Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 18 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
High School vs. Aliens (Private)
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#851 Posted: 22:41:48 19/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Elim watched as Motherbot took the boy away before sighing softly, one of the few very expressions he made. That was it. They’d done it. The boy was out of the school building and into a secure place where his memories of the past several hours could be altered and his leg could be easily be tended to. This potentially disastrous problem had been resolved without any sort of interference. They had gone through their first day on Earth without being violently exposed to the humans, or intercepted by the Brotherhood. While things hadn’t gone perfectly, they never really did on these sorts of missions, and so the Targibbon was just content in knowing that things were going relatively smoothly, considering all of the things that could go horribly wrong.

Turning to Syndral upon hearing her comment, he acknowledged what she’d said, though as usual, his face didn’t betray any sort of annoyance. Not only was this because Elim simply just didn’t express his feelings, but also because he simply was not annoyed by this piece of information, unlike his comrades. In truth, he was neither pleased nor troubled by another Order agent’s presence; he simply took it for what it was. So, again, Elim was left somewhat confused as to why his fellow comrades were seemingly so agitated by this new development. Understanding other people’s feelings was not something he excelled at, so he was uncertain as to why they felt the way they did. Had he missed out on something? Had something happened that he was unaware of to make both Syndral and Morph react this way? He wasn’t sure.

Looking to Morph, he answered his comment in saying simply, “This mission is hardly the time for proper introductions. Our duties are of the utmost importance – formalities hardly apply here.” And in his mind, it was true. He didn’t see the other Order agent’s presence in the house as rude or a home invasion. In his mind, the unknown agent was simply there to get down to business as quickly as possible, and arriving at another agent’s base was probably the most logical way to do that. It ensured that they were in a safe place upon their arrival, and guaranteed that all of them would be meeting up so they could combine their efforts together. It seemed reasonable enough to Elim, though his mindset was certainly very different from others’.
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#852 Posted: 23:18:57 19/04/2016
Syndral considered Elim's words. She had to admit that he had a point, but she still didn't like it. She wasn't sure why exactly it bothered her so much. It wasn't like this was her house on her home planet. She didn't actually live here, she was just using the house as a cover. Still, while on this planet, it was technically her house for the time being. It may not have been her home, but she was living here for now.

Zvarraniks hated having their homes intruded, and such an act would usually be met by an aggressive guard bot. They rarely even had guests. When they did, however, they had to be invited in, and usually even invited to the house in the first place. Zvarraniks also liked having an advanced notice on visits, so that the house could be in perfect condition when they arrived. A visitor's presence had to be expected and granted for a Zvarranik to feel comfortable with them being in their personal space. They were very private, and wouldn't let just anyone into their home. They also wouldn't let anyone rummage through their things, and leave them unsupervised. Guests were to be tended to at all times to make sure they didn't make themselves too comfortable. Granted, the house itself wasn't exactly Syndral's personal space, but she still didn't want anyone there without permission, and especially not while she was even home.

Syndral sighed irritably. "Let's just see who it is." The sooner they figured out why they came, the sooner they could be sent away. The Zvarranik headed over to a back door that led to the kitchen and headed on inside. As she stepped into the living room, she saw who it was. Wait. She recognized that agent. Her eyes narrowed with a glare. "What are you doing here? Why are you in my house?" She hissed.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#853 Posted: 23:58:14 19/04/2016
"Hmm... well, you have a good point," Morph admitted, allowing himself to calm down again. Everyone comes from a different culture, and maybe this particular agent didn't have formalities-- or privacy-- in mind. He followed Syndral inside, and despite the intruder, decided to take a moment to familiarize himself with his surroundings before continuing into the living room. It seemed normal enough. Neat, pristine, practical and convenient. Just as she liked.
As soon as he heard Syndral's hissing tone, he rushed to where she was. It must be somebody she really didn't like. He peered around her and gave an audible groan. His lips twitched and his hair stood on end. Not him, of all agents.
#854 Posted: 00:56:51 20/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Elim trailed after his fellow agents, eager to get inside where they could take off these ridiculous human faces and go over what they had discovered thus far. They were all probably waiting for the moment they no longer had to wear their disguises, but Elim was probably the most anxious for that time to come. Unlike most species, Targibbons do not have lungs. Instead, they breathe through their skin. While his current human disguise was designed to permit the passage of air– and thus allow him to breathe– it was still rather uncomfortable wearing it for extended periods of time, similar to a human wearing a mask over their face.

So the first thing he wanted to do once he got inside was at least remove the mask that covered his head so he could breathe a bit more easily, but Syndral’s angry hissing from the other room stopped him dead in his tracks. He did not take the time to register her actual words. All he knew was that she was hissing up a storm, and in that moment, that meant danger. The notion that this was supposed to be another Order agent was completely tossed aside. The Zvarranik wouldn't be reacting like this unless there was trouble.

So as Morph darted into the living room, Elim followed suit, only his mind was on red alert, considering the possibility of an intruder or the like. He slipped a letter opener he kept up Mr. White's sleeve into his hand as he went, ready to face whatever threat it was that made Syndral react so strongly. As it turned out, however, the man who sat in the chair was not the sort of threat that could be taken care of with a mere letter opener. This individual was an entirely different menace, one that could not be dealt with at all, for he was now supposed to be their ally.

Well, he could certainly see why Syndral had reacted so strongly to this.

Despite being a fellow agent of the Order now, Elim was not going to let his guard down around this man. He kept the letter opener in his hand, not bothering to conceal it. He wasn't planning to actually use it, but he wasn't about to disarm himself, either. Besides, if a weapon in hand happened to give the man the message that Elim wasn't messing around or was so naive as to think that all past hostility was completely dissolved now, then that was just a bonus.

Still, despite the makeshift weapon in hand, the Targibbon wasn't about to start a fight, physically or verbally. Whether any of them liked it or not, the Skargoran was part of the Order now, so it would be unprofessional to let their personal feelings get in the way. They had a mission here on Earth, and they needed to work together to ensure the greatest likelihood of success in their research and remaining undetected. He could only hope that the others saw it the same way.

Staring at the seated man with an expression that was largely impassive, yet with the slightest touch of guardedness, he acknowledged him by saying simply, “Mr. Scourger,” as his way of greeting. There was neither warmth nor coldness in his voice; he was simply recognizing him as another member of the Order.
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:22:56 08/04/2017 by Wylrin
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#855 Posted: 02:46:03 20/04/2016
I listen to the group speak, but say nothing. Zurgon talks about his first day of school, the people he met, the ups and downs; as well as his impressions on humans. As the conversation gets more focused on Zurgon in general, I still remain silent, but some tears fall down my cheeks, as the screams of terror of my people, the crackling of the flames, the cries of theships' guns of The Galactic Order and so much more,fill in the air around me. The events of The Days With No Sun will and can not be forgotten. Taking some tissue, I dry my eyes, before turning my attention back to the others, my family and friends. Looking briefly at the sandwitch that feel on the floor, I remove a small device from my pockets and it crawls onto the ground, scanning as well as cleaning the sandwitch. Little arms work away at it, preping it for consumption. Then it picks the sandwitch up and flies over to Zurgon, placing it beside him. With a slight bow, the little finger bot speaks. "Your sandwitch sir. Free of all unwanted germs and other yuck from the floor. Enjoy!" Then with a whirl and a chirp it becomes a small steel ball, returning to my jacket pocket and shutting down.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 00:32:59 23/04/2016 by Wyrstel
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#856 Posted: 08:54:06 20/04/2016
That's more like it. He thought to himself with a large smirk upon his blood red face. The wait was so worth the reaction, especially Syndral's, it wasn't exactly unwarranted, seeing as what he did to her in the past, what he'd done to all of them. Of course, bygones were bygones and this was the present so any animosity between the four would have to be put aside for this mission, of course he did hope that not all animosity would be thrown away, Rexar did like a good confrontation and he knew for sure that it would be difficult, especially for someone such as Syndral, to keep her anger towards him in check.

