darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Small changes you want in Trap Team
Page 1 of 1
Small changes you want in Trap Team
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1 Posted: 00:00:32 27/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Here's mine:

Don't resize that hats. It makes hats that looked good in the previous game look bad in the next game (chef hat for Hot Dog).
Change Bouncers walking animation back to how it was in Giants.

You get the point. Any more small things that you think should be added into Skylanders: Trap Team?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2 Posted: 00:09:58 27/04/2014
Resize SOME hats. I like to have the Purple Fedora an Spyro, but it covers his whole head and it looks odd because of it.

Better graphics and gameplay.

S2 of some SSA characters (Sunburn, GR, Boomer, and Dino-Rang)
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#3 Posted: 01:08:11 27/04/2014
Eon's voice....
---
i am trash
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#4 Posted: 16:03:10 22/05/2014
Option to change the controller's settings. So if you prefer the SSA/Giants controller scheme, you use it (putting the jum on triangle), and if you get into the series on Swap Force, you use that controller scheme.

Option to turn off the Eon's advice. Seriously, "you need x element skylander.." all the time its not cool at all.

Return of the small stats bonus on the variants. Like armor and critical on legendaries.

Finally, that was one thing that really bugs me on swap force is the fact that the Series 3 reposes works as series 2 on giants. It kind of break the continuity. Whe I get a new character I like to take it to the first game (in wich it is playable) and train it through all the series. Like, i got Series 2 Camo, started with him in Spyro's Adventure, trained it untill level 10 and upgraded it to the max in one upgrade path, and did the available heroic challenges, then go to giants, where I trained it with the new heroic challenges, leveled it up to 15 and did his quests. Finally, now I am with him on Swap Force, upgraded his other upgrade path and he gained his wow pow. Now leveling him, and doing the Quests.
There is a sense of continuity, that kinda breaks when you learn a Wow Pow that vanishes and is replaced with another one in the next game. It also kinda turn the series 2 obsolete.
So, I really hope that if they do a series 4, they work like a series 1 in the previous games.
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#5 Posted: 16:36:50 22/05/2014
Option to turn off unnessicary dialogue/cutscenes (by which I mean the ones that aren't hiding some kind of loading) so that we don't have to skip them and can just completely avoid them when we replay the game
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#6 Posted: 18:52:30 22/05/2014
I'm still just dying for a bank of some kind in the hub. I've thought it would be useful ever since SSA. I get that gold is supposed to be earned by each individual figure, but once you buy all of the upgrades for that character, you don't really have much use for it. I'd love to be able to stockpile the excess gold from all of my figures in one place to make it easier to save up for stuff like hats and other extras.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#7 Posted: 21:02:25 22/05/2014
Most changes that would make the game great are small...
But I think my biggest thing would be damage scaling with level. As it stands, leveling only affects your health. I'd rather it also affect your damage like it traditionally does.
- Unreall
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#8 Posted: 23:38:41 22/05/2014
I think I speak for most people, even though it doesn't effect me in any way, but I'd really like to see online PVP. ...I don't know if that counts as small but yeah.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#9 Posted: 23:46:32 22/05/2014
1) NPC as a banker to allow rich Skylanders to deposit their gold as well as letting poor ones withdraw them.

2) All new Skylander figures, including Trap Masters, given the option of switching whichever upgrade paths they select.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 14:59:39 23/05/2014
Quote: Psychomancer
Option to change the controller's settings. So if you prefer the SSA/Giants controller scheme, you use it (putting the jum on triangle), and if you get into the series on Swap Force, you use that controller scheme.

Option to turn off the Eon's advice. Seriously, "you need x element skylander.." all the time its not cool at all.

Return of the small stats bonus on the variants. Like armor and critical on legendaries.

Finally, that was one thing that really bugs me on swap force is the fact that the Series 3 reposes works as series 2 on giants. It kind of break the continuity. Whe I get a new character I like to take it to the first game (in wich it is playable) and train it through all the series. Like, i got Series 2 Camo, started with him in Spyro's Adventure, trained it untill level 10 and upgraded it to the max in one upgrade path, and did the available heroic challenges, then go to giants, where I trained it with the new heroic challenges, leveled it up to 15 and did his quests. Finally, now I am with him on Swap Force, upgraded his other upgrade path and he gained his wow pow. Now leveling him, and doing the Quests.
There is a sense of continuity, that kinda breaks when you learn a Wow Pow that vanishes and is replaced with another one in the next game. It also kinda turn the series 2 obsolete.
So, I really hope that if they do a series 4, they work like a series 1 in the previous games.

I agree on the controller. There are some move combos on PS3 that requires two concurrent button presses ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE (like square and circle). Thank goodness for the triggers.
They used to give stat changes on legendaries. Not sure who dropped the ball on Swap Force.
On the last point...they are doing that for CONTINUITY...so if someone WANTED to play a character in the previous game they can. Unfortunately, games don't know about FUTURE UNKNOWN movesets, so it's kinda "it is what it is". Unfortunately yes you are absolutely correct your older characters become obsolete. I think they are going for the more friendlier option.

Banker option is null and void. All three games have rich places that can provide what you need. Every single one of my skylanders has the max gold...and it didn't take long at all.

