Page 1 of 1
2 new elements
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#1 Posted: 15:56:44 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
seeing as there is 40 enemies to catch this means that if 1 catches 4 villians in one then there will be one key of each element and then two new elements maybe kaos and eon keys will be a new element there holding something big back
---
"Taking Charge"
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 16:19:47 24/04/2014
Of course they are. They aren't going to spill all of the beans at once.

IMO, it's setting up for a game in which we CAN get villain figures.

We already have a thread for this. Please close.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=101281
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:21:41 24/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#3 Posted: 16:22:26 24/04/2014
IF one crystal can catch 4 villains.... how do you decide which one you are playing as?

[User Posted Image]
---
i am trash
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#4 Posted: 16:26:25 24/04/2014
You don't. No one has provided links saying you can store 4 on the figure. When you view the demo, it's simple button press...so in my mind only one is on the crystal. You simply go to the hub and switch em out on the figure when you need it--or---if Activision has their way...you'll have one crystal for every villain.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#5 Posted: 16:26:43 24/04/2014
They keep saying OVER 40 enemies. So I'm guessing 49. 48 / 8 = 6 per element, plus Kaos. (or 41)
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#6 Posted: 16:52:49 24/04/2014
While maybe not 4 villains per crystal, it has been said you can use one crystal to trap more than one enemy. Maybe only one villain is saved on a crystal at a time and if you capture a different villain, the previous villain gets overridden. This is a scary thought because people that want every villain captured and ready to use would need multiple crystals of each element/variety...

As for the black/Kaos crystal, it doesn't necessarily have to be a new element, just a unique key to capture perhaps the main bosses like Kaos and others like Glumshanks, Kaos's mom, etc.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#7 Posted: 17:12:38 24/04/2014
Quote: Dahvoo
While maybe not 4 villains per crystal, it has been said you can use one crystal to trap more than one enemy. Maybe only one villain is saved on a crystal at a time and if you capture a different villain, the previous villain gets overridden. This is a scary thought because people that want every villain captured and ready to use would need multiple crystals of each element/variety...

As for the black/Kaos crystal, it doesn't necessarily have to be a new element, just a unique key to capture perhaps the main bosses like Kaos and others like Glumshanks, Kaos's mom, etc.

or maybe if a villain is already captured on a crystal and you use it, the 2nd villain goes straight to the prison that is apparently part of the hub.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#8 Posted: 17:30:33 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
V that is actually a really good idea hope they do that so much simpler
---
"Taking Charge"
#9 Posted: 17:31:16 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
you can probably go to the hub and switch the crystals to different villians somehow so your ready with your best villians
---
"Taking Charge"
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#10 Posted: 18:22:17 24/04/2014
It'll either be an option in the Hub, or they might reassign the D-Pad to switch between trapped villains. I'm betting on the former, hoping on the latter.
oufanindallas Blue Sparx Gems: 907
#11 Posted: 18:32:07 24/04/2014
From GameInformer
Villains
Will you need over 40 crystals to contain the 40-plus villain characters? No. Any villain that is captured can either be sucked up into the crystal for immediate play or retired to the prison located in the hub world. The player can visit this location to switch out villains.
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#12 Posted: 18:56:56 24/04/2014
Quote: oufanindallas
From GameInformer
Villains
Will you need over 40 crystals to contain the 40-plus villain characters? No. Any villain that is captured can either be sucked up into the crystal for immediate play or retired to the prison located in the hub world. The player can visit this location to switch out villains.

I was just about to come here to edit my post with that, but you beat me to it. Honestly, it's not a bad move, and it reduces the amount of crystals we need to get all of the baddies.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#13 Posted: 19:04:04 24/04/2014
Quote: oufanindallas
From GameInformer
Villains

And, presumably, if you don't have a Trap of the correct element you can store a villain in the prison and load them onto a Trap when you do have the correct element.
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#14 Posted: 19:28:36 24/04/2014
I imagine capturing guys is how you end/beat stages. You may need to get a wide variety of crystals however to be able to play everyone.

Though if we are capturing Kaos, this is gonna hurt they're ability to do sequels.

I was hoping hoping they'd go back and redo at least the first game to make it to where it would receive updates to play all the new Skylanders that come out, but not at the expense of getting no new Skylanders.

All in all. A bit disappointed. Not sure if I'm even gonna buy this game.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#15 Posted: 19:41:14 24/04/2014
Quote: bionicle2809
And, presumably, if you don't have a Trap of the correct element you can store a villain in the prison and load them onto a Trap when you do have the correct element.

Yup, so then you'll need to go back to access certain areas that only certain Villain can access.

Quote: Earth-Dragon
Though if we are capturing Kaos, this is gonna hurt they're ability to do sequels.

Not necessarily. Context wise, they could do anything they want, especially since it seems like plot lines don't carry over from previous games (How did Kaos and Glumshanks get un-Swapped?) They could also say that "oh, the Portal Masters returned all the Villains to the Prision".

Likely, they just wont even mention it.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#16 Posted: 20:00:29 24/04/2014
Quote: spyroflame0487
Not necessarily. Context wise, they could do anything they want, especially since it seems like plot lines don't carry over from previous games (How did Kaos and Glumshanks get un-Swapped?) They could also say that "oh, the Portal Masters returned all the Villains to the Prision".

Likely, they just wont even mention it.

They could like... Willingly swap back. Like the decision for the Swap Force characters to swap.
#17 Posted: 20:13:10 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
i might collect all the crystal variants the 8 you need and the others just to complete my collection
---
"Taking Charge"
thunder1648 Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#18 Posted: 20:15:27 24/04/2014
Just because you make chaos good doesn't mean he can't find a way to become evil again. I mean the trap is what is suppose to make them good so in theory he could find a way to reverse that or even break out of the trap. This could introduce another bad guy that breaks chaos out at the end of the game. there is so many ways they can take this.
vayurocks Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#19 Posted: 20:33:54 24/04/2014
I'm betting that Kaos gets cloned.
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#20 Posted: 21:03:42 24/04/2014
I don't really like the idea of the crystals... how are you supposed to look at your trap collection and figure out which villain is in which trap? I don't have that memorization... I can see if they have a load trap it would be easy, but just a color...
crocko33 Blue Sparx Gems: 685
#21 Posted: 12:15:11 25/04/2014
For most players, it'll become memory recognition.

Only a few weeks into the game, I knew the name of any character from the first 3 games when I saw one. Give me another month/two, I can almost perfectly spout off every character from each element from memory.

The villains you trap/start playing with -- you will begin to relate them to a certain trap you have it and boom, you'll just know that this trap can use x, y, b, and z villains. Where's Shrednaught? Oh yeah, blah-blah trap.
---
55 out of 80 Skylanders -- Activate account = crocko33
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me