Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Game 4 Announcement Coming Soon?
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#1 Posted: 12:37:40 09/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Marvel has posted a trailer for Disney Infinity "2.0" Edition, confirming Marvel Characters. As this is the first hint to their new game, could we see a teaser trailer soon?
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 14:32:33 09/04/2014
Current predicted announce date is sometime in May - specially, the day that the competition votes open.
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#3 Posted: 14:33:06 09/04/2014
I have a feeling they'll wait till E3. Considering they have a bigger hold over the "toys to life" genre than Disney seems to, they can take their time to announce it, to generate more hype.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#4 Posted: 14:37:30 09/04/2014
Yeah, I'm expecting it to be E3.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#5 Posted: 16:57:25 09/04/2014
I think people are becoming bored because there is no new info. Or at least I am
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#6 Posted: 17:13:39 09/04/2014
Same, but if there was new information I'd be going crazy until I had all the information.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#7 Posted: 17:43:03 09/04/2014
It'll probably be before E3; everything is pointing towards it.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 19:27:47 09/04/2014
That would be really appreciated! I'm kinda annoyed by all this absence of any news. Ok, you want to keep the secret. Ok, you want to create hype.
But I'm sure Disney wants it too. And they already made a trailer.

Last year, at this point, we already knew at least 7-8 new characters, and saw the game itself. This year? Just 3 new characters (still AWESOME ones), a few unconfirmed MegaBlok leaks and nothing more.

That's not a great idea, to keep fans interested...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 19:36:45 09/04/2014
now that disney's taken it's first steps towards a sequel, it's time for activision to get off it's butt and do something
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 01:01:06 10/04/2014
Quote: AzarianGO
I have a feeling they'll wait till E3. Considering they have a bigger hold over the "toys to life" genre than Disney seems to, they can take their time to announce it, to generate more hype.

Kinda funny that this site is as quiet as a ghost...so it doesn't look like hype to me...more like relief that we don't have another 70+ characters to buy.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
PyroLander Green Sparx Gems: 244
#11 Posted: 03:59:01 10/04/2014
Irategamer made a remark that he knows something about the next game in his latest video
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#12 Posted: 05:06:48 10/04/2014
Disney Infinity 2.0 seems more like a new updated version of Infinity that most likely do the same thing as Skylanders Giants did. Portal Owner's Pack and Starter Pack. Even so, this doesn't mean Activision/TFB should hurry up, and rush out an unprepared tech-demo to show off. As said, it'd most likely be shown at E3 at one of the conferences.
---
words. letters. filler.
#13 Posted: 05:15:49 10/04/2014
Tech-demo?...
By now they should have almost completed the game (if the release is still October/November).
They have no excuse. They are just waiting.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#14 Posted: 08:08:36 10/04/2014
^ I thought games usually go gold a couple of weeks or a month before release and then get printed then shipped out? I don't really know, but... I seriously doubt that the game is near-completion now. I'm just gonna guess that they've finished designing major aspects and are starting to work on tweaking some things, but still have a lot in the game to develop and fix. If they're doing any one thing for the next few months then I'd guess they're bug-testing what they have built now- and none of us want a buggy game where they had to skimp on testing to release it quickly("A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is bad forever"). Also, if given more time to make the game, then it gives them more time to polish the next game further then the previous ones, and actually improve in it. Plus, developing graphics etc for the new engine probably takes harder work than the older one, since they need to get familiar with an engine for the games again, and also the better graphics probably equal more work.

