First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Trap Team vs. Disney Infinity 2.0
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#51 Posted: 00:55:57 01/05/2014
Quote: crocko33
I know I'm talking to Skylander fanboys, so this may go on deaf ears.

But, I have both games and love them both. Over the last 4 months, 75% of my play time has actually been in the Skylanders world.

With that said, seeing how Activision has handled Swap Force and not what I'm seeing for Trap Team and comparing that to the presentation I just saw for Disney Infinity 2.0.
Infinity 2.0 has me wow'ed!

From the perspective of being a fan of both games, the biggest thing that impressed me with what I watched today was just how much the Infinity team is focused on listening to consumer feedback and making the game better both a) technically because they can and b) because it is what the audience wants.
Every new advancement they announced is blue sky things that I have been hearing fans discuss over the past few months -- and we're actually getting it!!

Maybe I'm wrong, but with Activision, I think the difference is that they are advancing the game more to make a statement about who they are and what they can do and not necessarily because this is what our gamers want. With that said, there's a whole lot more info about Trap Team that I am still waiting on/looking forward to hearing -- hoping we continue to get more exciting news about the next game.

For me and my family, though, I can tell you we are already hooked on what Infinity 2.0 is bringing.

I'm thinking not listening to Skylanders gamers might be Activision's undoing....Infinity listening to consumers? Maybe it's time to switch. At this point, playing with Marvel Superheroes sounds more fun to me than buying crystals and hearing sounds coming out of my portal. Sorry, Activision.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:28:48 01/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#52 Posted: 03:14:59 01/05/2014
I've decided I'll get DI2.0 before STT. Disney has stepped up it's game and I appreciate that.
Mattlander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1338
#53 Posted: 04:55:41 01/05/2014
I wish that TFB or Activision would address what I (and I'm guessing others) see as the biggest flaw, the length of the adventure mode. I think Disney was clearly all over that from the start with the "infinity" toy box idea.

Trap Team could have added a randomly-generated adventure mode or even better, use the same user-created content idea. Keeping the players interested all year will help sell more toys.

I really hope they listen to how the competitor is focusing on their weak spots.
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#54 Posted: 06:11:05 01/05/2014
The toy box isn't actually a story level. It's just a sandbox. It's not legitimate game contain. More of a cop out.

I hope people aren't getting sucked in by that nonsense.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
madibart Blue Sparx Gems: 511
#55 Posted: 07:54:42 01/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Earth-Dragon
The toy box isn't actually a story level. It's just a sandbox. It's not legitimate game contain. More of a cop out.

You are correct that the Toy Box is not a story level and is a sandbox. However, you are incorrect to state that it's not legitimate game contain (I assume you mean content) and it's a cop out.

I have played more hours in the toy box than I have in the story levels and I've played over 50 hours in the story levels. As it stands in 1.0 the toy box is a decent tool. You can really make some excellent content if you have the time and desire to do so. I played a TON of little big planet and this has a similar feeling for creating levels in which to play around. I spent over 15 hours just constructing a huge level to hide eggs in so my daughter (who lives in another country) could play with me on Easter morning trying to find them. It was as much fun to build as it was to watch her play through it.

And, from the many videos I've seen it looks like they've addressed the concerns to make it more user friendly. So, I imagine I'll play even more of it with 2.0

After the story mode is done in Skylanders the extra content is arena battles which are a different form of gameplay but using the same battle mechanic and two modes (time trial and point attack) using the EXACT SAME gameplay levels I've already beaten. If you want to talk about a cop out, I'd suggest looking at that.

And as I've stated before, I am a HUGE Skylanders fan and have enjoyed all of the games. However, the formula is getting tired and it's time they really shake it up, not just add more of the same gameplay and another 60 characters for me to buy. And no, creating more things for me to buy so I can capture in game characters is not a game changer.
BlazeHeatnix28 Blue Sparx Gems: 911
#56 Posted: 11:25:57 01/05/2014
Quote: madibart

You are correct that the Toy Box is not a story level and is a sandbox. However, you are incorrect to state that it's not legitimate game contain (I assume you mean content) and it's a cop out.

I have played more hours in the toy box than I have in the story levels and I've played over 50 hours in the story levels. As it stands in 1.0 the toy box is a decent tool. You can really make some excellent content if you have the time and desire to do so. I played a TON of little big planet and this has a similar feeling for creating levels in which to play around. I spent over 15 hours just constructing a huge level to hide eggs in so my daughter (who lives in another country) could play with me on Easter morning trying to find them. It was as much fun to build as it was to watch her play through it.

