darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Fella's, we've been jipped out of a figure!
Page 1 of 1
Fella's, we've been jipped out of a figure!
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#1 Posted: 21:59:05 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
The starter pack only comes with Crocodile Dundy and Captain Asparagus! We've been cheated out o our third lander! I call blasphemy!
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#2 Posted: 22:01:57 24/04/2014
But it comes with to traptanium crystals
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#3 Posted: 22:02:49 24/04/2014
Traps are $5. 2 traps come with the starter pack. 5 x 2= 10. One figure= 10.

10= 10, therefore 2 traps= 1 figure.
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#4 Posted: 22:06:11 24/04/2014
The Skybagel is correct
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5329
#5 Posted: 22:37:59 24/04/2014
Plus, those traps are good for 4 villains. So, we trade one figure in for 8 more playable characters. Not too bad.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
mastereon909 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1341
#6 Posted: 22:53:34 24/04/2014
It isnt actually confirmed if it holds 4 or 1 i doubt it will hold 4
---
Citizens of warfang... Congralutions you shall be the first to witness the resurection of the destroyer...and the end of the world-malefor the dark lord
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#7 Posted: 23:29:09 24/04/2014
There hasnt been any true confirmation of 4 villians per trap (unless im mistaken). and where did the $5 per trap come from? I thought that was just a guess....
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#8 Posted: 00:30:01 25/04/2014
No we get 2 characters and then get more in the game, kinda of like an unlock.
Haseo Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#9 Posted: 00:37:50 25/04/2014
If I remember correctly the Traps hold 1 villain and all villains you defeat are sent to a prison in the main hub where if you have the correct element trap you can switch it's currently trapped villain with another you have previously beaten so basically these keys give you access to ALL of the water and life element villains.

EDIT: Also does anyone else find it odd they'd give us villains that share the same typing with our two starter characters... maybe there making sure we can't open too many elemental games with out buying some more characters smilie
---
-something-
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:39:53 25/04/2014 by Haseo
RandomUser39 Green Sparx Gems: 131
#10 Posted: 00:59:00 25/04/2014
Quote: Haseo
If I remember correctly the Traps hold 1 villain and all villains you defeat are sent to a prison in the main hub where if you have the correct element trap you can switch it's currently trapped villain with another you have previously beaten so basically these keys give you access to ALL of the water and life element villains.

EDIT: Also does anyone else find it odd they'd give us villains that share the same typing with our two starter characters... maybe there making sure we can't open too many elemental games with out buying some more characters smilie

That sly Activision. smilie

But really, this is fine. Less buying for me.
---
The most random and inconsequential user this forum has to offer.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#11 Posted: 01:10:16 25/04/2014
Quote: alegeobla
There hasnt been any true confirmation of 4 villians per trap (unless im mistaken). and where did the $5 per trap come from? I thought that was just a guess....

^that - since when did we know this?
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#12 Posted: 02:18:59 25/04/2014

I would be surprised if the enemies allowed you to open any elemental gate, though it is possible that there would be an enemy gate and possibly even enemy elemental gates.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#13 Posted: 02:48:09 25/04/2014
Quote: AzureStarline
Quote: alegeobla

^that - since when did we know this?

Unless I'm mistaken, it was someone on here just making a guess as to what they would cost, and knowing this forum, that immediately makes it fact and everyone believes it
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#14 Posted: 07:19:54 25/04/2014
to Quote Haseo,
"If I remember correctly the Traps hold 1 villain and all villains you defeat are sent to a prison in the main hub where if you have the correct element trap you can switch it's currently trapped villain with another you have previously beaten so basically these keys give you access to ALL of the water and life element villains."

This is TOTALLY wrong. The villains are definitely stored ON the trap. They say you can take your trap to a friends house and play that villain, this wouldn't be possible if they villains were kept in the main hub.

I also remember hearing in a video that it's 4 villains per trap, but not sure if that was a Family Guesser TV quote or official. I have not seen any way to select which villain you pull out yet, but then again how would you have villains for each of the 2 players in multi-play if you can't have more than one per trap?

I am leaning towards believing the 4 per trap, but they are DEFINITELY on the trap itself.
#15 Posted: 07:48:18 25/04/2014
Ok, I just watched the "Reveal" video, it seems to be one villain per trap to me.

When you trap somebody you have to then REMOVE the trap from the portal to continue play. Inserting the trap again then puts them on screen as the playable character.