"Well, is that really anyway to treat an unwanted guest?" Rexar stood, his overwhelming figure shadowing the three, of course Elim was tall, but Rexar was huge, in muscle, in height, in everything, and it added to the menace. The reptilian creature went down the line of his former teammates, starting with Elim. "Elim, well, you haven't changed a bit, not exactly a good thing, but I admire your commitment to being boring and unemotional as always." Next he turned to the small reptile, the hair on his green puffy antennas seemed to stand on end, it was amusing. "Morph Mitosim, my favorite little punching bag, of course that was in the past, I reeaaaaallly hope we can start over, you seem less...Tense, that's good, I hope that means we can avoid any altercations, I mean, of course that boy you attacked couldn't avoid it...." Rexar sarcastically placed a hand over his mouth as to stop from spilling anymore. "Oops, guess I've said too much, but yes, I do know, and no, the Order won't be pleased." Finally he turned to his "pal" Syndral. "Ah, my old flame, looking as beautiful and terrifying as ever, don't get too mad, we don't want you to burst that cute little black heart of yours." Satisfied with his assertion of dominance in his eyes he moved on to bigger things.

"Oh! But Rexar! What are you doing here? How do you know we have a boy stashed in my lab!" Rexar mocked the three, he was having plenty of fun with this, oh he'd missed this, his missions usually were so serious but this was fun. "It's easy...Do you reaaaally think that the Order would send you three down here. Alone? After what happened on Lama Yaqaan?" The creature burst out laughing, his voice bellowing throughout the farthest reaches of Syndral's false home. "I've been here the entire time, of course I was only to interfere if things got reaaaalllly bad, now, Morph, let me ask you a question concerning that dried blood on your teeth, most likely from that little kerfuffle you had with the boy in the gym, ah yes, I was there too. So anyways, my question, little buddy....Do you think that things got reeeeaaallly bad?" His lighthearted jesting was now turning into rage, the anger in his voice ramping up. "Because, if it were me on the sidelines, watching my teammate, who by the way, had already has been reprimanded for his temper, attack a specimen we were sent to STUDY, in a crowded area, WITH WITNESSES! Well...I WOULD BE VERY, VERY, VERRRY ANGRY! AND GUESS WHAT I AM RIGHT NOW, "MORT", I AM VERY ANGRY, BECAUSE EXPERIMENTATION SHOULD ONLY HAPPEN TO THOSE WHO WON'T BE LOOKED INTO, WON'T BE NOTICED ARE MISSING, AND WON'T BE MISSED, AND IF YOU WERE TO DO SUCH A THING, YOU WOULDN'T DO IT IN FRONT OF THOSE WHO COULD OUT YOU AS AN OTHERWORLDY BEING SO EASILY BECAUSE OF YOUR LOW TECH NON-TOUCH DISGUISE WHICH DOESN'T EVEN HIDE YOUR BITE MARKS!" Each step he took was a step closer to Morph, Rexar could usually keep his cool, but this was something inexcusable and could have blown the mission.

Rexar took a few steps back and stood up straight to adjust his collar which had been tightening on his due to the veins bursting out of his neck. "Of course that's all in the past, and it won't happen again....Will it?"
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#857 Posted: 11:52:45 20/04/2016
It was at this point that Morph was very thankful he hadn't taken off his disguise before. His limb extensions made him taller, and his wig hid the fact that his actual hair was standing on end. Although, he suspected that Rexar knew he was frazzled already.
When it was his turn for the blood-red reptilian to talk down to, he looked him dead in the eye, struggling to seem as unafraid as possible. It was just a scare tactic, and he wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of-- **** it, how did he know that?! He couldn't bear to look at him anymore and turned his gaze down to the floor, feeling hot and embarrassed.
When Rexar moved to Syndral, the mammalian alien suppressed a growl. Now he was really pissed. But he had to stand his ground, and not do anything rash again. Subconsciously moving his tongue over his teeth, he continued to stare at his feet. Just block it out, just block it out, he thought, until out of nowhere Rexar started bellowing at him. The suddenness of his change of tone and volume made him yelp and leap back like a frightened cat would. He grasped the wall he was leaning on for dear life, wide-eyed and breathing heavily.
It ended as quickly as is started, but Morph still felt the repercussions of Rexar's sudden turn towards aggression, shivering and clearly terrified. He shook his head and stood up straight. "No, sir. It won't happen again," he stated in as flat as a tone he could muster, although his voice was still quavery.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:19:10 25/05/2016 by Waaksian
#858 Posted: 19:32:08 20/04/2016
Syndral glared daggers and gave another hiss when Rexar addressed her. While she didn't quite understand all that he had said to her, she honestly didn't care to know. For once, it just didn't interest her, much like this conversation so far. She didn't even bother to reply to him, instead deciding to only hiss at him. She only wanted him to get to the point, why the heck was he in her house like he owned the place? Then the answer was made clear.

The Zvarranik's expression didn't change. So he knew already. Figures her attempts at covering the mess would be for nothing. She was afraid of that, although she didn't dare show any signs of that to him. So he was specifically sent to check in on them? She figured it could happen, but him?She gave another hiss. Of all the agents, they had to send Rexar? And to make matters worse, they were basically already in trouble, and on the first day.

When Rexar stepped towards Morph, making it very clear how angry he was, Syndral gave a venomous snake-like hiss. Normally, she could keep her hissing in check and make it sound at least passable for a human. Now, however, she sounded like a rattlesnake giving a warning of back off or else. She darted in front of Morph, glaring at Rexar. "The imperfections and mistakes of the mission have already been made apparent, you do not have to state them so eloquently." Her tone was bitter, almost sarcastic. "Everything has been accounted for, and I will personally see to it that this error be corrected. Your services are not needed here." She finished with a hiss, wanting to make it clear that he should be on his way out.
---
#859 Posted: 01:07:10 21/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Elim listened cautiously as Rexar spoke to each of them individually. The Skargoran's words that were directed toward him personally did not sting in the slightest. Being called unemotional was actually a compliment in his species’ unique perspective, and the idea of being boring didn’t bother him at all. In fact, he might have considered it to be a good thing. As an agent of the Order, much of Elim’s work required him to be a nameless, faceless entity that could slip in and out unrecognized by anyone. Surely if he were someone interesting or fascinating it would be difficult for him to maintain a low profile. It was better that no one thought anything of him on his missions, and if being boring was a way to ensure that he remains incognito, then he considered the trait in question to be a good one to have in his line of work. So the words directed at him didn't bother him in the slightest.

It was the words that were directed at his comrades that put him on edge.

He watched Rexar very carefully as he addressed Morph, almost as if he were expecting the larger man to lunge at the Kwuerk at any moment. As he listened to their exchange - or rather, as he listened to Rexar talk and watched Morph take it all in - he found that he did not at all appreciate the way Rexar was addressing his smaller comrade. Referring to him as a punching bag - an object whose sole purpose was to be beaten - was not only completely unnecessary and downright belittling, but also... very telling. The large, muscular alien spoke of their previous confrontations as being "in the past". If that truly was so, why refer to Morph as a punching bag right now, in the present? His words - and general outward bearing - towards Morph seemed to confirm that there was still bad blood between them, despite them all being on the same side now. It made him consider the possibility that Morph might be in some degree of danger, and that was something he could not allow.

Elim scarcely had time to think further on it, for Rexar was speaking to Syndral now. If the Targibbon hadn't liked the Skargoran's words towards Morph, he definitely didn't appreciate his words towards Syndral. He doubted the Zvarranik really understood what Rexar was saying to her, but Elim did. Had it been years ago, he would have been just as clueless - if not more so - as Syndral when it came to such things. But he'd worked with a comrade in the past who had... enlightened him on certain subjects, so he knew damn well what Rexar was saying to her, and he did not like it. His grip on his letter opener tightened ever so minutely. How could he have the audacity to even consider saying such things to her? And the fact that Syndral didn't even understand what he was saying just made it ten times worse. It was a... disturbingly familiar scenario, and Elim needed to put a stop to it.

