Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24
High School vs. Aliens (Private)
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#1 Posted: 03:06:19 16/03/2014 | Topic Creator
General Plot Information

This roleplay takes place mainly in Casper Hill high school. Here, the teachers and students live normal lives; to their knowledge, at least. What they don’t know is that two rivaling alien intelligence agencies – the Brotherhood of Worlds and the Galactic Order – are secretly walking amongst them to further their studies. As suspicions arise among the students, tensions are increasing between the two alien factions. The Brotherhood wishes only to examine human culture to better understand them, while the Order wishes to find the humans’ weaknesses and exploit them in their future invasion. Who will win in this clash between extraterrestrial agencies? And what role will the humans play in all of this?

Welcome Students and Teachers!

Welcome everyone! Welcome to a new year at Casper Hill high school! We hope you all had a safe and wonderful summer! Last year was filled with many educational opportunities and field trips relating to possible career choices for our students. It is our hope to make this year an even more pleasant and fulfilling experience! In addition, we have many new students and teachers joining us this year! Let us do our best to welcome them to our school!

Brotherhood of Worlds: Mission Briefing

My brothers, my sisters: a new world is slowly coming to recognize and understand the universe around it. This world’s inhabitants, called humans, are beginning to grasp the concept of technologies that will take them farther than their own solar system. There will come a time when this world will no doubt set out to explore the galaxy it was born into. And when it does, we will be there to offer our hand in peace and friendship. To accomplish this goal, to one day bring yet another world into our Brotherhood, we must first better understand the people whose planet they call Earth. Your mission is to live among the humans as one of their own, to observe their culture firsthand so that we may find a mutual understanding in the future. You are to remain incognito during your observations. While we work in the interests of future friendship, the humans are not quite ready to know of our existence. Be cautious as well, my brothers. The humans are ignorant of our intents, and would not react well to our presence. Just as well, be wary of the Order. I fear our mission is not the only one regarding Earth and its people.

The Galactic Order: Mission Briefing

My colleagues, my fellow agents: a new danger threatens the stability of the galaxy. They are called humans. For centuries, we have monitored their progress, and now they have advanced too far for comfort. Their technological advances will soon enable them to venture out into the galaxy, while their culture remains barbaric. This species continues to war with themselves, and while their technology is rapidly improving, their minds remain with little more reasoning than their caveman ancestors. We cannot allow this plague to spread beyond its own planet. Your mission is one of observation and experimentation. You are to infiltrate human society, walking among them as one of their own. Feel free to use any methods of experimentation on the humans, and eliminate any who stand in your way. You are to pinpoint weaknesses in human anatomy, governmental structure, and any other aspect of their lives that can be used to our advantage. We will use this information to destroy the human threat before they can ever do any damage to the galaxy. Be advised, the Brotherhood is no doubt conducting its own missions. You are authorized to eliminate any Brotherhood members who threaten the outcome of your mission.

Rules:

• There is a three character limit.
  • Try to diversify your characters. If you have one human character, make an alien. Or if you have more than one alien, make them in opposing factions.
  • Characters can die in this roleplay, but you must ask the owner’s permission first.
  • The extraterrestrial beings in this roleplay are not meant to be more powerful than humans. This is more of a sci-fi roleplay, not a fantasy one. Your alien characters can have slight racial advantages, such as being slightly stronger than an average human, but they shouldn’t have ‘powers’ such as telekinesis. The only significant advantage the aliens in this roleplay will have is their technological capabilities.

School Schedule:

*Subjects (Language Arts, Reading, Math, Science, History) vary between each students' individual schedules.

8:00 – School begins
8:00-8:15 – Attendance/Breakfast
8:15-9:00 – Subject 1
9:00-9:45 – Subject 2
9:45-10:30 – Subject 3
10:30-11:15 – Gym/Art (Gym: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays. Art: Tuesdays and Thursdays.)
11:15-11:45 – Lunch
11:45-12:30 – Subject 4
12:30-1:15 – Subject 5
1:15-2:00 – Elective Class
2:00-2:45 – Study Hall
2:45-3:00 – Dismissal

Character List:

*Listing Format
Username: Human name (Alien name, if alien) – page number the character sheet is found

TEACHERS:

Wylrin: Mr. Locklear (Elim Melvyn) – page 1
Waaksian: Miss Bridgett K. Espinoza – page 4
Lunarz: Mr. Burt Normandy – page 4
Lunarz: Gordon Norris - page 7
Wylrin: Doctor Finch (Plagarius Dottore) - page 15
Cynder09: Mrs. Aria Moore (Vuxta Nabali) - page 15
Wyrstel: Mr. Tenai (Valdarin Hersan) - page 15
Lunarz: Rex Turner (Rexar) - page 17
Shadow-Cipher: Mr. Ferdinand Valentine - page 18
Wylrin: Leander Emil - page 23