This definitely seems to be a 1 per 1 thing from the way it plays.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#16 Posted: 07:57:31 25/04/2014
From what I've heard (this could be false), there will be a 'Prison' in the hub that stores the villains you've captured and don't currently have stored in a crystal, so you can easily retrieve them without having to do a large portion of a level just to fight them again.

...it's kind of a crummy way to treat your new allies, though, just lockin' em right back up in a cell. I mean, sure, we've committed atrocities second only to those sheep are capable of, but come on, we're tryin' our best to help here.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:59:08 25/04/2014 by Wolfgang
#17 Posted: 08:02:24 25/04/2014
The "Prison" you see on the Portal is purely decoration for the speaker.

Enemies are in the Traps, that is all. And I am now sure it's 1 per trap.

Pull the trap, no enemy inside. Watch the reveal carefully and see how they handle being trapped and placed. After trapping they ALWAYS remove the trap to continue gameplay. When putting the trap BACK the enemy suddenly appears as if a figure was placed on the portal and you can then play them.

I see no way this would work with more than one enemy per trap, this fits in with selling craploads of traps for huge profit too.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#18 Posted: 19:41:31 25/04/2014
Quote: Pyrofer

Pull the trap, no enemy inside. Watch the reveal carefully and see how they handle being trapped and placed. After trapping they ALWAYS remove the trap to continue gameplay. When putting the trap BACK the enemy suddenly appears as if a figure was placed on the portal and you can then play them.

I see no way this would work with more than one enemy per trap, this fits in with selling craploads of traps for huge profit too.

except 1 per trap with 15 traps total doesnt fit into 15.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#19 Posted: 19:46:39 25/04/2014
Ok, I just watched the "Reveal" video, it seems to be one villain per trap to me.

When you trap somebody you have to then REMOVE the trap from the portal to continue play. Inserting the trap again then puts them on screen as the playable character.

This definitely seems to be a 1 per 1 thing from the way it plays.

you must not have been paying attention. you hit a button which switches between the characters. so you dont have to remove the crystal to use your chosen skylander. just hit a button and "tag" in the jailed character
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
blueruckus Green Sparx Gems: 419
#20 Posted: 20:04:46 25/04/2014
TT comes with a more complex portal.
#21 Posted: 20:21:01 25/04/2014
"you must not have been paying attention. you hit a button which switches between the characters. so you dont have to remove the crystal to use your chosen skylander. just hit a button and "tag" in the jailed character"

Nope, I saw that.

However, There was no way to pick "other" villains, when you put the crystal in, you get "the" villain on it.

Yes you can tag in/out while it's there but putting it down and taking it off work just like putting a figure down and taking it off.
Donatron Green Sparx Gems: 494
#22 Posted: 20:32:05 25/04/2014
I'd much rather have 2 traps than a repose.
---
Activate: Donatron | Xbox Live: The Donatron
SSA: 32/32 | SG: 16/16 | SSF: 28/32
#23 Posted: 20:35:26 25/04/2014
I would much rather have THREE traps than a re-pose...
#24 Posted: 20:43:14 25/04/2014
Quote: Wolfgang
From what I've heard (this could be false), there will be a 'Prison' in the hub that stores the villains you've captured and don't currently have stored in a crystal, so you can easily retrieve them without having to do a large portion of a level just to fight them again.

You mistook my words, I said Hub (as in, the part of the game world you stay in between levels, like Woodburrow), not Portal.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:46:51 25/04/2014 by Wolfgang
#25 Posted: 21:04:03 25/04/2014
Oh, maybe there is a way to move them in and out of the traps in the "home world hub" bit, but I doubt it.

They want to sell the traps. The traps are 99% profit for them.

If there are 40 or so enemies to capture, I bet they want to sell you 40 or so traps so you don't have to keep re-catching them.

Maybe we need a Skylanders Terms guide where we can define this stuff smilie "Hub" sounds like a good word for it. Does anybody know anything about this part of STT yet? We had the actual Skylands island, then Flynns ship and then Woodburrow. What do you think we get in STT?
oufanindallas Blue Sparx Gems: 907
#26 Posted: 21:06:28 25/04/2014

Each Crystal will hold 4 villains. Only one is playable and you will need to go back to the hub world to swap them out.

There will be 15 Crystals total and one will be Kaos specific.

This is from GameInformer

Crystals
If you want to play as all of the villains in the game, you'll need to insert the crystal that represents the villain's elemental type. Yes, this means you'll need to have at least eight crystals – two of which come packaged with the game. Activision has no plans to sell the other crystals in blind packs. The crystals will be sold separately, and Activision is also looking into other ways to get them into players' hands.

