darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Anyone hoping this will be the last Skylanders?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Anyone hoping this will be the last Skylanders?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#51 Posted: 17:28:53 17/05/2014
I believe Skylanders is going to last a long time. Acti inhales money from it. Why stop now?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#52 Posted: 23:41:57 17/05/2014
Nah I seem to dig gimmicks
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#53 Posted: 09:44:18 18/05/2014
I'm not actually bothered if Trap Team is the last game or not. If anyone else wants to carry on buying the games and figures, then that's fine. Why should we stop them?

All I'm going to say is that Swap Force will be my last game until they either tone down on the number of figures needed for each game (but knowing Activision, they're gonna get more money-hungry every year) or until Spyro gets his own game again.

If it's anything like Guitar Hero, the only way Skylanders would be discontinued is if another toys and game combo like Disney Infinity or Nintendo's upcoming Figurine Platform outsells it.
SkylandersFan27 Blue Sparx Gems: 508
#54 Posted: 11:02:24 18/05/2014
I only buy what is necessary to unlock all in-game play. This time, it'll be Traps, Adevnture Packs, Battle Packs, Magic Items, and Sidekicks.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#55 Posted: 18:42:38 18/05/2014
Quote: alicecarp
If it's anything like Guitar Hero, the only way Skylanders would be discontinued is if another toys and game combo like Disney Infinity or Nintendo's upcoming Figurine Platform outsells it.

Didn't Guitar Hero's competitor (Rock Band) kinda die with Guitar Hero though?
Chibilove Green Sparx Gems: 400
#56 Posted: 13:56:53 22/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: gta1134
I honestly don't get this line of thinking, you don't enjoy it so you wish no one else can either? That type of thinking is nothing more than being an a**hole. If I were to go by that, because I am a diabetic they should just stop making all products with the slightest amount of sugar in it or because X person has a peanut allergy we should just go out and burn all the peanut trees in the world just so they wouldn't have to worry about it?

To be clear, if you don't like to play... wait for it..... Don't.

I can get the fact that if you have no self control this franchise could be bad because it can add up very fast, however you do not need every single figure the second they come out and if you can't understand that then you will have many money problems heading into the real world. My son loves the franchise so I enjoy it because it brings him that enjoyment. He does not have all the figures yet nor will he by the time Trap Team comes out, but that doesn't stop his enjoyment of the game.

As Terrafizz said the game is a cash cow so it won't stop being made till it isn't profitable anymore, the only way you can show your disapproval is to stop buying it however if you can't help yourself from buying them every time you see one you may need to take that money and instead go see a therapist and talk to them about impulse control.

Calm yourself.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ChibiMadness&sclick=1
Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death They might as well be the same thing
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#57 Posted: 19:08:03 22/05/2014
Quote: Chibilove
I honestly don't get this line of thinking, you don't enjoy it so you wish no one else can either? That type of thinking is nothing more than being an a**hole. If I were to go by that, because I am a diabetic they should just stop making all products with the slightest amount of sugar in it or because X person has a peanut allergy we should just go out and burn all the peanut trees in the world just so they wouldn't have to worry about it?

I can get the fact that if you have no self control this franchise could be bad because it can add up very fast, however you do not need every single figure the second they come out and if you can't understand that then you will have many money problems heading into the real world. My son loves the franchise so I enjoy it because it brings him that enjoyment. He does not have all the figures yet nor will he by the time Trap Team comes out, but that doesn't stop his enjoyment of the game.

As Terrafizz said the game is a cash cow so it won't stop being made till it isn't profitable anymore, the only way you can show your disapproval is to stop buying it however if you can't help yourself from buying them every time you see one you may need to take that money and instead go see a therapist and talk to them about impulse control.

Calm yourself.

What he said hits the nail on the head, since you don't want something no one else can have it? Please, all who WANT THIS, remember other people still enjoy the series.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#58 Posted: 20:07:44 22/05/2014
But other people want Skylanders to hurry up and end so they can (Hopefully) get some classic Spyro back.
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#59 Posted: 20:33:05 22/05/2014
Quote: yelvy
But other people want Skylanders to hurry up and end so they can (Hopefully) get some classic Spyro back.

At this point, unless Spyro gets his own games alongside Skylanders, I don't expect and Spyro games after Skylanders is through. The classics are almost an impossible chance and it's not even a smart financial decision to release a full platformer after a series goes dormant (see: Banjo-Kazooie).
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#60 Posted: 15:34:09 23/05/2014
We can still hope, I guess...
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#61 Posted: 15:48:27 23/05/2014
Quote: Dyno-Mite

Calm yourself.

