Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Spring Edition Skylanders [CLOSED]
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#51 Posted: 18:49:20 19/03/2014
Some of these seem to be fairly close to me in Northern CA. Maybe I should go check out Best Buy or Walmart... This is where the rational me needs to take over and not go to the store since I already pre-ordered them, and god knows I have been to Walmart enough for one lifetime in the last few weeks looking for Wave 4 and ESS.
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#52 Posted: 19:04:35 19/03/2014
My Toys R Us did receive a shipment today, but it was not the Spring Edition. They had new boxes of Freeze Blade and Trap Shadow and they had boxes of Scratch, Jet Vac, Hot Dog, and Fryno. I am in Southeastern Michigan. Anyone who didn't find those four at Walmart should check their local Toys R Us. I know many people were looking for them Sunday, but three days late isn't too bad. I did not take a picture, as I already have all of them and I figured most people would believe me since Walmart has been selling them. At the very least, if you need any of those figures a phone call couldn't hurt. Good luck.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#53 Posted: 19:51:00 19/03/2014
I'm pretty sure prim is in the US. I'm not sure which state, though. But he's always been a reliable source and even posted a picture of them.

As for Target matching the 3 for $20, I'm not sure. It would probably depend on the cashier. Try would have to figure out what to charge per Skylander, which would mean some math on their part.
cazper6687 Green Sparx Gems: 152
#54 Posted: 20:36:57 19/03/2014
A guy I talk to on the skylanders page just found these at a Walmart in Northern California be on the look out smilie

[User Posted Image]
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#55 Posted: 22:41:22 19/03/2014
Did we ever discuss whether or not there will be non-Easter releases of Punk Shock & STH?
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#56 Posted: 23:10:25 19/03/2014
Quote: stoat2337
Did we ever discuss whether or not there will be non-Easter releases of Punk Shock & STH?

Triggs likely will not have a normal version. Since fryno is out in a regular, I'd speculate that punk will be too
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#57 Posted: 01:08:55 20/03/2014
it looks like the easter egg hunt is on!
#58 Posted: 01:46:46 20/03/2014
I went to my TRU, today, and didn't see the Easter packaging, but they did have a few of the wave 4 in regular packaging. Strange thing was that it didn't seem that they had any more of the wave 4 swappers, but they had put them at the other end and other side of the aisle (next to their Giants/SSA overstock). I guess they ran out of room in the Swap Force section and just put them wherever. It could be possible that the TRU stores got them in but are holding them for the Sunday ad. Prim just said his store got them with no street date lockout, meaning that if a store put them out, they would ring up. It's definitely possible that they are still supposed to hold the, though, especially if they are having a sale next week.
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#59 Posted: 03:41:50 20/03/2014
Found all three pasco Washington Walmart
star kitty Blue Sparx Gems: 917
#60 Posted: 03:57:12 20/03/2014
Ughh, I was hoping these would pop up in Best Buy first and not Walmart. There are plenty of Best Buys near me and I have always had better luck getting their staff to help me. Since these seem to be on the west coast now I guess I can wait a week before I have to stalk Walmart again.
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#61 Posted: 04:54:32 20/03/2014
I thought there was a post saying they would release in US on 4/6. Has this changed? I know UK was suppose to get them first. There is a listing of STH on Bestbuy.com but it says sold out with no release date. Most sites display release dates when they haven't hit the streets yet. I just want to make sure.
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#62 Posted: 04:56:58 20/03/2014
Walmart just does what they want when the figures come out.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
star kitty Blue Sparx Gems: 917
#63 Posted: 06:14:27 20/03/2014
Quote: cbunny84
I thought there was a post saying they would release in US on 4/6. Has this changed? I know UK was suppose to get them first. There is a listing of STH on Bestbuy.com but it says sold out with no release date. Most sites display release dates when they haven't hit the streets yet. I just want to make sure.

Best Buy listed the release day as 4/6 but it sounds like they are starting to surface in Walmarts along the west coast early.

Best Buy Link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sk...0&skuId=3976003
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#64 Posted: 09:00:09 20/03/2014
Quote: obidawsn
I'm pretty sure prim is in the US. I'm not sure which state, though. But he's always been a reliable source and even posted a picture of them.

As for Target matching the 3 for $20, I'm not sure. It would probably depend on the cashier. Try would have to figure out what to charge per Skylander, which would mean some math on their part.

first of all you need to make sure you have a physical copy of tru's ad. It cant be online and it cant be a print out showing it's online, that's targets policy for price matching. Secondly price matches are done at guest service, regular cashiers cant do price matches. And last of all there would be hardly any math. I'm not sure the exact method for it but i assume they would just scan all 3 and put in a coupon for what ever amount that would drop it down to $20 so like around $11 would just be applied as a coupon.

