Page 1 of 1
Beenox and the Xbox One
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#1 Posted: 22:12:19 30/04/2014 | Topic Creator
As you probably know, Beenox are handling the Xbox One, PS4 and Wii U ports. Their most recent game, The Amazing Spider-man 2, has just been analyzed by the popular performance comparison site, Digital Foundry, and the Xbox One version has some serious issues.

http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...rmance-analysis

With Activision preferring to demo the latest iteration of the Skylanders franchise on PS4 and with other development teams' issues on Xbox One to date, I think it's fair to be concerned about the Xbox One version of Trap Team. We have no direct evidence of issues yet, because we've not seen any content from the Xbox One version and there's still a lot of time to tweak the game to iron out any technical issues, but I'm wary of the abilities of Beenox as a porting team after the reported issues with the Wii version of Swap Force.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=91514

Makes me wish Activision would adopt a patching process for Skylanders moving forward, so that at least if there are issues, they can push out fixes.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:13:13 30/04/2014 by wideawakewesley
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#2 Posted: 22:14:49 30/04/2014
I always hated the Xbox One.
---
you never saw me
GoldenCamo Green Sparx Gems: 146
#3 Posted: 22:18:32 30/04/2014
As long as the Wii U's fine, I'm fine.
---
https://www.youtube.com/channe...LwpvF3KB_FrPY8g <----- My Youtube!!!
SSA: 31/32 ; SG: 15/16 ; SSF: 21/32 ; STT: 0/X ; Total: 67/80+
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#4 Posted: 22:29:39 30/04/2014
Yes. They need to adopt a patch process.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#5 Posted: 22:33:46 30/04/2014
They always needed a patch process but they never made some smilie I don't think they'll do one.
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#6 Posted: 22:37:52 30/04/2014
The only thing I saw that article mention was graphics, which I'm honestly not too concerned about because the shots we've seen from the XOne do look good. Im not even planning to get the game on there anyway. What I'm concerned about is the glitches. It would be a shame to move up to the Wii U to escape from downgraded ports only for the glitches to follow suit, as Beenox has already.
---
Purple dragon.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#7 Posted: 22:55:24 30/04/2014
Listen, as long as the PS4 version is fine, I'm fine.
But Beenox better do a GOOD work, this time. And I'm not just talking about the graphics...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#8 Posted: 23:29:45 30/04/2014
im worried about the glitch record with beenox
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#9 Posted: 23:59:12 30/04/2014
Hopefully the Wii U game not only looks gorgeous, but is also glitch free.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#10 Posted: 00:06:48 01/05/2014
Well i'd prefer to get it on my Xone but if there are any issues i can always get it for the wii u <.<
---
Praise Helix!!!
PabloDaniel Gold Sparx Gems: 2783
#11 Posted: 00:35:13 01/05/2014
Beenox is doing a really nice work with this game, the graphics and the animations look really awesome!
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#12 Posted: 01:01:17 01/05/2014
I hope for you Xbone Ps4 and Wii u users that it will be good since Swap Force on the Wii (who was developed by Beenox too) had some serious issues
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#13 Posted: 01:31:26 01/05/2014
Quote: GoldenCamo
As long as the Wii U's fine, I'm fine.

Definitley, I'm getting it on the Wii U but I will have my 360 on standby just in case.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#14 Posted: 03:00:14 01/05/2014
After SSF on Wii, I think any Skyfan should be concerned about anything coming from the publisher. In all honesty though the graphics / framerate wasn't that bad...it's simply bad design. Luckily, TfB has the reigns of this one.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:10:52 01/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#15 Posted: 03:22:20 01/05/2014
I'm not worried, surely porting upward is easier than downward.
---
bye
#16 Posted: 03:29:42 01/05/2014
Quote: newkill

Unless you just can't port.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#17 Posted: 03:56:22 01/05/2014
I'm going to go with PS3 again, but might be persuaded to go back to Wii if it looks good. I've still failed to get a PS4 or WiiU, so I'm cut off from the next gen again. x.x
Spinall4 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1019
#18 Posted: 04:12:17 01/05/2014
Still not impressed with the xbox one in general. gunna stick with my wii U and 360!
---
I have an unopened molten hot dog,s2 Bash,QDRS,HFR and flocked STTh . Looking for granite crusher,polar whirlwind,volcanic vault and other rares.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#19 Posted: 07:13:07 01/05/2014
Quote: newkill