It turned out that he did not have to, however, for Rexar put an end to his individual targetting and instead returned to addressing them all. His mention of Lama Yaqaan confused him slightly for a moment. Yes, Lama Yaqaan had been... disastrous, for lack of a better word. But that was hardly their fault. The planet possessed properties that no one - not even their superiors themselves - had seen coming. The mission would have gone wrong from the start regardless of who the Order had sent there. So the insinuation that the three of them were somehow at fault and simply could not be trusted on any other mission would have had Elim raising a skeptical eyebrow, had he been human. This couldn't be how the Order viewed the three of them. It made no logical sense. It seemed more likely that Rexar simply enjoyed accentuating the more regrettable occurances in their past. Rather... unprofessional, to quote Morph's earlier words. Would Rexar be letting his personal feelings about them tainting his view for this entire mission? He certainly hoped---

Well, that answered that. As he continued to speak, Rexar became more and more infuriated, his rage and aggression targetted at Morph due to the incident in the gym, apparently. When the Skargoran actually took a few steps closer to the Kwuerk, however, acting as though he might pummel the smaller man for making such an error, Elim felt the need to intervene. He stepped in front of Morph alongside Syndral, and while the two of their thin, tiny frames would hardly stand in the way of Rexar's monstrous form should he choose to charge, hopefully it sent a clear enough message that the man was going too far. The three of them had been over this already. What had happened in the gym was regrettable, and potentially disastrous, but the situation had been remedied quickly and to the best of their ability. All that remained now was for the boy's leg to be tended to and for his memories to be altered accordingly. Rexar going off like this was hardly necessary. What was done was done, and while it was true that Morph needed to understand the severity of the situation he had caused to prevent further incidents like this one, this was hardly the way to do that.

Elim didn't end up saying any of these things, however. He figured that any attempt at reasoning with the larger man would just make him explode again. So instead, he said calmly and quietly, "I would ask that you lower your voice. It would be unfortunate if we woke the neighbors." He hoped this simple reasoning would at least make Rexar realize that it wasn't advantageous to be yelling these sorts of things at such a volume. If he couldn't get him to calm down, then perhaps he could at least get him to quiet down. Either would be an improvement.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:36:50 08/04/2017 by Wylrin
#860 Posted: 01:30:51 21/04/2016
Morph, while still frazzled and shaken, was vastly surprised when his two comrades stepped in to his defense, putting a barrier between him and Rexar. He honestly hadn't expected this; they were protecting him? After what he had done? Granted, they probably wouldn't have just let someone scream in his face at the top of their lungs. Regardless, it relieved him. Even touched him. Perhaps he had been too hard on himself; a mistake like this was nothing to sniff at, but not quite so punishable. It didn't warrant their disgust and anger, like he had expected.

It sure did Rexar, though. Yet, despite being so uneasy in his presence, Morph now felt slightly less uncomfortable with his colleagues at his side.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:27:36 12/04/2017 by Waaksian
#861 Posted: 04:26:15 21/04/2016
Even at this hour, someone was riding around the neighborhood on a bicycle. The boy known as Dax Palmer was wearing a red and white t-shirt that said Vince's Pizzeria on it, as well as a matching baseball cap, with jeans and sneakers. He had a few boxes of pizza sitting in the basket as he pedaled down the street. Without even bothering to slow down and get off the bike, he picked up a box of pizza and flung it at the nearest doorstep. He proceeded to toss the other pizza boxes as well. As they hit the doors, people stepped out of their homes in their casual wear to retrieve the pizza. They hollered after the boy, yelling insults and even some curse words.

"Sorry!" Dax hollered back as he continued on. He was still new at delivering pizza, having only started just yesterday. His old job was delivering papers. He was fired for... Reasons. As he was left with only one pizza box, he came across Syndral's house. He picked up the box and tossed it at the door.

The Zvarranik blinked in surprise when she heard a thud outside. Did something just hit the door? Now what could that be? Sounded like there were people yelling, too. Hopefully, they hadn't heard any of what Rexar had shouted. "Excuse me." She said, before heading to the front door. She opened it up, seeing a pizza box laying at her feet. She looked around the neighborhood, seeing Jax, and a few angry neighbors. "I did not order this!" She called after the boy.

"Well, it's yours now, I guess!" He called back as he pedaled on. I'm probably going to get fired anyway, so what difference does it make...?

Syndral sighed. Well, at least she had guests. She picked up the pizza and headed inside, closing the door behind her. She walked back into the living room and looked at the others. "Well, we have dinner now, apparently. I am not certain what it is, but I suppose we can eat it." She said as she held out the box to her comrades.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:55:43 14/04/2018 by Cynder09
#862 Posted: 19:34:12 22/04/2016
"I think you're right, Elim." After Rexar's feat of anger, he with the utmost ease, slipped back into his normal, seemingly tolerable self. Of course he was still furious but he'd have to leave that in the past because the mission had already been messed up and there was no going back. The creature was content with Mort's response, it would be easy to control him for sure, he was aggressive but he was nothing more than a worm, a worm serving orders, whoever was the biggest or smartest, the most in control, owned Mort, and Rexar knew that.

In regards to Syndral's response he smirked. "And what if there's another slip up if I leave? I have a job to do and if you don't allow me to participate I'll just continue to spy on you. I already have more than enough information for the Order to vanquish you to the furthest reaches of the galaxy for screwing up this big this early" He was satisfied with the blackmail he presented, they had their backs to the wall and Rexar was what was keeping them there. The Order didn't have to know anything, just as long as the three played by his rules and let him join the team.

"Now, here's where we go from he-....Hmm?" At the interruption of the slam at the door, Rexar allowed Syndral to check what it was, it was her fake home of course so it would be idiotic for anyone else to check. When she returned he smirked once more. "It's called a Pizza, and you would know that if you'd read the manual on Earth food that the Order provided, of course I'm sure you were more occupied with reading the "How to Royally Screw Up a Mission: For Dummies" book instead.

"Yes, Syndral, smart as always, let's stall even more while a human child rests in the basement of your alien base, I do think you're making the correct choice there."
---
#863 Posted: 22:14:37 22/04/2016
Morph knew that Rexar was over-exaggerating the severity of the situation. It wasn't a complete failure. A stupid mistake that he deeply regretted and felt ashamed of, yes; making such an impulsive reaction could have easily been fatal for the mission, and it would absolutely find some way to bite them in the butt (err, or leg) later on. However, he knew what Rexar was getting at. He wasn't just talking out of his ass; he was blackmailing them. All of them. And the last thing anyone needed was for the Order to know how closely they had come to blowing the entire mission, on the very first day on the field, no less.

He knew what the foodstuff was that was, apparently, thrown at Syndral's door (why in this hour he could only wonder), but couldn't muster the courage or strength to defend himself. He continued to stand in silence, afraid to anger Rexar any further.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:37:25 12/04/2017 by Waaksian
#864 Posted: 22:33:40 22/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Elim blinked approvingly at Rexar's response, as well as the way he visibly relaxed. He was grateful that the tension had defused, though there was no telling what the future held for this mission and all of those involved. For now, at least, things had considerably calmed down, though the Skargoran, in response to Syndral's words, was now going on about his involvement in his mission. His words confused the Targibbon to some degree. What did he even mean by "if you don’t allow me to participate"? He was sent here by the Order, so his involvement in their mission was already absolute, unquestionable. There was no choice to be made, neither by Rexar himself nor himself or the others, nor was there any allowing Rexar to join their group. It had already been decided by their superiors, evidently, so why was he mentioning it as if it needed clarification?

He also seemed to be overestimating the severity of their situation. To be sure, they had encountered a problem that needed fixing, but they had very nearly resolved it now. Compared to the mishaps that tended to occur in other missions, this incident had been remarkably mild; no one had been exposed, and no one had been killed. And yet Rexar went on about it like it was an incriminating event that threatened all of their positions within the Order. Their situation was hardly that dire. Again, it seemed that Rexar was merely exaggerating whatever problems they encountered or mistakes they might make. It didn't really occur or register to Elim that Rexar was trying to blackmail them, but Elim did recognize that the Skargoran obviously still did not like them, and was apparently going to criticize wherever he could, not out of necessity for the success of the mission, but instead to simply vex old enemies. Was Rexar always like this on missions? Elim could not begin to fathom how someone who clearly prioritized personal feelings over the mission could possibly advance within the Order, but it was not Elim's place to be the judge of that.

