First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Skylanders 4: Trap Team
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#101 Posted: 14:14:09 22/04/2014
it's already 3-4 pm there
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#102 Posted: 14:37:15 22/04/2014
Time zones only change the hour, so it's "3:37" right now.

What time is the press thingy going down?
#103 Posted: 14:38:56 22/04/2014
maybe 4?
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#104 Posted: 15:31:19 22/04/2014
I can't wait to see what this game is about.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#105 Posted: 15:38:48 22/04/2014
Skylanders 4. You can play as Chompy =DAY ONE for me LOL

BTW I can't wait for tomorrow smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:45:12 22/04/2014 by Buuzer
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#106 Posted: 15:40:26 22/04/2014
it only 11:40 here
---
THE END IS NEAR
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#107 Posted: 15:47:00 22/04/2014
The press event has been going on for some time now, according to someone who works with FamilyGamerTV. We, sadly, probably aren't seeing anything until tomorrow.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#108 Posted: 15:49:30 22/04/2014
maybe he's at the event and won't report until later today?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#109 Posted: 15:54:43 22/04/2014
I really hope so!
Come on, it's just a day (less, now)! How much difference could it make?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:19:02 22/04/2014 by Drek95
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#110 Posted: 16:21:19 22/04/2014
Quote: Drek95
I really hope so!
Come on, it's just a day (less, now)! How much difference could it make?

I work tomorrow, and I'm off today. Makes all the difference when you're waiting on an announcement like this lol
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
#111 Posted: 16:37:08 22/04/2014
I'm off today too, and at school tomorrow, but what I meant was, why keep it so much secret, when it is still just a single day before it's "official" american announcement?
I don't see a single reason to keep it secret, at this point.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:39:00 22/04/2014 by Drek95
#112 Posted: 16:39:49 22/04/2014
i'm in school; tomorrow as well.

BUT

if it's announced at 8:00 NYC time, we'll get news at 5:00 Pacific time.
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#113 Posted: 16:46:51 22/04/2014
(Oh darn I posted)

The name is quite peculiar... Seeing as how there is such a great difference with that title comparing to the past 3. If it actually turned out to be real, it would seem Activision is finding a new viewpoint for the franchise, or so I'd assume. With that said, it would lead my imagination into thinking something greater, something different would be included from now on in the series. As far as I can hope, a possibly different kind of story. Of course, being a kids franchise I wouldn't expect some darker story, but something a bit more serious (i.e. A more serious enemy than Kaos) would actually be quite nice to see.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#114 Posted: 17:05:52 22/04/2014
^Disney didn't have a problem with darker stories. It can be done tastefully. The game shouldn't be all Comedy Central either. More serious (let one or two do the comedy) would be a good start. More at stake.

Quote: Buuzer
Skylanders 4. You can play as Chompy =DAY ONE for me LOL

BTW I can't wait for tomorrow smilie

One hit kill. That would make for interesting gameplay. smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:08:56 22/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#115 Posted: 17:09:30 22/04/2014
This is getting repetitive.
The skylanders cycle:

New Game Rumors are out
Fans get excited, hoping to see basic features like online 4 player multiplayer
The game Is announced, hype builds up even more, everyone is excited about the latest concept
Figures are shown, everyone falls in love.
*cue long waiting time for game to be released*
Game is released, fans complain about how the game is too short, and how the figures are too expensive.
People complain that there is nothing new in the latest game.
Fans start waiting for the next game and start speculating on what will be new.

It's gonna happen again guys. Expect S4, a short game, and no online multiplayer.
#116 Posted: 17:14:27 22/04/2014
^There's a degree of truth in many of your statements, and I suspect if they don't bring what the fans want they'll feel the pain appropriately. I'm not optimistic about "longer"...I am hopeful however for "longevity" of gameplay...provided they innovate to provide more to like on returned re-plays...there are ways to do this without having to do more from a work perspective. The big question is are they going to let their "target market" cloud legitimate judgements that could truly satisfy what I suspect are just as big of an audience as the kids they want to serve.

