darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Returning Skylanders for Series 2, 3, and 4
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Returning Skylanders for Series 2, 3, and 4
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#51 Posted: 01:29:07 28/04/2014
Even though Stealth Elf was my first skylander, even before I got the game, and I love her dearly, I don't want her to get a repose. I want other characters to have a chance to come back.
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#52 Posted: 08:45:23 28/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Earth-Dragon
Quote: mantez
They need to stop reposing figures all together.

Disagree. You are looking at this from strictly a "I have the older games" position. They have to let people have a jumping on point, and packaging "new" figures with old figures would be bad for all. Better to have a slightly modified version.

There are ways around most of the reposes. Just gotta use them.

And with wow pows, if like to see them repose all the older figs. Light core is the nonsense I could personally do without, and will probably skip all lightcore figs that don't look amazing this next round.

Between eBay and the the fact that MANY Giants and SSA figures are widely available at retail and I'm still scratching my head why reposes are needed. Sure, it's their franchise. But I'm pretty sure if we saw a chart of sales on the reposes they would be going down down down. Stands to reason since quantities of reposes were SEVERELY constrained...they know the gig is up.

So I should be forced to pay $100 for a boomer or Ghost roaster if I didn't start my collection 2 1/2 years ago? Screw that noise. Repose those guys.

Activision can do a better job on rotation and marketing research and not just go with "bob's" favorites, but it's selfish of the vets who have all the old ones to demand they be cut out reposes all together just so they only have to buy the 32 newly introduced characters. You can do that anyway. That's your call. And they didn't even include a repose in the starter this time.

My complaint is stop reposing all the same guys. It's the reposes and re-releases that plummet the after market value, which is fine. Activision is actually leaving a lot of money on the table by not kicking out the figures from the first game they haven't reposed yet. I'm not sure we'll get Voodood or Dino-rang, as evidenced by another batch of those Series 1s getting re-released a bit back. I don't think that has happened for Boomer.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Cooltonium Blue Sparx Gems: 605
#53 Posted: 13:30:34 29/04/2014
My guess

Tech: Countdown and Trigger Happy
Magic: Spyro and Voodood
Water: Gill Grunt and Riptide
Fire: Eruptor and Smolderdash
Life: Stealth Elf and Shroomboom
Undead: Roller Brawl and Ghost Roaster
Air: Jet-Vac and Scratch
Earth: Slobber Tooth and Terrafin
---
buy dangerous woman on itunes
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#54 Posted: 14:12:32 29/04/2014
So I should be forced to pay $100 for a boomer or Ghost roaster if I didn't start my collection 2 1/2 years ago? Screw that noise. Repose those guys.

Activision can do a better job on rotation and marketing research and not just go with "bob's" favorites, but it's selfish of the vets who have all the old ones to demand they be cut out reposes all together just so they only have to buy the 32 newly introduced characters. You can do that anyway. That's your call. And they didn't even include a repose in the starter this time.

My complaint is stop reposing all the same guys. It's the reposes and re-releases that plummet the after market value, which is fine. Activision is actually leaving a lot of money on the table by not kicking out the figures from the first game they haven't reposed yet. I'm not sure we'll get Voodood or Dino-rang, as evidenced by another batch of those Series 1s getting re-released a bit back. I don't think that has happened for Boomer.

And it is reasonable to expect them to keep people that joined the franchise two and a half years late to be kept completely up to date? Screw THAT noise. I'm sorry, but if you joined the franchise late, you missed some stuff.

If they spend their time making a new figure, then old and new fans to the franchise get something new to play.

If they spend their time making an old figure, yet again, then just the new fans get something new to play.

They repose because it allows them to create a new figure to sell with minor new character creation effort. They add a new leveled up skin, a new Wow Pow, design the figure and BOOM another $10 figure. They need to spend that time and effort designing NEW figures, sure you would get less NEW figures in the same time as doing a new Series of OLD ones - but they are something EVERYONE can enjoy. And if the shelves are anything to judge, it'll be the reposes that eventually kill the franchise - just look at the number of idle triple packs and reposed figures that simply are not selling.

Shelf glut is far more dangerous to the franchise than new fans not getting every single thing they want.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#55 Posted: 15:15:42 29/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Disagree. You are looking at this from strictly a "I have the older games" position. They have to let people have a jumping on point, and packaging "new" figures with old figures would be bad for all. Better to have a slightly modified version.

There are ways around most of the reposes. Just gotta use them.

And with wow pows, if like to see them repose all the older figs. Light core is the nonsense I could personally do without, and will probably skip all lightcore figs that don't look amazing this next round.