Though I agree it's frustrating that they delayed the announcement for the game, but I'm hoping that they actually do have a reason for it. It's pretty boring around here without any discussions regardless.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:11:33 10/04/2014 by Arc of Archives
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#15 Posted: 09:16:39 10/04/2014
I'm not even a little bit ecxited
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#16 Posted: 11:22:06 10/04/2014
Well know something by end of april i know because Malicedoll79 youtuber said he went to the actual company and he said well know something by end of april
---
"Taking Charge"
#17 Posted: 12:07:18 10/04/2014
Maybe you are right, Arc of Archives, but, why not show at least some new characters, and tell the name of the game?
That would be nice, an would start a lot more speculations.
And I LOVE speculations! smilie

If that is true, GIANTSRULE, then it's great!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#18 Posted: 12:27:02 10/04/2014
Quote: GIANTSRULE
Well know something by end of april i know because Malicedoll79 youtuber said he went to the actual company and he said well know something by end of april

Never. believe. a. YouTuber. Some of them make lies just to get subscribers.
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#19 Posted: 13:10:00 10/04/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Disney Infinity 2.0 seems more like a new updated version of Infinity that most likely do the same thing as Skylanders Giants did. Portal Owner's Pack and Starter Pack. Even so, this doesn't mean Activision/TFB should hurry up, and rush out an unprepared tech-demo to show off. As said, it'd most likely be shown at E3 at one of the conferences.

Agreed. The 'teaser' actually irritated me a bit as it looks like it's done in DI1. I don't need some graphical facelift, and while I look forward to adding Marvel - more than anything the game needs gameplay improvements. I won't purchase anything for it until I find THAT out.

As for SL4 - the longer I go without new interest, the stronger my wallet closes. Too much money was spent and arguably wasted on Swap Force, so before I make up my mind - they need to release SOMETHING. Even just the NAME would help out.
- Unreall
#20 Posted: 14:33:56 10/04/2014
^ Agreed.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#21 Posted: 17:05:28 10/04/2014
DI needs HUGE gameplay improvements. I've never felt so limited by how I can control the characters I paid 14 dollars for before in my life.

Toy Box is so boring for my tastes, and my girls only walk around Toy Box for a few minutes with new characters, before putting them down and asking to play Skylanders. Probably because you can control your Skylanders in ALL levels of the game. They're not restricted.

It's not something I have to deal with anymore. DI sucks total butt in my opinion. I won't fall for it again with DI2 or 2.0 or whatever they're calling it.

Marvel, Star Wars, none of that can keep me going with the DI brand. Once I finish getting all Series 3 Power Discs, and whatever Crystal figures remain, I am done. Over. Finito. The playsets were just the same style of game wrapped in different coats of paint. It won't be missed in my house.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#22 Posted: 17:38:03 10/04/2014
It's all taste, really. My sons LOVE Infinity, the youngest likes it better than Skylanders. He loves just walking around without a purpose doing things and making things. He loves playing characters from his favorite movies. His older brother likes the Toy Box, and he makes the worlds as his younger brother plays in them. Personally, I'm not a big fan - it's OK, some of the playsets are pretty fun (Lone Ranger is probably the best, oddly enough), but I'm a fan of directed action. The figures are much nicer than Skylanders, however (Sorcerer Mickey, Phineas and Wreck It Ralph are awesome). I'm just glad they have both of these options for the kids, one for the open world, out of the box type play and one for the tight story focused play.

Oh, and they LOVE Marvel Super Heroes. We'll probably get more Infinity 2.0 figures than Skylanders 4, unless they really do something special in game 4. After all, I like Skylanders, but I couldn't justify our collection if they weren't into it - in fact we didn't really get into SSA until we were certain they really liked the game. I'll definitely get game 4, and a decent selection of the new guys, but I'm sensing a change in the winds. My oldest is starting to enjoy a much wider selection of genres in games (he really likes RPGs), and the youngest is the one that will be driving the "action figure game" choices instead. And he prefers Infinity.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#23 Posted: 11:37:35 11/04/2014
I wish disney infinity added some new stuff like Donald and Goofy, Marvel doesnt even feel like disney.... serously
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#24 Posted: 12:31:07 11/04/2014
but disney is a business
---
THE END IS NEAR
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#25 Posted: 13:33:43 11/04/2014
Quote: Kevin16
I wish disney infinity added some new stuff like Donald and Goofy, Marvel doesnt even feel like disney.... serously