what about the 3ds version though

I don't see the next-gen versions being too terrible- they'd have to really stuff up to ruin those(though, don't get me wrong, I wish that Acti hadn't been cheap and had gotten someone better at porting to do them, and I'm also kind of worried about the Wii U version because I keep hearing its so much different to port to that than the other nextgens)- but the 3DS games have become less and less stable with each iteration. SA ran fine, rarely ever glitching and looking nice, Giants had a lot of small annoying glitches and occasionally crashed and reset the system(while having much worse graphics), SF doesn't have as many small glitches as Giants did BUT HARD LOCKS THE SYSTEM after playing for a while... That makes me concerned about TT3DS. No matter how well the game is designed, if it runs like crumb then it would be unplayable. On a side note, I'm also concerned that Beenox just won't design the game that well. Pretty sure porting the console version wouldn't work (and that would be lame anyway) and if the game is going to be different again... Well... I haven't heard about any of Beenox's original games, but considering how they port games I'm really worried.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:14:50 01/05/2014 by Arc of Archives
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#20 Posted: 08:25:48 01/05/2014
Assuming that the 3DS version is different than on console like with previous games, the 3DS version of Trap Team is not a port; it has a different story, different levels, and probably different game engine so it is a different game.

I think there was a complication with the Wii version of Swap Force because Beenox was asked to adapt a new engine that was made to run on 360/PS3. Maybe the end result would have been the same or worse if it would have been done by a different studio. When porting to PS4/Xbox One, you just have to increase the FPS, have some textures with better resolution and make sure it runs smooth (I know it is not that easy but you get the point).
---
bye
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#21 Posted: 09:21:36 01/05/2014
Right, but if they had so much trouble making SF on the Wii run, and the previous 3DS games already have issues when running and that just became worse each game, I don't see things ending well. I know it's not an exact comparison, but I'm not trying to outright compare these situations, I just think that based on SF Beenox's involvement with the 3DS version of TT is a sign that it won't end up very good. Maybe they're better at making original games, maybe Acti actually made Beenox hire more/better people just for TT- though we don't know- but regardless I don't see Beenox writing a new, better engine for the next 3DS game because (as someone who has never been involved with game development smilie) it seems like that would take a lot of time and testing. Giants and SF already have trouble running on the current engine, and if Beenox have to add even more new characters and make new levels, and decided to use the same engine, it'll just have even more trouble running the game, won't it? Obviously I'm just speculating, but that's... Well... Kinda the point of this post.

Placing my bet now, TT 3DS is going to be a piece of shovelware, I dare say I think it'll be as "good" as Disney Infinity 3DS was. smilie

I hope that my bet is wrongly-placed, because I don't want the 3DS game to suck. Giants greatly disappointed me since it was just so bland and I loved SSA on the 3DS so much... It was crushing. I didn't even get to 50 hours on SF 3DS, which is quite low for me(I disliked Giants 3DS and I clocked 60+ on that from levelling). It was largely because the console hard-locks ruined the game for me, even though I actually enjoyed most of the levels, some of them a lot. I've heard that TFB are supposed to be working closely with Beenox for the 3DS version this game so maybe they'll be writing a new engine or will optimise the game code really well or something. I can't remember the source for that, but I hope it's true, it'd make me a bit more optimistic.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 09:44:28 01/05/2014 by Arc of Archives
iceblade2488 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1070
#22 Posted: 12:04:23 01/05/2014
theres still 100 something days till release so they have time to fix any bugs. I hope they don't make a bad port because I plan to buy the xbone version.
---
Just a fool driven by nostolgia
#23 Posted: 12:37:52 01/05/2014
Quote: Spinall4
Still not impressed with the xbox one in general. gunna stick with my wii U and 360!

Never really liked the platform...simply prefer Sony better. I know how MS makes software, and hearing RROD and other things in earlier incarnations has more or less soiled me from the platform permanently.
---
Xerxxees Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#24 Posted: 14:42:03 01/05/2014
I recall making a controversial post pre-Christmas time last year about consoles. I think the concept still stands. The Wii is old, its graphics/cpu power aren't close to Wii U/PS3&4/XBOX 360 and One.

If you're a die hard Skylanders fan (or gaming fan) and plan on spending lots of money on Trap Team, then make the upgrade to something newer. You can pick up a Wii U / PS3 / XBOX 360 for pretty cheap. I know I've spent far more on swap force figures than what a Wii U will cost. There's a very good chance there will be a Wii U branded Trap Team version as well.

