Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 5 of 6 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Spring Edition Skylanders [CLOSED]
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#201 Posted: 19:02:32 26/03/2014
I am so mad went to toys r us last night guy told me not until 4/6 I told him about the lifted street date and asked him to check in the back but he just said he would not because they would not be released until 4/6
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#202 Posted: 19:27:36 26/03/2014
For everyone going "CURSE YOU TOYS R' US" for not selling you the stuff early, keep in mind that a lot of stores don't get communication about sales dates being lifted. If a store puts something out early just because it rings through the register, if the box has a date on it there's still a chance that the store can get in serious trouble for that.

Yes, we all want toys, but do you want someone losing their job for giving them to you?
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#203 Posted: 20:22:07 26/03/2014
Quote: Kung Fu Man
For everyone going "CURSE YOU TOYS R' US" for not selling you the stuff early, keep in mind that a lot of stores don't get communication about sales dates being lifted. If a store puts something out early just because it rings through the register, if the box has a date on it there's still a chance that the store can get in serious trouble for that.

Yes, we all want toys, but do you want someone losing their job for giving them to you?

While I understand and agree with the sentiment of your message, I was advised by the manager at my TRU that all TRU managers received an email from HQ regarding the lifting of the 4/6 lockout date after it was lifted. If managers aren't properly communicating the most up-to-date information to their workers regarding popular, in-demand, "must have" items, they're not doing their jobs properly, no matter what is marked on the boxes. If there hadn't been any internal communication I would concur that it's not yet time for torches and pitchforks, but that does not appear to be the case.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
fuelbizkit Blue Sparx Gems: 890
#204 Posted: 21:00:34 26/03/2014
Quote: darkchylde28
Quote: Kung Fu Man

While I understand and agree with the sentiment of your message, I was advised by the manager at my TRU that all TRU managers received an email from HQ regarding the lifting of the 4/6 lockout date after it was lifted. If managers aren't properly communicating the most up-to-date information to their workers regarding popular, in-demand, "must have" items, they're not doing their jobs properly, no matter what is marked on the boxes. If there hadn't been any internal communication I would concur that it's not yet time for torches and pitchforks, but that does not appear to be the case.

-Doug

Besides, I'm not cursing TRU managers, just upset at people who won't even try. I personally think it's BS that the managers don't all hear about it at the same time. It's 2014, there is no way someone know about it before everyone else and if they say that, then they just didn't take the time to check their e-mail. Someone that works for that company had to know at some point, otherwise how did we find out...
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#205 Posted: 21:43:11 26/03/2014
I'm wondering if these manager's behavior is because of the buy 3 for $20 sale? They don't want people to get these figures at a discount. Considering all the Skylanders, it's a small price, but I wonder. TRU has significant stock on the shelves, yet it isn't moving. To add insult to injury, people aren't buying the old stuff, and only care about the new figures.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#206 Posted: 22:49:33 26/03/2014
went to another toysrus they said they had nothing in new but a new box of the trap shadows etc which i got to look thru, i tried telling him they prob have had the easter ones in the back for a month but he said no and wouldnt look so idk. I did get 3 scratchs at the 3 for $20 so i plan to return those back to walmart.
swanylyn Gold Sparx Gems: 2738
#207 Posted: 23:02:33 26/03/2014
I've seen people mention finding the spring skylanders at walmart, toys r us and best buy but does anyone know when, if at all, will the spring skylanders make it to gamestop? I'm only really concerned about trying to find triggs there and he hasn't shown up on the gamestop website yet.
Shippin Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#208 Posted: 23:06:56 26/03/2014
Knowing gamestop they'll get them about 2 months after everyone else. I still haven't seen wave 3 in gamestops yet (other than swappers) but maybe that's just my local ones.
Daxious Gold Sparx Gems: 2392
#209 Posted: 00:31:06 27/03/2014
I live in North Georgia and I have a very nice and rare relationship with my local GameStop. Nevertheless, I got a text message from the store manager this morning, and to my surprise he received a shipment of the Springtime figures. I didn't see the exact box, but the pic he sent me had the 3 Easter figs, Trap Shadow, Fire Kraken (regular) and Freeze Blade. I called another GS in the next town and they had the same shipment. Just a heads up.
Jeramia Blue Sparx Gems: 645
#210 Posted: 00:37:25 27/03/2014
I picked up all 3 at my SAMs club today they had 5 of each.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#211 Posted: 02:09:46 27/03/2014
honestly i wish they kept the 4/6 street date so most of us could have had a breather from the releases. As most people tend to buy for more than one person at a time it adds up. That and the fact that not every area has a toysrus unless you travel out far in hopes of scoring the easter set and walmart has not got them in here yet.

