Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Dude, Where's Doom Stone? (speculation topic)
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Dude, Where's Doom Stone? (speculation topic) [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 23:35:09 16/03/2014 | Topic Creator
doom stone. the holy grail of swap force. the last one.

we know he's got an unreleased partner in crime, punk shock, but she's got a solid release date and is out in some parts of the UK.

but, WHERE'S DOOM STONE?

now here's some logic: he may come out down under first.

remember how wham shell and series 2 drobot came out in australia first before US or UK? (in drobot's case, never over in the UK)

i believe doom stone, regular punk shock, and lightcore bumble blast will be out in australia before all others. just my 0.02.

what's your speculation?
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 23:56:58 16/03/2014 by Matteomax
Gohdan Green Sparx Gems: 289
#2 Posted: 01:08:14 17/03/2014
I think he will come out unexpectedly in April or May, and someone will spot him, he won't be revealed over internet news like others. That's my speculation.
---
"Home is a pin...humanity...cattle."
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#3 Posted: 03:15:29 17/03/2014
what if the worst happened and it was Lightcore Hex 2.0?
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#4 Posted: 03:33:27 17/03/2014
He will be the pack in figure with Skylanders four. Or he will be the pre order bonus for when you come to pick up your prepaid skylanders 4 or You have to take a picture of all 15 swappers that you own and send it in to Acti and they will send you doom stone for free. FYI most likely Doom Stone will be Fritos Lay's next give away contest! The quest to buy and eat more chips. LoL........ Doom stone will be Toy Fairs give away next year and only the people that attend will get one.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#5 Posted: 04:02:38 17/03/2014
He will be in Wave 5 in May-June.
---
bye
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#6 Posted: 13:36:28 17/03/2014
Quote: newkill
He will be in Wave 5 in May-June.

Every bit of evidence suggests that this is true. Or maybe even April if we're lucky.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#7 Posted: 15:08:14 17/03/2014
Quote: Windumup

Although not impossible, I really doubt Activision would pull that. Saving Lightcore Hex for Swap Force wasn't too bad, since she already had two figures out, Series 1 from the first game and a Series 2 that arrived in Wave 2 of Giants. Doom Stone is a new unique character that most kids/collectors are now waiting for.

Obvious choice for holding one last Swap Force figure for a fourth game is Lightcore Bumbleblast. He already has two versions available, Series 1 and Jolly, so I don't think many are hoping he comes out soon to buy up.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#8 Posted: 21:32:30 17/03/2014
I cant see them holding doom stone for sky4. He's just the last swapper and they are holding him so they have something to sell with the rest of swap force. Last swapper gets ppl into stores.
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#9 Posted: 22:05:42 17/03/2014
Plus the fact that they've been advertising him as the "bonus of the day" actually in the Swap Force video game leads me to belive we'll see him sooner rather than later.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#10 Posted: 03:15:02 24/03/2014
I think he will be like ninjini, hard to find for a while then BOOM you see tons of him
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#11 Posted: 06:53:48 24/03/2014
May and onwards.
---
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#12 Posted: 11:28:37 24/03/2014
This just in: Doom Stone will be initially released in a bundle pack with a Tombstone frozen pizza, at least in the USA. Be sure to check the frozen foods aisle at your local grocery stores.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#13 Posted: 13:33:31 24/03/2014
Quote: BahamutBreaker
This just in: Doom Stone will be initially released in a bundle pack with a Tombstone frozen pizza, at least in the USA. Be sure to check the frozen foods aisle at your local grocery stores.

Yep and long john silvers is giving wicked thumpback in their happy meal toys!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#14 Posted: 13:34:39 24/03/2014
A Tombstone Doom Stone? Boom ...stone.
I noticed that on Nitro Freeze's Spinny thing, Doom Stone is on there as a possible swap. So perhaps we'll be seeing him sooner than later.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#15 Posted: 13:51:04 24/03/2014
Quote: spyroflame0487
A Tombstone Doom Stone? Boom ...stone.
I noticed that on Nitro Freeze's Spinny thing, Doom Stone is on there as a possible swap. So perhaps we'll be seeing him sooner than later.

He's on regular freeze blades and night shifts too. My guess?, sometime in May at the latest thou I feel more like April.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#16 Posted: 15:39:32 24/03/2014
I believe that Doom Stone suffers from "Wham Shell Syndrome" in that he is massively OP. They are going to hold him until the last possible minute, just like WS, due to this. Just read this moves in the strategy guide. I think he is going to be a walking nightmare.