STUDENTS:

Lunarz: Shane Blair (Zurgon) – page 1
assassinelf: Allison Moor (Project 3) – page 1
Rickorio: Nathan (Seytrius) – page 1
Wylrin: Rachel Emerson – page 1
derpyhooves: Ryo Tenshi – page 1
Cynder09: Mari Hamasaki (Syndral) – page 2
Waaksian: Mordecai "Mort" Stuart (Morph Mitosim) – page 4
Cynder09: Jaxson "Jax" Palmer - page 15
Shadow-Cipher: Anahita Ourania (Ardunayne Undefinedo) – page 18
Shadow-Cipher: Vester Davis (Cryktin) – page 18
Waaksian: Lorelei Lancer - page 23
Waaksian: Edwina Bolanle (Beeboh Zeeblbreex) - page 23
Cynder09: Florence "Grim" Gravel - page 23

Character Sheets:

HUMAN:

Name:
Grade: (If student, just put what grade they are in. If teacher, put what grade they teach and what subject.)
Personality:
Appearance:
Other:

ALIEN:

Alias: (What human name do they go by?)
Grade: (If student, just put what grade they are in. If teacher, put what grade they teach and what subject.)
Faction: (The Brotherhood of Worlds or the Galactic Order?)
Personality:
Opinion on Humans: (What do they think of humans?)
True Appearance: (What do they naturally look like?)
Human Appearance: (What do they look like in disguise?)
Other:

(OOC: Please tell me if I need to elaborate on something. smilie)

-----IMPORTANT! EDIT: 2/8/16-----

To any potential new members of the roleplay, please be aware of the following. This is an old roleplay that died due to busyness in real life on my part, as well as a change in plot that I felt was premature - which was also my mistake. I have decided to bring back the roleplay, but we're going to completely disregard the part of the roleplay that I feel was a mistake on my part. Anything after post #667 and before post #710 is not canonical roleplay content. It's probably better if you don't even read it; it's bad decision-making on my part. ;-;

Aside from that, I'm really excited to be starting this roleplay up again! smilie
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Edited 17 times - Last edited at 10:24:31 01/08/2019 by Wylrin
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#2 Posted: 04:55:36 16/03/2014
((This looks like a really cool idea. I'll post my character sheet later. smilie))
---
#hu
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#3 Posted: 07:42:58 16/03/2014
Alias: Shane Blair
Grade: 12
Faction: The Brotherhood of Worlds
Personality: Zurgon is an outgoing and carefree alien, he would much rather be on earth than his planet as his people are far too advanced for his tastes, Zurgon has a great appreciation for the humans, as they have to work for what they want. He is very optimistic and speaks his mind, though he can be quite clumsy and ignorant of very obvious human traditions and ways. He cares deeply for anyone he considers his friend and would defend them with his life, he is always trying to get a laugh from anyone he can find.
Opinion on Humans: Zurgon is fascinated by humans, he much prefers them to his species, he enjoys how simplistic their ways of life are, opposed to the hustle and bustle of his alien species.
True Appearance: Zurgon is a greenish-blue alien, with lizard like features such as a long forked tongue, scales, and a long, thin tail which has purple spikes running down it ending in a diamond shape, he has long claws and glowing black eyes that have small hints of red and yellow in the middle. His head is triangular at the top and circular near the bottom, he has medium sized legs that look like that of a cheetah standing on it's hind legs and a skinny body, he has large fangs and four bright white claws on each hand, his arms are usually held up (Hard to explain, just look up Roger from American Dad and look at his arms, you'll see what I mean).
Human Appearance: In his human appearance Zurgon is 5'9, he wears a rust colored leather jacket over a white muscle shirt, he has spiky blonde hair and blue eyes. He wears blue jeans and has black leather shoes with white bottoms.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 20:51:24 20/01/2018 by Lunarz
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#4 Posted: 18:05:58 16/03/2014
Alias: Allison Morr
Grade: 12
Personality: As she was made, not born, she lacks a few human emotions. She can feel love, compassion, anger, sadness, and most others, but she is incapable of feeling happy in a way that isn't caused by a seperate emotion. Guy agreed to go on a date (in the high schopl) : Happy. It's a beautiful day: not happy. Other than that, she's a warm person, and will always stand up for what she believes is right.
Opinion on Humans: She believes humans are basically people she nees to protect. Although she is statisacally about the same as a spy, she believes herself far superior to most humans, and wouldn't allow them to do something dangerous that she could do instead.
True Appearance: Like a human being with no face, and Blue skin with orange spirals on her arms.
Human Appearance: A blonde eyed, blue girl of medium build. Is very well muscled everywhere but her legs.
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
#5 Posted: 18:17:12 16/03/2014
Alias: Jack Brewer
Personality: He's a pretty outgoing guy, easily making friends with any alien that he comes across. Even in his human form, he goes around trying to make friends, acting like the new kid who what's to become popular in the school.
Opinion on humans: Like his thoughts on all species, he feels like they're a capable race, just trying to learn more about their world, and the worlds around them. He also feels as a part of the Brotherhood it's his duty to protect lower-tech aliens form The Galactic Order.
True Appearance: He's a lizard like alien, with camouflaging skin. Regularly it's a green color, with orange and red markings.
Human Appearance: A regular 16 year old, with blue jeans, a tee, brown hair and brown eyes.
---
#hu
#6 Posted: 20:39:28 16/03/2014
//We really need some human characters and Galactic Order characters, I'd do it but I am horrible at keeping up with two characters.//
---
#7 Posted: 21:20:47 16/03/2014
((I don't like having more than one character. I'll do it if it's ABSOLUTELY necessary, but not unless that.))
---
#hu
#8 Posted: 23:47:33 16/03/2014 | Topic Creator
((OOC: Hello! I really like your characters. They're accepted! :3 And I agree, we do need more human and Galactic Order characters, though I don't want anyone to make another character if they're not comfortable with it. Here are my two characters, one human and the other with the Galactic Order.))