As for the first generation of games on the next gen consoles, I didn't expect them to be very reliable. The platforms are so new it's hard to find all the gotchas that are inherent in any system. Given the pace that developers are usually pushed (And I mean the guys writing the code, not the company) it's very hard to get a game right. Writing software is very tricky, I've been doing it almost 20 years, and it doesn't get easier as time goes on.

The most important factor is to have the ability to do updates after the game is released. Any game built these days that doesn't have that, I just won't buy. Nor will I buy a console, (or any device), that doesn't have that capability.
JonWeber Green Sparx Gems: 203
#25 Posted: 15:24:15 01/05/2014
I really hope they have a new engine for the 3DS version because we pushed the Alchemy Engine as much as possible. Alchemy shouldn't have even been used for the 3DS games in the first place but there was no time given to create/port our engine over for Giants and Swap Force.

I honestly can't wait to play the 3DS game since it seems like a nice new concept they are adding. I hope it does really well and the 3DS version gets more attention than it has in the past (Marketing-wise).
#26 Posted: 16:02:04 01/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Hey Jon, great to see someone from the development team of the previous 3DS games on here. Are you still involved in Skylanders or have you moved on?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:02:52 01/05/2014 by wideawakewesley
JonWeber Green Sparx Gems: 203
#27 Posted: 16:09:01 01/05/2014
I have moved on but I still love the community and will be playing the next versions of the 3DS games in the future.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#28 Posted: 16:12:04 01/05/2014
I stand in the position of likely joining the next gen craze this Fall. I stand by my original feelings, nothing really compelling is out now, therefore I feel no reason to buy one. However, I also stated if they did a next gen Batman Arkham game, then I am sold. That is happening, so therefore away I go.

Which will I choose? I'm fond of the PS4, the lower cost of entry (I have a Kinect now, and don't do much with it, so that doesn't sell the higher XBOne price to me). I think both consoles will be in parity very soon, the performance differences are still there, but it has improved and will continue to do so - in a year games will probably be identical. Reliability of the consoles seems to have flipped this time around, the XBOne runs cooler, quieter and more reliable from everything I have seen (the PS4 had some issues in the beginning, and if they ship an updated version it will probably fix it). The RROD is old news with the original rev of the XBox 360, I never had a problem with mine because I make sure my consoles have good ventilation (I installed USB fans in my entertainment center for exactly this purpose). I've upgraded BOTH my PS3 and 360 over the years, I liked the new model and larger drive of the 360 S, and the old PS3 ran super loud (not to mention had some lightning run through it). I'm not incredibly fond of the newest PS3, the sliding door feels cheap, but I couldn't find a good deal on the 2nd model when I had to replace it. I've always been a much bigger fan of the XBox (360 and One) controller over the PS ones, the PS doesn't fit my hand well and the sticks are too loose for my tastes. I also think XBoxLive beats the crap out of PSN, although PS+ is great for cheap/free games.

All of that said, it gets trumped by one big thing. I need buy in from my wife to upgrade. Things will go so much easier if she is onboard. And the XBOne has XBox Fitness, with Shaun T., Tony Horton, etc. She is a big workout fan, and loves Insanity and P90X. Having those on the console means she will use it as well. That makes it worth the difference in price to me. We are also planning to "cut the cord" on satellite TV soon, so the TV features will also be welcome. I'm hoping for a price drop before the end of the year.

I'm a big fan of the WiiU and believe that is my personal choice for Skylanders. I prefer to get games for that if they are for the kids. I think it is a fantastic console, particularly if you have a PS3 or 360. With those you cover the bases - Nintendo franchises, great virtual console, and the other console for the other games I like. I'll have to think hard if the graphical upgrades are enticing enough to move to the One for Trap Team. It would be nice if we all had something to play on it come Christmas (when we will get it).
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#29 Posted: 17:44:25 01/05/2014
@DefPally as someone with an XBOne, I can tell you that your gut thus far is correct.

I'm pretty objective despite not having a PS4 as I plan one day to get one, but as it stands I got an XBOne for two reasons - Killer Instinct & Titanfall. Unfortunately, my band of CoD folks would rather play it on the PC than get an XBOne because of the whole E3 fiasco - so I actually never got titanfall (I'm only going to pick up a CoD or clone if I got people to play it with, no randumbs for me - my friends are what made MW2 one of the funnest games I ever played).

As it stands, the PS4 JUST got a game worth owning the system for (Infamous Second Son) and even that is not much of an improvement. The rest of the roster are games that play identical on the PS3/360 like the EA and 2K sport series, or are games that are nothing more than glorified tech demos (Knack is this generations Heavenly Sword). In short, people who own a PS4 right now can't brag about ANYTHING.