I would be truly disappointed in no online capability, but deep down I suspect we'll be disappointed on one or more target areas this board has been very vocal on.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:17:30 22/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
FlameSlinger11 Green Sparx Gems: 323
#117 Posted: 17:15:44 22/04/2014
Major buzzkill. Unfortunately I have a feeling you are right.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#118 Posted: 17:19:30 22/04/2014
It's simple.

Make the game patchable
Add online multiplayer
Increase content

Sure there are other things that would be great, but that's the gist of it.

-make your own levels
-better purpose for money
-shorter levels but more of them
-more in game unlockables via playing
-more 'star' related items that require multiple play throughs

*shrug*
- Unreall
#119 Posted: 17:19:45 22/04/2014
The major difference is that people generally learns after a couple of times, and those on the fence will finally make negative purchase decisions. This in conjunction with the "developer's paradox" of playing it safe may finally do one of two tings---promote change or designate the beginning of the end. It's up to Activision to realize what's going on, what people want, and act accordingly. I feel a bit more optimistic this time around because TfB is at the helm. We'll see.

As Unreal says, the major thrust are tweaks to make multiple play throughs more needed to provide more value. Time Attack / Points is a start...what can we do however to make the playthrough different or provide additional content/value that wasn't shown the first time? Good Grief does anyone remember Resident Evil 2? The same game, but had areas of new content and new storyline with minimal rework. In that game you had A/B scenarios and they all played out differently depending on which character you started with in the A scenario. That means you have to play 4 times to see all of the content! That's what I'm talking about. It seems people forget the simple things developers had to do to increase re-playability when we had technology constraints.

Reliability/patched content, tournaments online, gameplay innovations to make it more strategy and less "run and gun"... all are things that add up hugely to the overall experience. Stupid things like what got our goat in Swap Force (no skipping, forced reviewing of videos, no benefit for reaching portal rank 80, lack of heroics) all count in there.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 17:44:26 22/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#120 Posted: 17:22:04 22/04/2014
I always kept my excitement from Swap Force from the day of the reveal to the time the game was released. However, I am a little bored with it. I find myself buying the newest figure and just leveling him/her up and thats it... I've only had the game 5 months. I hope the new game brings in some longevity in some way, especially attached to the figures like the heroics. But I always know that I will enjoy pretty much all the characters. There were few with Swap Force that I didnt like. Also...I really hope there is no more than 16 new characters. It gets to be a bit much with 32. I really enjoyed Giants for that reason.
#121 Posted: 17:30:10 22/04/2014
32 new is reasonable, what makes it untenable is that PLUS crazy store exclusives, reposes, re colorings etc. making it 60+ figures. I'm saying no to reposes if they keep doing what they've been doing, will more than likely start targeting the unnecessary lightcores, store exclusives, etc. next and just stay to core new only. If they bring their A game to make the purchases justifiable (more so), I'll reconsider. But they've always been too heavy on the toy side with this game...and it needs more balance.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:32:02 22/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
#122 Posted: 17:48:44 22/04/2014
Apparently it's embargoed until tomorrow at 7PM EST.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#123 Posted: 17:55:16 22/04/2014
Oh well, that will be midnight for us here in the UK so that will basically be a Thursday, oh well. I'll just have to stay up and then be tired in the morning.
#124 Posted: 17:57:17 22/04/2014
Andy talks about the Trap Team leak.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/an...r-skylanders-4/
---
#125 Posted: 19:02:06 22/04/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
Apparently it's embargoed until tomorrow at 7PM EST.

What a senseless decision!
Oh, well. At least let's hope the game is worth the wait. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#126 Posted: 19:07:30 22/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
The major difference is that people generally learns after a couple of times, and those on the fence will finally make negative purchase decisions. This in conjunction with the "developer's paradox" of playing it safe may finally do one of two tings---promote change or designate the beginning of the end. It's up to Activision to realize what's going on, what people want, and act accordingly. I feel a bit more optimistic this time around because TfB is at the helm. We'll see.

As Unreal says, the major thrust are tweaks to make multiple play throughs more needed to provide more value. Time Attack / Points is a start...what can we do however to make the playthrough different or provide additional content/value that wasn't shown the first time? Good Grief does anyone remember Resident Evil 2? The same game, but had areas of new content and new storyline with minimal rework. In that game you had A/B scenarios and they all played out differently depending on which character you started with in the A scenario. That means you have to play 4 times to see all of the content! That's what I'm talking about. It seems people forget the simple things developers had to do to increase re-playability when we had technology constraints.