Alias: Mr. Pachu'a Locklear
Grade: 12th Grade Mathematics
Faction: The Galactic Order
Personality: Elim’s overall outlook and personality is one of indifference. Not much matters to him or affects him in any significant way unless it interferes with his work. He tends not to become attached to anything or anyone, having been trained at an early age the skills needed to be a spy and, should the need arise, an assassin. He carries out his work without remorse or regret, having no qualms with doing what he needs to in order to protect himself and gather intelligence for the Order.
Opinion on Humans: Elim doesn’t have as strong of a dislike for humans as some of the other members of the Order do. He doesn’t necessarily like them, by any means, but he doesn’t have a specific hatred towards them. His view on humans is more professional than personal: they are an enemy of the Order, and therefore he will deal with them as such.
True Appearance: Elim is humanoid, but his appearance would never pass as human. His skin is amphibious, being slightly damp to the touch and cool green in color. He has large eyes that are completely red-orange, without pupils or irises. Being an amphibious life form, he doesn’t have any hair, his ears are merely two small holes in the sides of his head, and he doesn’t have any fingernails, either. Other than these frog-like traits, Elim’s body structure is otherwise human-like.
Human Appearance: Elim’s skin in his human disguise is a light brown, hinting at a Native American heritage. His form and stature is the same as his true form – slender and with a height of about 5’11. He has long, somewhat ruffled black hair and dark brown eyes. Posing as a teacher, he wears a brown suit over a white dress shirt and red tie. He also wears glasses, although their purpose isn’t for rectifying blurred vision. The lenses’ purpose is to display information.
Other: As an amphibious being, Elim’s skin will burn upon contact with salt.

Name: Rachel Emerson
Grade: 12th
Personality: Rachel is a very extroverted person. She almost always has a smile on her face and is happy to talk with anyone who will listen. Her subjects of conversation are almost always seemingly random, but she will delve deeply into said topic and often ask others’ opinions on it. While she prefers being in other people’s company, there are times when she will close herself off in favor of sifting through her own thoughts. When she isn’t idly talking with someone or thinking to herself, Rachel is often trying to be helpful to those around her. She’s rather awkward with trying to solve problems, however, so most of the time she’ll just offer a comforting presence and smile when she’s not sure what to do.
Appearance: Some people consider Rachel to be a stick figure, simply because she doesn’t really have the curvy build most young women possess. She’s a bit tall, as well, standing at about 5’8. Her dirty blonde hair is somewhat of a mess, simply because she doesn’t spend hours tending to it like some of her peers, and her bangs almost hide her green eyes. She dresses more like a tomboy, often wearing plain black t-shirts and slacks.
Other: She is lactose intolerant.

Rachel's Schedule:

8:00 – School begins
8:00-8:15 – Attendance/Breakfast
8:15-9:00 – Subject 1 (Mathematics - Mr. White)
9:00-9:45 – Subject 2 (English - Mr. Normandy)
9:45-10:30 – Subject 3 (History)
10:30-11:15 – Gym/Art
11:15-11:45 – Lunch
11:45-12:30 – Subject 4 (Science - Ms. Espinoza)
12:30-1:15 – Subject 5 (Spanish)
1:15-2:00 – Elective Class (Psychology)
2:00-2:45 – Study Hall
2:45-3:00 – Dismissal
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 11:20:59 01/08/2019 by Wylrin
#9 Posted: 23:54:19 16/03/2014
//I'm very excited to begin this Roleplay, It seems to have a very large amount of potential in my opinion. I've been up all night waiting to begin, something about the idea just arouses my fascination.//
---
#10 Posted: 00:36:58 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
((OOC: I'm glad you're excited about it. smilie We can start, if you want. I have an idea for a sort of 'prologue' to get things rolling. :3))
---
#11 Posted: 00:38:19 17/03/2014
//Let's do it up, then. smilie//
---
#12 Posted: 00:39:16 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
((OOC: Alright. :3 It might take me a bit to type out the 'introduction'. I tend to overthink and overdo these things. smilie))
---
#13 Posted: 00:42:23 17/03/2014
((May, let's start))
---
#hu
#14 Posted: 00:44:34 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
It was midnight in the town where Casper Hill high school was located. The morning would bring the dawn of a new day, the beginning of a new school year… and undercover visitors. For weeks, extraterrestrials of two opposing intelligence agencies have been planning out their ways of infiltrating the human population undetected. Some have chosen to acquire a human house to occupy, to further their disguise. Others have hidden their spaceships in secure areas to return to after a day’s observations. Tonight is the night of their final preparations. Tonight, the visitors from outer space will become human.
---
#15 Posted: 00:54:56 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
In a small house on the outskirts of town, its single resident was not asleep. Now was not the time for rest for him. His work was just beginning, and now was the time for preparation. Elim scanned his eyes over the interior of his house, his base, the closet thing he’d ever get to safe while on this mission. While he didn’t plan for anyone other than himself to ever set foot in this place, he had to take every precaution. As such, he had made sure that the entire household looked as ‘normal’ and ‘human-like’ as possible. Food in the kitchen, little chairs and couches in the living room, a bed in the bedroom, the list went on.

It wasn’t as if he was ever going to use any of these human things. No, his time would be spent solely in the basement, where, still hidden from any prying eyes, his base was located. The devices that would aid him in his mission, the equipment that would allow him to communicate with his superiors, it was all located there. Heading down the steps into the cellar that was not quite a cellar, he decided his ‘living quarters’ were sufficient enough for his disguise, and decided to indulge in other pressing matters.
---
#16 Posted: 01:01:31 17/03/2014
Zurgon paced back and forth in his large metallic ship, each step creating a metallic echo that bounced off of the walls of the cave he had hidden his ship in. Let's see, how should I approach this... He pondered as he paced. He had been on Earth for not even a full moon cycle and yet he hadn't come up with any ideas on how to collect his information. He wasn't very good at making friends on his home planet, and that was a skill he needed on this mission, he had only been given this chance to go to Earth as his father was somewhat high up in the Brotherhood.

"Alright, Calm down Zurgon, you can do this, just walk into the school and make friends, it's not that hard...." The reptile-like alien let out a sigh. "Computer, what are some of Earth's lunch delicacies?" The alien had yet to even pack a lunch, did High school students even pack lunches? He was so excited and didn't want to mess it up. "You know what computer, forget it, I'll figure it out, hopefully I'll get some further orders, I'm tired of waiting for my mission to begin..."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:02:40 17/03/2014 by Lunarz
#17 Posted: 01:10:41 17/03/2014
Seytrius was pacing inside of his "house." He had created a house using his spaceship and he created a secret bunker under his house. In the secret bunker was two things. His ship, and his base where he'd gather information. He had also created robots that, if necessary, would be his "parents" in case a human friend if his came over to his house. The robots would only activate if someone was in range to hear what was going on in the house. Besides for that, the orbits wouldn't be active.

"Now, what should I do during my time in this school?" He asked himself. "I better make some friends first, it'll be easier to discover how they act. I'll be able to adapt easier to their lifestyles of I just watch for the first few days, be the shy new kid. Good. I have a plan." He said, walking towards his room. In the room, he had the basic human things, besides for the tube leading to his secret bunker.
---
#hu
#18 Posted: 01:11:50 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Locking the cellar door behind him, with a locking mechanism that no human could ever comprehend or identify, the alien headed down the stairs and into the basement. Once within the safety of his base, Elim sighed and removed the mask that concealed his alien features. ‘Mask’ was a decidedly primitive term for what it truly was, the technology behind it far exceeding any plastic thing a human might create. It mimicked human skin and other aspects of the human face perfectly, and while it looked like nothing more than a sack of gelatinous material when he removed it from his face, it was very well capable of offering him a means of disguise.