He was brought out of his thoughts by a thump at the door, which Syndral went to go investigate. When she returned, with a cardboard box in hand, the Targibbon’s thoughts on the food it concealed within it were interrupted by Rexar’s words. The Skargoran was correct in identifying the type of food it was. Elim was familiar with pizza because he’d made a mental list in his head of food to avoid. Pizza had a lot of salt in it, which was definitely enough for the alien with certain amphibious traits to keep his distance from such a food item. His thoughts on the dangerous substance were interrupted again, for Rexar was still talking. Good Eluemadea, what was this all about? The constant jabs at all of them had been expected to some degree at first, since what else would you expect from a former enemy? But he was still going on, taunting or mocking them whenever he could. He did realize they were on a mission, didn't he? When were the childish insults going to end and be replaced by the necessary professional behavior?

One of Rexar's comments did, however, remind Elim of the matter at hand. They did still have to alter that boy's memories, and the sooner they started with that, the sooner this constant bickering would be over. Turning to Syndral, he suggested calmly, "We do need to finish what we started with the boy. His memories need altering."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:58:32 08/04/2017 by Wylrin
#865 Posted: 03:02:32 23/04/2016
Syndral set the pizza box down on a coffee table and crossed her arms. "Simple. We would fix the error, just like we have with this one." She stated, matter-of-factually.

"If you are to remain here as a partner, then I expect you to act like one." She said firmly. "This means, no intruding in my base without my permission." She hissed. "If you respect me, then I will respect you." She added that last part almost grudgingly. She still didn't like the idea of having to work with him, but she couldn't argue with her bosses on the matter. She wasn't about to let Rexar push her around, though.

"The problem is being dealt with, there is nothing worth reporting." She stated firmly. "You have nothing to use against me anyway. I have never failed a mission for the Order. Any error I happen to make is resolved. They are quite satisfied with my work." She said with an air of confidence. She was sure the Order wouldn't banish her anywhere. Zvarraniks were known for their amazing skills and work ethic, and she was the only Zvarranik agent. Surely they wouldn't want to risk losing her.

Syndral gave a snake-like hiss at Rexar's mockery. She gritted her teeth, her grip tightening on her folded arms. She likely would have replied if she wasn't fighting the temptation to shoot him in the face or retaliate in some other manner. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself before speaking. "The human is fine." She hissed, sounding less like a snake, but clearly not calm. "He is being tended to. I will see to him shortly, and I do not require your assistance for that. It only takes one agent to erase memories, and you are delaying me more than anything else." She would have already gone to her lab if she didn't have a guest.
---
#866 Posted: 15:38:37 23/04/2016
"****, now he's getting on to Syndral about it! She doesn't need to be threatened like this; it wasn't her fault!"

Morph sighed, but dared not too heavily. Why was Rexar threatening Syndral now? He was the one who screwed everything up; it was him who was in danger of being put on the spot by the Order. The Zvarranik had a perfect, pristine record, and this slip up would hardly faze them, even if it had been her fault rather than his. Morph, however, had a worrying amount of dirt on his credentials. If the Order saw that he was too violently prone and unhinged, they'd surely pull him out of the mission and keep him under the radar again; the very last thing he wanted. After finally getting to work with the two agents who had changed his life again? Not a chance!

There was no way Morph was going to test the man, in order to avoid any more blackmail threats, but he felt immensely guilty that Syndral was suffering the reciprocation of his own actions. She didn't deserve this, he did. And while he was immensely grateful for their support, he didn't want them to be hurt and threatened by Rexar as a result.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:53:23 12/04/2017 by Waaksian
#867 Posted: 23:04:41 27/04/2016
'Quite satisfied with my work' Rexar grunted And I suppose that's because they know not of any major screw ups, truly this is the biggest mistake she could've made, I doubt she's ever almost completely blown a mission so badly before...Of course I do suppose this was Morph's doing...I'll have to rethink my interrogation, for as long as Syndral is around, I can't get to Morph....Hmph, guess I'll play along as long as I have to.

"Well, then by all means, Syndral. Please, don't dally any further, you mustn't let me keep you...Just make sure you erase the correct memories." He spoke very condescendingly, as if he was better than everyone else. If there was any agent in the entire galaxy that didn't fear Rexar, that wasn't afraid to stand up, that agent would be Syndral, that would be problematic for what he really wanted.

//Guess we forgot about the Brotherhood, I'll make a Zurgon post either tonight or tomorrow.//
---
#868 Posted: 01:25:49 28/04/2016
Syndral gave a slight nod and turned to leave through the kitchen. She planned on taking the garage entrance down to the lab. While she was among allies, she figured they didn't need to be aware of every entrance to her lab, as well as how to access it. She had set up her security system to prevent entry to anyone she didn't allow access to, but one could never be too careful. This was her own private lab, and there were just some things she wanted all to herself.

However, when Rexar made that condescending remark, she froze in her tracks. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fists. She just about had it with his attitude. She couldn't stand his arrogance. So she marched over to the coffee table, picked up the pizza box, and shoved it in his hands. "How about you take this pizza to go?" She hissed, glaring at him. She honestly didn't care about the human food. She just wanted him gone, by any means necessary. Hopefully, he would kindly take the hint and let the door hit him on the way out.
---
#869 Posted: 05:53:44 28/04/2016 | Topic Creator
"That's enough," Elim asserted firmly. The volume of his voice had not risen in the slightest, but his tone had adopted a definite firmness to it. It was the sort of tone that Mr. White would use to silence rowdy students in his classroom, only this wasn’t school, and this most certainly was not Mr. White – at least, he wasn’t right at this moment, being within the confines of Syndral’s base and with no need to assume a human façade.

He sighed. It might have been due to annoyance, or the action might have served as a prelude of sorts, as the Targibbon sometimes sighed when he was about to do a considerable amount of talking. Though considering that he didn’t like to talk much unless he absolutely had to, then it might have been a mixture of both; he could very well be annoyed that he was required to talk more than he normally would given his choice.

Looking to Syndral and Rexar with a stern expression, he began, "This has gone on long enough. I know you zxicha" - here he pointed at each of them with the letter opener he held in his hand, emphasizing that they were both on the receiving end of this lecture, not just one of them - "like to make things more complicated than they need to be by letting your feelings get involved, so I endured it for a while. But this has continued longer than necessary. We all have our orders here, of which are indisputable, as well as our duties, which we must uphold. This sort of nonsense is only hindering our ability to make any sort of progress. I would think that our mission would take prevalence over anything else." He didn’t make any sort of comment that suggested he was siding with either of his comrades. Instead, it seemed as if he was addressing both of them equally.

While it was true that Rexar had started all of this, Syndral hadn't helped in defusing the situation, either. She'd retaliated in kind, and while that wasn't the most terrible thing she could have done, is was hardly professional in this scenario. Elim had given her a chance to slip away and retreat to her work, and she'd nearly taken that chance, but in the end, she'd ended up continuing to argue with Rexar. Well, what was done was done, but now they all needed to settle down and focus on their work.

Hoping to give everyone a chance to settle down, he said slowly and deliberately, "I am going into the kitchen to get out of this mask and rehydrate myself. I expect all of this to be resolved by the time I get back."

With that, he strode out of the room.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:18:31 08/04/2017 by Wylrin
#870 Posted: 19:29:25 30/04/2016
Name: Telai
Grade: 12th Grade
Personality: Willing to lend a hand or an ear for others if they want.
Human Appearance: He is a young, short handsome blind boy with long chestnut hair and gray eyes. His clothing varys but currently he is wearing a emerald green shirt with black jeans and tennis shoes. He carries a black and white cane.
Other: Uses his other senses to precieve the world around him and get around without his sight.
Edited 12 times - Last edited at 03:36:24 14/06/2016 by Wyrstel
#871 Posted: 21:07:12 30/04/2016
OOC: What I'm concerned about is the fact that there's no given information on his personality. If he has a history with other characters, then we should know what to expect, because our characters technically know him.