That might be my issues but I'm sure others are having similar ones. Every retailer should have them, but most people will not see all retailers and the fact with so many scalpers. (I saw the one person on amazon after the announcement of having them in stock that one seller had 19 in stock at a higher price)

For me this is about the last bit of hunting except for jade fire kracken and kickoff countdown. I'm not really interested in anything else. I'm sure many are at that too now.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#212 Posted: 11:10:27 27/03/2014
Simple story on my end:

Went to TRU last night. Easter versions (all 3) were on the pegs. Bought one of each. Zero issue at the register with 3 for 20 deal. Bingo Bango Bongo. Funny thing is I was going in for something different and decided to take a look and there they were. Nice little surprise. And yeah, I love the smaller packaging size, although the character art is still appreciated.
---
Here we go again...!
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#213 Posted: 13:50:13 27/03/2014
I'm headed to my Walmart to buy the spring ones today. Hope they still have them. I also am gonna grab pumpkin eye brawl and jolly bumble blast, since they always seem to have those too. Hmmm are there any other holiday ones besides those?
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#214 Posted: 15:18:41 27/03/2014
Went to a different Toysrus yesterday, and the difference between my experience at that store compared to my local store was night and day. The guy at the electronics counter didn't know about the spring figures, but politely looked for the box, found it, opened them up, verified they weren't locked at the register, and sold me 3 for $20. I was in and out within 5 minutes.

Still waiting to hear back from Toysrus customer service about my local store. Not trying to get anyone in trouble at my local store, which I really like, but they were somewhat in the wrong.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#215 Posted: 15:29:43 27/03/2014
Well, I took a trip to another ToysRUs.. They completely refused to bring out a box, but they brought out a box of the Swap characters.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#216 Posted: 15:30:56 27/03/2014
Report from Charlotte, NC Toys R Us this morning: the "spring" Skylanders are not on the shelves/pegs in the store, but they do have dozens of cases of them in their electronics stockroom/closet. The staff at the TRU was under the impression that they should not stock them on the floor until April 6th. The manager was willing to sell me one of each anyway, but he was not convinced that other TRU locations were stocking these yet. Sounds like based on this and reports from others above in this thread ... your results will likely vary heavily from place-to-place at TRU locations right now.

It's probably already been mentioned by somebody here, but just in case it hasn't and people are wondering ... the case assortment for the "spring" box is six (6) Trigger Happy, four (4) Punk Shock, and two (2) Fryno per box.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#217 Posted: 15:44:16 27/03/2014
Grabbed Springtime Trigger Happy, Fire Bone Hot Dog, and Punk Shock in Attleboro, MA at TRU with the 3 for $20 deal
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#218 Posted: 17:08:50 27/03/2014
Thanks to Daxious for the heads-up!

