First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Trap Team vs. Disney Infinity 2.0
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#101 Posted: 16:19:34 03/05/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
i feel like disney is the only one making progress. they added so much to their new game and even added some fan requested characters and took out what WASN'T selling well, activision is just making a game with stuff we've seen before and some fancy crystals. i think it might be time to pick a side.

The only thing that I don't want with DI 2.0 if I go there is those stupid discs. Once I know more about both, I'll make up my mind, but in all likelihood I'll be defecting this year.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#102 Posted: 19:04:01 03/05/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
i feel like disney is the only one making progress. they added so much to their new game and even added some fan requested characters and took out what WASN'T selling well, activision is just making a game with stuff we've seen before and some fancy crystals. i think it might be time to pick a side.

The only thing that I don't want with DI 2.0 if I go there is those stupid discs. Once I know more about both, I'll make up my mind, but in all likelihood I'll be defecting this year.

What do you need to know about the discs?
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
madibart Blue Sparx Gems: 511
#103 Posted: 19:43:19 03/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I think this answers a lot of questions people might have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...eature=youtu.be

This truly seems like an evolution of the game concept. What they show with the toy box using brushes to create worlds and tracks, the "builders" who you can place to create editable content, interiors of buildings to allow individual building customization and finally user defined game modes within the toy box are all things that will allow me to play inside this game for hundreds of hours using my own creativity to define the game.

I am a big fan of Little Big Planet and made dozens of levels there. Then I moved on to Mod Nation Racers and made dozens of tracks. I, for one, really like using these tools to create my own experience and find it more fun, many times, than the original content. I do not find it "lazy" of the developers to give people the tools to do this.

This also should ease the problem that people have with the characters not being able to enter each others worlds. If the new gameplay types in the toy box (tower defense and dungeon crawler) allow you to play ANY character in 4 player online mode then that is enough for me. If they want to keep the story sets coherent for the characters who exist in those stories I'm fine with that.

By the way, I don't work for DI smilie
I just find the choices they've made for development of their IP to be a real step forward and Skylanders has some catching up to do. If I'm going to purchase more figures I'm going to but them for the game which offers the most lasting appeal and in this case I think it's DI.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:47:49 03/05/2014 by madibart
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#104 Posted: 20:15:31 03/05/2014
Quote: wideawakewesley
Quote: GhostRoaster

What do you need to know about the discs?

I need them to go away...they are annoying like the crystals.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#105 Posted: 10:14:30 04/05/2014
I'm still sticking with Skylanders. I tried Disney Infinity, but it really soured my experience and just made me not want to go there again. With TfB at the helm again, I have a bit more faith in the upcoming Skylanders instalment.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#106 Posted: 10:46:14 04/05/2014
Apparently there will be 80+ new power disc. So they aren't going anywhere.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#107 Posted: 18:08:36 04/05/2014
I found DI 1.0 to be quite boring, Especially toy box mode. Online doesn't help much with that. The playsets were definitely better in my opinion, but lacked any form of challenge or excitement. They were mostly fetch quests and the like.
As a side note, I am a 28 year old married man with a job so I really don't have time to BUILD anything great, and the download levels were sloppy on the "What am I supposed to do" side, no clear direction at all. The main thing I enjoyed from DI was unlocking the items for toy box, but even that was fairly short lived.
I know 2.0 is expanding on some of my complaints but I really don't have that much trust into how DEEP the advancements are. The dungeon crawling mini game will probably be very basic and easy with only a few different setups of level arrangement and enemies.
I may be completely wrong but seeing how much more I enjoy Skylanders' Gameplay in general, I really can't leave. Now I just hope there's a lot more gameplay.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:10:03 04/05/2014 by diddy50
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#108 Posted: 18:23:50 04/05/2014
I bought disney when it came out, played the lone ranger levels with my son, they were ok. I havent played it since, i did collect some of the figures because I like Disney in general. I prob will buy DI-2.0 and might play if the levels are fun as i love Marvel stuff in general alot more, and if not def the figures.

I think having disney around is good as it will force Activ hopefully to step up there game, trap team looks good thou i'd rather have the villans as toys.
Kitah-san Green Sparx Gems: 192
#109 Posted: 15:59:16 05/05/2014
I plan on getting both - while my budget doesn't cater to collect all the characters from both games, I can always do that over a longer period of time.

The thing is about them is Infinity will always offer more in terms of replayability. While the ToyBox is lack luster as there is "no point" in it (What do we achieve? Yes, we can make our own worlds and challenges but what is the goal? Unless we can make missions/quests and storylines using NPCs and what notfor other people to experience and we can experience ourselves then yes). There is still more replayability here.

In Skylanders you can only replay it so much until it gets repeatative and I'll tell you now that the amount of characters per game they release - there isn't enough content without it getting repeatative to level them up, no way at all.

If Skylanders wants to "beat" DI then they need to think (as some have said in this thread) their strategy for long term replayability. I love the characters and character designs, the personality and life that they put into each and every one of them (Which DI doesn't need to do completely as they have stories and backgrounds for each already made set in their own universes) but to complete the experience they need something.. more? They could do this in a variety of different ways:
-Make a Skylanders "Free-Roam" mode in a sense (kind of like the lego games where they have the levels - so skylanders would keep their own type of game and then a freeroam type of area). They could add RPG elements and even side stories on top of this (heck, each character has a backstory, why not be able to play those backstories as flashbacks?).
-Copy Toybox and make a "create your own" area within the game.
-Minigames that allow you to do "something" somewhat like the old online world.
-Probably more reasons, but I'm not that imaginative.

DI2.0 seems more interesting to me than Trap Team (Hope there is a mute button on that new portal...) and that is only because of the replayability aspect. I love being able to get more content out of the games I play. (Just runnng arond is fun) but on set narative story lines which make you go from Start to End will always get repeatative.

I do hope when Skylanders 5 releases (or heck, if they start edging some of it into Trap Team) there will be replayability for the amount of characters there are avaliable.

Good luck to both games anyway smilie

(Also, DI2.0 while they are aiming for the Marvel Audiences right now they also have Disney characters in it - Maleificent, Stitch and the girl from Brave have been confirmed - not offically, but hinted at by staff in previews of the game from the main trailer so there is still hope).
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me