Elim sighed again in relief. While the mask was not particularly uncomfortable, it was good to be able to be rid of the thing for a while, to show his true form in a land where his face must forever remain hidden. Glancing over to a control panel he and a few other operatives had installed under the house but weeks before, he told the device, “Computer, run a Level One diagnostic of the base’s security system. I don’t want anything to know of this place’s existence.” The last statement was said more to himself than to the computer, which followed his command without any need for explanation. Sitting down in a chair, he steepled his fingers, watching the computer scan the systems implemented in the house.
---
#19 Posted: 01:15:12 17/03/2014
Seytrius walked toward the tube, and went down into his secret bunker. When he reached it, he took off his human disguise, a mask, and he turned back to his regular self. He went to his computer. "Make sure everything is in proper working order, and program the robots for their commands." He soda, walking towards his bed and just laying down.
---
#hu
#20 Posted: 01:21:05 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Tapping his fingers together, Elim stood from his chair and retrieved a data pad that included more specific details about his mission. One objective of his was to experiment on a living human. There had been, of course, several studies of humans prior to this mission of his, but they had always been in a controlled environment, often on a spaceship light years away from Earth. Here, however, he could conduct experimentations in a different setting than before. To say the least, he was.. curious.. how his subject would react to testing. Elim still had yet to even choose who his subject would be, but there would be time for that. That was, of course, not his only objective, and he had others to plan, as well.
---
#21 Posted: 01:21:27 17/03/2014
Having enough of being cramped up in his ship he decided to go for a stroll. What could go wrong? He wondered rhetorically as he pressed a large red button which opened the large bubble like top of his ship, allowing him to step out and look around. His cave was large, but not deep, it was just big enough for his ship, which wasn't even that big to begin with. Slowly he peeked out of the cave, whizzing his head to the left and to right, making sure nobody saw him exit the cave he had chosen as a base.

Zurgon took a deep breath and then exhaled, ready to venture forth into the human world. He took his first step outside of the cave which was located near an abandoned railroad track, he had taken his backpack with him in case he was spotted by someone. "Maybe I'll just walk to the school, check it out, it couldn't hurt." So the alien went forwards toward the direction of the school, it was only a few minutes away from his current location. "Maybe I'll see a real life human! Ooh, that would be wonderful." He squealed with joy as he imagined what humans were like in person.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:25:54 17/03/2014 by Lunarz
#22 Posted: 01:29:37 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
His eyes still scanning over the data pad in his hands, Elim frowned slightly. He didn’t need to be told directly to know that the Brotherhood would no doubt be sending its own operatives. They could prove to be.. problematic. Their solutions were often that of seeking peace, and their methods were always humane, contradictory to the Order. The organization that he was a part of did not have the same limitations that the Brotherhood place on its members. They were authorized to do what they must, whereas the Brotherhood was concerned with things like morals. Elim didn’t see why they were so concerned with such things. Still, morally inclined or not, the Brotherhood was a possible threat to the outcome of his mission, and he would not allow them to interfere.
---
#23 Posted: 01:34:29 17/03/2014
//Might I suggest Zurgon running into your other character, Rachel? Just a suggestion of course.//

Zurgon had reached the school, a smile had come across his otherwise bored and sulky face. His trip to Earth had been so boring as he was forced into a slumber during the ride to the planet, he hadn't seen it's wonders, sure he had studied and read books and seen pictures of the place...But it was nothing like this, seeing it up close and for real. The school was tall and primitive, so primitive, but Zurgon applauded it, sometimes primitive was good, his race didn't exactly see it that way however, they wanted to keep moving forward in science and technology, but Zurgon believed that not knowing was more fun. "Look at how plain it is, no bells and whistles or blinking light-shows, and the Moon, dear god the moon! It's so far bright and beautiful tonight..."
---
derpyhooves Platinum Sparx Gems: 5698
#24 Posted: 01:43:56 17/03/2014
Name: Ryo Tenshi
Grade: 10
Personality: He is a boy that is usually upset or depressed, even though he is kind, loving, and pure hearted.
Appearance: He has silvery blue-green hair that reaches the middle of his back. His eyes are an emerald green color and he is pretty pale, tall, and slim. He usually wears an open Jean jacket with a shirt with an odd symbol on it with grey jeans and converse shoes, but he may wear a leather jacket on occasion.
Other: His family died of an unknown cause, making him the way he is.
#25 Posted: 01:44:08 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
((OOC: Sure, that's possible. I just don't know what she'd be doing out at midnight. smilie I'll come up with something. :3))

Setting down the data pad, Elim turned towards the control panel when his computer announced, “Level One diagnostic complete. The security system is functioning within normal parameters.” The alien nodded, even though the computer would not pay heed to such a gesture. He sat in his chair again, his mind filing through things he might still need to do for his final preparations for the morning. Flicking his eyes over to the control panel again, he instructed, “Computer, compose a list of common foods that contain sodium chloride.”