And, from the many videos I've seen it looks like they've addressed the concerns to make it more user friendly. So, I imagine I'll play even more of it with 2.0

After the story mode is done in Skylanders the extra content is arena battles which are a different form of gameplay but using the same battle mechanic and two modes (time trial and point attack) using the EXACT SAME gameplay levels I've already beaten. If you want to talk about a cop out, I'd suggest looking at that.

And as I've stated before, I am a HUGE Skylanders fan and have enjoyed all of the games. However, the formula is getting tired and it's time they really shake it up, not just add more of the same gameplay and another 60 characters for me to buy. And no, creating more things for me to buy so I can capture in game characters is not a game changer.

Agreed. They have to add some new original content to the games that's not just changing the objective of the same level you've already played a dozen times before. Adding more characters doesn't help either. If they were to add in some sort of level creator you could share online safely, I think that would give it a boost in quality and help it battle the competition.
---
Awesome Shadow The Hedgehog & Ahsoka Tano avatar by the equally awesome Ace Archdragon!!!!
"I can handle anything."-Ahsoka Tano (SW TCW Ssn.3 Ep.21)
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#57 Posted: 13:27:25 01/05/2014
Not getting either till I can get them for 40 bucks or less. I'm not made of money and, honestly, I'm still playing Giants. And I'll probably never get Disney Infinity games, since, I really don't like Disney that much. ...And they're not even sculpturing the Disney characters I do like. They got Monster's Inc. characters, and that's pretty much it for me. If they could sculpture more of Disney's less human characters like Stitch or... actually, Stitch is the big one for me. But I think he's already a magical item or battle disc or something, isn't he? I don't pay much attention. ...But overall, yeah, I'd generally like some of Disney's less human characters. As for Marvel characters, if they mean those ugly-*** chibified monstrosities, not interested.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:27:51 01/05/2014 by MugoUrth
#58 Posted: 13:35:36 01/05/2014
Quote: MugoUrth
Not getting either till I can get them for 40 bucks or less. I'm not made of money and, honestly, I'm still playing Giants. And I'll probably never get Disney Infinity games, since, I really don't like Disney that much. ...And they're not even sculpturing the Disney characters I do like. They got Monster's Inc. characters, and that's pretty much it for me. If they could sculpture more of Disney's less human characters like Stitch or... actually, Stitch is the big one for me. But I think he's already a magical item or battle disc or something, isn't he? I don't pay much attention. ...But overall, yeah, I'd generally like some of Disney's less human characters. As for Marvel characters, if they mean those ugly-*** chibified monstrosities, not interested.

Stitch is going to be in this new game. He was seen in the trailer
#59 Posted: 13:54:48 01/05/2014
Quote: ZapNorris

Stitch is going to be in this new game. He was seen in the trailer

Really? Yay!

...Still not buying it. smilie
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#60 Posted: 14:28:41 01/05/2014
From what they've shown, I'm not convinced. I remember being hyped for Disney Infinity pre-release, and I loved how Disney communicated about the game and just finding info was so much fun and it seemed like a great worldbuilder game that would have fun stories in the play sets, then when I bought it the game just had tons of things I disliked and it's solidly in the "meh" category for me. I'm not much of a Disney fan either, none of their characters besides more Wreck-It Ralph characters would be especially exciting to me. Skylanders also has tons of things I dislike and can learn from parts of Infinity. Acti should try to communicate more often, the hype Disney builds and the info they periodically reveal to keep people interested is a really great part of DI, and Skylanders needs something similar to keep people interested and keep giving us new info because there isn't enough new content in each game, and Acti needs to stop being so apprehensive about patches which they obviously aren't doing just because they don't want to pay to get them made. But I get bored of it much less quickly than I got bored of Infinity because the toy gimmick is pulled off more uniquely, setting it aside from other games, while there are other decent worldbuilders besides DI, and overall I just find it more fun because of personal attachment. The Toy Box was just too limited for building for my tastes (no water... ugh) and the Play Sets were actually fun at first but became repetitive and stayed incredibly easy the whole way through. Minecraft is still the definitive worldbuilder to me- that may not be a "fair" comparison considering it's on the PC and it isn't held back by hardware as much, but it's far cheaper to get access to the full game if you already have a PC that can run it and personally I just find it more fun(it's actually one of my favourite games ever). Also, it doesn't have a needlessly tossed on toy gimmick that Skylanders did far better.

