24/05/2014
They probably just said "awww, don't wanna hurt those kids' feelings, let's rig the contest!"
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#95 Posted: 13:50:11 24/05/2014
High five BETTER wins since the other two are unoriginal at the highest level o.o
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#96 Posted: 15:37:46 24/05/2014
Quote: Geo-Stelar
What I salled them:

• Bat Spin: Vampressa
  • High Five: Drag Flyer
  • Flip Wreck: Dolphaneer

My opinions:
Bat Spin: What? Name: no words. No words.
High Five: Okay. Name: not original, but suits it. I don't know why, but it's okay.
Flip Wreck: WINNER! The name suits it. The bakstory may not even be the final one. They can change it, right?

I had the exact same name for High Five!
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#97 Posted: 11:49:44 25/05/2014
I voted for High Five.

if I could vote my names would be: Hive Speed for the dragonfly, Fang Twister for the bat girl and Mast Blast for the Dolphin.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#98 Posted: 20:30:08 25/05/2014
So do we definitely have confirmation that only the winner will make it into the game? I think it would be sad if that happens.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#99 Posted: 20:36:26 25/05/2014
PleaseDon'tBeFlipWreck, PleaseDon'tBeFlipWreck...
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#100 Posted: 22:30:55 25/05/2014
PleasedontbebatspinorflipwreckPleasedontbebatspinorflipwreckPleasedontbebatspinorflipwreck
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me