As for XBOne, it's better, but not by much. Killer Instinct is worth playing, Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare is worth playing, of course Titanfall, but after that it's the same roster as the PS4. Performance difference is WAY overstated by people trying to find issues more so than its an actual issue...if you're that hung up on graphics - play everything on a PC. What I really wanted to speak up on was the price. The XBOne has had some RIDICULOUS sales over the past couple of months. A few weeks ago I saw a NewEgg.com sale I think it was for $450 you'd get the Titanfall bundle AND Need for Speed...so $620 worth of hardware and software for only $50 more than just a PS4. And I'm CONSTANTLY seeing sales (check Slickdeals.net) that put the price at $450 with at least one $60 game. So the lower cost of entry with a PS4 is pretty much null if you actually look beyond just going to Best Buy. You add one game and the PS4 is at the same price point or higher - and the PS4 does NOT go on sale (neither do the accessories surprisingly).

My Wii U just collects dust. I'm thinking of getting it for that so that I can multitask, let me son watch Netflix or play Disney Infinity while I play Skylanders or I can play Killer Instinct while he plays skylanders.

But my final comment, it's not worth it to buy a new console until either this Xmas holiday at the earliest, but realistically next Spring - their just isn't the software here or even coming
- Unreall
#30 Posted: 18:01:49 01/05/2014
Honestly, the PS4 price difference versus the XBOne is pretty silly at this point anyways. If being an early adopter is important, then obviously price doesn't bother you much anyways. If you want to save money, wait for sales and price drops.
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#31 Posted: 21:28:10 01/05/2014
As a huge Halo fan I'll probably be getting an XBO in the not so distant future, but there hasn't been a real reason to pull the trigger yet. Yet I'd like to get DI 2.0 and STT on the XBO so hopefully they'll be a price drop in the fall.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#32 Posted: 22:26:13 01/05/2014
I'm kinda baffled that next gen has really turned out to be a zero sum game. One of the reasons why anyone buys a stupid new console is for some game or content they GOTTA have. Kinda funny, generations past knew to release this type of content with their console...it seems these days that getting exclusivity is tough. Combined with that, no one is taking advantage of any of the consoles because of their common denominator for their other platforms. It makes for a sad day for the consumer. It's a major reason why I haven't thought of buying anything...my PS3 works fine thank you.

The last Batman Arkham game this fall is the type of game I WANT...but after Origins I'm a bit gunshy. Yes I know Rocksteady is on it but the last game felt so much "more of the same" I'm not sure they can bring it back.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:28:44 01/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#33 Posted: 22:50:39 01/05/2014
I was one of the early adopters of the PS4, in fact my boyfriend and I were there at launch to pick up our systems. We both got one, and exchanged them as "our christmas gifts to each other" that year LOL. Since then I haven't even touched my PS3 or Wii. I was nervous about cooling as my PS3 always ran hot inside of the entertainment center, so I ended up setting up the PS4 on the outside of the center next to the TV, which turned out to be a lot more convenient in the end.

We have an Xbox 360, but never really touched it, and Microsoft never really got an games we were interested in. I know the titles are limited now, but there's been enough new fun content every month to make the PS4 worthwhile in our opinions. The Playstation Network has offered a new free game every month so far and a lot of them have been awesome. Such as: Outlast, Don't Starve, Resogun, etc. Plus, Infamous Second Son was insanely addictive that I played half the game in a day LOL. The graphics are simply amazing and it functions as a computer hub for my new TV with all of the apps and super easy "wake up" and start watching features. Plus the share features are what we end up using the most. I love how we can purchase a game ONCE digitally and both play it from our separate houses. I think it can only get better from here, especially with titles such as Watch Dogs, Evil Within, and Evolve in the lineup this year. I really hope Beenox doesn't screw over the PS4 version of Trap Team, because after seeing SF on the PS4 I couldn't go back to the older games!

I really hope Sony decides to go forward with the updates to turn on the promised features such as streaming your own music in the background while playing games, and the 4K ready features! It's already an amazing 3D player. I do have a complaint with the quality of the rubber on the joystiqs of the new controllers, it rubs off constantly in your hands. The old controllers never did that.