EDIT: Ah, okay. Thank you, that's much better. Just to let you know, most of the Order characters probably won't be able to help him very well. Elim and Syndral don't really understand emotions, and Rexar doesn't give a flying one about anyone. Morph is the only one who could offer a lot of support. For now, anyway. But that's OK, we always love more conflict and drama! smilie
Also, who is the love interest in question?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:06:02 01/05/2016 by Waaksian
#872 Posted: 01:52:29 01/05/2016
OOC: I'm not sure, but if we wanted it to be really interesting, he could be Plagarius's lover that he believes he lost. That would help explain why he has no kids. If not, than Syndal or Elim. Or even Morph.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:58:32 01/05/2016 by Wyrstel
#873 Posted: 02:04:34 01/05/2016
OOC: OK, this may be too complicated. For one, you didn't mention that not having kids was an issue for your character. Plagarius is from a totally different faction. Morph is heterosexual. From past experience with RPing with Elim and Syndral, neither of them would have been interested in a relationship, let alone with someone of a totally different species.
Also, you seemed to have left out important parts of the character sheet. What age is his disguise, and what grade is he in?
If you really want to throw some romantic drama in there, maybe you could do that with a human? There's already a case of that between aliens within one faction, and it would feel too cluttered since they're both in the same faction, with the same recipient (if with Syndral, that is).
But this is all me. It's really up to everyone else, and ultimately the GM, Wylrin.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:16:22 01/05/2016 by Waaksian
#874 Posted: 03:41:20 01/05/2016
OOC: He's in the same grade as Syndral. It doesn't matter to me if he is or is notthe lover of any of them. That is up to you guys. He could just be a dear friend, if that is what you decide.
#875 Posted: 04:14:44 01/05/2016 | Topic Creator
((OOC: Alrighty, Wyrstel, there are some things I’d like to address about your character before I can consider accepting him. :3

1.) You say that Telai is struggling with everyday life activities due to his blindness. A person who can’t function in everyday life would never be able to be accepted for a mission to a dangerous planet where one must hide their identity from both humans and members of the opposing faction. The Galactic Order is strict about who they employ to perform certain tasks, so anyone with a disability such as Telai’s would never be chosen by the Order to take part in such an important, dangerous task.

2.) You also say that Telai thinks very poorly of himself, and consistently relays this to the others. Like with Telai’s blindness, the Order wouldn’t allow someone potentially mentally unstable to take part in such a dangerous mission. Granted, all of our Order agents have their own problems, to be sure, but they can clearly function just fine despite their troubles or difficulties. You make it sound like Telai’s emotional state is bad enough to where it could interfere with his duties, and that is something that would keep the Order from allowing an agent to go on a mission such as this.

3.) Telai is described as someone who is loved by our Order agents. If this was the Brotherhood, I wouldn’t mind this, but the Galactic Order has a very different mindset regarding fellow agents. The bonds between Order agents are usually not as strong as the ones forged between Brotherhood agents. Our Order agents – Elim and Syndral in particular – are not the type to regard much of anything or anyone as beloved, so it would be out of character for them to hold such high esteem for Telai.

4.) As for a romantic relationship between Telai and another of our alien characters, I can’t really see that happening. As Waaksian said, Morph is heterosexual and Elim and Syndral are not fond of relationships. A romantic relationship between two members of opposing factions might make things complicated as well. I sort of want this roleplay to focus on the conflicts between the two factions themselves, not necessarily between specific members of each faction.

I can’t accept your character as it is because of these reasons, but if you made some changes to these certain aspects of Telai, I’d be happy to reconsider. :3))
---
#876 Posted: 19:42:14 01/05/2016
OOC: I changed it.
#877 Posted: 00:59:03 03/05/2016 | Topic Creator
((OOC: So how does Telai function with his blindness? Does he have other senses that allow him to “see”? The Galactic Order just couldn’t send a blind man on a dangerous mission, unless he had some other way of perceiving the world around him to compensate.

Also, have you talked to Lunarz about Rexar’s involvement in your character’s past? It seems in character of Rexar to do that sort of thing, but it’s Lunarz’s character, not mine, so ultimately you need his approval for that specific detail of Telai’s background.))
---
#878 Posted: 02:18:10 05/05/2016 | Topic Creator
((OOC: Hey Wyrstel, I just realized that you don’t have any human characters. It’s part of the rules to diversify between alien and human characters, so that we don’t become overrun with alien characters. We want to try and keep a balance between humans and aliens in this roleplay, as much as we can, anyways, so how about you make Telai a human student? :3))
---
#879 Posted: 06:49:25 05/05/2016
OOC: I don't know, I think I'll just stick to me, Valdar. I doubt The Galactic Order group would have a young blind high school age human living with them. I am an interesting enough character.
#880 Posted: 07:03:03 05/05/2016
ooc: That's not what she meant. No human would be living with any of the aliens. We just need more humans in general. I mean, think about it, we technically only have two human students as actual characters.

Besides, the Order agents don't all live together. They're not posing as a family like the Brotherhood are. They're just meeting up at Syndral's base because they had a mess to clean up, and maybe they'll hold a meeting to discuss how things are going. But then afterwards, Elim and Morph will go back to their own bases, and Rexar will be forced out Syndral's base one way or another. x3

So whether Telai is human or an Order agent, he will have his own place to live. Although you can stick to just Valdar if you want to.
---
#881 Posted: 07:19:18 05/05/2016
OOC: I think I will, stick to me, Valdar, because when he reveals himself, its going to get even more interesting.
#882 Posted: 00:06:22 06/05/2016
Rexar was ready to attack Syndral with more insults, he liked the game of cat and mouse, of course it was more like cat and cat. "Well at lea-..." The large brute was interrupted by his comrade. As the other began to speak Rexar listened, for even though he was a jerk, he was a fair jerk, and as Elim spoke Rexar couldn't help but grin, he'd missed Elim, and maybe it was due to the fact Elim could so easily control a room, but Elim was definitely Rexar's favorite, so much so that Rexar actually respected the Targibbon.

Rexar's eyes followed the man as he made his way out of the room and towards the kitchen, although the large red dinosaur-like alien enjoyed causing discomfort, he didn't want his comrades to be discomforted by anything other than him, an odd trait. "Well then." The large creature spoke as he opened up the box that had been so rudely thrusted into his arms with his top set of hands. "I guess I did go a bit overboard. My apologies." He took a heaping bite out of the piping hot pizza, chewing loudly before swallowing most of it whole in one large uneasy gulp. "Guess we'll just have to behave while working..."
---
Shadow-Cipher Yellow Sparx Gems: 1229
#883 Posted: 01:51:42 06/05/2016
I'm looking forward to working with you all! I'll be posting each character in a separate post to keep them from blocking together.