However, I'm not going to totally write it off either. I've heard that they're offering some improvements to the toy box such as offering new game modes, and at the absolute least, that's definitely a step in the right direction. I just won't seriously consider buying it until we hear about more improvements, although if they fix more of the issues I had with DI1, maybe. The main thing discouraging me from the game is the toy gimmick. There's no real reason given for it to be part of the game- it's supposedly because you're playing with toys of characters rather than the actual characters in the game, but that's never explained in-game, so it just felt like a cheap excuse to me- and it makes the game needlessly expensive over, as I said, something like Minecraft, or LittleBigPlanet(if you can't tell from me giving the two obvious examples, I haven't played many worldbuilders smilie I just like Minecraft that much). Toys also waste space. I hardly play DI but I have two shelves on one of my bookcase where most of my DI figures are collecting dust(only Ralph and Vanellope aren't suffering that fate, as they're my favourites, they're sitting on my desk). Mainly, it's just not nessicary, and doesn't really add much to the experience. True, the toy gimmick isn't nessicary in Skylanders either, but it actually adds to the experience at least a bit because data is stored on the to and there's proper lore behind it(even if that was tossed aside after SA...). I don't know the source but someone on Disney Infinity Fans linked to something that said the data for new character trees were supposed to be stored IN-GAME. Not on the toys like in Skylanders. If that's true, the skill trees do not mean having toys has more of a point now(I guess it means getting new toys is more exciting because they'll actually have more unique moves?). DI toys feel like unlock keys to me more than something that enhances the game. They're fun to collect and look nice, but they could have easily been their own thing anyway, and the game would just be better without the toys. Because of the game being needlessly expensive combined with the fact that I don't care for that many Disney franchises, play sets and challenges becoming repetitive well as my love of Minecraft which is a better world builder, and the fact that Skylanders does Toys To Life at least a thousand times better I can't get into Infinity at all.

Please note that this post was me ranting my personal opinion more than an objective critique. smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:52:29 01/05/2014 by Arc of Archives
crocko33 Blue Sparx Gems: 685
#61 Posted: 14:45:14 01/05/2014
Interesting comparison of the two games based on something announced for 2.0 yesterday.

There will be a new toy box game -- a Dungeon Crawler-style game (with a Marvel look/feel).
My understanding is that each time you play through this game, play through a level; it will be slightly different; that you won't ever play through the exact same level. Furthermore, you can pick a sidekick character to help you and will have the ability to upgrade that sidekicks abilities.

As I compare this to Skylanders games, I love mission maps and battle arenas -- but how awesome if you could get shifting/changing/updating arenas or maps for a character. Instead of doing heroic quests to simply add stat boosts. You would get to continually test your figure further as you re-enter an arena that throws newer, more difficult challenges at you.
---
55 out of 80 Skylanders -- Activate account = crocko33
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#62 Posted: 14:51:48 01/05/2014
Well I'm still team Skylander even after seeing yesterday's Infinity 2.0 presentation. I watched the entire thing live yesterday. While impressive it still doesn't address my main problem with that franchise...limited use of figures. Until they fix the issue with "Toy Box Only" figs. I will not support that game. They would have truly had something unique if they let the characters mix genres. I'm not paying full price for figs. and not have them available in most of the game.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#63 Posted: 16:29:17 01/05/2014
Quote: Zylek
There will be more classic Disney characters and playsets, they just focused on the super hero aspect today.

Honestly, classic Disney characters is the only thing they can get my attention with. Lion King, Sword in the Stone, Aristocats, Peter Pan... Oswald the Lucky Rabbit... An Epic Mickey playset would have me buy the whole darn game just for that.

But I'm not getting my hopes up. I was let down by Infinity last time, and I generally love Disney games (even the really bad ones).
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#64 Posted: 17:28:25 01/05/2014
Quote: Corn_Hornet
Are all of the old figures getting skill trees added as well or just the 2.0 ones?

Probably not. If it wasn't programmed onto the figure, they won't be able to add it.

This is what the falsehood is though of "infinity is listening to the fans". The fans are telling them to be more like Skylanders essentially, so they are making their game more like Skylanders. They aren't coming up with anything original in their improvements.

