Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > SPYRO: TWISTED DARKNESS [Chapter 14 is OUT, GUYZ!!11!]
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
SPYRO: TWISTED DARKNESS [Chapter 14 is OUT, GUYZ!!11!] [CLOSED]
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#51 Posted: 20:29:22 11/07/2014
Don't worry, it happens to everyone.
For me, it lasted three months in between two chapters.
---
A story.
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#52 Posted: 03:16:54 12/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: uttster13
Don't worry, it happens to everyone.
For me, it lasted three months in between two chapters.

Which two chapters, anyway? 13 and 14?
#53 Posted: 01:13:35 17/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm thinking about doing promo art for this. I don't know if it'll make things work, but it'll do something...
SpyroinDraenor Blue Sparx Gems: 771
#54 Posted: 10:09:47 17/07/2014
That's cool, everyone gets writer's block, when I was originally writing TPoT, between Chapters 12 & 13 i couldn't think of anything, but i got saved because it was a co-op, and I'm a bit demotivated by the fact that my new fic, Shadows of Avalar has no readers, but you just have to go to other things for a while, like another story, or some art, or something like that, then come back to this one in 2-3 weeks time and it'l feel new again, so you re-read the ones you've already done and you might get some inspiration again
#55 Posted: 05:27:27 04/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Right now, I'm working on a different spinoff that I hope I can publish as a novel.
Gondracorn Red Sparx Gems: 12
#56 Posted: 20:09:11 08/08/2014
Thanks alot, this makes me sad and happy. Why? Because it's loosely based off my own Story found here: http://avalarians.deviantart.c...tion-251799449.

Read the whole thing and then compare similarities. smilie
#57 Posted: 20:21:53 08/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Gondracorn
Thanks alot, this makes me sad and happy. Why? Because it's loosely based off my own Story found here: http://avalarians.deviantart.c...tion-251799449.

Read the whole thing and then compare similarities. smilie

Dude, the link's broken.
#58 Posted: 03:35:29 12/08/2014 | Topic Creator
CHAPTER 14: Returning to Klontrill

Spyro sat in the moving buggy full of sheep that are just a notch above silence, a cheetah who is drenched with slime, a muskrat who is wet with a smile of pride, a golden dragon who is soiled with humiliation, and a dragonfly who is quenched with relief. The purple dragon scanned the environments, surprised that attackers would try to kill him on a day with a sun that had a great shine. Weird. Peaceful day, and we already get raided on our first job.

All of them were silent. Sparx, struck with boredom, started talking. "So, five guys... What are the odds?"

Spyro knew what was coming. "Oh, no, not another one of your -- "

"Five guys walk into a bar..."

"SPARX!"

"'Ey, I wanna listen to this guy," Rasheed said, "see what he says."

"Nah, you'll hate it," Hunter said. "His jokes have been old for years."

Sparx was surprised. "You really forgot that one back at the tower?"

"Calm down, Sparx," Tanner said. "Save your energy for another time."

"Is there a thing with those flies?" Rasheed asked.

"Yeah," Tanner said. "Dragonflies can fit in really small places."

"So what are they good for?"

"They can get your keys from a sewer drain."

"Wow, that's the best you can come up with?" Sparx said.

"You kind of had it coming," Hunter said.

"And, you know, you did stuff like that before," Spyro said to Sparx.

"I don't need to be reminded twice about it," Sparx said.

And it was true. Several times, Sparx had retrieved important objects from areas that Spyro could not enter, due to the fact that the dragon was too large for the entrances. However, just like Spyro, Sparx also had his dilemmas: he had to fight several hundreds of bugs, in an effort to rescue unhatched dragons.

But Sparx was curious about something else. He was hovering above a stack of gems and spherical ores that were dropped from the frogs. The gems and ores were in a basket just beside the sheep cage.

The dragonfly had seen the gems before, as Spyro had collected tons for currency measures, but the dragonfly had never seen the ores before.

"So what are the ores for?" the dragonfly asked.

"They're these little things that dropped out of everyone who you killed," Tanner said.

"What do they do?" Spyro asked.

"They restore health or magic," Tanner replied, "depending on which color you get."

"What are the colors?" Hunter asked.

Tanner answered Hunter by saying, "Red's for health, and green's for magic, which you can't use, by the way."

"That's it?" Spyro asked. "Two colors?"

"There's also blue ores and purple ores," Tanner said. "The blue ones make you stronger, but the purple ones kind of build up your powers so you can make explosions, depending on what your element is."

"Anything else you got from the bottom of the lake?" Spyro asked, as he was apathetic to see Tanner and Rasheed load the gems dropped from the frogs.

"We got these spiky gems that have a bit of green, a bit of blue, and a bit of purple," Rasheed said, "but we have no idea what they do."