Salt. It was bad for his skin, and it was definitely bad for his metabolism. Elim silently cursed his weakness. This planet’s surface was over 70% salt water, and salt itself was common in many aspects of humans’ daily lives. From food to road salt in the winters, salt was a major part of human culture, and it had the potential to severely harm him; kill him, even, if he did not remedy the situation quickly enough. He sighed again, eyeing the growing list his computer was displaying. Elim decided that he didn’t like Earth much.
---
#26 Posted: 01:45:31 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
((OOC: Your character is accepted. Welcome to the roleplay smilie))
---
#27 Posted: 01:49:13 17/03/2014
Zurgon found it odd that he hadn't seen any humans yet, did they not come out at night? Perhaps they slept through night...That would be odd. Evidently Zurgon hadn't done all his research, he still had a few gaps of knowledge about the human species and earth itself, all he did know for sure was that he liked how peaceful it was, he could do without the smell of piss, garbage and drugs everywhere, but that was something he would adapt to as time went on.

"Well...I guess I should be heading back, The Brotherhood wouldn't want me out wandering before my mission even starte-" It was then that the alien heard a noise, he got in a ready stance, prepared for whatever horrible beast was hiding in the darkness of the night.
---
#28 Posted: 01:53:03 17/03/2014
((Where should I start?))
#29 Posted: 01:54:56 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Some distance away from Elim and his worries of sodium chloride, a teenage girl sat on the front porch of her house. She’d slipped out of her house, for no reason in particular. Some teens her age might have done it to meet up with their boy/girlfriend and ride off into the night. Not Rachel, though. No, her only reason for being out so late was to look at the moon. It was one of those nights that she couldn’t sleep, even though the first day of school was tomorrow and she really should be asleep.

She sighed, standing up and walking towards her school. It was something she did at times, even though she knew she shouldn’t. As friendly a neighborhood as it was, roaming around at night still wasn’t the safest thing to do, and her parents would probably kill her if they only knew. But they didn’t know, and nothing terrible had ever happened to her. This town never seemed to even have anyone who was out at night, which was why she was so surprised when she saw someone at the school. Rachel stopped in her tracks upon seeing him, some instinct in her telling her to get away, telling her to fear anyone who was out so late at night. She took a few steps back, considering making a run for it. She had never been scared to go out at night before, but that was before she had ever seen anyone else out at night. Somehow, that tiny little detail made it seem terrifying.

((OOC: Well, it's night right now, so normally the humans would be asleep. But two other characters are meeting up at the school, if you want to start there. :3))
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:56:02 17/03/2014 by Wylrin
#30 Posted: 01:59:15 17/03/2014
((Alright!))

Ryo walked around the hallways of the school. He was unable to sleep, so he need something to do, so he scanned each room of his school and saw another figure roaming in the halls. Ryo kept quiet, afraid that it was an alien who was on guard, killing humans that it spotted.
#31 Posted: 02:01:28 17/03/2014
Struck with fear at the sound, Zurgon took a deep breath, hoping it wasn't a large Raxlclorian, a large reptilian beast that was native to his home planet, he nearly forgot where he was he was so frightened. Who-Who's there? he wondered, forgetting to use his mouth to speak, as his people tended to use telepathy when frightened. The alien did a full 360 spin until he saw what had made the noise...It was a girl.

Zurgon composed himself and sighed in relief, he was grateful it wasn't anything dangerous, he gave a wave to the girl. "Hello there, friend!" He spoke with much zest and gusto, excited at this encounter. "Why do you back away? I am but a person such as yourself!" Why would you say that...Shut up, be normal "I mean...My name is Zu-Er....Shane!" Slowly he began to walk towards where the girl was, he had never spoken to a human before, or even seen a girl so this was quite a magical moment for him.

//Humans don't know about the aliens, Derpy. Also it's a high school, and people don't generally live in High Schools.//
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:09:35 17/03/2014 by Lunarz
#32 Posted: 02:02:20 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
((OOC: Just two things I'd like to say. :3 Firstly, they're meeting outside of the school, since in real life you wouldn't be able to get into the building. And secondly, the humans aren't aware of the alien threat yet. Unless your character is just naturally paranoid of aliens and I misunderstood that concept. :3))
---
#33 Posted: 02:09:00 17/03/2014
((He is,but it is because he is monophobic, and he gets paranoid when alnd. And oh, sorry. I wasn't too sure on how to start....smilie

Reverse, reverse! *spins*))

Ryo was walking on the streets, unable to fall asleep as usual. He looks around every corner cautiously and ends up in front of the school. As he walked up to a bench, he shivered, thinking something or someone was watching him.
#34 Posted: 02:11:24 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Rachel blinked. If it had been daylight and in a public place, she would have laughed at his peculiar behavior. But it wasn’t daylight, and they were alone on the street. Don't talk to strangers. It was the first rule parents usually taught their children, and Rachel had never thought she’d be in the situation to have to decide to abide by it or not. The boy across from her – about her own age – was seemingly nice enough, if a bit disoriented, but that didn’t necessarily mean anything yet.

