Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#1 Posted: 09:57:08 24/04/2014 | Topic Creator
My reaction when I saw Skylanders Trap Team Trailer:

What was yours? smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#2 Posted: 10:38:43 24/04/2014
Disappointment. They're wasting the chance to sell me full-blown figures of all of these various characters.
scratchking22 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#3 Posted: 10:41:33 24/04/2014
Bewilderment, it's all the most complex they've ever been.
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
Blazier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1711
#4 Posted: 10:46:40 24/04/2014
[User Posted Image]
Yep, amazing
---
BLAZIER APPROVED
talon4000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 11:22:50 24/04/2014
excited, but concerned about if the traps will be useful in later games
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#6 Posted: 11:26:44 24/04/2014
[User Posted Image]

In other words, much more positive than when I saw Swap Force.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#7 Posted: 11:39:15 24/04/2014
I squelled and I'm a guy so yeah...
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#8 Posted: 11:39:49 24/04/2014
[User Posted Image]

My wallet has barely recovered from the last go round.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#9 Posted: 13:13:16 24/04/2014
Initial was disappointment. Thinking it through, I realised that this is going to be the cheapest Skylanders game - assuming that one Trap Master can access every Traptanium Zone. Let's say you need one Trap of each element and then the unique ones (like the Kaos one) and they'll probably be around £5 each.

Presumably, when you store a villain on a trap you can replace it with another villain so you can reuse the same set of traps on every villain in the game.

With all this, you need just the game and a trap of each element plus unique traps. If you've already got a sizable collection of Skylanders (as I do) then you'll probably have no problem going through the game with just 2 red base characters and then a selection of over 40 villains.

Thanks TFB!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 13:52:01 24/04/2014
Nice gimmick...dont like the idea of buying crystals...I'd have preferred to actually buy villain toys. Don't know about the actual game yet....and the more they hide...the less enthused I become. Need more data.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#11 Posted: 14:07:31 24/04/2014
[User Posted Image]

As of now, my feelings about Trap Team are still TychoGabeSquee. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:08:07 24/04/2014 by Arc of Archives
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#12 Posted: 14:10:52 24/04/2014
My kid's reaction was worth the price of admission. He woke up this morning and the first words he said were "I want to buy Skylanders Trap Team."

My personal opinion is that I was more "wowed" by the Swap Force reveal...however, the magic is still present with this upcoming game and I know already my kid will love it. Only real issues are hunting/cost (but when wasn't that an issue?)-especially with these traps as I have not been impressed with what I've seen out of Infinity and their power discs...and a little less major but still annoying is that there is another new portal. However, I'll be over that last part so long as that portal can be used for all 4 games with full backwards compatibility, but haven't heard word on that yet.
---
Here we go again...!
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#13 Posted: 14:34:44 24/04/2014
The concept is cool but it's not as customizable as it seemed when it looked like the weapons could be swapped.

So it appears you can only use one crystal at a time, which kind of stinks if player 2 wants to use a different one, and that is assuming that both player 1 and 2 could actually use a villain at the same time.

My key questions are:
-Online multiplayer?
-Open World?
-Return of Heroics or equivalent
-Adventure packs or DLC?
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#14 Posted: 14:38:31 24/04/2014
Quote: Zylek
The concept is cool but it's not as customizable as it seemed when it looked like the weapons could be swapped.

So it appears you can only use one crystal at a time, which kind of stinks if player 2 wants to use a different one, and that is assuming that both player 1 and 2 could actually use a villain at the same time.

My key questions are:
-Online multiplayer?
-Open World?
-Adventure packs or DLC?

Come back in June/July. I suspect that's when they'll open up a bit more. Skylanderboyandgirl asked all of those questions and got no answers. Based on something he said though suggests finite levels are still present, so that suggests to me that this is NOT open world. He mentioned that some completion stars are based off finding and trapping villains in a given "level". Sigh. The good news though is that some of the puzzles will PREVENT full completion on some levels until you've unlocked some content/villains in FUTURE levels, so that's a small plus for replayability, I guess.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 14:46:24 24/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
#15 Posted: 14:41:48 24/04/2014
^ Well it could be like the open world format of the Lego games where you enter a given "level" at a certain location in the open world.
---
#16 Posted: 14:43:55 24/04/2014
That's true. For me, the illusion of open world is not a menu from which to select a level...it should naturally flow from the world in which we operate. SSA did that for the most part (but it was always a fixed location), although the levels were also selectable. They mentioned the Trap Masters could unlock additional "areas" with their weapons so I guess we'll see. I'd like to see more capability to select WHERE you go. We need to find out through exploration where we need to go and do things in a given order to master the game. Part of that is having enough rope to get lost for a while to figure it out.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:47:39 24/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#17 Posted: 14:47:43 24/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Zylek

My key questions are:
-Online multiplayer?
-Open World?
-Adventure packs or DLC?