Silence fell again, but the Spyro was still curious about the ores. He knew that, for gems, a red gem is equal to 1 gem value, a green gem is equal to 2 gem value, a purple gem is equal to 5 gem value, a yellow gem is equal to 10 gem value, and a pink gem is equal to 25 gem value, but he was bewildered at the different purpose the ores seem to hold.

He broke the silence. "The purple ores only work on dragons, right?" Spyro asked Tanner.

"Believe it or not, not really. Others can use it too, and depending on what they are, they can use the ores to shape shift, make their guns more powerful, make their spears more powerful, make themselves use magic, make themselves --"

"So what if I got some of those things?" Hunter asked.

"You'll grow a scaly hand and be able to shape shift for a while."

"Well," Hunter said, "that explains your dream, Spyro."

As the buggy's motor continued to whir and as the breeze blew harder into his face, Spyro thought about the trapped purple dragon from the dream.

"Remember when I said that I saw another purple dragon in the dream?" Spyro asked his bowman friend, leaning on his quiver.

"Yeah," Hunter said. "Why?"

"What if the Sorcerer's trying to go after him?"

"You said he just left you in the cave."

"I know, but I had another dream when I crashed in this forest. Some guy was talking to me, saying that the Sorcerer was going after the 'ultimate power.' I don't know about you, but maybe that purple dragon is the 'ultimate power,' even though the Sorcerer was going after the spirit..."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. You're still on this thing?"

"I was in that ship and got knocked out when I was trying to save Derek."

"And then you're going to say that the spirit took over your body, right?"

"She saved my freakin' life, Sparx!"

"Yo, are you crazy or something?" Rasheed asked. "You act like like you're on dragon ectol or something."

"I don't drink," Spyro said. Why would I drink?

Spyro didn't want to argue with anyone any longer, so he became taciturn for the rest of the trip. On the way, he saw the same rock that he leaned behind in an attempt to hide from the spirit. Seriously, what was her name?

The wall of Klontrill can be seen in the distance. The buggy started to decrease its velocity, which made it and Spyro's pendant rumble. Since Spyro was now with the dragon who'd given him the pendant in the first place, Spyro decided to solve another mystery and ask Tanner a question.

"So what do these pendants do?" he asked.

"They're remote devices that use the technology of the Shadow Portal," Tanner said.

"So they're Shadow Portals on the go?" Sparx asked.

"Yep," Tanner said. "They also let any dragon use purple dragon magic, which explains all the fireballs back at the Underground."

"Oh, really?" Spyro said.

"Yeah, but they also prevent any dragon from losing magic while they're in the Shadow Realm. Thing is, the pendants always need to be connected to the Shadow Portal, or they don't work. We can also use them in the vehicles," he said, opening a compartment which contained another pendant, "since we like to -- "

"Hey you know what?" Hunter said, pointing to the pendant. "I think I might need that sometime."

"You ain't magic!" Rasheed exclaimed.

"My dad got sick in the Shadow Realm once," Hunter said. "It does stuff to everyone, even the magicless."

"You can't even work those things, bra!" Rasheed said. "Your kind can't do crap with magic!"

"Coming from the guy who ships illegal crap for their life!"

Rasheed slammed on the brakes, and the vehicle tipped and rocked heavily with a fast jerk. Rasheed then angrily turned his body over his chair to grasp the cheetah's chest with a pinching grip.

"Listen, you son of a frickweed, I've got to feed thousands of refugees a day, and if you don't like that I'm doing this for the benefit of the refugees, you might as well just get out and walk straight into Harmon's little castl --"

"Rasheed," Tanner said. "I told you that we don't kick out new recruits like that."

Rasheed realized how much of a blatant individual he had been for the moment. He ungrasped Hunter's chest and returned to a proper seating position, placing his foot on the accelerator.

"Sorry," he said.

"You need to be more careful," Tanner said.

"Yeah, I know, but…"

"It doesn't matter if he said that you're doing something illegal. They're always going to appreciate what you do once they get to know you better."

"Yeah, but what about Clara, huh?"

"Clara's been out of duty for ten years now."

"Because she's shot dead, homie!"

As the conversation between the arrogant muskrat and the chief dragon continued, Spyro wondered if these were the true colors of the two people. Rasheed showed contemplation for his actions, but is still vex at the situations around him, while Tanner, first vile to Spyro's eyes, attempted to calm the mammalian driver.
#59 Posted: 03:37:49 12/08/2014 | Topic Creator
"You think they're always like this?" Spyro asked, leaning towards Hunter.

"To be honest, I don't give a damn about their relationship," Hunter said.

"Relationship?" Sparx asked. "You're talking about love now?"

"You wish!" Spyro said.
marcusfern012 Ripto Gems: 0
#60 Posted: 03:13:11 31/10/2014
You know, a good fanfic with classic Spyro in it is really hard to come by these days. I saw "Fan fiction" section, and decided to look to see what was in here. This is actually one of the best underdog fanfics I've seen in a while, even though I've only read the first two parts.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me