First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
No multiplayer
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#51 Posted: 17:56:27 04/05/2014
^Yeah, it would be great, but how would four player work? Almost kind of like SSB?
---
#hu
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#52 Posted: 18:17:46 04/05/2014
Quote: Rickorio
^Yeah, it would be great, but how would four player work? Almost kind of like SSB?

I think 4 player works on Disney I by letting 2 consoles work together or something. I would think swap force could do that or do similar to SSB thou I can see how getting everyone to stay close enough to do stuff could be a pain.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#53 Posted: 18:36:59 04/05/2014
Quote: Rickorio

I was thinking 1v1 for basic PvP, but like 8 maybe for stuff like Skygoals.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#54 Posted: 19:05:15 04/05/2014
Quote: GoldenCamo
Quote: GhostRoaster
^Unless something's changed, they aren't going to do blind bags.

I've had three helpings, and I have an upset stomach. Time to change the dietary intake. I was hoping Activision could help with that, but I guess I need to make the change. smilie

More of the same? It's not even fair to say that to Skylanders, each one retains the same great gameplay in areas with innovating in others. Stomach issues spawn from Mario, not Skylanders.

We have a story. It's broken up into chapters. It's all single threaded. The gimmick mechanic is fit within that construct. It is more of the same, outside of the "gimmick". The gimmick is not enough. Swap Force did at least introduce time attack and points mode, and swap zone challenges, but that was pretty much it. I'm hoping (really hard) that they spice up THIS mechanic. I'm sure everyone else is totally fine with it, so I'll just drop it...but I'm hoping they are doing more than just find a way to introduce more characters into content that would work just fine with 8 skylanders. They've already indicated that the content is the same as previous entries, so a bit of bad taste there.

Feel free to feel differently about it, but really nothing more for me to comment on until we know more--but this is all deja vu.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:07:40 04/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#55 Posted: 19:06:41 04/05/2014
Personally, I'd want 4 player gameplay as the priority over the online play.

I wanna have 2v2 PVP matches, I'd like Giants to get a sufficient boost to where they could take on two little guys at a time, 4 players running around in story mode.....there is a lot they could expand on.

Though I still think the OP needs to change the name of this thread as it is extremely misleading. I have to keep reminding myself I've been here already and they are just talking online.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Portal King Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#56 Posted: 00:57:27 07/05/2014
If they where to add online it would be a cool idea to put a group of 5 vs another group of 5 and play intill the last mans standing team wins.
---
You need superchargers gear in Toronto? I'm your guy.
Add me on the wii u (Mario200) see ya on the track!
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#57 Posted: 16:47:54 07/05/2014
Arena would be so much more fun and worthwhile if they could at least add online play for that. Online 4-player co-op would be rad as well.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#58 Posted: 21:06:10 07/05/2014
I don't really understand how any of this is suppose to work. So, online play with friends? Doesn't seem worth it to kids who don't have any online friends. Random match-ups? Which will lead to a rank system, in some attempt to make it fair. But it will struggle because of kids and parents that want to take turns, or whatever you hope you can do, online. Which will dramatically change the rank over time and one of them will likely get sick of it. I know I would get tired of one-sided matches.

Honestly, I have to side with TfB on their decision not to try online gameplay at this time. I just don't see a feature like this working with their goals in mind or keeping interests over a long period of time with kids and adults alike.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me