Come back in June/July. I suspect that's when they'll open up a bit more. Skylanderboyandgirl asked all of those questions and got no answers. Based on something he said though suggests finite levels are still present, so that suggests to me that this is NOT open world. He mentioned that some completion stars are based off finding and trapping villains in a given "level". Sigh. The good news though is that some of the puzzles will PREVENT full completion on some levels until you've unlocked some content/villains in FUTURE levels, so that's a small plus for replayability, I guess.

There's still gotta be something to do with those traps that were attached to the arms of the Wallop and Wildfire toys in the leak photo earlier in the day yesterday...
---
Here we go again...!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:48:12 24/04/2014 by Skylanders Dad
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#18 Posted: 15:16:45 24/04/2014
A resounding "meh". I hope everyone else enjoys it and I will possibly buy a figure or two, but my interest in this one is nil (somehow even less than my interest in Swap Force). Skylanders is a great franchise, but it's a bit too fiddly to be fun to play and I'm considering giving my copies of Spyro's Adventure and Giants to my friend's kids and just keeping the figures I really like.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#19 Posted: 15:25:12 24/04/2014
I blogged my full reaction & thoughts. Overall, I'm encouraged. Some of the new Skylanders make me groan, but at least a couple look promising. I'm devastated that I won't be able to get a full figure of Wolf Gang :<
http://www.notcontentyet.com/2...skylanders.html
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#20 Posted: 15:30:39 24/04/2014
Letting the dust settle, but for now kinda just shrugging. Having to get yet another new portal is irksome at best, it's a stupid excuse and comes after we were told that wouldn't need to be the case. While the concept is neat it is a bit disturbing too. Long time villains like the Chompy Mage suddenly brainwashed into good guys just because you capture them? That's...a little messed up.

I'll pick the game up probably, dig a little to see who's hidden in there so I know just how bad a hit to my wallet "catching 'em all' will be, and roll from there. But other than undeads that haven't been reposed before I'm not touching s2's/3's/etc with a ten foot pole.

With that said too am I the only one a little miffed at how to really store those traps? I put my figures on a shelf but because of those points and odd shapes, this should be interesting to see how that gets pulled off.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:34:34 24/04/2014 by Kung Fu Man
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#21 Posted: 15:34:02 24/04/2014
When I saw it, I died.
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
#22 Posted: 15:34:31 24/04/2014
YAY, Series 4 Gill Grunt! You can never have enough of him, why would we want a Series 2 Whamshell when we can have a Series 4 Gill Grunt? I guess we can just write in Eruptor, Stealth Elf, Cynder, Chop Chop, Trigger Happy and Terrafin as all getting Series 4 versions.
---
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#23 Posted: 15:36:20 24/04/2014
Don't forget S4 Prism Break and Whirlwind too. smilie You can NEVER have enough of them, can you?
#24 Posted: 15:40:59 24/04/2014
Never! smilie
---
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#25 Posted: 15:44:07 24/04/2014
Initially a little dissapointed, and here is why:
Not interested in in playing as villians.
Other than the aesthtic of the weapons, trapmasters are really only slightly larger corelanders. Their uniqueness won't likely translate into future games like Giants and Swappers will.
I have a feeling the portal speaker will get annoying. Particularly when I'm trying to play late at night or early in the AM when the kids are sleeping.

Having said all that... of course I'm going to buy it...
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#26 Posted: 15:47:55 24/04/2014
*Shudders at portal speaker* I just hope you can turn it off, and what is the difference between trap masters and corelanders anyway?
#27 Posted: 15:52:42 24/04/2014
It appears the only difference is you need a Trapmaster on the portal to be able to capture a villain.
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#28 Posted: 15:54:58 24/04/2014
Great...! :/
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#29 Posted: 16:29:27 24/04/2014
All skylanders can capture villians. Traplanders have a damage boost due to their "Traptanium" weapons. ie, there is no difference, they just do it a little better than everyone else.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#30 Posted: 16:38:05 24/04/2014
My life has been renewed. Trap Team will be even more awesome than Swap Force. I love the Traptanium crystals.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#31 Posted: 16:42:52 24/04/2014
Super stoked and excited. I never thought the new game would look this awesome and love the whole concept. As a personal villain lover, I love the idea of playing Skylands' most wanted baddies and can't wait to see who else we can catch. Maybe we can capture Mesmeralda and Cluck who knows.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#32 Posted: 17:31:54 24/04/2014
Quote: Kung Fu Man
Don't forget S4 Prism Break and Whirlwind too. smilie You can NEVER have enough of them, can you?

WHERE IS THIS?
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#33 Posted: 17:37:14 24/04/2014
I thought everybody could trap they do it faster, and can unlock "special areas"?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me