Alias: Anahita Ourania
Grade: 12
Faction: Galactic Order
Personality: She is a fierce woman, usually nice, but strange quirks that set her off. She is not physically aggressive, a trait difficult to get her to show. However, she can take offense to people and will take a blunt approach to knock them down. She will then soften up, as she dislikes enemies in her life. She is flirtatious, making these approaches to most new people she meets. She doesn’t like to be stood over and prefers to be in control of any given situation.
Opinion on Humans: Her race is a dominating one, always looking to other races to join their empire and stand by their side. Usually, they hold consistently friendly approaches. However, once her race draws disdain towards another, the vendetta is permanent and the enemy is considered a threat that much be removed. As a noble of her kind, she took to watching other races and seeing what to make of them, and humans were a race she acknowledged, but knew little of. What she did learn, though, she perceived as a threat. She believed humans would not do her race kindly and saw them as ones who would attempt to dominate her kind. As such, she personally marked humans as an enemy, and stands adamantly by that notion. She will stop at nothing to remove this threat to her species.
True Appearance: Her species has a strongly humanoid anatomy, with gender differences, body shape, bone structure, and even internal organs positioned very similar. The only true difference is her ears, which are short and pointed, similar to an elf. She has round, lively eyes pink in colour. Her skin is a faded baby blue in colour, so faded it almost could be considered white. Her body is adorned with beautiful decorative features, which she uses to add to her charm and attract others. She has hair, held up in a bun, as long hair is considered abnormal among her kind and must either be cut or constantly tied up. Her hair is dark, dull purple in colour. From behind her ears, grows large, purple feathery decorations, which trail down to her waist. A secondary set of feathers grows beside them, much shorter, same colour. Ruby colored gem-stones run down her arms and legs, four on each limb, and her belly and upper legs are blotched a slightly darker colour of skin. She has deer-like antlers on her head, carved to maintain appearance. Her hands have four fingers with sharp claws, but she has no toes. Her teeth are small, but sharp as razors. She stands around 7’1” in height.
Human Appearance: As a human, she shortens herself in height, standing instead at 5’11” so she can still be taller, but not abnormally so. She instead wears decorative accessories, obtained from a human fashion store, such as small feathers in the hair or bracelets, to replicate the beauty she otherwise would have naturally. Her hairstyle is the same, but she adds more black to hide the abnormal purple colouration. She hides her eye colour under a fake amber/brown like colour.
Other: Her species is called a Foveat.

Here's her schedule, courtesy of Wylrin.
8:00 – School begins
8:00-8:15 – Attendance/Breakfast
8:15-9:00 – Subject 1 (English – Mr. Normandy)
9:00-9:45 – Subject 2 (Math – Mr. White)
9:45-10:30 – Subject 3 (Science – Ms. Espinoza)
10:30-11:15 – Gym/Art
11:15-11:45 – Lunch
11:45-12:30 – Subject 4 (History – Mrs. Moore)
12:30-1:15 – Subject 5 (Language Arts – Mr. Hooten)
1:15-2:00 – Elective Class (Drama)
2:00-2:45 – Study Hall
2:45-3:00 – Dismissal
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:14:33 06/05/2016 by Shadow-Cipher
#884 Posted: 01:52:10 06/05/2016
Alias: Vester Davis
Grade: 12
Faction: Brotherhood of Worlds
Personality: He is a shy fellow, tending to avoid confrontations with others. While he is not good with approaching others himself, if one approaches him, he will try his hardest to be friendly, although he can find it challenging. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body, and thus if someone takes a hostile approach to him, he will usually flee or back down. He is creative and loves to show his abilities. He gets unnerved by people being sensitive to him, as he wants to support himself. He can be shaky and nervous, so try not to frighten him.
Opinion on Humans: He is wary of humans, recognizing their intellect and possibility for dangerous activities. He would approach them with wariness. However, he does not believe them to be an immediate danger, but instead something startling. He believes this fear can be overridden, and that humans could be an essential ally. The technology developed by humans he learns of, and compares it to his own, and wonders if humans could be of assistance to his creative nature. In his mind, he feels that if you approach someone with a friendly hand, conflict can be avoided, and two friends can meet in the center. As such, he is willing to put aside the fear he gets when thinking of a human, and be nice to them, for he believes every species deserves a good ally, and that you can never have enough of them.
True Appearance: He stands at a small 5’0” natural for his kind. He is fit and trim, given his agile lifestyle and that his kind does not store body fat. He is completely covered in thick, soft fur of a light brown in colour. On his face are two pairs of slim, narrow, cat-like eyes. They are faded orange in colour - a colour consistant amongst all males of his kind - with no discernable detail in the eye. They are simply colored slices in his sockets. He has three pairs of ears on his head, a large set placed where an animal would naturally have them, a shorter set below that, and an even shorter set below that. He has a short tail, similar to a Doberman. His hands have five fingers and his feet four toes, one placed upon the back of the heel.
Human Appearance: His height is unchanged, still standing at a perfect five feet, as is his body style. He adapts rather thick and unsightly hair of the colour of his fur, often tangled and messy. His eyes maintain their faded appearance and colour, but he can generally pass off the colour as amber. He wears simple clothes with no special decoration or design.
Other: His species is called Quaerere. His kind is completely blind.

Here's his schedule, also courtesy of Wylrin.
8:00 – School begins
8:00-8:15 – Attendance/Breakfast
8:15-9:00 – Subject 1 (Math – Mr. White)
9:00-9:45 – Subject 2 (English – Mr. Normandy)
9:45-10:30 – Subject 3 (Science – Ms. Espinoza)
10:30-11:15 – Gym/Art
11:15-11:45 – Lunch
11:45-12:30 – Subject 4 (Spare)
12:30-1:15 – Subject 5 (History – Mrs. Moore)
1:15-2:00 – Elective Class (Robotics)
2:00-2:45 – Study Hall
2:45-3:00 – Dismissal
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:15:29 06/05/2016 by Shadow-Cipher
#885 Posted: 01:52:27 06/05/2016
Name: Mr. Ferdinand Valentine
Grade: School Psychologist
Personality: He is a compassionate sort, caring deeply for the emotions of others, which is why he ended up in this career path. He frequently puts the concerns of others above his own, as he’s generally content with his life and thus would rather use his energy to help others, energy he has quite a bit of. He seems to be a very lively sort as well, with more than enough energy to get through the day, although he is in no way, shape or form hyperactive or annoying. He is, however, willing to approach random strangers with a friendly wave and smile, always putting his best foot forward to make a good impression. He uses a mixture of wisdom and kindness to connect with others and bring joy to their lives. He is usually sweet and gentle, but can be strict, although it’s usually for a good cause, to help others. His strict moments are usually short-lasting, and he would never actually be mean to anyone, as this sort of attitude upsets him.
Appearance: He is lithe and noble in appearance, although mayhap a bit scrawny. He is very specific in his attire, generally only wearing professional or fanciful outfits. His preferred wardrobe colours are red and yellow, usually with red being the primary colour of his attire and yellow being a secondary. He has straight hair which is carefully combed back over the top of his head. He often uses hair product to keep the hair styled precisely. He naturally has red hair, bright and shiny. He stands at only 5’7” in height, often times standing in a way that appears he is attempting to make himself appear taller. His eyes are a glistening amber in colour. He often can be seen wearing glasses, and although they are technically only for reading, he seems to prefer wearing them even when he isn't currently reading. Almost always does he wear an ascot tie of some sorts, always matching his colour preference.
Other: He has two sons, eleven and six in age.
---
#886 Posted: 01:57:11 06/05/2016 | Topic Creator
((OOC: Your characters are accepted, Miss Cipher! Glad to have you on board. smilie))
---
#887 Posted: 03:34:24 06/05/2016
Morph was greatly appreciative of Elim's intervention, although the Skargoran didn't seem too eager to leave. Not as eager as he wanted him to leave. His manners, his demeanor, his attitude... Ugh, show some tact, man. That's disgusting.
He unsettled him vastly. However, Morph was not in the right mind or place to urge Rexar to make his way out the door. Speaking did not seem to be a wise choice at the time. Or existing, for that matter.

OOC: Mmmmm, welcome.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:39:01 25/05/2016 by Waaksian
#888 Posted: 07:51:46 06/05/2016
When Elim's firm tone caught her ears, Syndral immediately turned towards him and cast her gaze to the floor. She closed her eyes as she listened to his words. It was instinct. She recognized that tone instantly and felt the need to listen and obey. Instinct said to lower her gaze in shame and simply accept the scolding and whatever punishment she was sure to get. She had been scolded too many times to not respond the expected way. She expected to receive a demoralizing rant and proper punishment for her actions.

However, it wasn't exactly the Targibbon that had this effect on her. In her mind, she recognized the tone, but she hadn't quite registered who was speaking to her. Her first thought was simply to follow protocol, not remember who was scolding her. In truth, her mind had gone back home to her people. Once her mind was convinced that a Zvarranik was speaking, she couldn't fight what she had been taught.