Just me $.02

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#17 Posted: 15:50:54 24/03/2014
I must be ineffective with Wham Shell, cause he doesn't feel OP to me. You're probably right about Doom Stone, though. Most of the new guys feel OP compared to the legacy line up for the most part.

Quote: Dahvoo
Quote: Windumup

Although not impossible, I really doubt Activision would pull that. Saving Lightcore Hex for Swap Force wasn't too bad, since she already had two figures out, Series 1 from the first game and a Series 2 that arrived in Wave 2 of Giants. Doom Stone is a new unique character that most kids/collectors are now waiting for.

Obvious choice for holding one last Swap Force figure for a fourth game is Lightcore Bumbleblast. He already has two versions available, Series 1 and Jolly, so I don't think many are hoping he comes out soon to buy up.

Hex was just a LC, a core guy like this--no way they wait. They would have people leave this game in droves if they did that.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:52:19 24/03/2014 by GhostRoaster
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#18 Posted: 16:40:28 24/03/2014
I personally think they won't wait and give a Swap Force figure for pre-order. It kinda backfired. It swamped shelves with figures no one wants anymore since they had to ship whole boxes of her. They missed their chance to sell her when she would be popular by waiting, and all it did was give people a figure that wasn't highlighted in the next game. By the time we got LC Hex, we had plenty more interesting figures to play with and she was an afterthought.

There are two courses they could take for pre-orders that I think would be very popular this time:

1. Make Jade Fire Kraken the bonus, he is a popular figure (he sells a lot in regular form). HOWEVER, this time make him available when you pre-order, and you have to put $20 down to get him, in order to get the figure for "free" you have to buy the game when it comes out. That way you lock people in and don't have them making preorders they won't pick up (for the most part). Make that the only way to get him, but ship enough that it won't be a problem. It gets fans invested in the next game early, and back playing the old game again to build up excitement. They could announce it at E3 in June as a "get it right now at your local stores" when they first present the game. People would rush to the stores immediately to pre-order, generating lots of media buzz.

-or-

2. Make a pre-order figure to be a variant of a figure for the new game. That way you can wait until it comes out and Target/etc. can keep using their $1 card policy on preorders. People would love that and they wouldn't be holding back content for the previous game.
#19 Posted: 18:40:36 24/03/2014
Quote: defpally
I personally think they won't wait and give a Swap Force figure for pre-order. It kinda backfired. It swamped shelves with figures no one wants anymore since they had to ship whole boxes of her. They missed their chance to sell her when she would be popular by waiting, and all it did was give people a figure that wasn't highlighted in the next game. By the time we got LC Hex, we had plenty more interesting figures to play with and she was an afterthought.

There are two courses they could take for pre-orders that I think would be very popular this time:

1. Make Jade Fire Kraken the bonus, he is a popular figure (he sells a lot in regular form). HOWEVER, this time make him available when you pre-order, and you have to put $20 down to get him, in order to get the figure for "free" you have to buy the game when it comes out. That way you lock people in and don't have them making preorders they won't pick up (for the most part). Make that the only way to get him, but ship enough that it won't be a problem. It gets fans invested in the next game early, and back playing the old game again to build up excitement. They could announce it at E3 in June as a "get it right now at your local stores" when they first present the game. People would rush to the stores immediately to pre-order, generating lots of media buzz.

-or-

2. Make a pre-order figure to be a variant of a figure for the new game. That way you can wait until it comes out and Target/etc. can keep using their $1 card policy on preorders. People would love that and they wouldn't be holding back content for the previous game.

I like 1, i always thought they should done this with lightcore hex. just make you pay the cost of the figure say in jades case 14.99 and that is your down payment for the game. When you pickup your order u get that off the purchase price.
#20 Posted: 18:47:11 24/03/2014
Quote: SlayerX11
I like 1, i always thought they should done this with lightcore hex. just make you pay the cost of the figure say in jades case 14.99 and that is your down payment for the game. When you pickup your order u get that off the purchase price.