Be wary when the progress of the game is just "go in the same direction as our competition". It doesn't always work out.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#65 Posted: 17:30:26 01/05/2014
DI 2 is going rogue rpg with their dungeon crawler idea. Didnt see that happening.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#66 Posted: 17:54:13 01/05/2014
Quote: RadSpyro
There will be more classic Disney characters and playsets, they just focused on the super hero aspect today.

Honestly, classic Disney characters is the only thing they can get my attention with. Lion King, Sword in the Stone, Aristocats, Peter Pan... Oswald the Lucky Rabbit... An Epic Mickey playset would have me buy the whole darn game just for that.

But I'm not getting my hopes up. I was let down by Infinity last time, and I generally love Disney games (even the really bad ones).

I'm firmly the opposite. All I care about is being able to essentially make my own 'Danger Room'. If I do end up getting DI2 (knowing me I will), I will not be a completionist about it like I was with the first one (sort of - no Frozen, Rupenzel, or Wreck It Ralph) and with skylanders. I don't like Star Wars nor have interest in any figures besides Stitch. My son will pine and claw at me to get Iron man, Hulk, and Spiderman, and I'll get Hawkeye. That's it so far. Maybe I'll get a 'new Mickey Variant'. I'll get Stitch.
- Unreall
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#67 Posted: 18:05:27 01/05/2014
They can add skill trees to existing figures if they planned ahead and put space for extra stuff on the figure. It's just data, the game can interpret it as a skill tree as long as there is room - all you need is one bit per skill. A fairly small skill tree could be stored in just a few bytes.
Rattlebuckler Gold Sparx Gems: 2298
#68 Posted: 18:17:03 01/05/2014
question will i have buy a all new starter pack or is the game fowards compatible
---
We’re 106 miles from Chicago we got a full tank of gas a half a pack of cigarettes it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses hit it -blues brothers
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#69 Posted: 18:21:17 01/05/2014
^ Yes, the skill trees are programmed onto figures, just need to a place to store the 1s and 0s to tell what choices have been made.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#70 Posted: 18:26:59 01/05/2014
so how am i sopposed to get the avengers play set iron amn black widow and thor i i dont buy the starter pack
---
We’re 106 miles from Chicago we got a full tank of gas a half a pack of cigarettes it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses hit it -blues brothers
#71 Posted: 18:49:52 01/05/2014
They haven't announced details of a "portal owners pack" yet.
---
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#72 Posted: 19:03:30 01/05/2014
Disney Infinity 2.0 apparently isn't coming to Wii. Trap Team is. Interesting...
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#73 Posted: 19:39:54 01/05/2014
so will i be able to play it on wii and 3ds has not got mention ethier
---
MoonlitCynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2589
#74 Posted: 19:52:11 01/05/2014
I'm a fan of both games but I'm finding myself much more excited for Dinsey Infinity 2.0 over Trap Team. Skylanders is just becoming too much for me and now with the addition of the traps I'm kinda about ready to throw in the towel.

I also am not a fan that there is no online play for Skylanders. It's a major downfall for them. Seriously
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#75 Posted: 20:37:30 01/05/2014
At 1:49 in the video provided in the OPs link, it shows no Wii or 3DS.

I agree that Skylanders needs to push 3DS sales and need to Try to innovate on that side a bit more.

Risk vs Reward in console games is pretty terrible these days though. It's hard to get companies to do things that aren't proven to work by someone else (hence much of Infinity's development taking most of their concepts from what was working and likable from Skylanders which they didn't have)
---
#76 Posted: 20:38:01 01/05/2014
I like the new "sidekick" game discs too, so you'll be able to upgrade the sidekick and it looks like you'll able to switch back and forth between controlling them and the main character. I guess I'll take Iron Patriot and Winter Soldier over Trigger Snappy and Whisper Elf for what they offer in game.
---
#77 Posted: 20:53:40 01/05/2014
I like the new "sidekick" game discs too, so you'll be able to upgrade the sidekick and it looks like you'll able to switch back and forth between controlling them and the main character. I guess I'll take Iron Patriot and Winter Soldier over Trigger Snappy and Whisper Elf for what they offer in game.

It's funny that most of these "great concepts" are downgraded versions of what Skylanders provides.