Glancing back towards the direction of her house – which was only a few blocks away – she said nervously, in response to his question, “Because people aren’t.. usually out at night.” Rachel wasn’t entirely certain why she stayed put and answered his inquiry instead of retreating towards safety, but she was scared, and people tended not to make rational decisions when they’re scared.

((OOC: Ah, I understand now. That's actually quite ironic, his paranoia foreshadowing an event that has yet to come. smilie))
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:13:46 17/03/2014 by Wylrin
#35 Posted: 02:15:28 17/03/2014
Ryo looked across from him and when he saw Rachel, he jumped. He thought this person was going to hurt him or something, so after he jolted, he flinched.
#36 Posted: 02:17:06 17/03/2014
Quickly, Zurgon thought of something to say, perhaps he could tell a joke? He loved telling jokes, but comedy was subjective, especially when it's from an entirely different galaxy. He wondered if they could exchange details, he could tell her all about himself and should would do the same, that seemed to make sense. Or he could do something else. He had to decided right away, so he did.

"Oh, I know, it's just....I couldn't sleep and I was so excited to see my new school, it is quite exquisite, and it's always nice to go out and look at the moon and the...Uh.....Um....Stars!" The alien placed his hands on his hips and gave a smile, happy with his response to the girl, he hoped she would stay and speak to him, it would be wonderful for his research. "I don't believe I acquired your name?"
---
#37 Posted: 02:24:45 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Rachel was just piecing together everything Shane had said and deciding on a response of her own when she saw another figure out of the corner of her eye. It had been some sudden movement she'd detected, like a jump. Squinting into the darkness, she saw yet another teen - again, about her age - across from them. For a while she was dumbfounded. What was everyone doing out here so late at night? She didn't feel comfortable at all anymore, wanting nothing more but to return home.

"That's.. nice," Rachel commented in response to Shane, glancing between the two boys. "Listen, I'd.. feel a lot" - safer - "more comfortable at my place. I'm.. just going to.. go there." With that, she started walking away towards her house, glancing back to see if either of the two boys were following her. She felt uncomfortable about the entire situation, but she'd feel a lot safer if they were at least having this conversation on her front porch as opposed to the middle of a dark sidewalk by the empty school.
---
#38 Posted: 02:29:44 17/03/2014
Ryo then got up out of his seat to take a better look at Rachel. He bated being alone, but he didn't know this girl. He then came close to her and paused shakily.
"Excuse me...." he called quietly. "Miss? Im sorry to stop you...." he continued, hoping he would get a reply from her.
#39 Posted: 02:31:45 17/03/2014
Zurgon stood there for a few seconds after she began to walk away, still a large smile on his face. He thought for a moment and then jogged after the girl. "That's cool, I'll go with you!" He said with a smile. Zurgon was quite happy, he thought that this qualified as making a friend, he honestly believed she wanted to go back to her house to speak, he couldn't sense her nervousness, he never was good as sensing others emotions, he always considered people happy, it made it easier for him as he was usually happy aswell.

"i agree, your porch is probably safer than this place, I only have one question." He said as he caught up with the girl. "What's a porch?" He gave a small chuckle. "I'm just kidding, I know what a porch is!" He didn't
---
#40 Posted: 02:39:07 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Rachel had to keep herself from just breaking out into a run as the two boys trailed after her, one seemingly very timid and the other very nearly brimming with joy. She wasn't sure what to think anymore. Some of her anxiety quelled at the behavior of the two. They weren't trying to tackle her, at least, or shove her into a car and drive off. Really, she could be paranoid at times, but who wouldn't be when being followed by two strangers in the middle of the night?

She hesitantly slowed her pace so she could walk alongside the two. If they were going to follow her, then she at least wanted them in her line of sight. For perhaps the tenth time that night, Rachel glanced between the pair, not sure what to say or do. She wasn't sure what to think of Shane's unbridled happiness, and truth be told, she was a little worried about the other. He seemed scared. Pausing when her house was only a block away now, she turned to both of them and asked, "Are you two okay? I mean.. do you need to use a phone? Or...?" She trailed off. What was a person supposed to say in a situation like this?
---
#41 Posted: 02:44:36 17/03/2014
Ryo gazed uncomfortably at Shane and then looked at Rachel.
"I....I...not necessarily ..." he whispered, taking a sidestep away from Shane as he spoke. He felt something was off about him.
#42 Posted: 02:49:09 17/03/2014
Zurgon didn't want to lose sight of this human, he knew he could complete his tasks but he needed to prove he was adamant about it, so he slowed his pace down aswell, walking in tandem with the other two, scanning them up and down, left to right and all around, not wanting to miss a detail of these creatures.

