darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Official Bug/Glitch Tracking Thread
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Official Bug/Glitch Tracking Thread [STICKY]
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#51 Posted: 19:41:45 24/05/2014

This was unexpected. I had to quit the level.
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#52 Posted: 23:31:11 24/05/2014
When playing as Doom Zone, On PS3, and you go into the skylander menu, his sheild is gone, His hand is still ina position like hes holding it,... he just has an empty hand . :/
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#53 Posted: 01:53:32 25/05/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob

This was unexpected. I had to quit the level.

I've fallen through the playing area once or twice. In fact, I did it within 20 minutes of first playing the game on the first level.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#54 Posted: 08:12:00 29/05/2014

Before this I saw him ride off in his cart.

This one got me further in the level.
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#55 Posted: 08:21:04 29/05/2014
@Wreckingballbob Thats Awesome!
I didn't have a chance to video it, but I had 2 glitches yesterday!
The first one was when I went in the arena with my Series 2 GITD Cynder. When it loaded... She was green and pink! Luckily she returned to normal when I exited the arena.
That was when the second one occurred. Basically, the whole camera angle of Woodburrow changed! It was now facing the yard instead of not really facing anywhere. I haven't checked back yet to see if its gone, but has anyone else had this? (Sorry if it was earlier in the thread but I didn't notice!)
#56 Posted: 08:30:08 29/05/2014
Quote: yelvy
@Wreckingballbob Thats Awesome!
I didn't have a chance to video it, but I had 2 glitches yesterday!
The first one was when I went in the arena with my Series 2 GITD Cynder. When it loaded... She was green and pink! Luckily she returned to normal when I exited the arena.
That was when the second one occurred. Basically, the whole camera angle of Woodburrow changed! It was now facing the yard instead of not really facing anywhere. I haven't checked back yet to see if its gone, but has anyone else had this? (Sorry if it was earlier in the thread but I didn't notice!)

Yes, I have had this too and it is earlier in thread.
---
#57 Posted: 18:33:58 29/05/2014
Sorry!
#58 Posted: 18:40:05 29/05/2014
Sorry!

That's okay!
---
#59 Posted: 07:11:10 30/05/2014
Thanks, and did yours go back to normal?
#60 Posted: 08:00:38 30/05/2014
Thanks, and did yours go back to normal?

Yeah, but that sucked because I liked that view.
---
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#61 Posted: 05:04:50 01/06/2014
I was just playing as Rubble Shake (completely upgraded, so Purple Shake and Black Rubble) and when I took damage, the Black on Rubble disappeared, but the purple on Shake stayed. A little while later, the sound effect of the purple coming back played, but it was already there anyway... And the Black on Rubble never came back.

Another really weird glitch:
I was playing as Spy Jet (again fully upgraded) and noticed a lot of glitches. First off, using the Spy Scanner, Shock Bomb, or the Spyder Sting make the Jet part lose its turrets and just straight up disappear. It would come back right away, but Spy Jet would just float in the air. Secondly, for some reason, Spy's firing arm was pointed down. It still did all the animations, but the grappling hooks were fired forward, it's just that his hand would do the animation downward. Same thing with the Spy Scanner, the laser pointed forward and it still did damage, just that the arm was pointed down. Whatever ever animation he did, the arm was down. Third, the Turret lost its missile launchers, but still launched missiles. And whenever you would jump, the turret would stay on Spy Jet's feet, vs doing a barrel roll in mid-air.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:51:04 01/06/2014 by isaac343018s
Yoshicrashcart8 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#62 Posted: 15:12:25 25/06/2014
I actually experienced a strange glitch while fighting evil glumshanks. So glumshanks had about half of his health left and the parts to his vehicle were coming back but for some reason they flew upward. So glumshanks was just sitting there being vulnerable and it hasn't happened since.

Another glitch I encountered is in Motleyville when you come across that wall you need a cannon to blow up you talk to Clunker who shows you the way to Gibbs. But I've actually had a glitch where there was 2 Clunkers. One was standing in place while the other one was running in circles

One last glitch is that every so often arena modes become locked on the level select screen so I then have to go talk to snagglescale if want to do arena modes
---
smilie smilie smilie Dark element is best element. smilie smilie smilie
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#63 Posted: 18:47:49 25/06/2014
^ that Glumshanks glitch would be amazing for Time Attack

Speaking of NPC glitches, the game seems to get all the Gillman models mixed up? I assumed this was a disc reading error but I installed the game and play it like that now, and it seems whenever I run into a Gillman NPC they have the character model of a different one or a glitchy expression (I've even seen one of the Gillmen in Cascade Glade, the one at the start of the Life area, with Snagglescale's model...)

Once, I used Scratch in Woodburrow, used Pounce on one of the chests- either as I was starting the lock puzzle or as the gold was flying out- and she fell through the floor... Though I was teleported back in.
zookeeper72 Green Sparx Gems: 387
#64 Posted: 15:26:42 30/06/2014
I've been playing the 3ds version for a couple of weeks now and today I realized that Dark Spyro no longer registers in my system. I loaded him when I first started playing the game and have used him several times. Today, he doesn't show up in the game at all. All my other skylanders are still there. Weird! I will reload him later but has anyone else had this happen?
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#65 Posted: 19:37:49 03/07/2014
Once I encountered a glitch on the Wii version that if you switch characters too fast it gets stuck on the element symbol screen and I had to reset the whole game system smilie
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#66 Posted: 22:15:42 05/07/2014
Quote: RaymanTwilight
Once I encountered a glitch on the Wii version that if you switch characters too fast it gets stuck on the element symbol screen and I had to reset the whole game system smilie

I had that glitch (as well as some other freezing) a few times as well on the Wii, but not anymore since I disconnected from the Internet.
---
Purple dragon.
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#67 Posted: 04:53:57 11/07/2014
Quote: Sboy13
Quote: RaymanTwilight

I had that glitch (as well as some other freezing) a few times as well on the Wii, but not anymore since I disconnected from the Internet.