Even though her demeanor remained unchanged, a couple of words in Elim's speech reminded her that she was not back home with her kind. He was using a couple of words that a Zvarranik would never use. Plus, his speech was nowhere near as critical as a Zvarranik's would have been. Also, there had been no actual punishment. So this helped snap her out of her thoughts.

Still, it wasn't just the tone itself that effected her, it was Elim's whole persona. She wasn't intimidated by him, he just had enough similarities with the Zvarraniks to have some degree of control over her. He was a very composed and serious individual, and she identified with that. It just reminded her of home, minus all the demoralizing rants that made her feel lower than dirt.

It was why she liked the Targibbon and had a great deal of respect for him. He had a way of reigning her in at times and keeping her focused on the objective, while not having the arrogance to treat her like an inferior being. If he thought that way at all, it wasn't apparent to her. He seemed to view her as more of an equal, or at least more so than anyone back home. It was why she looked up to him and was more willing to follow his lead.

When Rexar spoke up, she opened her eyes, glancing at him briefly. She folded her arms and averted her gaze, trying to focus on anything else. She suppressed the desire to scoff at his observation. A bit overboard? He had to be kidding. Still, at least he did apologize. Although normally admitting to one's mistakes would help her to let go of her anger, she simply couldn't this time. She was still very much upset with him and wanted him gone. Usually, she would at least try to be civil, accept the apology, and recognize her own faults, but the words were caught in her throat. She didn't accept his apology. She wasn't sorry for snapping at him. He had crossed a line, and she wasn't willing to forgive him right now. He was the one that misbehaved in her eyes. She would have simply gone off to finish the job if he had just left her alone.

Syndral sighed, and without a word, headed into the kitchen. She completely ignored Elim, not even glancing at him as she went to the door. She stepped out into the garage, nearly slamming the door behind her. She activated the secret elevator and stepped inside, going down to her lab. She would send Motherbot up to deal with the guests for the time being. She just needed some alone time.
---
#889 Posted: 00:32:42 07/05/2016 | Topic Creator
The moment Elim walked into the kitchen, the very first thing he did was rid himself of his human mask. When Mr. White’s face was peeled away, revealing Elim’s cool green skin and large red eyes, the alien took a deep breath and sighed in relief. Seeing as how the Targibbon didn’t have lungs, he sighed differently than a human would. When he sighed, his entire body actually expanded slightly, then contracted suddenly, seeing as he breathed through the entire surface area of his body. It was somewhat similar to the way a human’s chest would noticeably rise and fall when they take a deep breath. You don’t notice a human’s chest moving when they’re breathing naturally, nor would you notice a Targibbon’s body seemingly inflate and deflate slightly. Instead, such a noticeable change only occurred when the agent sighed or his breathing was labored, the former of which had occurred just now.

With his mask off, he could breathe a bit more easily now, and his face was no longer concealed, which would make what he was going to do next much easier. Walking over to the sink, he turned on the water, adjusting the temperature so that it was neither too hot nor too cold. Shedding his human hands as well, he cupped some of the running water in his hands before splashing it on his face, almost as if he was trying to wash something off. For a few moments, the water droplets simply sat on his face, before they almost seemed to be soaked up by his skin. Targibbons could drink through their mouths like many other species, but they could also drink through their skin, as well. Elim preferred the latter method personally, as it allowed him to drink and directly moisten his skin at the same time.

So for a few minutes at the very least, the amphibian alien simply allowed his skin to soak up some much needed moisture. It would have been much more convenient and efficient if he were to submerge his body fully in water, but the agent still had yet to get back to his own base, and it would be bothersome to get out of his human disguise only to put it all back on to get to his home. So the Targibbon settled with this for now, allowing himself to rehydrate himself to a certain extent before finally shutting off the water.

He was just in the process of actually getting himself a glass of water to drink “the other way” when Syndral crossed through the kitchen. She said not a word to him, nor did she even acknowledge his existence. Instead, she merely made her way into the garage, closing the door behind her with entirely too much force. Elim neither said nor did anything in response to this. Instead, he merely took a sip of his water before heading back into the living room. Anyone else might have gone after Syndral, either to ask her what was troubling her or comfort her in some way, but the Order agent did neither of these. He knew that his comrade was a private individual, very much like he himself was, so it was best to merely leave her alone.

Entering the living room, Elim took a few moments to examine both Morph and Rexar. They were being rather quiet, and weren’t in the process of killing each other, which was always good. “I assume everything is in order now?” he asked, with a slight tone that insinuated, It better be.
---
#890 Posted: 01:03:40 07/05/2016
Morph was still in a huddled position, hunched over with his arms crossed. Only now he was switching his gaze between Syndral and Rexar. It was an tense moment, wondering if she had one more thing to say, and what it would have escalated into. However, she simply stormed off, leaving him to breath a sigh of relief. There wouldn't be any fighting between them... then he realized that he and the towering reptilian were alone together.
He was just about to be in the process of delivering a hastily conceived excuse and hightailing it out of there before Elim walked back in, out of his human disguise. "Yes, sir," he merely replied, closing his eyes and hoping he wouldn't ever leave the room again.
#891 Posted: 02:35:50 09/05/2016
((OOC: Wylrin... Psst... You spelled business wrong on your important update. I know this isn't important, but as a spelling snob, I am required to acknowledge it))
---
#892 Posted: 02:59:09 09/05/2016 | Topic Creator
((OOC: I wasn't saying "business". I was saying "busyness", as in the state of being busy. :3))
---
#893 Posted: 10:41:57 09/05/2016
((OOC: I was never taught to use that word. Haha! Allow me to thank the people who taught me that))
---
#894 Posted: 19:23:49 29/05/2016
OOC: I'm going to use Telai, just have him a human. Also a gift he recieved from others that he helped before going blind is a tablet that translates and rewrites brail into normal writing, so it can be understood. He also walks with a black and white cane.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:36:02 31/05/2016 by Wyrstel
#895 Posted: 04:07:16 10/06/2016
//If Telai is a human why would he need a futuristic device to read brail if he'd learn to read brail already? Him being blind is interesting tho.//
//Also hi I'm not dead. Dunno why i was gone so long, lack of motivation, medical things that i was terrified of, depression but uh, here I am...Sorry I love you//

Rexar had taken a seat once Elim and Syndral had relieved themselves of the living room and had relocated into the kitchen. It was easy for Rexar to stop himself, however sometimes he didn't know when he should stop, or simply didn't care, the thing was however, that when Elim, the one he considered in charge of the operation demanded the fighting to cease, he complied, and only because he held respect for Elim and his orders.

He would've started up a conversation with Morph had Elim not returned to the room inquiring as to whether or not Rexar had calmed himself from the previous fiasco of flying insults and tension. "Oh I don't think you'll have to trouble yourself with worrying about me any longer, I suppose it was just the lack of sleep that made me a bit cranky, you know us Skargorians, always grasping for a pillow but never able to put our eyelids down." He spoke calmly, with a sophisticated accent to show he was calm and collected, in complete opposition to when he was angry where he'd get loud and gruff.

"Perhaps Morph and I could go to the garage, discuss the mission, I'd love for him to fill me in on any missing details" He grinned, his razor sharp teeth glistening in his menacing smile. He relished at the idea of getting Morph into a room alone with him where he could beat him to a pulp....But he would contain himself and stick to scare tactics instead.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:07:37 10/06/2016 by Lunarz
#896 Posted: 04:46:09 10/06/2016
OOC: He can read brail fine, it translates brail into normal writing.
#897 Posted: 13:05:11 10/06/2016
OOC: It's okay, we love you too.