Marvel is Disney too now but I get what you mean, you want some old school Disney Figures. Id love Donald and his nephews
#26 Posted: 14:42:23 11/04/2014
I'd love a Donald or Goofy. Sorcerer Mickey is by far my favorite figure, I would have bought him even if we didn't get the game. He looks fantastic. My son would LOVE a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse adventure level.
#27 Posted: 18:20:02 11/04/2014
I stil lsay the biggest ball dropped by DI was not having a Phineus and Pherb Play set. They friggin TV show is about them building cool stuff.
- Unreall
#28 Posted: 19:20:54 11/04/2014
No kidding, you even get a cool waterslide for unlocking them - just think of how many other things they could have done. It's hard to believe they can come up with a whole world for the Lone Ranger (I get that when they made it they weren't aware the movie was going to bomb), yet can't be bothered with Phineas and Ferb (and I am downright disappointed there is no Dr. Doofenshmirtz figure). I'm thinking their choice had more to do with Disney making them put in the Lone Ranger to promote the movie.

I guess they figure the show is basically a big toy box, so it fits they are just Toy Box figures.
#29 Posted: 20:43:07 11/04/2014
Even so, it could have been such a money maker. They had the Frozen Blu-Ray deal, they could have done something similar with Phineus and Ferb's movie, and had a playset based on the movie (which had all the memorable things they built...in a single summer hahaha).

Going back to skylanders- I'm actually surprised that with all the voice acting and all the memorabilia - they haven't released a straight to dvd movie or a short season TV-show. You've already got high-res models, you've already got a couple/few villains, you've got a LARGE cast, etc. Anything that can have a 'birthday set' - like go to Walmart and buy candles and bday hats for kids - should have a tv show and/or movie. And it doesn't have to be big budget. When you think about it - Transformers the TV show was nothing but a 30 minute advertisement for the toys. All they would need is for the TV series to just about break even - after that it makes them money via advertisements and tie-ins. It would also raise the interest in reposes if they focused on those main characters and periodically interjected some of the newer ones.

And you can't tell me that Kaos doesn't act like the old-school Saturday morning cartoon villain. Tropes and all.
- Unreall
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#30 Posted: 21:53:20 11/04/2014
I am surprised that Skylanders doesn't have even a cartoon yet.

Maybe it's time to rip some 3D models out of the PC SSA and download the Unreal Engine SDK smilie
(I'm kidding! Too much work for me smilie )

They need something to bring back the buzz that has died since Swap Force, pretty much since the game released the franchise has been sinking lower, a cartoon could really save them if it was done right.

What worries me most is how much damage it could do if done wrong. Maybe that is why it hasn't happened...
#31 Posted: 02:38:23 12/04/2014
Quote: Pyrofer
I am surprised that Skylanders doesn't have even a cartoon yet.

Maybe it's time to rip some 3D models out of the PC SSA and download the Unreal Engine SDK smilie
(I'm kidding! Too much work for me smilie )

They need something to bring back the buzz that has died since Swap Force, pretty much since the game released the franchise has been sinking lower, a cartoon could really save them if it was done right.

What worries me most is how much damage it could do if done wrong. Maybe that is why it hasn't happened...

TV show won't "save" the game...it might raise awareness/interest. Actually I'm enjoying the break from all of this stuff.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#32 Posted: 03:23:57 12/04/2014
Already wrote my thoughts about a TV show a while ago. I don't really have anything significant to add, but the more I think about it, the more I think I'd like to see a slice-of-life TV series. Think along the lines of Friendship is Magic. It could help expand lore and give more personality to the Skylanders. Look at the Short Cuts- those are only a few minutes each and still work really well(there's the risk of spreading eps too thin, but like Pyrofer says, if done right full episodes could work well, and it seems like the writers of the Short Cuts have a good idea of how to write Skylanders' personalities into each scenario).
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#33 Posted: 13:39:55 13/04/2014
I hope that the new game will be announced at E3.(lets hope guys!)
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
#34 Posted: 14:04:33 13/04/2014
It'll be sooner than you think.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#35 Posted: 15:08:46 13/04/2014
Quote: Matteomax

You know? Can you give us an hint?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#36 Posted: 15:56:40 13/04/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

You know? Can you give us an hint?