Source: I'm a Target cashier smilie
---
Praise Helix!!!
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#65 Posted: 13:52:01 20/03/2014
It would be great if stores actual followed release dates and if there were release dates. Of course the store with the worst stock like target is the only store that does it right. At least walmart puts out plenty of their exclusives. Nitro MC not being available anymore is a joke. This flood that always comes down from the west is hard to figure out when we will see the release on the east. Even though I always find what I need when it comes in and I'm rushing to get them a few days later I'm punching myself bc the stores have plenty of stock and I could have waited and saved lots of gas.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#66 Posted: 14:11:17 20/03/2014
Quote:
Nitro MC not being available anymore is a joke.

Ahem, he's getting a Single Pack release.

I finally found a good picture of Punk Shock's pack in HD:

[User Posted Image]
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:50:30 20/03/2014 by Matteomax
#67 Posted: 15:47:33 20/03/2014
Well, I think I am going to buckle and head to Walmart in Livermore, CA over lunch to look for them. Maybe I can get them to price match the buy one get one 50% off from the Gamestop ad.
---
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#68 Posted: 15:52:44 20/03/2014
There were none at walmart in chino hills ca. So cal to be specific
#69 Posted: 15:56:42 20/03/2014
I saw one on eBay yesterday from Walnut Creek, CA, which is in northern Cal pretty close to Livermore. So we'll see...
---
#70 Posted: 16:10:05 20/03/2014
Quote: jbkaok
I saw one on eBay yesterday from Walnut Creek, CA, which is in northern Cal pretty close to Livermore. So we'll see...

Good luck.
---
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#71 Posted: 19:13:43 20/03/2014
Only found Springtime Trigger Happy at Walmart in Fremont, CA. Didn't pick it up since I'm only interested in Punk Shock, but they had a TON of wave 3 figures, including the series 3s.
#72 Posted: 19:19:03 20/03/2014
Well, no such luck at Livermore, but mine always seems to get them late. Dropped by Target too just for fun and nothing. No rogue Nitro Freeze Blades out yet either...
---
KrazyBoomer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1025
#73 Posted: 19:45:13 20/03/2014
Waiting for Amazon to have it so I can save on gas and enjoy 2 Day Free Shipping.
---
All Wound Up!
Top 15
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Rom713 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#74 Posted: 19:54:33 20/03/2014
Well, no such luck at Livermore, but mine always seems to get them late. Dropped by Target too just for fun and nothing. No rogue Nitro Freeze Blades out yet either...

I found all 3 Spring Edition Skylanders in Tracy, CA this morning - it is next to Livermore smilie. Our Target had Nitro Freeze Blade on the shelves too but it didn't ring up at the register and they removed all of them from shelves. I also bought Enchanted Star Strike, Trap Shadow and Freeze Blade in this WalMart today. So only Nitro Freeze Blade left for this mini wave for me.
#75 Posted: 20:18:52 20/03/2014
Quote: Rom713

I found all 3 Spring Edition Skylanders in Tracy, CA this morning - it is next to Livermore smilie. Our Target had Nitro Freeze Blade on the shelves too but it didn't ring up at the register and they removed all of them from shelves. I also bought Enchanted Star Strike, Trap Shadow and Freeze Blade in this WalMart today. So only Nitro Freeze Blade left for this mini wave for me.

How was the stock there?
---
Rom713 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#76 Posted: 20:31:56 20/03/2014

How was the stock there?

On pegs there were only two of each Spring Edition Skylanders at the moment I was there, I bought one set - so at least one set was still there at 11:00am. They were unpacking new swappers (Trap & Freeze) when I was there and I saw a few unopened boxes - have no idea what was in them. Try to call them and ask, the lady who is working today in Electronics was always very helpfull to me.
#77 Posted: 20:37:29 20/03/2014
Quote: Rom713

On pegs there were only two of each Spring Edition Skylanders at the moment I was there, I bought one set - so at least one set was still there at 11:00am. They were unpacking new swappers (Trap & Freeze) when I was there and I saw a few unopened boxes - have no idea what was in them. Try to call them and ask, the lady who is working today in Electronics was always very helpfull to me.