My new TV arrives tomorrow! I'm freaking out hahaha! We just upgraded to the new Samsung curved 55" models and the amount of depth added is insane! I have all of my other gadgets for streaming on the TV installed through the PS4, so it's pretty awesome to switch between "monitor for my computer," streaming video player, and games so quickly.
SkylandersGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1434
#34 Posted: 01:10:50 02/05/2014
Glitches are always in games no matter what it's not the developers fault I'm sure Beenox will do a fantastic job on making STT
#35 Posted: 10:00:12 02/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: SkylandersGamer
Glitches are always in games no matter what it's not the developers fault I'm sure Beenox will do a fantastic job on making STT

As someone who tests software for a living, I can categorically state that it's always the development team's fault (and that includes the QA folks). The Amazing Spider-man 2 example is probably harsh because it needed to be released alongside the movie, that almost always leads to additional problems. I'm sure Skylanders will be great on all platforms, I just have concerns.

With regards to moving up to next-gen. I'd like to own both consoles, but will probably get a PS4 first. There's just so little content to justify it. Not that there aren't good games on PS4, just that so few of them could only exist on that hardware. We need more examples of games that justify the hardware, especially when the graphics don't seem to be a huge leap over the last generation (yet).
---
iceblade2488 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1070
#36 Posted: 11:17:49 02/05/2014
Maybe i'll try ps4.
---
Just a fool driven by nostolgia
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:18:11 02/05/2014 by iceblade2488
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#37 Posted: 13:15:09 02/05/2014
Well th3e first next gen console (Wii U) got lamblasted for lack of content. From day one I said its a year early. Nintendo needs to launch it with a couple of its big First Party titles, yet here we are, more than a year later and we still don't have a Smash or a Kart.

The other two next gen consoles were both a year too early as well. The lack of software support and the design both show this, cutting the crap - both systems are super underpowered. Yes PCs will always run circles around consoles, but the disparity these days is HUGE. I look at games on my 360 and my PS3 and, none are lacking enough to justify the need for another console. Honestly, if it wasn't for Killer Instinct and my 'techno-gadgetphillia', I wouldn't have my XBOne.

But my common sense alarms have been going full gear since buying a house, so the PS4 is waiting until I have an actual use for it. It doesn't even have a fighting game (my big passion) yet.
- Unreall
#38 Posted: 14:24:06 02/05/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
The last Batman Arkham game this fall is the type of game I WANT...but after Origins I'm a bit gunshy. Yes I know Rocksteady is on it but the last game felt so much "more of the same" I'm not sure they can bring it back.

I know I'm in the minority for this, but I liked Arkham Origins a lot. It's the first one I actually collected all of the Riddler trophies. I found the focus on more obscure villains refreshing. Arkham City is one of my absolute favorites for this generation, so if you tell me "Hey, we'll give you more of that with a new story and different bad guys", then sign me up! No, it did not advance the formula at all. Yes, there are some issues with having equipment you just developed in City available to you in a prequel. And yes there are some bugs, and they refuse to fix some of them now. But, I didn't experience many personally.

I just a couple weeks ago picked up the Season Pass on sale on XBox Live. It was $9.99, and given that Cold, Cold Heart alone was going to cost that and it included it, I picked it up for some extra costumes and more arena stuff. I played through Cold, Cold Heart last night and it was great - maybe 3 hours of content (a bit more if you do everything). I like how they have handled Mr. Freeze in Arkham, and it had some Penguin as well (which is also really well done). It's an origin story for Mr. Freeze, has several new places to go but you are limited to only two of the city areas. It ties in well with the good story from Origins, and actually explains why at least one of your weapons isn't available in later games (chronologically) - the glue grenade formula was unstable. The new armored freeze ray guys are also cool, you can get them to freeze other bad guys for you. His new thermal suit also looks cool.
#39 Posted: 14:56:20 02/05/2014
I didn't not like it, but the magic wasn't there for me like the first two entries. It felt close enough to the previous games for me to enjoy, but nothing really new was in the game. It's how I'm feeling about Skylanders now with the gameplay content. They have me for the starter, but little else.

I mean to get Cold Cold Heart as I know the origins well (it mimicks the Batman Animated series very well in that regard). Kinda funny, if they had put that much thought into the game itself I may be saying something differently. WB's decision not to patch but produce more content is also irritating me /shaking me off a little as well. From what I've seen--the patches are justified. If we keep eating crap, stop complaining once you accept it I say.

Quote: wideawakewesley
As someone who tests software for a living, I can categorically state that it's always the development team's fault (and that includes the QA folks).