Morph managed to somewhat relax, since Elim was present and Rexar had settled down. The fact that the Targibbon was in the room was the only thing stopping him from outright leaving. At this point, all he wanted to do was go home and get the day over with. An actual apology would be nice. Not your lame excuses, he thought, but dared not say aloud. He dared not say anything aloud.
That is, until the Skargorian made his request. "Uh-- That's not necessary. We could just discuss it here, since we're... comfortable," he quickly retorted, giving Elim a look that said, You're crazy if you think I'm going in there alone with him.
#898 Posted: 02:03:06 11/06/2016 | Topic Creator
((OOC: @Wyrstel – You may most certainly make Telai a human, though you’d have to adjust his character sheet accordingly before I can accept him. As for the tablet, humans don’t have any access to or knowledge of alien technology, so you’ll probably want to change that.
@Lunarz – Welcome back! smilie))

The Targibbon took a sip of his water as he listened to Rexar’s reply to his earlier inquiry, though the action did not keep him from maintaining eye contact with the man through the transparent glass. If it had been anyone else, the constant maintaining of eye contact that he was keeping with the other agent might have alluded to a silent message of, I’m keeping my eye on you. This was not the case with Elim, at least, not quite. It was natural for a Targibbon to maintain unblinking eye contact with someone they were conversing with – though on the considerably drier planet that was Earth, the amphibious alien was having trouble with the “unblinking” part, as he had to momentarily close his eyes every now and then to shield them from the arid air of this world.

So indeed, much of this behavior was merely part of his own species’ general comportment. Still, Elim was very much aware of what his unending stare was capable of. Though he didn’t go out of his way to do it, he knew his expressionless gaze did wonders to keep people under control, similar to how Mr. White’s glares could easily render even the most troublesome of adolescents momentarily mute. It wasn’t that the Targibbon really wanted control, per se, but rather, he simply wished to maintain order, and if perhaps making people slightly uncomfortable with his gaze was a way to ensure that, then he would use that to his advantage.

So he merely stared at Rexar as the man spoke with a remarkably more refined manner. Blinking once, perhaps in acknowledgement or approval of his comrade’s words or the way he now presented himself, Elim said simply, “We will see.” There was no hostility or doubt in his words; they were stated as a simple fact that only time would tell if Rexar’s assurances could be counted on.

At the Skargoran’s last statement – as well as Morph’s obvious discontentment with the other Order agent’s suggestion – Elim seemed to ponder something for a moment, before eventually saying to Rexar, “It would probably be more practical if you spoke with me. The roles of student and teacher are quite different in the school setting we’re operating in. You and I share the same role. It would make more sense if I were to fill you in on any details.” With that, the Targibbon settled into another chair facing the other seated agent, still having yet to break any sort of eye contact with the other man.

“What is it you wanted to discuss?” he asked without any trace of inflection in his voice.

((OOC: I’d like to get to the beginning of the second day of school so Cipher can jump in with her characters, so I don’t want this night to drag on for pages and pages. But I don’t really want to make an abrupt, awkward transition either, since Rexar’s in the middle of making Morph extremely uncomfortable right now. smilie I’d just like it to be kept in mind that it would be nice to get to the second day as soon as possible without making sudden breaks in the roleplay or anything. :3))
---
#899 Posted: 11:30:52 11/06/2016
Syndral let out a heavy sigh as she stepped into her bio lab, the door locked tight behind her. She had taken the time to get out of her disguise first, but she still wore the human clothes. She hardly paid any attention to her surroundings as she immediately headed for the large computer monitor that was on the wall. "Has everything been prepared?" She asked, while surveying the screen.

Motherbot had been standing by the lab table, where the human boy now lay unconcious. She had been about to say something, when the Zvarranik asked her a question. "Oh, yes, of course. The boy is strapped in place, I tended to his leg, I have sedatives and tools ready in case you need them, and Zeka is in position. Everything is accounted for."

She sighed again. "Good. Let's just get this over with."

"Um, Syndral? Is everything okay?"

"Fine." She nearly hissed.

"You don't sound fine. What happened?"

"I rather not discuss it."

Motherbot walked over to her and gently placed a hand on her shoulder. "But I think you need to. You know manipulating the mind is a delicate process. You need to be focused in order to do it right. So talk to me."

Syndral sighed once more and turned to face her. "Rexar is here of all agents. He knows what happened and he does not seem hesitant to use that information against us. He shouted at Morph and I have lost all patience with his attitude. His arrogance needs to be beaten out of him." She hissed.

"Syndral, you can't beat the arrogance out of him."

"Not literally, no, but I can teach him a lesson."

"Not violently, you can't. You'll get in trouble for harming a fellow agent. Try to remember that he's an ally now."

"Then tell him to act like it." She hissed. "If I hear one more condescending remark, I will omori ka puwit."

"Syndral, language." The robot scolded. "You shouldn't even be saying that, and you definitely can't do it. You have to restrain yourself around him. If you can't maintain your composure, then it will effect your job."

"Which is exactly why I should not be working with him. If we were on Surqorax, we would not be forced to work together. He would receive the proper punishment for his behavior."

Motherbot emitted a sigh. "So would you. You would be put on ice for the events that happened today. We left for a reason. Either you can learn to deal with Rexar, or we can go back to the life we left behind."

There was a long pause. Syndral folded her arms with a sigh. "Alternatively, I could simply turn you into scrap metal."

The robot cracked a smile. "Nice to see you finally realized I'm right."

"I never said that."

"No, but you always make empty threats when you have nothing left to argue with." She chuckled lightly. "If you're able to focus now, then you should get to work. We can talk about this more later if you like. But I should head on up to see how the others are doing."

"Fine." She muttered while averting her gaze.

Motherbot gently placed both hands on her shoulders and touched her forehead with her own. "Don't let him bother you, okay? He's not worth it." She said softly.

Syndral met her gaze. "Alright." She nearly whispered.

The robot smiled. After a moment, she backed away and headed out the door. She made her way to the elevator and went on up to the garage. She stepped into the kitchen and then headed into the living room. "Hello all, I'll be filling in for Syndral for the time being." She gave a small wave and a smile.

"Does anyone need anything? Drinks? Sna--Oh, you have food already?" She had just noticed the pizza box. She had a memory file about pizza, or rather a list of foods that contained salt. It was her job to prevent such substances from entering the house, especially while Elim was visiting. Her programming said to take the box from Rexar and promptly throw it out. However, her motherly programming said it would be rude to take food from someone. Elim didn't seem to be in any immediate danger, so maybe it was fine. Still, she wondered where the pizza actually came from. Syndral didn't order anything, and she thought she would be serving the guests.
---
#900 Posted: 03:24:27 14/06/2016
OOC: Don't worry, I've got you covered.

Although the stern-gazed agent wouldn't have seen it, given that he was maintaining unfaltering eye contact with Rexar, Morph looked at him with relief and thankfulness. It would seem that any further interactions with the Skargorian would be cut short. And he was going to make sure it stayed that way. Well, in that case, I'll just take my leave, he thought.
Before he could make his request, however, Motherbot had entered the living room and inquired as to any possible needs her guests might have had. "Oh, hello, Motherbot," he greeted in return, attempting to keep about a friendly tone but not being able to conceal the wariness in his voice. "Um, yeah. There must have been a mix up in someone's delivery. Whatever happened, it's ours now, I guess."
He then turned back to Elim and, with mild hesitation, made his inquiry. "Sir, I apologize for the interruption, but may I be dismissed to my base? I'd like to submit my observations and begin tomorrow's preparations early. I could just walk there, since it's not too far. Unless there's any way I could still be of service, of course." He then realized that being alone out in the dead night wasn't the best of situations, especially if he was disguised as an underage child. Even if it was a considerably safe and quiet neighborhood, he didn't want to raise any attention to himself. And despite him being trained in the field of stealth, his disguise, as minimalist as it was, still hampered his ability to sneak and lurk considerably. And it was worth nothing-- although it could have been him simply being paranoid-- that Rexar was clearly intent on getting to be alone with the Kwuerk in some way or another. He wouldn't want to take any risks of a potential encounter with the ruddy reptilian without the safety of his colleagues' presence.
And yet, he didn't want to have to force anyone to have to stop what they were doing to help him get home. He'd been enough trouble for the day.
First | Previous | Page 18 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me