Will do. Thanks for the tip!
---
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#78 Posted: 22:02:10 20/03/2014
I'm all the way on the east coast, so I probably won't have to start looking until at least Monday, but just so I know what I'm looking for, does anyone know what the boxes for these guys look like? Will they just say "W4" like Scratch and Fryno were in, or is there something on the box that designates them as a special wave for Easter?
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
#79 Posted: 23:14:44 20/03/2014
These guys are showing up on Target.com, not in stock yet;

http://www.target.com/p/skylan...py/-/A-15259208

http://www.target.com/p/skylan...no/-/A-15259207

No Punk Shock..
---
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#80 Posted: 09:15:09 21/03/2014
considering they are showing up on websites now from target and in CA, I hope they atleast don't show up on the east coast until wednesday. It is a bit staggering to have low funds and all of these releases are happening around the same time.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Shawn Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#81 Posted: 10:38:11 21/03/2014
Maybe Target will surprise us Sunday when they release Nitro. One can hope at least
---
Where's me goats?
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#82 Posted: 14:33:29 21/03/2014
Well, prim on CAG mentioned that while his TRU got them in and they were not street dated, apparently a register lock has been added on them for 4/6. So people can stop checking there. He was the guy that first reported them there, along with images.

Best Buy also has them as 4/6. I have a feeling this is a universal date, similar to Jolly Bumble Blast.

Therefore, right now it seems Walmart is going to be the only early source of these. And they may still yet add a register lock by the time they get rolled out everywhere. But, the good news is that means they will be able to be found consistently on that date and eliminate the need to constantly check stores for the next two and a half weeks.
#83 Posted: 16:14:21 21/03/2014
defplally beat me to it with the prim update. I was bummed to see the 4/6 date. I was hoping they would be a part of next week's sale or would be able to use the 20% off coupon this week (as I'm not sure I want to spend $20 to get 3, right now, anyway). At least they have been getting the regular wave 4 figures. But my son really hasn't cared much for the corelands. He mainly only cares about getting the swappers. But, as much as I'm tired of having so many Trigger Happys, I wanted to get the Springtime one for his Easter basket.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#84 Posted: 17:29:01 21/03/2014
Quote: obidawsn
defplally beat me to it with the prim update. I was bummed to see the 4/6 date. I was hoping they would be a part of next week's sale or would be able to use the 20% off coupon this week (as I'm not sure I want to spend $20 to get 3, right now, anyway). At least they have been getting the regular wave 4 figures. But my son really hasn't cared much for the corelands. He mainly only cares about getting the swappers. But, as much as I'm tired of having so many Trigger Happys, I wanted to get the Springtime one for his Easter basket.

I'm curious, why do people hate "so many Trigger Happys"? He is a cool character, my youngest son loves him - he has a plush he keeps on his bed, a Mega Bloks set with him and it was the first one he could pronounce (kinda). This one makes five of him, and he isn't even in the lead. Spyro has seven, Chop Chop has seven, Eruptor has seven, Prism Break has six, Stealth Elf has six and Cynder has six. He is actually pretty fun to play, too. I'm just as sick of the reposes as the next guy, but this Easter variant is pretty cool, with the bomb having the egg theme.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#85 Posted: 18:34:18 21/03/2014
We were just able to grab Springtime TH and Easter packaging Punk Shock at the Walmart @ 83rd & Union Hills in Peoria, AZ. I had to ASK for them tho. None of them were in the cardboard display. The manager of electronics said that he had 4 boxes of the Easter guys in the back.

Good luck.

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
dcapelan Blue Sparx Gems: 746
#86 Posted: 21:42:36 21/03/2014
Found at Wal-Mart @McKinney Ranch Parkway & Lake Forest in McKinney, TX . Along with these were Enchanted Star Strike, Freeze Blade and Trap Shadow. They had about three each of the spring packaged, several more of the ESS and a couple of the new swappers. There were also some Rubble Rouser and Spy Rise, haven't seen them on the shelves much.
Spybomb Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#87 Posted: 00:15:58 22/03/2014
Found at Sam's club

Found at Sam's Club Southern,IN
#88 Posted: 00:42:43 22/03/2014
My toys r us said the system will let you buy them but the release date is 4/6 but some associates may sell them early. I'm calling toys guys manager right now. I Have no problem waiting till the 6th but if someone else can sell them to a customer but the rest of us have to wait it's crap. So basically it just depends on who you know or how dumb the employee is. Wow.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#89 Posted: 01:19:58 22/03/2014
This is the same issue with every release.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
johnsonsteven86 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1563
#90 Posted: 01:23:18 22/03/2014
Found them at toys r us gastonia, nc. Cant purchase until 4/6
---
WTB: Frito-lay Hotdog as cheap as possible
#91 Posted: 01:53:57 22/03/2014
If there are any left at toys r us on 4/6. After this issue and the past ones I'm not wasting my time with toys r us anymore. If it's not a figure that's exclusive to toys r us then I'm not buying it there. I'll prob choose bestbuy since they have a release date and are standing by it unless they pop up on amazon. Same thing happened with dragons peak and every release since besides the initial releases. That's why Noone will say om ebay where they got them. Bc it's toys r us. Tempted to buy one off ebay if I knew tru could scan it and see who sold it. They shouldn't get to choose who they sell them to.
#92 Posted: 02:24:20 22/03/2014
Quote: defpally