Checked the Howell Mill Gamestop on my lunch break and got all three Spring characters, Fire Bone Hot Dog, Turbo Jet Vac and Scratch. Now if only I didn't live near the absolute worst walmart in the universe, I'd be able to get Enchanted Lightcore Star Strike. They will put it out eventually, I guess.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#219 Posted: 20:48:50 27/03/2014
Amazon got them back in stock so i ordered there. Since walmart was taking awhile along with that there is no toysrus here to get from for them. That was the better solution for me for now.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#220 Posted: 21:21:50 27/03/2014
Got it on Amazon as well, thanks for the heads up.
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#221 Posted: 21:50:36 27/03/2014
I just managed to order them too...I may have to wait a few days on Fryno since it looks like he went out of stock before I added him to my cart. Thanks for the tip!
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#222 Posted: 22:00:24 27/03/2014
I ended up taking em all back to Walmart. Needed the money more than I thought. Oh well :/
I'm sure I'll find them all again at some point.
star kitty Blue Sparx Gems: 917
#223 Posted: 00:24:53 28/03/2014
Just tried Toys R Us by Kings Plaza in Brooklyn NY and no luck. Has anyone in NYC been able to find these? I'm trying to avoid the trip to Walmart in Long Island, especially after all the back and forth I did for Wave 4.
TransBat Green Sparx Gems: 261
#224 Posted: 00:45:14 28/03/2014
I was able to snag all 3 Skylanders at the Gainesville, FL TRU this past Monday. I had to have the employees check the back, who found them, but mentioned the street date about April 6 last they had heard. This store has always been great to work with for my wife and I, and when I mentioned the street date had been lifted and they should be able to see the figures now scan at the register, they checked with the manager, and after seeing no lock out date, he agreed I could purchase a set no problem, and the checkout counter scanned them at 3 for $20 without any overrides needed. They didn't put any more out at the time, because shelves were full, and he wanted to keep some figures available in case April 6 was still an important date. He did check their computers for a memo stating the lockout had been released, but didn't find it at that time. I haven't been by there since, so they could have put out more figures.
gunny34446 Red Sparx Gems: 90
#225 Posted: 00:52:58 28/03/2014
Just picked all three up at Same's Club in Augusta, Me. Also saw them at Walmart too.
Secretsof2113 Blue Sparx Gems: 842
#226 Posted: 01:05:52 28/03/2014
Gamestop has started to get in the Wave 4 and spring characters, so for those of you having no luck, give them a shot. You may get lucky!
Spinall4 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1019
#227 Posted: 02:22:51 28/03/2014
Got mine at toysrus today!! i asked very nicely and waited a few minutes. They brought a box out and let me pick my three.
---
I have an unopened molten hot dog,s2 Bash,QDRS,HFR and flocked STTh . Looking for granite crusher,polar whirlwind,volcanic vault and other rares.
Konartiz Green Sparx Gems: 260
#228 Posted: 04:40:50 28/03/2014
I work for Gamestop and we got them in today. So I was able to get the one's I needed, instead of driving around this was a first.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:45:53 28/03/2014 by Konartiz
#229 Posted: 11:26:57 28/03/2014
spinall and konartiz where do you live
---
wayiswho Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#230 Posted: 12:14:39 28/03/2014
One of the TRUs in Toledo, OH set up their spring figures last saturday actually. The guy working was very happy to take me over to it when I asked if they had them out yet. They had plenty of all 3.
big_matt Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#231 Posted: 12:55:52 28/03/2014
Quote: star kitty
Just tried Toys R Us by Kings Plaza in Brooklyn NY and no luck. Has anyone in NYC been able to find these? I'm trying to avoid the trip to Walmart in Long Island, especially after all the back and forth I did for Wave 4.

Yesterday, an employee at TRU in Paramus, NJ (close enough to NYC) told me that the "Easter assortment" couldn't be put out until 4/1. Fortunately, I found them at WM in Saddle Brook, NJ, and was only at TRU to pick up the other Wave 4 figs.
Konartiz Green Sparx Gems: 260
#232 Posted: 13:23:15 28/03/2014
I live in New Jersey, I'm pretty sure each store got 1-2 boxes in yesterday.
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#233 Posted: 17:58:27 28/03/2014
I just found the 3 springtime landers plus Enchanted Star Strike at Walmart in Derby, CT.
crowtrobot Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#234 Posted: 18:25:52 28/03/2014
Quote: Secretsof2113
Gamestop has started to get in the Wave 4 and spring characters, so for those of you having no luck, give them a shot. You may get lucky!

Just grabbed the Springtime set from Game Stop in Scranton, PA. They had like 2 pegs of each.
#235 Posted: 19:28:31 28/03/2014
Just found them at GameStop at Queens Center Mall in NY. There was still 2 STH and 2 Punk Shocks there when I left. They may have more in the back though. They also had all of Wave 4.
wickedrunt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1161
#236 Posted: 21:23:14 28/03/2014
Our TRU sucks I went there today and they said they can't release till 4/6 so I said ok then went to Walmart in Pittston and guess what there they were all the easter ones! so I went back to TRU in Wilkes Barre and showed them and said Look what I got! HAHAHAHA! You just lost my business I said, not like they care but still! also if your looking for enchanted star strike Walmart in Pittston had like 15 of them.
#237 Posted: 22:26:25 28/03/2014
Actually, Wickedrunt, they do care, so I applaud you. The reason the TRU "hold date" was lifted was probably because TRU realized that people would just do exactly what you did: go to Wal-Mart or Best Buy or Amazon and just buy them there. Unfortunately, it seems that TRU has done a very inconsistent and incomplete job of communicating the "lift" on the "hold date" to all of their store locations. Thumbs down to TRU for that.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#238 Posted: 22:28:55 28/03/2014
Quote: wickedrunt
Our TRU sucks I went there today and they said they can't release till 4/6 so I said ok then went to Walmart in Pittston and guess what there they were all the easter ones! so I went back to TRU in Wilkes Barre and showed them and said Look what I got! HAHAHAHA! You just lost my business I said, not like they care but still! also if your looking for enchanted star strike Walmart in Pittston had like 15 of them.