Villains
Will you need over 40 crystals to contain the 40-plus villain characters? No. Any villain that is captured can either be sucked up into the crystal for immediate play or retired to the prison located in the hub world. The player can visit this location to switch out villains.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:08:29 25/04/2014 by oufanindallas
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#27 Posted: 22:10:39 25/04/2014
There has been news that their will be more than 15 crystals.
#28 Posted: 22:41:57 25/04/2014
There have been multiple elements of the same design of trap seen (I think a water and earth Tiki, or something), so I've got the feelin' that there's a combination of each trap design and element, and the traps have special buffs or something for the villains based on what design they're in. That's just my speculation, though.
---
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#29 Posted: 22:51:54 25/04/2014
I never really know what to believe with some of this "news" from outside sources, but I would assume you would get two of each element. The trailer only showed 15, but it seemed so inconsistent with the traps. They didn't even show the start pack traps. Based on the colors with the start pack, I see:

Green = Life
Blue = Water
Purple = Magic
Amber = Earth
Red = Fire
Gray = Undead
Cyan = Air
Yellow = Tech
Clear/White = unknown
Off-White/Yellow: unknown/Tech?
and Solid Black: for Kaos

Going on this, it would suggest three life, two water, tech, magic and unknown clear, and one of everything else. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong or this has been brought up already, but they usually keep the games way more balanced than this. Anyway, that's my opinion.
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#30 Posted: 23:03:59 25/04/2014
I'm pretty sure I heard that there are 2 of each elemental trap. Each one looks different from the other, it lets kids choose which design they want for the element.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#31 Posted: 02:13:31 26/04/2014

I'm thinking 200%-300% profit in them.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#32 Posted: 11:40:47 26/04/2014
to Quote Haseo,
"If I remember correctly the Traps hold 1 villain and all villains you defeat are sent to a prison in the main hub where if you have the correct element trap you can switch it's currently trapped villain with another you have previously beaten so basically these keys give you access to ALL of the water and life element villains."

This is TOTALLY wrong. The villains are definitely stored ON the trap. They say you can take your trap to a friends house and play that villain, this wouldn't be possible if they villains were kept in the main hub.

I also remember hearing in a video that it's 4 villains per trap, but not sure if that was a Family Guesser TV quote or official. I have not seen any way to select which villain you pull out yet, but then again how would you have villains for each of the 2 players in multi-play if you can't have more than one per trap?

I am leaning towards believing the 4 per trap, but they are DEFINITELY on the trap itself.

You swap the villains in/out onto the trap itself in the main hub I beleive
---
Eggs
oufanindallas Blue Sparx Gems: 907
#33 Posted: 12:16:05 26/04/2014
Quote: jet-vac6000
to Quote Haseo,

You swap the villains in/out onto the trap itself in the main hub I beleive

You swap the villains in/out in the hub world. You will need to have the trap inserted into the portal for the villain(s).
#34 Posted: 12:21:59 26/04/2014
@Jet-vac6000, I think we are agreeing at cross-purposes so I will shut up now...

@GhostRoaster, yeah, what I meant was 99% of the retail price was profit with 1% cost but basically we agree. The traps are a huge cash cow even more so than the figures.
#35 Posted: 14:39:47 26/04/2014
So, on the traps...

Once defeated, the game save file will show the character in the digital prison if you don't have a crystal. If/when you get a crystal, you can "transfer him" to it.

You ONLY NEED as many crystals as villains you want to play--assuming there's at least one from each ELEMENTAL then that's at least 8. Technically 8 is the minimum to play with ALL OF THEM although you will be visiting the prison quite a bit.

Want more to be readily available without having to swap who is on the crystal? Buy more crystals.

Easy peasy. if you want simple access to all 40 villains without swapping them on the crystals, then buy 40 crystals. In my mind there's a point where keeping track of these crystals is a pain. I'm guessing the average player will have 2 elemental traps for a total of 16 or so and then keep their "favorites" there. If they feel adventurous they will swap them out.