Instead of giving you an Iron Patriot figure, you have to get Iron Man AND the token to play the guy you might want to play. It's a more limiting concept versus a better one.

They can call it by the same name, but one is a pet and the other is a very limited player character instead of providing you with more unhindered options.

It's closer in concept to the trapped Villains idea, but makes less sense why the two are tied together.

Honestly both these games are getting more and more disappointing.

The only reason I'm still probably gonna get trap team is to play the last batch of these swappers I never touched.

The Marvel part of DI2 is just destroying any hope of getting another Ultimate Alliance game that's gonna be half as fun, a 1/4 of the length, and much more expensive. As a Marvel fan, much of this is discouraging.
---
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#78 Posted: 20:57:15 01/05/2014
Disney to Activision:

Shots. Fired.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#79 Posted: 21:06:37 01/05/2014
Disney Infinity 2 looks better imo
crocko33 Blue Sparx Gems: 685
#80 Posted: 21:12:52 01/05/2014
Quote: Corn_Hornet
Are all of the old figures getting skill trees added as well or just the 2.0 ones?

Probably not. If it wasn't programmed onto the figure, they won't be able to add it.

This is what the falsehood is though of "infinity is listening to the fans". The fans are telling them to be more like Skylanders essentially, so they are making their game more like Skylanders. They aren't coming up with anything original in their improvements.

Be wary when the progress of the game is just "go in the same direction as our competition". It doesn't always work out.

It's funny that most of these "great concepts" are downgraded versions of what Skylanders provides.

Instead of giving you an Iron Patriot figure, you have to get Iron Man AND the token to play the guy you might want to play. It's a more limiting concept versus a better one.

They can call it by the same name, but one is a pet and the other is a very limited player character instead of providing you with more unhindered options.

It's closer in concept to the trapped Villains idea, but makes less sense why the two are tied together.

Honestly both these games are getting more and more disappointing.

The only reason I'm still probably gonna get trap team is to play the last batch of these swappers I never touched.

The Marvel part of DI2 is just destroying any hope of getting another Ultimate Alliance game that's gonna be half as fun, a 1/4 of the length, and much more expensive. As a Marvel fan, much of this is discouraging.

After what seemed to be a very nice, logical post in your other thread about logistics - it disappoints me that these are the statements you are coming up with.

So, if many fans say they love the characters but wish they had cooler abilities/upgrades....then Disney trying to listen to these requests is really just them being like the competition.
Furthermore, the executive producer of the game has been quoted, "Older characters, from the original Disney Infinity, will be getting a boost in the 2.0 Edition. Those upgrades will come in-game, Vignocchi said, and won't require buying a new set of figures. Players will be able to play with their existing collection, further level those characters up and unlock new abilities for them."

Then the comment, both games are getting more and more disappointing. If you don't like Infinity, then fine...but what basis do you have to say that a game that is expanding, enhancing, improving is getting more disappointing. My point is that if you are not a fan of the game, don't try to speak on behalf of actuals fans and the feedback that has been provided over the past 8 months.
---
55 out of 80 Skylanders -- Activate account = crocko33
#81 Posted: 21:25:41 01/05/2014
How is using a sidekick disc on any figure (not just iron man) , being able to upgrade their abilities, and switch over and actually control them a "downgraded version" of a skylanders sidekick that does nothing but run around on a screen? If you are referring to discs over physical figures, I agree that I like that better but given the entire framework of the two I'd give up the figure for a disc to do what it does in DI.

I wish people would be a little more objective, even if you don't buy/like DI it's a very good thing for Skylanders fans. It'll force them to get better to compete and not rest on their laurels and just churn out a same old/same old game with some new gimmick to just sell their 60+ new toys every year.

I like both franchises and will be getting both, I just like that DI is addressing it's weak points.
---
#82 Posted: 21:48:30 01/05/2014
You're misinterpreting. It's being sold by some as "taking risks by giving fans what they want" and they are not. Or that they have something better, and in reality it's just packaged differently, more expensive, and more limiting and then people are going gaga over it.

The games getting more disappointing because Infinity closes it's characters in "cells" from one another. You have to design your own level to play them in any combination you want, which is lazy IMO. They are providing little game with the initial game, which is something most complained about with Skylanders, but Disney is even worse. Now add to that as you are adding those play sets, many of the characters you enjoyed playing aren't getting new content to go through, instead you are forced to use the new characters. If you want the adventure packs but don't care for the Skylander on them (haven't touched Pop Thorn) you don't have to.