He doesn't know.
---
#37 Posted: 21:26:21 13/04/2014

How much sooner do you think it will be, Matteomax?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#38 Posted: 22:15:27 13/04/2014
Quote: Drek95

He doesn't know.
---
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#39 Posted: 22:25:05 13/04/2014
So Matteo definitely knows, got it, GhostRoaster.
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
#40 Posted: 22:40:49 13/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Drek95

He doesn't know.

Maybe, but he is still an Hunter, so, he must have his motivations, for saying that.
And he's also a moderator, here. So, I'm really curious to hear what he thinks.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#41 Posted: 22:42:48 13/04/2014
If he knows, and Activision knows he knows, he's in trouble. Personally, I don't think the sensitive nature of the game is going be out of the hands of the company, and in a teen board moderator. Sorry.

We will know when we know. E3 makes sense to me, but the element of surprise has me thinking they will do it "their way". So how about any time between now and mid June?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:50 13/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#42 Posted: 23:17:40 13/04/2014
Quote: scratchking22
If you guys are stressing out over the "couple of months" thing, it probably shouldn't be taken litteraly. Instead, expect more news at E3 2014.

Quote: lesty
You'll hear it a lot sooner than that. Preorders should start in early May.

All the major fall release titles want to start pre-orders by May and carry on through the summer.

I think a lot of you do not realize Matteomax has some kind of connection with lesty.
#43 Posted: 23:25:21 13/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
If he knows, and Activision knows he knows, he's in trouble. Personally, I don't think the sensitive nature of the game is going be out of the hands of the company, and in a teen board moderator. Sorry.

We will know when we know. E3 makes sense to me, but the element of surprise has me thinking they will do it "their way". So how about any time between now and mid June?

I compleately agree with you. That would be REALLY unlikely.
Still, he never fooled us, and I don't think he would say such thing without any reason.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#44 Posted: 01:32:05 14/04/2014
Occums Razor. Activision hates giving secrets. It happens when it happens.
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#45 Posted: 07:44:16 14/04/2014
Matteo was also sure that Skylanders 4 would be announced at Toy Fair, even a few days before it. And there were like a thousand interviews saying "no announcement!". He is wrong quite often which doesn't mean he's wrong this time, too.

If somebody knew something he wouldn't be allowed to tell anybody...
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:07:18 14/04/2014 by myskylanders
#46 Posted: 13:02:52 14/04/2014
I was only hinting it. smilie

Quote: wgeorge111
Quote: scratchking22
If you guys are stressing out over the "couple of months" thing, it probably shouldn't be taken litteraly. Instead, expect more news at E3 2014.

Quote: lesty
You'll hear it a lot sooner than that. Preorders should start in early May.

All the major fall release titles want to start pre-orders by May and carry on through the summer.

I think a lot of you do not realize Matteomax has some kind of connection with lesty.

Thank you.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:09:43 14/04/2014 by Matteomax
#47 Posted: 13:14:45 14/04/2014
^ Then don't say it like it's fact. smilie
#48 Posted: 21:46:51 14/04/2014
Probably not true at all, but it may still be worth the view.

---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:50:12 14/04/2014 by Drek95
#49 Posted: 21:52:10 14/04/2014
Those pics are garbage. fan made.
---
#50 Posted: 21:56:01 14/04/2014
Mmmh... More like from another game, than fan made.
But yes, I do agree.
Posted mostly because some of those knight's designs are really cool! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me