I like people that take responsibility and man up. Thanks! And I Agree. But let me ask you--has the publisher pushed the product into the market despite development's adamant feedback that it needs to be addressed? Not sure if they can be totally at fault in that case...unless they missed deadlines.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 15:03:17 02/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
#40 Posted: 15:13:48 02/05/2014
Yeah, but I didn't feel like I was eating crap. I had fun the whole way through. I had a blast last night going back to it for Cold, Cold Heart. The stealth is fun, and the fighting is so much fun it doesn't make you feel punished for messing up the stealth. Origins was an offshoot, and Rocksteady will be back in the saddle for Arkham Knight, so I'm really stoked. I think the bugs were a result of having the B Team in the dev seat, it wasn't their game, it wasn't their engine - that's on WB, and the public reaction to it will definitely have an impact. Origins dropped in price far faster than other games int he franchise.
#41 Posted: 15:53:02 02/05/2014
Wasn't speaking to you, just me. The gamers of BAA are very vocal, hence my point. Glad you liked the game. I didn't hate it, I just didn't love it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:53:46 02/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
#42 Posted: 20:16:40 02/05/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Wasn't speaking to you, just me. The gamers of BAA are very vocal, hence my point. Glad you liked the game. I didn't hate it, I just didn't love it.

Yeah, I know you weren't - just making the point that I was pleased with it, in general. I really don't get the hate, I get that people weren't wowed at it (like you), but the vocal community you mentioned really seem to have it in for this game. It was never going to be revolutionary, we knew that the moment they said they had farmed it out from Rocksteady (it was SO obvious Rocksteady was working on a next gen version). And I personally think this is a perfect example of why you don't always do multiplayer, it stinks in that game. Those resources would have been much better served by applying them to the main game to sort out the bugs and add some more content and fan service (which compared to the first two was sorely lacking, on of my complaints with it - I always liked finding those little Easter eggs).

Rocksteady obviously has a lot of really big Batman comics fans, I think that was lacking at WB Montreal (and I mean dedicated fans, not people that just know him from the movies). They know their stuff, all the little things. They get the characters right. I'm hoping that them saying this is the last Arkham game means they are going to do other things in this arena (Justice League maybe?) and not that they are going to just be done with Batman.
#43 Posted: 21:01:23 02/05/2014
The easter eggs and some of the hidden content in the massive playing areas is awesome...especially if you understand the comic lore. Totally agreed on that. Maybe I had a problem with the voice acting too.
---
#44 Posted: 22:34:29 02/05/2014

As someone who tests software for a living, I can categorically state that it's always the development team's fault (and that includes the QA folks). The Amazing Spider-man 2 example is probably harsh because it needed to be released alongside the movie, that almost always leads to additional problems. I'm sure Skylanders will be great on all platforms, I just have concerns.

With regards to moving up to next-gen. I'd like to own both consoles, but will probably get a PS4 first. There's just so little content to justify it. Not that there aren't good games on PS4, just that so few of them could only exist on that hardware. We need more examples of games that justify the hardware, especially when the graphics don't seem to be a huge leap over the last generation (yet).

Your wrong glitches are not made by developers glitches are something that are just in video games
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#45 Posted: 22:41:50 02/05/2014

Your wrong glitches are not made by developers glitches are something that are just in video games

He didn't say "The developers put them there on purpose". But it's the developments team job to find them and fix them before release. So it is their screw-up when a bug is still there upon release. That's the grown up world. It's someone's responsibility to take care of or prevent "mistakes". You don't get a free pass simply because it was unintentional and we all want to play nice.

Development takes the fall for glitches. It's on them.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#46 Posted: 22:43:52 02/05/2014
Quote: Earth-Dragon

He didn't say "The developers put them there on purpose". But it's the developments team job to find them and fix them before release. So it is their screw-up when a bug is still there upon release. That's the grown up world. It's someone's responsibility to take care of or prevent "mistakes". You don't get a free pass simply because it was unintentional and we all want to play nice.

Development takes the fall for glitches. It's on them.

What ever I don't care
#47 Posted: 23:42:55 02/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Glitches don't just appear. Glitches are due to badly written code. There are many reasons why code doesn't do the job without glitches, but ultimately it's the responsibility of the person who wrote it to ensure there aren't any. However, a good development team shoulders that responsibility collectively and works together to prevent and eliminate them before a game (or any other type of software) goes on sale. It's impossible to release glitch free software, but we do our best to ensure any that do slip through the cracks are inconsequential.

In terms of the impact a publisher can have, it's true a publisher could exert pressure on a development team that increased the likelihood that glitches will be present in the software, but they're not the one's writing the code. They are however part of a team who are collectively responsible for the quality of the software they're selling.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me