Preferring an Ultimate Alliance game to paying for each hero figure style game is not "illogical" as you are claiming my post is, it's preference. More game for less money. Play Ultimate Alliance One again and tell that's not a lot of game and a lot of characters for your buck. This is more ridiculous.

Skylanders relying on gimmicks and sticking with older systems holds them back. I'm sure there will be some fun stuff in Trap Team, and I'll get the game to get more miles on my investment. But instead of breaking away from their gimmicks and putting together a great game with a great story and improving the lore of the universe is a complete turn off. Eventually, they aren't gonna be able to program all these gimmicks into all these games and still give you a good game for your money. As my "logical" sig demonstrates, getting rid of heroic Challanges was smart, but they need to be replaced. I still enjoyed getting a level with each new figure I bought, increasing their value. Making them give you stats is what I didn't like, as it becomes to daunting to keep you characters on the same level for In-home PvP.

Mini-levels can be celled. The main levels shouldn't be. Since infinity seems to still be walling off their characters from each other, no thank you. They also are finding more ways to limit character use when they don't have a deep roster as is with "sidekicks". Not something I'm into. I'll stick to Kingdom Hearts and Ultimate Alliance.

Since Skylanders can't use gameplay innovation and differences in set-ups to sell the next game and instead needs figure gimmicks which eventually won't all be able to carry over or hold value in future installments, it's starting to wear on me.

Trap Team will be my last venture unless they really show that they care about game development. It's funny, people are glad they are "hanging on" to the old Wii, but that is part of why they aren't providing some sort of online play. They want to keep the games consistent (not saying they need to, but that is the preference otherwise companies might blacklist you as you didn't make an even product for all). Hanging onto the Wii actually puts points in the DI2 column as they are trying to move forward, not get held down by obsolete tech.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:55:13 01/05/2014 by Earth-Dragon
#83 Posted: 23:00:53 01/05/2014
How is using a sidekick disc on any figure (not just iron man) , being able to upgrade their abilities, and switch over and actually control them a "downgraded version" of a skylanders sidekick that does nothing but run around on a screen? If you are referring to discs over physical figures, I agree that I like that better but given the entire framework of the two I'd give up the figure for a disc to do what it does in DI.

I wish people would be a little more objective, even if you don't buy/like DI it's a very good thing for Skylanders fans. It'll force them to get better to compete and not rest on their laurels and just churn out a same old/same old game with some new gimmick to just sell their 60+ new toys every year.

I like both franchises and will be getting both, I just like that DI is addressing it's weak points.

I am being objective. Your the one hung up on terminology here. It doesn't matter what they call something. In "gamer" terminology, skylander sidekicks are "pets". It's not the same concept and not a good comparison.

Are you saying if you have a single disk, it works for ANY infinity character to produce a completely new character with completely different powers?

Please provide a link of exactly what sidekicks are and what they do.
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#84 Posted: 23:22:58 01/05/2014
DI has Marvel so yeah.
#85 Posted: 00:57:55 02/05/2014
Quote: somePerson
DI has Marvel so yeah.

Is it normal Marvel characters or those ugly childish chibi characters?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#86 Posted: 01:00:50 02/05/2014
DI has Marvel so yeah.

*cough*Spyro*cough*
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#87 Posted: 02:15:03 02/05/2014
You know what would be annoying

Skylanders 5: Disney Infinity 3.0.....
Game team up ready to kill us all

Sure hope this doesnt happen
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
#88 Posted: 02:48:22 02/05/2014
DI has Marvel so yeah.

*cough*Spyro*cough*

The thing is, Spyro already started out kinda that way, so we're kind of used to it by now. What we're not used to is the redesign. ...Well Genwunners aren't anyway. You could call me a Genwunner for Marvel, except I started following it way past "Genwun" and have been following it for a while. Really, I am not that hard to please, I just plain do not like Disney's version of the characters.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:48:57 02/05/2014 by MugoUrth
longsh0t Yellow Sparx Gems: 1293
#89 Posted: 05:05:20 02/05/2014