Relevant part bolded. Some stores have decided to not put them out and err on the side of caution, given no official note from corporate was sent out notifying stores of the date being lifted - the register was simply adjusted. Not sure why you wasted your time going back there, but I am sure the employees got a good laugh at your expense after you left.

Their corporate *might* care, but apparently not enough to send out a store note telling them to stock them on the shelves and sell. You weren't talking to corporate (those responsible), however. Please direct your disdain at the proper people - the decision makers, not the low wage employees following directions as best they know.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:31:59 28/03/2014 by defpally
crowtrobot Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#239 Posted: 22:41:51 28/03/2014
Quote: wickedrunt

If you are talking North East Pennsylvania, then the new Walmart on Main Ave in Scranton had a few today. I stopped in there after Gamestop and they had I believe 3 there. Now I just need to lock down Nitro F. B.
junun Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#240 Posted: 23:34:23 28/03/2014
TRU in Carle Place, NY put them out today, plenty of each. Picked up all three with the 3 for $20 deal that ends tomorrow.
racingtopic Green Sparx Gems: 361
#241 Posted: 01:18:21 29/03/2014
stop by at walmart in san leandro, ca. they had a bunch of enchanted star strike, freeze blade, trap shadow, and some easter figures: two STH, two punk shock, and one fryno. i scored the following: fire kraken, hornblast whirlwhind, and Hyper Beam Prism Break...
#242 Posted: 15:26:51 29/03/2014
for those of us in hamburg ny gamestop in mckinley plaza has them
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#243 Posted: 15:45:41 29/03/2014
the're out now in store at best buy. i got punk shock there with no trouble at all.
khamsoft17 Green Sparx Gems: 291
#244 Posted: 20:41:25 29/03/2014
Just got springtime trigger happy and punk shock at a GameStop in Brandon, FL.
#245 Posted: 23:23:43 29/03/2014
I don't mean to sound like I'm judging, but why are people buying these (this week, anyway) at Best Buy or GameStop? Toys R Us is Buy 2, Get 1 Free this week (through the close of business tonight anyway)?

Is there no TRU near you guys, Khamsoft, ZapNorris, SprocketRocket, Star Kitty? Or are the TRU stores near you still being stubborn/uninformed about putting the Easter Skylanders out on the shelves? Just curious.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:24:04 29/03/2014 by BahamutBreaker
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#246 Posted: 23:36:42 29/03/2014
yeah. TRU around me is suckish.
triggernut Emerald Sparx Gems: 3483
#247 Posted: 23:54:58 29/03/2014
My TRU still doesn't have these figures out either, neither does my Walmart. I wound up picking them up at my local Sam's Club instead.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#248 Posted: 23:58:04 29/03/2014
Saw a ton of them at a GameStop in a mall.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#249 Posted: 01:44:05 30/03/2014
Quote: BahamutBreaker
I don't mean to sound like I'm judging, but why are people buying these (this week, anyway) at Best Buy or GameStop? Toys R Us is Buy 2, Get 1 Free this week (through the close of business tonight anyway)?

Is there no TRU near you guys, Khamsoft, ZapNorris, SprocketRocket, Star Kitty? Or are the TRU stores near you still being stubborn/uninformed about putting the Easter Skylanders out on the shelves? Just curious.

Well, for me I couldn't find them at Toys R Us(I tried 2) and their staff wasn't very helpful. When I was at the Mall on Friday. I decided to pop into GameStop to see what they had and found them. So I just bought them there.
racingtopic Green Sparx Gems: 361
#250 Posted: 04:26:28 30/03/2014
definitely gamestop have it. my local gamestop at fashion faire place in san leandro was fully stock of everything. wave 4, springtime edition, and freeze blade, trap shadow. shouldn't be hard to find for anyone still looking. wave 4 is also available at gamestop.com as mentioned by a poster in another thread. and yeah some tru is still thinking the release date is 4/6. i called tru in hayward, ca and they told me release date is 4/6 even when i informed them that the register lock was lifted and it will ring up.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 6 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me