Reliability/patched content, tournaments online, gameplay innovations to make it more strategy and less "run and gun"... all are things that add up hugely to the overall experience. Stupid things like what got our goat in Swap Force (no skipping, forced reviewing of videos, no benefit for reaching portal rank 80, lack of heroics) all count in there.

Just to fan this post a little more, they need to look at one of the best selling and most played games of all time - the Diablo series. You literally farm the same content for YEARS. How do they keep interest going? Between PvP, Ladders, and just 'options' to improve your character (along with defining different playstyles based on those characters).

Skylanders will NEVER be a Diablo style game, but they should look into those factors that made people play it for so long.
- Unreall
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#127 Posted: 20:08:06 22/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Andy talks about the Trap Team leak.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/an...r-skylanders-4/

Very cool that DarkSpyro is cited as the source!!

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#128 Posted: 21:38:43 22/04/2014
Quote: Unreallystic
Just to fan this post a little more, they need to look at one of the best selling and most played games of all time - the Diablo series. You literally farm the same content for YEARS. How do they keep interest going? Between PvP, Ladders, and just 'options' to improve your character (along with defining different playstyles based on those characters).

Skylanders will NEVER be a Diablo style game, but they should look into those factors that made people play it for so long.
- Unreall

Thing is, new Skylanders games are released each year, not every 10 years smilie
---
bye
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#129 Posted: 21:53:28 22/04/2014
[User Posted Image]

Well lookie who it is - it's Ranger! Just posted on the Skoylandurs Twitter (and presumably Facebook too). Could this be our two new starters? Ranger and... The small guy? These are two completely new characters we've not seen (well, scratch that last part). People are calling the small guy 'Super-Sayan Trigger Happy'.

They're being revealed tomorrow.

Edit: Take note (I'll be doing a test tomorrow), the crystal looking background. Remember the translucent weapons? Remember the "Crystal Power" leak months ago? Remember the enemies that popped out of Crystals?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:56:14 22/04/2014 by bionicle2809
#130 Posted: 21:55:12 22/04/2014
SUPER SAYAN TRIGGER HAPPY! I WANT THAT
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#131 Posted: 22:02:59 22/04/2014
Not to mention they picked the names for voting yesterday. We'll defineitly see some of the unnamed characters.
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#132 Posted: 22:03:20 22/04/2014
OMG
CALL HIM SAYANARA MUCHACHOS TRIGGER HAPPY
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
scratchking22 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#133 Posted: 22:09:18 22/04/2014
Trap=little buddies that help you fight?
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
#134 Posted: 22:10:17 22/04/2014
Really glad to finally see something! At least staying awake until now was worth it.
Really happy to finally see something more of "Ranger", not that much for that almost sure S4 Trigger Happy... Hoped for a new character instead of a repose.
Crystals are definitely going to play a big role in the new game, and this seems really exciting!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#135 Posted: 22:15:22 22/04/2014
Maybe two-part figures? Ranger is a little generic for someone.
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#136 Posted: 22:18:11 22/04/2014
Really glad to finally see something! At least staying awake until now was worth it.
Really happy to finally see something more of "Ranger", not that much for that almost sure S4 Trigger Happy... Hoped for a new character instead of a repose.
Crystals are definitely going to play a big role in the new game, and this seems really exciting!

The Twitter post specifically said two new characters we've "NEVER" seen before. So it's not Trigger Happy... It just looks like Trigger Happy. Which really just means it's an Imp like Pop Fizz too... But with guns...

Hmm...
#137 Posted: 22:18:46 22/04/2014
what is the super sayan thing!?!?!?
#138 Posted: 22:19:14 22/04/2014
"Ranger" is probably just a new type of Skylanders, like the Giants and the Swap Force members before them.
Something related to interchangeable weapons?
Doesn't seems that innovative, and could be a big damage, in terms of characters uniqueness, but, who knows... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#139 Posted: 22:21:21 22/04/2014
well, pop fizz was going to be named "Alchemist" but it was changed by E3.

i suspect the've already changed the name and we will find out tomorrow
#140 Posted: 22:29:25 22/04/2014
Quote: bionicle2809

The Twitter post specifically said two new characters we've "NEVER" seen before. So it's not Trigger Happy... It just looks like Trigger Happy. Which really just means it's an Imp like Pop Fizz too... But with guns...