I like both franchises and will be getting both

Ditto
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
Darthfaker Green Sparx Gems: 464
#90 Posted: 15:43:23 02/05/2014
I will have both games on preorder for PS3 and 3DS. Both games have their good and bad points. Trying to say 1 is better than the other is pointless. You'll have 1 group (Skylanders) that loves the fact that there is a massive character list, more games, interchangeable pieces,and being able to play any character on almost every level. Than you have the other group (D.I.) that has a more well known character library, forward and backward compatibility, online updates, online multiplayer, and hidden in game abities (Disney Magic Band, Excalibur, and Lightsaber). The only way to say is 1 is better than the other is when 1 of them stops making the games. My wife,kids and I like both games and dislike each for different reasons. Appreciate the games for what they are ENTERTAINMENT.
talon4000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#91 Posted: 17:38:27 02/05/2014
I am impressed with the Disney Infinity 2.0 presentation, however I was also very excited for Disney Infinity 1.0, but didn't have the money to buy it, then played it at a friend's house and was very disapointed, because the characters uniqueness was one item and one pack, and if you changed abilities at all they lost at least half of what made them themself. These new upgrade trees may change that, but I'll wait until I see a lot of impressions before I jump in. If they make it so any character can play in any play set then that will be a different story, I would be interested in that (I know that the characters don't necessarily have the skills to succeed in the other playsets, maybe after you beat it you can play as other characters, with items to give them a chance maybe)
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#92 Posted: 18:15:13 02/05/2014
I'll stick with Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Since it has most of the Marvel characters without needing to buy the figures and the Gameplay seems pretty much the same.

Skylanders TT is my pick but I doubt ill be getting all the new figures this time. I HAVE ENOUGH!!!
Trigger Fizz Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#93 Posted: 19:08:08 02/05/2014
Being a huge Disney fan, you'd think I'd get Infinity...but no, I absolutely hate it. I played it at my friends house once...and the game itself pretty much sucks, or at least it's just not my type of game. What I really hate though, is the lack of actual DISNEY characters. Every character is either from a live action movie or a Pixar movie or something else, with the only characters from the Disney animated canon being Rapunzel, Wreck-it Ralph, Vanellope, Anna and Elsa. None of which even have play sets...

And with Marvel coming in, and probably Star Wars next, there's an even smaller chance of actual Disney characters getting in.
---
smilie NO POTIONS, NO GLORY! smilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#94 Posted: 19:11:26 02/05/2014
Quote: Trigger Fizz
Being a huge Disney fan, you'd think I'd get Infinity...but no, I absolutely hate it. I played it at my friends house once...and the game itself pretty much sucks, or at least it's just not my type of game. What I really hate though, is the lack of actual DISNEY characters. Every character is either from a live action movie or a Pixar movie or something else, with the only characters from the Disney animated canon being Rapunzel, Wreck-it Ralph, Vanellope, Anna and Elsa. None of which even have play sets...

And with Marvel coming in, and probably Star Wars next, there's an even smaller chance of actual Disney characters getting in.

My boy Stitch in gonna be in it. So is Merida (I know she is Pixar, but she's a good character, despite the movie not being great) and Maleficent.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#95 Posted: 19:18:44 02/05/2014
But will you be able to use those in any actual levels?

Infinity, for the most part, is an expensive sandbox. And that ultimately is my biggest complaint and hang up.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:34:08 02/05/2014 by Earth-Dragon
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#96 Posted: 21:03:44 02/05/2014
But will you be able to use those in any actual levels?

Infinity, for the most part, is an expensive sandbox. And that ultimately is my biggest complaint and hang up.

Yep...ton of good characters that are strapped to where you can use them. So much for using your imagination, or having TRUE freedom.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#97 Posted: 21:44:34 02/05/2014
I think that was why they made an effort to add games to the toy box like tower defense and dungeon crawl. So you'll be able to use your mashups in more action oriented ways.
---
#98 Posted: 15:27:18 03/05/2014
i feel like disney is the only one making progress. they added so much to their new game and even added some fan requested characters and took out what WASN'T selling well, activision is just making a game with stuff we've seen before and some fancy crystals. i think it might be time to pick a side.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#99 Posted: 15:51:25 03/05/2014
Still with Skylanders forever.
---
GoldenCamo Green Sparx Gems: 146
#100 Posted: 16:12:31 03/05/2014
Skylanders trumps DI a thousand times over.
---
https://www.youtube.com/channe...LwpvF3KB_FrPY8g <----- My Youtube!!!
SSA: 31/32 ; SG: 15/16 ; SSF: 21/32 ; STT: 0/X ; Total: 67/80+
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me