Between eBay and the the fact that MANY Giants and SSA figures are widely available at retail and I'm still scratching my head why reposes are needed. Sure, it's their franchise. But I'm pretty sure if we saw a chart of sales on the reposes they would be going down down down. Stands to reason since quantities of reposes were SEVERELY constrained...they know the gig is up.

I got both of those figures for five buck, plus the market for them has gone down so you should be able to find them much cheaper onlie than that.

Also, I can just imagine people like Tel going on about "Stop wishing for Forgotten 5 and expect the damn generic ones no one wants," and other fun-spoiling comments. ...It's kind of already happening.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:20:01 29/04/2014 by MugoUrth
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#56 Posted: 16:47:28 29/04/2014
[quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=101298&post=5076354]defpally[/url]][quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=101298&post=5074580]Earth-Dragon[/url]]So I should be forced to pay $100 for a boomer or Ghost roaster if I didn't start my collection 2 1/2 years ago? Screw that noise. Repose those guys.

My complaint is stop reposing all the same guys. It's the reposes and re-releases that plummet the after market value, which is fine. Activision is actually leaving a lot of money on the table by not kicking out the figures from the first game they haven't reposed yet. I'm not sure we'll get Voodood or Dino-rang, as evidenced by another batch of those Series 1s getting re-released a bit back. I don't think that has happened for Boomer.[/quote]

And it is reasonable to expect them to keep people that joined the franchise two and a half years late to be kept completely up to date? Screw THAT noise. I'm sorry, but if you joined the franchise late, you missed some stuff.

If they spend their time making a new figure, then [i]old and new fans[/i] to the franchise get something new to play.

If they spend their time making an old figure, yet again, then [i]just the new fans[/i] get something new to play.

They repose because it allows them to create a new figure to sell with minor new character creation effort. They add a new leveled up skin, a new Wow Pow, design the figure and BOOM another $10 figure. They need to spend that time and effort designing NEW figures, sure you would get less NEW figures in the same time as doing a new Series of OLD ones - but they are something EVERYONE can enjoy. And if the shelves are anything to judge, it'll be the reposes that eventually kill the franchise - just look at the number of idle triple packs and reposed figures that simply are not selling.

Shelf glut is far more dangerous to the franchise than new fans not getting every single thing they want.[/quote]

The problem is your side of the argument is already weakened. You don't have to buy the re-release. If the price the figures spiral up again, the new guy has no options.

Not reposing because some are completionists and feel an obligation to buy is a stupid reason to not make a better looking figure (Terrafin comes to mind as poor Series 1 figure). Many of the reposes even look better then their originals. If the figures look better I buy them. If they don't, I leave them. It doesn't modify the $10 price tag of the new figures in any way shape or form.

You're also not going to get 60 brand new characters. Instead, without reposes, you'd just get the 16-32 new figures and that would be that. You just end up losing options not gaining by not reposing. It's the in-game development that slows down the process and building new characters from scratch and their concepts and all that Jazz (the other reason the Villians aren't fully functional characters.....development time).
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:14:26 29/04/2014 by Earth-Dragon
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#57 Posted: 20:27:01 29/04/2014
Um...hi :3

I just like the dragon types really...so I'd like to see Zap, Camo, Flashwing

And hopefully Scratch and a few other cute ones ^w^;;
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#58 Posted: 00:07:39 03/05/2014
Magic: spyro, double trouble, Voodood
Air: POPTHORN, scratch, Whirlwind
Fire: smolderdash, Fryno, Sunburn
Undead: Cynder, Fright Rider, RollerBrawl
Water: Gill Grunt, Punk Shock, Wham Shell
Life: ShroomBoom, Camo, Zoo Lou
Earth: Dino Rang, Terrafin, FlashWing
Techsmilierobot, Wind Up, Countdown

These are my hopes for reposes
FreezeBlade98 Blue Sparx Gems: 938
#59 Posted: 06:59:03 03/05/2014
I really want these to return:
Water: Punk Shock, Chill, Zap
Undead: Chop Chop, Roller Brawl, Cynder
Tech: Wind Up, Trigger Happy, Drobot
Life: Stealth Elf, Zoo Lou, Camo
Air: Scratch, Sonic Boom, Jet Vac
Earth: Prism Break, Scorp, Flashwing
Fire: Smolderdash, Hot Dog, Sunburn
Magic: Spyro, Dune Bug, Star Strike
---
Best Trap Masters: smilie smilie smilie
Best villains: smilie smilie Tae Cwan Crow
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#60 Posted: 12:40:08 03/05/2014
I hope Ghost Roaster and Sunburn get a repose . No light core just a normal single pack repose . They were hard enough to purchase the first time around . People could do something about Terrafin and Slambam when Giants was released .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
iceblade2488 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1070
#61 Posted: 12:59:36 03/05/2014
plz lightningrod.
---
Just a fool driven by nostolgia
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#62 Posted: 15:04:12 03/05/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
I hope Ghost Roaster and Sunburn get a repose . No light core just a normal single pack repose . They were hard enough to purchase the first time around . People could do something about Terrafin and Slambam when Giants was released .