I say $20, simply because it needs to be more than a figure price (and accommodate stores that charge more for swappers) to avoid people buying fake pre-orders for the cost of the figure. Yes, the money off at purchase does help, but I think they want to avoid people that "preorder" a bunch just to get the figures which throws off their allocation on release or drain their supplies of the figure for scalping purposes (as much as possible).
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#21 Posted: 07:01:27 01/04/2014
Has anyone else seen the new SSF commercial where they advertize the new figures Fryno, Trap Shadow, and Doom Stone with the announcer saying "available now" at the end? LOL. I hope that means Doom Stone will be out really soon!
#22 Posted: 11:56:02 01/04/2014
I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard that Doom Stone and LightCore Bumble Blast could possibly be out on the 6th at ToysRUs. Might not be true, but I dunno. Keep an eye open for a Hot Toy Alert.

And, no, it isn't a joke.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:10:10 01/04/2014 by Matteomax
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#23 Posted: 13:08:01 01/04/2014
Quote: PurpleSnurple
Has anyone else seen the new SSF commercial where they advertize the new figures Fryno, Trap Shadow, and Doom Stone with the announcer saying "available now" at the end? LOL. I hope that means Doom Stone will be out really soon!

I'd take that with a grain of salt. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get Doom Stone ASAP, but the TV commercials have never been any good indication of figure release. If they were, we would have gotten Freeze Blade months ago.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#24 Posted: 20:18:49 01/04/2014
Doom Stone now appears to be packaged not only with frozen pizzas, but will also be found at Verizon Wireless outlets, as part of a "Buy a Smart Phone, get a Doom Stone" promotion.

Sucks if you recently just signed a two-year contract with your cellular carrier.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Brca72 Green Sparx Gems: 368
#25 Posted: 20:01:54 02/04/2014
You are correct I saw the pizzas next to the Freeze Blade Pops and the variant flavor Nitro Freeze Blade Pops.
DutRank Blue Sparx Gems: 800
#26 Posted: 20:47:32 02/04/2014
Doom-Stone is one that I'm not really worried about. I'll buy him if I see him just so I can say I have all of the swappers and complete the checklist in the game. But he just doesn't look like a character I would use at all. I'm not going to go out of my way and wait outside ToysRUs like I did Freeze Blade and Trap Shadow.
#27 Posted: 20:56:23 02/04/2014
Quote: DutRank
Doom-Stone is one that I'm not really worried about. I'll buy him if I see him just so I can say I have all of the swappers and complete the checklist in the game. But he just doesn't look like a character I would use at all. I'm not going to go out of my way and wait outside ToysRUs like I did Freeze Blade and Trap Shadow.

Yeah, he really doesn't look all that special. But at least this year we are waiting on something new in Wave 5 instead of a figure that has been reposed twice already previous. Finding the last figure last was like Yay ... ok, Drobot S2 goes into the box, immediately after registering him, I think mine is still level 1. I was thinking Trap Shadow would be last, he at least looked interesting instead of Crusher 2.0 with a drill for legs.
#28 Posted: 01:53:06 03/04/2014
Quote: defpally

-or-

As good as Number 1 sounds it just won't happen. Too complicated for a simple preorder. Not to mention that stores like Target who use $1 preorder cards or Gamestop who's "minimum" requirement for a $59.99 game is only $5.

IF, and that's a big if, they do use Jade Fire Kraken as a preorder bonus it will be held until the day you pick the game up.
GoHeels999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1022
#29 Posted: 02:35:41 03/04/2014
It is kind of ridiculous to have to wait 9 months to get the last wave of figures.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#30 Posted: 03:07:30 03/04/2014
It seems like just yesterday folks were complaining that they were releasing them too fast... smilie
fuelbizkit Blue Sparx Gems: 890
#31 Posted: 18:57:16 03/04/2014
Quote: Matteomax
I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard that Doom Stone and LightCore Bumble Blast could possibly be out on the 6th at ToysRUs. Might not be true, but I dunno. Keep an eye open for a Hot Toy Alert.

I too heard the same thing last weekend from a very helpful employee at a TRU that something big was going on this weekend at TRU and he thinks it's Doom Stone. He seemed to know a lot about Skylanders and what everyone is looking for, so I hope he wasn't pulling my leg, lol.
#32 Posted: 19:08:48 03/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: fuelbizkit

I too heard the same thing last weekend from a very helpful employee at a TRU that something big was going on this weekend at TRU and he thinks it's Doom Stone. He seemed to know a lot about Skylanders and what everyone is looking for, so I hope he wasn't pulling my leg, lol.

this could be something.

keyword COULD.

taking this with a VERY big grain of salt.

since this stuff popped up on april 1st, i'm kinda scared.

