Forum

Spyro: A Hero's Tail

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
what level do you hate the most [CLOSED]
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#1 Posted: 02:44:56 02/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I hate Gloomy Glacier the most >.<
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#2 Posted: 02:56:54 02/05/2014
I found Crocovile Swamp VERY confusing until I saw a walkthrough, 6 years later.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#3 Posted: 07:47:32 02/05/2014
Red's Laboratory. That along with Dark Mine just look so out of place compared to all the fantasy themed levels.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#4 Posted: 15:26:40 02/05/2014
Probably Dragonfly Falls, it took me a while to fully complete this level, for some reason I found this area very confusing if you watch the Map a lot
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#5 Posted: 15:48:52 02/05/2014
Quote: alicecarp
Red's Laboratory. That along with Dark Mine just look so out of place compared to all the fantasy themed levels.

Agreed.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#6 Posted: 17:48:03 02/05/2014
Meh... Some of the lava levels got a little borring. Fly over lava, kill bad guy, jump over lava, dodge some giant swinging hammers, repeat.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#7 Posted: 21:13:25 02/05/2014
Quote: DragonDog
Meh... Some of the lava levels got a little borring. Fly over lava, kill bad guy, jump over lava, dodge some giant swinging hammers, repeat.

I agree, I don't think those levels were very memorable. I'm not really too fond of the Ice levels too.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#8 Posted: 23:47:48 02/05/2014
Quote: RadSpyro

Agreed.

I actually think it makes sense for the lab to be there. It defines classic Spyro's world as a world based in the modern, if not slightly futuristic, times. His first games always had modern synthesized music, and, in Spyro the Dragon, there was an entire steel sea base world that had heavy military-like arsenal and weaponry.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

In Spyro 2, there was a level with harmless electrical fences, and there was another level that was highly computerized and futuristic (and Spyro needed to help robots from evil pigs with rockets on themselves).

[User Posted Image]
(Hurricos, Summer Forest Level)
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
(Metropolis, Winter Tundra Level)

In Spyro 3, there was a halo-graphic skateboard platform that would give Spyro a skateboard when he walks through it.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Plus, there was another controllable character who had a laser gun.

[User Posted Image]

In A Hero's Tail, there's even teleport devices and big machine balls. Heck, Blink ended up being another character with a laser weapon attached to one of his gloves.

[User Posted Image]

My point is, Classic Spyro's world is a world that relies more on machinery than magic, which is why it would make sense for Red's Lab to be there. Plus, the Professor, a mole with a white apron, who's an expert for using the advanced technology in Red's Lab, exists. NONE of that stuff was supposed to exist in The Legend of Spyro, which was supposed to be entirely medieval, but guess what? A New Beginning had that damn train level.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Dude, you don't make sense.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:47:33 06/05/2014 by LocoGuy107
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#9 Posted: 08:49:39 03/05/2014
Probably one of the Lava Levels, which ever one is right before Red's Lab, Dark Mine I think?

Also, thank you LocoGuy, not sure why people have a problem with it here and not in Spyro 1... :U
#10 Posted: 11:29:33 03/05/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107
*snip snip*

You mistake my reasons. Red's Lab had a completely different atmosphere for me. The other levels from the classic game mostly retained a sense of 'natural', for example, Hurricos still had you walking on grass. Metropolis, well, I actually don't like that level either, honestly, but there's still a bright sky outside. As for Gnasty's levels, it felt mostly industrial rather than 'hi-tech science lab'.

I have nothing against technology being shown in any Spyro game, but a massive laboratory in a game like that just didn't feel... Well, Spyro. Or should I say, Red. Because if that were the Professor's lab, I would have understood.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#11 Posted: 12:31:00 03/05/2014
The "Dude, you don't make sense" comment was actually meant for Krome, but yeah, I see your point. I didn't completely judge, though, since Spyro: A Hero's Tail was aimed for kids. There's always going to be at least one level that feels out of place in children's games. I mean, Skylanders has quite a few levels that even I feel that are out of place, which is why I keep coming up with my arguments.

I'm not going to bring up another argument, though. I've made my point for this topic.
#12 Posted: 16:42:45 03/05/2014
I had a feeling it was, I just snipped most of the images though smilie

But yeah, it's cool. There's pretty much at least one level like that in every game.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#13 Posted: 18:59:06 03/05/2014
That's hard. I have a love/hate relationship with cloudy domain, but the underwater one with acid always put me in a panic attack. (I don't remember what it's called)
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#14 Posted: 11:23:12 04/05/2014
You mistake my reasons. Red's Lab had a completely different atmosphere for me. The other levels from the classic game mostly retained a sense of 'natural', for example, Hurricos still had you walking on grass. Metropolis, well, I actually don't like that level either, honestly, but there's still a bright sky outside. As for Gnasty's levels, it felt mostly industrial rather than 'hi-tech science lab'.

I have nothing against technology being shown in any Spyro game, but a massive laboratory in a game like that just didn't feel... Well, Spyro. Or should I say, Red. Because if that were the Professor's lab, I would have understood.

I agree with all this. If Red's Laboratory wasn't underground and had an open sky or organic life like you said that levels in previous games have, I probably wouldn't mind it. All of the Professor's gadgets that you see since the start of the game such as the supercharge gadget, the ball gadget and the teleporter don't look as high-tech as Red's Lab and they look as though they are run by magic, unlike the robots and machinery you see near the end.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#15 Posted: 12:48:49 04/05/2014

I agree with all this. If Red's Laboratory wasn't underground and had an open sky or organic life like you said that levels in previous games have, I probably wouldn't mind it. All of the Professor's gadgets that you see since the start of the game such as the supercharge gadget, the ball gadget and the teleporter don't look as high-tech as Red's Lab and they look as though they are run by magic, unlike the robots and machinery you see near the end.

I agree too, it feels like the developer was difting too far from the Spyro world, and it felt like it was turning into another game of some sort.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#16 Posted: 16:23:07 04/05/2014
^I can imagine it belonging in Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet and Clank or Jak 2-3, but not Spyro.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#17 Posted: 04:55:45 06/05/2014
I found Crocovile Swamp VERY confusing until I saw a walkthrough, 6 years later.

Thiss
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Stella Green Sparx Gems: 172
#18 Posted: 23:38:23 31/05/2014
*snip snip*

Agreed.
---
It doesn't matter how spyro looks, he's still the purple dragon we all love! smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me