darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > [EDIT] No blind packs planned for Skylanders Trap Team
Page 1 of 1
[EDIT] No blind packs planned for Skylanders Trap Team
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#1 Posted: 16:41:37 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
If anyone else has collected Disney Infinity power discs, or even LEGO minifigures, you'll know how loathsome the process of trying to get them all can be when dealing with blind packs.

Although I'm hoping for something like you get a unique trap with each unique Trapmaster (otherwise, what makes a Trapmaster a Trapmaster?), all that has been mentioned is that Traps will be sold separately.

EDIT: Thanks for people linking the gameinformer article stating blind packs are NOT planned for Traps.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:35:54 24/04/2014 by Dahvoo
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#2 Posted: 16:50:15 24/04/2014
I hate Blind Packs. Those are signs of money being wasted.
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#3 Posted: 16:54:19 24/04/2014
They do blind bags, an I'm gone. It's bad enough we're likely gonna need: 1 of each element, a giant, 1 of each swap ability wise, a trap master and 10+ traps to complete the game. They'll get enough money out of us just from what we need to complete it, blind bagging the traps would be money grubbing.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#4 Posted: 16:56:53 24/04/2014
A press article (don't remember the site) has confirmed there will be no blind bags.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 17:01:51 24/04/2014
Quote: wideawakewesley
A press article (don't remember the site) has confirmed there will be no blind bags.

It was one statement on one web site. I think it's healthy to remain skeptical until we see the rollout plan.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#6 Posted: 17:07:30 24/04/2014
Found it: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...-trap-team.aspx

Quote:
Crystals
If you want to play as all of the villains in the game, you'll need to insert the crystal that represents the villain's elemental type. Yes, this means you'll need to have at least eight crystals – two of which come packaged with the game. Activision has no plans to sell the other crystals in blind packs. The crystals will be sold separately, and Activision is also looking into other ways to get them into players' hands.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Natfire Gold Sparx Gems: 2192
#7 Posted: 17:08:10 24/04/2014
Quote: Natfire
It also seems as if we may not end up having to buy a plethora of blind bags to reach elusive crystals
Quote:
Activision has no plans to sell the other crystals in blind packs. The crystals will be sold separately, and Activision is also looking into other ways to get them into players' hands.

It came from here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...-trap-team.aspx

Edit: Ninja'd
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:22:01 24/04/2014 by Natfire
Donatron Green Sparx Gems: 494
#8 Posted: 17:13:23 24/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

It was one statement on one web site. I think it's healthy to remain skeptical until we see the rollout plan.

I would say 'reasonable' is a more appropriate word. I wouldn't say 'healthy' seeing as how many people on this site are giving themselves unnecessary anxiety over pure speculation. Seems to be a recurring theme around these parts. lol
---
Activate: Donatron | Xbox Live: The Donatron
SSA: 32/32 | SG: 16/16 | SSF: 28/32
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#9 Posted: 17:15:33 24/04/2014
Found it: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...-trap-team.aspx

Quote:
Crystals
If you want to play as all of the villains in the game, you'll need to insert the crystal that represents the villain's elemental type. Yes, this means you'll need to have at least eight crystals – two of which come packaged with the game. Activision has no plans to sell the other crystals in blind packs. The crystals will be sold separately, and Activision is also looking into other ways to get them into players' hands.

That's a very informative article, living up to the name I see.

3ds version has me worried...Not gonna be very portable if you have that gigantic trap attached to the portal. Hopefully they just skip all the fancy shmancy and just add a small hole for it and find a way to fit the speaker inside the rest of the normal 3ds portal.
---
Here we go again...!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 17:32:28 24/04/2014
Quote: Donatron

I would say 'reasonable' is a more appropriate word. I wouldn't say 'healthy' seeing as how many people on this site are giving themselves unnecessary anxiety over pure speculation. Seems to be a recurring theme around these parts. lol

I was thinking reasonable...that was funny. Yeah, the site usually buzzes around this time, and I'm part of the ecosystem lol.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#11 Posted: 17:40:05 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks to wideawakewesley and Natfire for posting the gameinformer article.

It also answered my other question about what makes a Trapmaster a Trapmaster:

Quote:
Trap Masters

No Skylanders game is complete without a new Skylander type for players to collect and play as. The Trap Masters fill this role. They stand in slightly taller than Swap Force figures, and all wield giant Traptanium weapons. Most of these weapons are comically sized. Snap Shot (pictured above) appears to be wielding a sword and a bow. That sword is actually an arrow. Trap Masters are the only Skylander type that can unearth hidden Traptanium shards, and enter Traptanium zones that could house hidden villains. It is unknown if specific elemental types are needed.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#12 Posted: 17:43:16 24/04/2014
Quote: Donatron

Ha ha...Guilty as charged. If it makes you feel better, I rarely stress over recreational things like this for myself...but for my kids it is a different story. Just always tryin' to nail that next perfect gift. Skylanders has been there for me these past 2+ years. Makes my life easier, but it is expensive and for hundreds of dollars invested, I'm willing to do some diligence beforehand. Plus this is fun for me too.
---
Here we go again...!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me