I'm curious, why do people hate "so many Trigger Happys"? He is a cool character, my youngest son loves him - he has a plush he keeps on his bed, a Mega Bloks set with him and it was the first one he could pronounce (kinda). This one makes five of him, and he isn't even in the lead. Spyro has seven, Chop Chop has seven, Eruptor has seven, Prism Break has six, Stealth Elf has six and Cynder has six. He is actually pretty fun to play, too. I'm just as sick of the reposes as the next guy, but this Easter variant is pretty cool, with the bomb having the egg theme.

It's the same for all the reposes. Trigger Happy is just one that I have multiples of. I guess I also have 2 Spyros. But I don't want another Spyro, either, except for a possible in-game variant. That's what makes Springtime TH more interesting. I have no interest in get the regular S3 TH. As for the others you listed, there aren't that many. I believe you would have to be counting chase or other non in-game variants. I don't count those at all.

Quote: DrillSarge
My toys r us said the system will let you buy them but the release date is 4/6 but some associates may sell them early. I'm calling toys guys manager right now. I Have no problem waiting till the 6th but if someone else can sell them to a customer but the rest of us have to wait it's crap. So basically it just depends on who you know or how dumb the employee is. Wow.

TRU can't sell them so don't everyone jump all over them. There is a definite register lockout on them. Although they were hitting some stores before the lockout got entered. It's possible the shipments just arrived earlier than expected. Of course, if an employee put them out and a cashier wasn't paying attention, you could be lucky and find one that would ring up a regular Skylander in its place. But it would be a huge YMMV and could happen anywhere. It would probably be more likely to happen at Walmart or Target than Toys R Us, though.
#93 Posted: 12:13:49 22/03/2014
Picked up Springtime Trigger Happy and Punk Shock at Walmart in Southeastern Michigan. They had them out on top of the new display. They had 4 Trigger Happy, 3 Punk Shock, and 2 Fryno. I did not see any of the regular packaging Wave 4 corelanders, but they did have around 10 to 15 each of both Trap Shadow and Freeze Blade. They also had around 8 Enchanted Star Strikes. Good luck hunting.
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#94 Posted: 12:57:44 22/03/2014
Griswold, can you say where specifically? I'm in Lansing, and I'm wondering how far away you are; you always seem to be AT LEAST a few days before they appear here.
21dc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1830
#95 Posted: 13:14:09 22/03/2014
Found Springtime Trigger Happy and Punk Shock at Walmart in Moline, IL (Quad Cities) this morning. They had at 3-4 each of the new Easter packaged new releases. Located them in the regular aisle not on the new display.
#96 Posted: 14:17:21 22/03/2014
Walmart in Taylor, Michigan. I would ask an associate to look in back if you cannot find them on the floor. I am guessing that most stores in Michigan have them.
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#97 Posted: 14:20:43 22/03/2014
Grisworldthunder, I'm in Macomb, MI . Where are u finding these?
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#98 Posted: 14:25:34 22/03/2014
Out of curiosity, has anyone who preordered the figures from Best Buy heard anything from them yet about shipping? It, like TRU still says the release date is 4/6, but I'm just curious if anyone has gotten them to start preparing the order yet.

I'm not sure what to do right now...if I see Triggs in the stores, I'll likely just buy him because Best Buy can just up and cancel the order at any time. Not that they would, but it's still on the table I figured.

Seems like most people are finding them at Walmarts...so no one has seen them at Target yet?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#99 Posted: 14:42:42 22/03/2014
Target has listings for two of three on their site, and you can search store locations for them. Doesn't seem like there have been any reports of any of those listings showing as in-stock, yet.
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#100 Posted: 14:53:05 22/03/2014
Found a single, lonely scratch today at Walmart at the very back of the top rack of the regular Skylanders section...Nothing else though.

Is it only the Easter Fryno/Punk Shock that is being held to 4/6? I could care less about the packaging (cuz I'm removing them all from them anyway for a Skylanders Easter Scavenger Hunt bonanza)...so it would be nice to just get 'er done and buy those two sooner than later....Also hoping Doom Stone releases before Easter.
---
Here we go again...!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:53:39 22/03/2014 by Skylanders Dad
First | Page 2 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me