AoA: YES! No dialog whatsoever. Make it a feature once you beat the game once.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:08:22 23/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
Shin Majin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#11 Posted: 16:36:26 23/05/2014
I'd really, really, REALLY like the skippable cutscenes and dialogue featured in SG. Really.
---
Team quadruped.
Joseph > Jotaro
hotboyinpcola Yellow Sparx Gems: 1303
#12 Posted: 16:48:25 23/05/2014
a level like in ssa and giants that u can get all ur chartecers maxed out in like 3 or 4 runs the wheels of luck, wealth, power, experience
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#13 Posted: 18:32:43 23/05/2014
@GhostRoaster No, that'd be a mistake. It should be there from the start, as if you want to start a new save file (or move to another console), you shouldn't be forced to watch everything again if you don't want to. That wouldn't be a massive issue, but it'd be convenient to have it from the start.
#14 Posted: 19:00:18 23/05/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
@GhostRoaster No, that'd be a mistake. It should be there from the start, as if you want to start a new save file (or move to another console), you shouldn't be forced to watch everything again if you don't want to. That wouldn't be a massive issue, but it'd be convenient to have it from the start.

I'm ok with either, really. What kills me is the hiding of the loading...we're both assuming they fixed that so that this feature will be worth a flip.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#15 Posted: 23:36:40 24/05/2014
Eons voice... Oh! and the ability to REMOVE a skylander from your collection too.

MOst of all... TO SKIP CUTSCENES!!!! Its so annyoying in swap force you have to wait to the very end to skip it...
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#16 Posted: 07:27:09 25/05/2014
I'd like a kind of "Free play" Option once you've finished a level. I was thinking that it would be a little different than the first time round - you know, extra areas and no cut scenes to deal with. The problem with this would be that things you didn't get the first time would have to still be there somehow. And, I'd hope that there would still be an option to play Story mode! smilie
#17 Posted: 16:13:58 25/05/2014
I'd like the game to support "You're out!" mode where any defeated figure can't return for the entire game/save file. Or "One and Only" challenges for story mode (only one character for each chapter/story mode), if they MUST not divert from the same old story mode format.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:15:11 25/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
Shin Majin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#18 Posted: 14:29:37 26/05/2014
I do agree they should do something to limit the number of characters you can use per stage. It just feels awkward plowing through nightmare mode through sheer tenacity, as opposed to actually learning to play well.
---
Team quadruped.
Joseph > Jotaro
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#19 Posted: 10:41:25 27/05/2014
They should add an XP bank so when I use max level characters I could save and give that XP to a different figure or an item that converts gold to xp or xp to gold.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#20 Posted: 21:44:06 28/05/2014
with a gold bank and exp bank there would be no reason to play new skylanders......... besides unlocking useless stuff
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#21 Posted: 23:55:49 28/05/2014
cheaper prices, less figures, let us skip screens with one button press...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:57:23 28/05/2014 by CountMoneyBone
#22 Posted: 00:01:24 29/05/2014
Quote: mantez
They should add an XP bank so when I use max level characters I could save and give that XP to a different figure or an item that converts gold to xp or xp to gold.

How about if they sell you a fully upgraded skylander for $5 more?
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#23 Posted: 00:42:07 29/05/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

now dont give activisions more ideas, they may read this forum....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#24 Posted: 03:54:37 29/05/2014
I'd like the game to support "You're out!" mode where any defeated figure can't return for the entire game/save file. Or "One and Only" challenges for story mode (only one character for each chapter/story mode), if they MUST not divert from the same old story mode format.

Play the game on Nightmare Mode, you will get the same results. Beyond that I can't see that possible as it still has to sell to kids to some degree.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
GB700 Green Sparx Gems: 475
#25 Posted: 08:06:52 29/05/2014
I want for the water skylanders to be able to swim like they did in Spyro's adventure.
---
SWAPS smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LC smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CORE smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#26 Posted: 12:41:16 29/05/2014
Quote: GB700
I want for the water skylanders to be able to swim like they did in Spyro's adventure.

YES!! I want this and also flying skylanders to be able to go over water and double trouble and stump smash soul gem to actually mean something
#27 Posted: 12:52:24 29/05/2014
Quote: Epic popthorn
Quote: GB700

YES!! I want this and also flying skylanders to be able to go over water and double trouble and stump smash soul gem to actually mean something

To extend this, it would be nice if levels have the ability for "alternate completions" using methods such as this--and provide reasons to have and use certain skylanders outside of the "zones".

Make zones more transparent. Do we really need a stupid sign signifying this? They didn't do this all of the time in Giants, and I appreciated that.
---
#28 Posted: 17:59:03 29/05/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

now dont give activisions more ideas, they may read this forum....

Well, I hear people want something for nothing...here's a way for them to extract more $$$...
---
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#29 Posted: 21:28:25 29/05/2014

I can fully upgrade a skylander for free in couple of minutes for so why would I want that.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:30:20 29/05/2014 by mantez
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#30 Posted: 14:21:55 13/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Why is this topic not closed; it's been more than a year.
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#31 Posted: 06:50:24 14/06/2015
I don't know, why didn't you close it?
I actually didn't noticed the date created until just now, lol
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me