not spreading any more rumors like last time.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:18:29 03/04/2014 by ZapNorris
Sharpeido Green Sparx Gems: 258
#33 Posted: 19:19:39 03/04/2014
This could be a possibility. They are setting up store fronts with Skylanders and they are leaving a gap for a row of a couple of skylanders. No labels on the pegs.
#34 Posted: 19:20:54 03/04/2014 | Topic Creator
just remember, this is just a possibility
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#35 Posted: 19:29:53 03/04/2014
multiple people could call their toysrus. If we get multiple conformations across country that could sufice for proof however if doomstone was about to be released ebay would probably have it or sources of early leaks but wont know till you try
#36 Posted: 19:35:23 03/04/2014
I'll be talking with live customer service in a little bit. Maybe they can confirm the rumors.
---
#37 Posted: 19:35:45 03/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I'll be talking with live customer service in a little bit. Maybe they can confirm the rumors.

good luck
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#38 Posted: 19:39:41 03/04/2014
Yeah, don't know if this could be a possibility. We all know Doom Stone would be on Ebay by now, seeing as this "event" is only 3 days away.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#39 Posted: 19:44:07 03/04/2014
Of course, they could be holding back shipping on all the boxes.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#40 Posted: 20:01:14 03/04/2014
Quote: GoHeels999
It is kind of ridiculous to have to wait 9 months to get the last wave of figures.

Yeah that would be ridicules however it's only been 6 months since launch.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#41 Posted: 20:02:20 03/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Of course, they could be holding back shipping on all the boxes.

talked to customer service yet?
#42 Posted: 21:49:01 03/04/2014
Alright, here's what I got:

They have no clue, chat has no info, nor does the phone line. smilie

We're just gonna have to wait and see.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:06:29 03/04/2014 by Matteomax
#43 Posted: 22:17:08 03/04/2014 | Topic Creator
i don't think this is gonna happen.
cazper6687 Green Sparx Gems: 152
#44 Posted: 22:23:10 03/04/2014
Did anybody try to call any tru's yet? I called the manger at my store around 1pm ET and he said he had nothing, but it might not show up till sat if it's for sun. I will call again fri and sat ill let everybody know what I hear, unless someone post info b4 me.
#45 Posted: 23:00:03 03/04/2014
Alright, here's what I got:

They have no clue, chat has no info, nor does the phone line. smilie

We're just gonna have to wait and see.

Customer service is the last person you want to ask about release dates. They are clueless. I called last week to file a complaint with a store who wouldn't sell me the Easter Skylanders and they couldn't tell me I there was a street date(there wasn't) or if there wasn't.
#46 Posted: 00:45:34 04/04/2014
No Hot Toy alert, sadly, but this could be a similar release to Sheep Wreck Island, Arkeyan Crossbow, or the recent LCs.
---
#47 Posted: 00:46:21 04/04/2014 | Topic Creator
i don't think it's happening
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#48 Posted: 01:30:20 04/04/2014
Probably not happening, but the Hot Toy alert often didn't show up in my email until the morning of the actual release.
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#49 Posted: 17:41:32 04/04/2014
Okay, so I just called my local target (in Toronto, Canada) to ask about nitro freeze blade. While talking to her she said that there was a mix up in the store and they were not supposed to be out until April 6th. She then asked to make sure I was talking about the $9.99 skylanders on sale. I explained that I meant nitro freeze blade (which she went and checked and did have out. ones on hold for me right now smilie!). But I thought I would alert that I too have now heard about an April 6th date, and that it was at a Canadian Target. Not sure what it is, but she said it was a $9.99 skylander. (Granted, she didn't work in electronics and could be mistaken)
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
#50 Posted: 17:44:36 04/04/2014
Quote: alegeobla
Okay, so I just called my local target (in Toronto, Canada) to ask about nitro freeze blade. While talking to her she said that there was a mix up in the store and they were not supposed to be out until April 6th. She then asked to make sure I was talking about the $9.99 skylanders on sale. I explained that I meant nitro freeze blade (which she went and checked and did have out. ones on hold for me right now smilie!). But I thought I would alert that I too have now heard about an April 6th date, and that it was at a Canadian Target. Not sure what it is, but she said it was a $9.99 skylander. (Granted, she didn't work in electronics and could be mistaken)

Neither Doom Stone nor LC Bumble Blast are that price, unless they've decided to really drop the prices to get rid of overstock.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me