What he said hits the nail on the head, since you don't want something no one else can have it? Please, all who WANT THIS, remember other people still enjoy the series.

I agree. We can all maturally discuss our complaints and disagreements about the game, but that's pretty much the bottom line. I don't get folks thinking that a complaint means we don't want anyone else to enjoy the game. Time to develop critical thinking, I guess.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:53:15 23/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
#62 Posted: 16:28:28 23/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Dyno-Mite

Calm yourself.

I agree. We can all maturally discuss our complaints and disagreements about the game, but that's pretty much the bottom line. I don't get folks thinking that a complaint means we don't want anyone else to enjoy the game. Time to develop critical thinking, I guess.

Exactly.
---
Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death They might as well be the same thing
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#63 Posted: 11:02:49 24/05/2014
the only way the franchise will suffer a death like guitar hero is if other companies also begin to saturate the market to the brim with their attempts to cash in...oh wait. i think in the continuity of the series between nintendo and disney's 2.0 that trap team is going to take a very large hit.

the less features and more figures here is not going to win them anything special. while there are people excited for trap team, there's far less people to tap into for renewed funds after so many have invested into the craze. the bubble's about to pop as the peak you can say is swap force with everything, but the fact that so many have made the investment into these things like in the past with guitar hero, that it's worn on people to care about it. I still see wave 1 figures from swap force at many stores and the few new ones that come in anywhere get sold quickly. i don't see the franchises surviving beyond it to justify a full fledged game beyond trap team. I wouldn't doubt other areas are also seeing something similar with plenty of shelf warmers this time.

All stores offering pre ordering and got the online aspect right with sales and selling them leads less to go to the stores true but the justifying a 75 buck game plus tax again is just not there. When nintendo releases their figures that will span between their games, those will do better in playing than activision's offerings. the only downside while their figures are customizable on stats, etc the problem will be that it'll be only of their characters. same for infinity, skylanders, etc. jumping between too many companies for this will have people buy far less. more stores trying with sales to dump stock but in the long run i expect trap team figures to sit on shelves more than swap force.

i'm more for rereleases of figures and packs for others via smaller games and spin offs so the franchise will feel new again in a few years. as in shorter games - meaning focus on certain stories and the 3ds comes to mind for this. i just feel most are on their way out from the looks of this board and perhaps other boards. there isn't much magic left to skylands at this point. too many gimmicks and annual releases is what kills it. now if trap team was coming in fall 2015 i maybe more on board for it, perhaps others would too.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:06:25 24/05/2014 by tigerdr
FaboulousFab Yellow Sparx Gems: 1247
#64 Posted: 20:34:28 25/05/2014
Personnaly, I think the 5th skylanders is already in development, trap team would certainly not be the last one.
The future of the licence will always depend of his sales, and of course a sequel can be cancelled.
The coming of nintendo on the market isn't done, it will only be on Wii u and 3ds, wich is only a little fraction of the market (for the wii u i mean).
Disney infinity is really sexy with the marvel heroes but it has still to prove his qualities, and skylander keeps the main fanbase.

The real question is to know if they gonna fall in real dark side and make a sequel without flavour just to steal money.
The innovations seem present with the system of traping vilains but would it be enough?
I'm also affraid that the design of the new skylanders will be redondant. From now i dont think i gonna buy many new models.

Let's wait for the E3.
---
Marge: But I thought broccoli was...
Dr. Hibbert: Oh yes. One of the deadliest plants on earth. It tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste.
#65 Posted: 02:17:36 26/05/2014
Without a doubt, we'll see one or two games past their prime, as R&D will already be in swing. At this point I'm of the opinion that we'll make it to seven unless Trap Team implodes on sales.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#66 Posted: 02:38:08 26/05/2014
More than likely game 5 is in development 20% completed probably and game 6 is already in conception.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Seakara Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#67 Posted: 21:32:35 26/05/2014
As unlikely as it is, I hope that it is the last. They can only keep pumping out these gimmicks for so long and it's just going to keep getting more and more repetitive. And you're right, they're probably already making the 5th skylanders as we speak so they can bring one game out each year.

All they want is money, and as long as everyone (namingly the younger audience begging their moms) keeps buying them, they're going to keep making them. By the way, has anyone seen "Spyro" since his mega horn evolution?
---
Lurking, lurking, lurking- Oo~ Shiny! Lurking, lurking, lurking.
#68 Posted: 22:25:39 26/05/2014
Quote: Seakara
As unlikely as it is, I hope that it is the last. They can only keep pumping out these gimmicks for so long and it's just going to keep getting more and more repetitive. And you're right, they're probably already making the 5th skylanders as we speak so they can bring one game out each year.