I had that glitch too in PS3 version

Playing as Fire Kraken in Muddy Marsh Village, behind one of the sacks there is a "secret zone" where you get a chest or something like that, well in that zone I jumped over a water thank then I was able to move around the background of the level. I had to restart the checkpoint.

Doing stupid stuff as Sprocket (like nonsensical spam of mines and turrets),in the 10,000 Gallon Hat, when I tried to Ride one turret it exploded and Sprocket felt trough the level and never come back.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#68 Posted: 10:09:03 22/07/2014
Weird antigravity glitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iCyK-jKr8o

I was just doing my probably 5th playthrough of the game when this just happened! It has happened twice now first on 'super hunger gobble pods' then in woodburrow.
#69 Posted: 16:47:21 23/07/2014
^ I laughed so hard. Came out of nowhere, love how the barrels started rolling, LOL'd at all the landers' spasms. smilie

Tree Rex used Fly! It's not very effective...

And Eruptor, after flopping on the floor, turned his head like "IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE"

Next time it happens, if you have him, please try to dig into the ground/air using Rouser! smilie
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#70 Posted: 11:37:12 24/07/2014
Quote: TTD
Weird antigravity glitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iCyK-jKr8o

I was just doing my probably 5th playthrough of the game when this just happened! It has happened twice now first on 'super hunger gobble pods' then in woodburrow.

That has to be the weirdest glitch I've ever seen in any game... o.o
---
Purple dragon.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#71 Posted: 23:10:36 24/07/2014
I had a glitch with Flashwing in Woodburrow when I would partially charge the tail and then it would make the charging noise until I went somewhere else.

I also had one in Rampant Ruins with Freeze Buckler where I walked over to the robot foot to get the soul gem and I was trapped between the foot and the main area until I teleported back.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:06:58 25/07/2014 by StormDragon21
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#72 Posted: 07:38:20 15/02/2015
I was doing nightmare mode and I was on the fire serpent thing boss fight, and I was destroying the crystals inside of it, and as soon as I beated him I died, and the game froze

Edit My console is ps3
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:55:54 21/02/2015 by Dark Snap Shot
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#73 Posted: 21:22:16 15/02/2015
Which console do you use?~
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#74 Posted: 12:32:46 16/02/2015
if people dont mention the system they are having the bug/glitch on. this will be a very pointless tracking thread.. so remember to mention the system you have the experience on. this is just a little friendly reminder, since we had a mess in the stt thread before people started doing it...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:34:34 16/02/2015 by CountMoneyBone
#75 Posted: 11:04:42 21/02/2015
Did anyone discover what was up with the Wii U collection accolade issues?
UltraLobStar Green Sparx Gems: 327
#76 Posted: 22:07:03 06/03/2015
When my sister and I were playing on wii, she(Stealth Elf S3) and I (Blast Zone) were in one of the caves in Fantasm Forest when she fell in the water, and couldn't get up onto the floating platform. We had to restart the level over
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#77 Posted: 02:54:36 23/03/2015
The dog (was his name Wibbles? I forgot) in FrostFest Mountains in the first village got "stuck" and was just running in place...as a result, he didn't present me my treasure chest so I had to replay the level. This was on XBO.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:54:55 23/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#78 Posted: 21:30:31 15/05/2015
I was playing last night to get the game over with, and i happened to put the skylanders that i have not registered onto the portal, and it still said it was not collected, also with the platinum chest.
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#79 Posted: 21:48:02 15/05/2015
i had a similar issue, i had to go into the character info then register them for it to count. not sure what causes the issue but it seems to only like characters that have never been used in another game better.
Vertalus Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#80 Posted: 03:09:03 05/08/2015
On my Xbox one version on the level of Mötleyville, I had gotten all of the collections(chest,trains,etc)
Yet it will not award me the star.
Anyone having this problem?
---
Favorite type Skylander: Feline and Dragon. Still need: Echo, Rocky Roll, the ever elusive dark element trap,and more
#81 Posted: 01:35:30 31/08/2015
I'm just about to start this on Wii U and I'm going to test something.

Someone had a theory that the accolades glitch was caused by an issue with the Swapper combo screen and you could avoid it if you registered all the Swapper combos before any other figures.

So, I'll start a new save file and try this theory out, because I haven't heard of anyone trying it. Hopefully it works because I'm a completionist and I hate the accolade glitch~.

Update 1: For those interested, I'm up to Winter Keep and got 100% on everything to this point without getting the accolades glitch. As soon as I got to Woodburrow, I registered my whole collection (which actually unlocked all the collection accolades smilie), swapper combos first, then all my Skylanders and Magic Items. I'll update again when I finally complete the whole game or if I run into the glitch, but I guess the best thing to do is register your collection and all swap combos right away and just hope you don't get the glitch?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:23:03 01/09/2015 by Arc of Archives
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#82 Posted: 11:01:43 28/05/2019
I'm not sure what caused this glitch exactly but I have an idea on why it happened. (Console is Xbox360)
(Bad quality video)

I beat the fire viper with Slobber Tooth, but because I'm impatient I paused and went to Boney Islands from the pause screen so I wouldn't have to watch loading screen cutscenes and dialogue boxes.

I must have taken off Slobber Tooth at the wrong time and the game thought I was still playing as him, but had no data from the chip so it left me with whatever that immortal ghost in the video is.

When I went to another area the game would load the map and all the NPC's with their animations, but the UI would be gone and there was nothing to control. Even picking a different file didn't change anything, so I had to go to the dashboard and re-open the game.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me