Hmm...

Dont know about Twitter, but the Skylanders Facebook Page often describes reposes as "never seen before brand new amazing characters".
And I am not exaggerating.
That Skylander is too much similar to Trigs, to be someone else. Another imp with guns would mean an incredible lack of creativity by TfB designers.
As for Ranger... I hope so.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#141 Posted: 22:29:27 22/04/2014
"Ranger" is probably just a new type of Skylanders, like the Giants and the Swap Force members before them.
Something related to interchangeable weapons?
Doesn't seems that innovative, and could be a big damage, in terms of characters uniqueness, but, who knows... smilie

Rangers that help other characters?
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#142 Posted: 22:40:39 22/04/2014

Hmm...

Dont know about Twitter, but the Skylanders Facebook Page often describes reposes as "never seen before brand new amazing characters".
That Skylander is too much similar to Trigs, to be someone else. Another imp with guns would mean an incredible lack of creativity by TfB designers.

I'd be disappointed to hear if the Trigger Happy look-alike is just a repose and not a totally new character. I love him, but I'm tired of reposes. Even if it was a new character, it seems too similar to Trigger Happy to be original. We're only judging by a silhouette though, maybe when we get some more info tomorrow we'll actually see how the character's like.

Oh yeah, and the guy on the right is totally the ranger. I can't wait for tomorrow smilie
---
Purple dragon.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#143 Posted: 22:41:32 22/04/2014
[User Posted Image]

Well lookie who it is - it's Ranger! Just posted on the Skoylandurs Twitter (and presumably Facebook too). Could this be our two new starters? Ranger and... The small guy? These are two completely new characters we've not seen (well, scratch that last part). People are calling the small guy 'Super-Sayan Trigger Happy'.

They're being revealed tomorrow.

Edit: Take note (I'll be doing a test tomorrow), the crystal looking background. Remember the translucent weapons? Remember the "Crystal Power" leak months ago? Remember the enemies that popped out of Crystals?

SUPER SAYAN TRIGGER HAPPY! I WANT THAT

I want one too smilie

Hmm...

It's pop fizz and trigger's love child!

what is the super sayan thing!?!?!?

google it: it's from a 1980's Japanese anime dragonball z. 1990's/2000 if we are talking the us release/dubbed officials
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#144 Posted: 22:57:22 22/04/2014
Quote: Sboy13

Hmm...

I'd be disappointed to hear if the Trigger Happy look-alike is just a repose and not a totally new character. I love him, but I'm tired of reposes. Even if it was a new character, it seems too similar to Trigger Happy to be original. We're only judging by a silhouette though, maybe when we get some more info tomorrow we'll actually see how the character's like.

Oh yeah, and the guy on the right is totally the ranger. I can't wait for tomorrow smilie

His name is not ranger dear. That's a character type. 'Member how there are Ranger Vehicles?
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#145 Posted: 23:01:23 22/04/2014
One of the figures in the silhouette is featured in this mega bloks image from Toy Fair 2014

[User Posted Image]
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#146 Posted: 23:03:59 22/04/2014
Omg! Maybe the Guy beside Super-Saian-Trigger-Happy is Hunter! Surely not, but it would be so great smilie
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#147 Posted: 23:04:00 22/04/2014
Hmmph. It definitely looks like a Pop Fizz and Trigger Happy combo.

Ranger will definitely be the first gimmick character revealed, although I was hoping for the mummy-like Undead character.
---
gnarlytreesnex Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#148 Posted: 23:05:13 22/04/2014
I hope so to on my computer I speculated a ghost roaster wow pow
#149 Posted: 23:08:43 22/04/2014
Don't forget the Golden Lion, Orange Hammer guy, and Undead Mummy:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5329
#150 Posted: 23:31:51 22/04/2014
I've just realised, those four new characters all have translucent coloured weapons. Maybe they're crystal? Perhaps the new gimmick charaters have something to do with this?
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me