All they want is money, and as long as everyone (namingly the younger audience begging their moms) keeps buying them, they're going to keep making them. By the way, has anyone seen "Spyro" since his mega horn evolution?

On the former point: Not probably, definitely. They have two teams alternating. Lots of investment going on to keep the money train going.

On the later point: If it's repetitive and/or not innovative enough, vote with your dollars. Shake the suits to make deeper changes in the product.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:34:16 26/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
#69 Posted: 22:51:24 26/05/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
On the later point: If it's repetitive and/or not innovative enough, vote with your dollars. Shake the suits to make deeper changes in the product.

True, but there's already so many people buying and collecting the toys that if just one person doesn't buy anything, they're not going to care. we're one in, what? millions? More? I don't know the exact sales of them. Although with the few topics related to skylander's gimmicks and whether it's the last does give me some hope that maybe people will be able to poke Activition and get their attention to step up their game. Literally.

Or better yet, stop the whole thing entirely. Maybe sell the spyro name to another company? Retro studios anyone? (a dragon can dream can't she? smilie)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:50:29 27/05/2014 by Seakara
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#70 Posted: 23:50:21 26/05/2014
i guess that is why they are saving the online gameplay...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#71 Posted: 13:18:46 28/05/2014
Quote: yelvy

As long as activision has the rights to Spyro right now...the outlook of this happening is not very good at all. Basically they got their money back and then some from the trilogy made with sierra. If skylanders does flop there's a good chance Acti will just sell the spyro rights after it and unless a new developer wants to give it a shot there's a good chance anything spyro will just rot.

I heard from one of the videos that for atleast one more game you get to use the same figures which leads me to believe that if there is a sky 5 it's going to be a reboot or some type of spinoff. There's a good chance in that spyro may not even be a part of it if that does occur.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#72 Posted: 13:48:13 28/05/2014
i dont think we will see a spyro game ever again... and its less and less of spyro in the skylanders game...

that brings on another question, when spyro is gone will we have a place for skylander game here at darkspyro web site?.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#73 Posted: 19:39:10 28/05/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
that brings on another question, when spyro is gone will we have a place for skylander game here at darkspyro web site?.

Well, this website is called darkspyro for a reason. It's for Spyro, but with more skylanders coming and less Spyro it does make me wonder if what will happen. Will this place just turn into darkskylanders? Or maybe they'll move the skylanders into an entirely different place and keep this for strictly Spyro based. (not sure if they'd count spyro's adventure ONLY cause his name's in the title.) If they do that, the place might lose a number of people that come around for skylanders as it's the current thing.

Course I have no authority here. I'm just putting out my opinion.
---
#74 Posted: 20:23:38 28/05/2014
there is the off topic video game section.. i guess it will be moved there but who knows what will happen.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#75 Posted: 20:23:44 28/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seakara
Quote: CountMoneyBone

Well, this website is called darkspyro for a reason. It's for Spyro, but with more skylanders coming and less Spyro it does make me wonder if what will happen. Will this place just turn into darkskylanders? Or maybe they'll move the skylanders into an entirely different place and keep this for strictly Spyro based. (not sure if they'd count spyro's adventure ONLY cause his name's in the title.) If they do that, the place might lose a number of people that come around for skylanders as it's the current thing.

Course I have no authority here. I'm just putting out my opinion.

I like the combination. As someone who came here for skylanders talk, its nice to go digging in my past about spyro.
---
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#76 Posted: 14:46:55 11/06/2014
SKYLANDERS SHALL CONTINUE I DO NOT CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS. NO I DID NOT READ ANY OF THESE POSTS.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:47:33 11/06/2014 by undeadmaster
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#77 Posted: 14:53:10 11/06/2014
Quote: undeadmaster
SKYLANDERS SHALL CONTINUE I DO NOT CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS. NO I DID NOT READ ANY OF THESE POSTS.

Woah dude, calm down.

I don't think Skylanders will end soon... with all that damm money.
#78 Posted: 14:54:30 11/06/2014

you should read all the posts they are a very interesting read.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:54:54 11/06/2014 by CountMoneyBone
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#79 Posted: 14:59:42 11/06/2014
I read them afterwards and I was joking
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#80 Posted: 15:38:38 11/06/2014
I read them afterwards and I was joking

Joking has a limit.

Now let's stop this before we go offTopic
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me