Their logical decision making has short circuited. As much as this makes sense, I bet one or both won't get a repose.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#63 Posted: 00:05:07 04/05/2014
I can see a Sunburn Repose being a possibility. But Ghost Roaster just seems too unlikely to me.
Shin Majin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#64 Posted: 02:55:10 04/05/2014
Am I the only one who would like S2 giants or swappables? I mean, it's not gonna happen, but it's something different to wish for, right?

I also really don't see the point in reposing Zap, Prism Break, etc. I mean, once you have the path switching and wow pow of S2, what more do you really need? I'm more interested in seeing the likes of S2 Voodood or Sunburn.
---
Team quadruped.
Joseph > Jotaro
GoldenCamo Green Sparx Gems: 146
#65 Posted: 12:43:22 04/05/2014
Reformed predictions:
Magic - smilie smilie smilie
Earth - smilie smilie smilie
Water - smilie smilie smilie
Fire - smilie smilie smilie
Tech - smilie smilie smilie
Undead - smilie smilie smilie
Air - smilie smilie smilie
Life - smilie smilie smilie
---
https://www.youtube.com/channe...LwpvF3KB_FrPY8g <----- My Youtube!!!
SSA: 31/32 ; SG: 15/16 ; SSF: 21/32 ; STT: 0/X ; Total: 67/80+
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:12:29 04/05/2014 by GoldenCamo
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#66 Posted: 13:09:35 04/05/2014
Judging on who was in the trailer I am gonna say Jet-Vac, Pop Fizz, Eruptor, and Trigger Happy.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:10:49 04/05/2014 by somePerson
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#67 Posted: 13:14:55 04/05/2014
Magic smilie smilie smilie
Tech smilie smilie smilie
Water smilie smilie smilie
Fire smilie smilie smilie
Undead smilie, smilie, smilie
Earth smilie smilie smilie
Life smilie smilie smilie
Air smilie smilie smilie
---
#68 Posted: 13:39:11 04/05/2014
Quote: somePerson
Judging on who was in the trailer I am gonna say Jet-Vac, Pop Fizz, Eruptor, and Trigger Happy.

So, the ones no one wants, in other words? That's what we have to expect?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#69 Posted: 13:52:18 04/05/2014
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: somePerson

So, the ones no one wants, in other words? That's what we have to expect?

PandaPnther ALWAYS used them. Look at every trailer made by them. Slam Bam, Jet-Vac, Pop Fizz, Terra Fin, Triggs, and Eruptor. The never use Spyro, Gill or anyone else. I'm not sure why, I'm assuming they have the models. Disappoints me SO damn much.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
BlazeHeatnix28 Blue Sparx Gems: 911
#70 Posted: 14:34:06 04/05/2014
All I can say is I want Sunburn to be reposed! It's been way too freaking long and their choices for reposes are pretty lackluster. I don't want another bloody Cynder or Stealth Elf. I especially don't want Shroompoop coming back, but it looks like he will be. All I want is the forgotten 7 to make a triumphant return.
---
Awesome Shadow The Hedgehog & Ahsoka Tano avatar by the equally awesome Ace Archdragon!!!!
"I can handle anything."-Ahsoka Tano (SW TCW Ssn.3 Ep.21)
GoldenCamo Green Sparx Gems: 146
#71 Posted: 15:12:58 04/05/2014
Quote: BlazeHeatnix28
All I can say is I want Sunburn to be reposed! It's been way too freaking long and their choices for reposes are pretty lackluster. I don't want another bloody Cynder or Stealth Elf. I especially don't want Shroompoop coming back, but it looks like he will be. All I want is the forgotten 7 to make a triumphant return.

Sunburn is a must at this point.
---
https://www.youtube.com/channe...LwpvF3KB_FrPY8g <----- My Youtube!!!
SSA: 31/32 ; SG: 15/16 ; SSF: 21/32 ; STT: 0/X ; Total: 67/80+
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#72 Posted: 18:24:59 04/05/2014
Quote: Mesuxelf
Even though Stealth Elf was my first skylander, even before I got the game, and I love her dearly, I don't want her to get a repose. I want other characters to have a chance to come back.

I agree, I started giants just after xmas that yr it came out. My son got the game for xmas from his aunt and i bought a figure to play with him, my first figure was Leg. Stealth Elf.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me