He slipped his hands into his pocket and skipped every few steps, filled with joy at this planets wonders. Perhaps he was going to see inside of a real human house, he might see a real life dog, or better yet a fish! He always wanted to see a fish, he studied fish for hours in his spaceship the previous night, he wasn't sure why but they amused him. "So Where's this house of yours? Are you excited for school tomorrow? I am, I'm real excited, you see I'm not from around here, but I think it's great, just great!" He spoke quickly due to his excitement, he turned to the boy "What's your name? I'm Shane, Hi!" He didn't wait for his questions to be answered, he just kept speaking. "So, Rachel, was it? That's a pretty name, you're a pretty girl, I like pretty things, like the moon and the sky and fish." He didn't usually speak so much, but he was ecstatic at this encounter.
---
#43 Posted: 02:56:09 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
"Are you sure?" Rachel asked Ryo, not convinced that he was alright. "I mean, do you need anything? Are you alright?"

This night was certainly getting weirder and weirder by the minute. It was hard to keep track of what was happening, really, with one of her companions being so soft-spoken and the other talking non-stop with an enthusiasm she hadn't thought possible. She was trying to keep up with Shane's barrage of questions, though one did manage to stick out among the rest.

"Yeah, I'm Rachel - Wait. How did you know my name?" she asked. She had certainly not told him her name, she was certain of that. How had he known..?
---
#44 Posted: 03:02:11 17/03/2014
Zurgon froze for a moment, he couldn't tell her he could read vaguely read peoples minds. It wasn't his fault, he was so used to communicating telepathically on his home planet, for the first time in a while he could feel a frown coming to his usually happy face. "I saw you the other day, I , uh, heard someone call your name." Please believe that, Pleeease believe that... He thought.

How stupid he was, he almost certainly just blew his mission, he had been on the planet for only a few days and on his first interaction, which wasn't even authorized, he screwed up. This should look good on my record. He thought sarcastically.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:02:58 17/03/2014 by Lunarz
#45 Posted: 03:02:58 17/03/2014
Ryo turns yo an angle that he can see both Rachel and Shane in.

"Ryo...my name...is Ryo..." he replied to Shane as he smiled ever so slightly. "H..hello..." He then focused on Rachel, giving her a look that signalled that Shane made him uncomfortable. He opened his mouth, but words didn't come out at this point, so he shook his head and looked down, tapping his foot quickly.
#46 Posted: 03:12:17 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
"Oh.. okay," Rachel consented reluctantly. She had no reason not to believe him, but everything about this situation seemed.. off. Turning to Ryo as he introduced himself, she caught the look he gave her, and she made a slight shrugging motion in indication that she had received his message and that she honestly wasn't sure what she could do to remedy the situation. So she did what she would have done in any other situation. She offered him a small smile of reassurance before turning to Shane again. "So.. how long have you been here? Did you just move here recently?"
---
#47 Posted: 03:18:58 17/03/2014
Days had been spent by Zurgon putting together a backstory for his character, albeit he hadn't come up with much still, he was happy to explain himself to the two. "Well, I've only been here a few days, trying to settle in to the differences from where I'm from, you wouldn't know the place though, it's very far and unknown, I'm an actor, that's what I'm going to be doing after school is finished with, I've heard that Casper has a wonderful dramatic arts program!" When he was finished he looked over to Ryo and spoke "Why so glum, chum? Cat got your tongue?" He had been researching cliched human phrases.
---
#48 Posted: 03:22:38 17/03/2014
Ryo looked at Shane very oddly when he asked that. He showed slight anger in his emotion.

"I...really ...its personal....." he said, lowering his head, his bangs covering his eye while he did so.
#49 Posted: 03:27:42 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Rachel opted to remain silent between Shane's explanation and the exchange between the two boys. In all honesty, she just didn't know what to say. She obviously hadn't missed Shane's somewhat.. peculiar behavior. And she hadn't missed Ryo's almost offended reaction when questioned by the other. The whole thing was definitely strange. "Must be a full moon," Rachel murmured to herself. Glancing up at the sky again, she confirmed her suspicion. Great. Now we just need werewolves howling in the distance to make everything complete.
---
#50 Posted: 03:39:43 17/03/2014
Zurgon thought for a moment and then decided that perhaps he should get back to his ship, he didn't want the Brotherhood getting angry at his premature observations, plus it was late and he wanted to get a nice long cryo-sleep before the big day.

"I do enjoy full moons, very pretty, perhaps we'll see a werewolf tonight." Zurgon had read up on mythical creatures, as aliens were considered a mythical creature themselves. With a short chuckle he placed a hand on her shoulder. "I do hope I see you two tomorrow at school, I've never had any friends before!" Inferring that they thought of him as friends. "But I better be off, I oughta get back to my cave...My...Man-cave, you know us men and our football, can't get enough of it!"
---
Page 1 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me