By the way, this crystal thing SCREAMS for a way to identify who is on the portal. They should release stickers of the villains that you can place on the crystal. Wasn't the who point of toys to life is that I know who I'm playing? (I get they made up this BS to basically provide a cash cow of cheap items, but really...)
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 14:45:21 26/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#36 Posted: 15:03:25 26/04/2014 | Topic Creator
How are they gonna work the Kaos thing into this, unless this fully becomes a true "you MUST buy it to continue" kinda game? I mean, it's obvious the Kaos trap is only for Kaos, and the game comes with two traps that are not for Kaos, so how do you get the Kaos Trap???
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#37 Posted: 15:11:06 26/04/2014
Quote: hardcoreignitor
How are they gonna work the Kaos thing into this, unless this fully becomes a true "you MUST buy it to continue" kinda game? I mean, it's obvious the Kaos trap is only for Kaos, and the game comes with two traps that are not for Kaos, so how do you get the Kaos Trap???

It must be bequeathed to you with a Frito Lay promotion. smilie
---
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#38 Posted: 15:26:37 26/04/2014
oh no
SWARRM Red Sparx Gems: 25
#39 Posted: 15:33:14 26/04/2014
So we use to bring the toys to life, now we bring the plastic keys to life?
They got us good.
---
"Remember, the gimmick IS the game now." - smilie
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#40 Posted: 15:38:39 26/04/2014

I would guess the Kaos trap is either included as a surprise in the starter pack but they just haven't told us, or it's optional to trap him in game and the Kaos trap will be in wave 3 or 4 and be harder to find than Ninjini when she was first out. If the latter occurs, Activision will probably constantly post on their facebook things like, "Want this awesome Kaos trap that's only out in a few places? You know you want it..."
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#41 Posted: 15:39:09 26/04/2014
This is going to get confusing for kids to remember who is on each trap. I hope they release some storage for this crystals too.
blueruckus Green Sparx Gems: 419
#42 Posted: 08:35:01 27/04/2014
Quote: SlayerX11
This is going to get confusing for kids to remember who is on each trap. I hope they release some storage for this crystals too.

Wasn't there some sort of mention about... being able to see the villain in the trap? At one point I thought I heard that the villain was visible on the portal when the trap is in place but then during another video I believe there was mention of the character being visible on the trap itself.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#43 Posted: 08:40:31 27/04/2014

You don't have to trap a villain to continue the game, that was just for the sake of the demo they showed off. You can either trap them there and then or send them to "The Vault".
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#44 Posted: 15:31:52 27/04/2014
"you must not have been paying attention. you hit a button which switches between the characters. so you dont have to remove the crystal to use your chosen skylander. just hit a button and "tag" in the jailed character"

Nope, I saw that.

However, There was no way to pick "other" villains, when you put the crystal in, you get "the" villain on it.

Yes you can tag in/out while it's there but putting it down and taking it off work just like putting a figure down and taking it off.

Oh, maybe there is a way to move them in and out of the traps in the "home world hub" bit, but I doubt it.

If there are 40 or so enemies to capture, I bet they want to sell you 40 or so traps so you don't have to keep re-catching them.

Maybe we need a Skylanders Terms guide where we can define this stuff smilie "Hub" sounds like a good word for it. Does anybody know anything about this part of STT yet? We had the actual Skylands island, then Flynns ship and then Woodburrow. What do you think we get in STT?

What these people have been saying about villains being stored so you can select them, and only 1 per crystal is totally correct.

Skip to 3:00 in this video to hear it for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...pjuvrr1lQj19dFQ
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#45 Posted: 04:29:06 29/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

It must be bequeathed to you with a Frito Lay promotion. smilie

oh yes it will. quick to the chip aisle! time to stock up smilie

Also I believe the crystals will allow you to swap out villains to play with in the hub but allow only one on them at a time it seems that would be the easiest for them to work. I doubt four is going to fit on there to play with. You can capture 40, but the incentive is to have more readily available traps to host them on the fly. So in retrospect you can just get 8 element traps + kaos trap but you'll need to swap out more often to play with all 40
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:31:24 29/04/2014 by tigerdr
#46 Posted: 08:41:02 29/04/2014
@GameMaster78, "What these people have been saying about villains being stored so you can select them, and only 1 per crystal is totally correct."
Seems people miss-understood me, that is EXACTLY what I have been saying.
I have said fro the start the crystal holds 1 villain. People kept saying 4, but that is wrong.
If "captured" villains are in some kind of jail in the game and can be swapped in and out of a crystal is fine, I never argued that.

I did say that there would not be 4 on a crystal with a way to pick which one you want to use.
You put the crystal with 1 villain in it on the portal and that is what you play during the game.

I have no idea where this 4 keeps coming from?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me