Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 4 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Spring Edition Skylanders [CLOSED]
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#151 Posted: 18:37:20 24/03/2014
Hmm i may go look in a few then for these or just wait since they are easter gifts hmm,.
SkylndrDudesDad Red Sparx Gems: 58
#152 Posted: 20:14:27 24/03/2014
Found at Walmart in Catonsville, MD. They had plenty of each. Wasn't sure if the Fryno was a new pose, but my son said it isn't. He wants to keep Fryno because he can get the other path. What do you all think I should do? Return Fryno or let the little guy keep him?

[img[User Posted Image]][User Posted Image][/img]
longsh0t Yellow Sparx Gems: 1293
#153 Posted: 20:15:17 24/03/2014
Went to the TRU in Tacoma, WA and asked about the Easter figures. The CSR confirmed that they had them so I told him about the street date being lifted. He was happy to check and when they didn't ring up with a street date I was able to buy all three. He even checked his back stock and I was able to pick up Hot Dog, Scratch, Fryno and Jet-Vac as well.
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#154 Posted: 20:38:54 24/03/2014
TRU PINOLE, CA. Has them in back. The register is unlocked. Very helpful employee. They wont put them out due to overstock, but he went and got me STH And punk shock. My daughter is very happy. Happy hunting everyone.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:41:28 25/03/2014 by Jonlander
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#155 Posted: 20:42:38 24/03/2014
Well, I went to ToysRUs a few minutes ago, and I was first greeted by a new display:

[User Posted Image]

No Spring figures, but as you can obviously see, tons of Freeze Blade and Trap Shadow. I found a Bronze/Silver Trap Shadow!!!!! (lol, just kidding.)

I went to electronics, nothing.

So I talked with a manager. He said they were street dated, so I told him that the date was lifted.

Sure enough, he brought a box of them out! Got all 3.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:23:23 24/03/2014 by Matteomax
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#156 Posted: 20:48:33 24/03/2014
Same deal in Dublin, CA. Called this morning and manager confirmed lifted street date. They had them out by the time I got there in the afternoon. About 16 of each one, so they probably had more in back. I was also able to get the 3 for $20 deal on them even though they didn't ring up that way initially! So long Best Buy preorder...
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#157 Posted: 21:00:01 24/03/2014
I got mine today too. Almost bought a set on ebay for $40 if it was going to be the 6th. I could see spending 10$ extra bc my toys r us cost me 10$ to get there and back anyways. Now I don't have to worry about it.
Cheshiremonkey Gold Sparx Gems: 2068
#158 Posted: 21:15:19 24/03/2014
Went to three Walmarts, two Targets, a Best Buy, and a Toys r us today in Bloomington/Normal and Peoria, IL today with no luck. The employees knew nothing about them
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#159 Posted: 21:40:45 24/03/2014
Well, by now most if not all TRU have gotten them. Now whether they sell them or are willing to get them out of the back - that is still the question of the day. A lot of times employees will simply tell you they don't have them rather than try to explain how street dates work. It was originally NOT register locked, but then mid last week they added one for Sunday, April 6. It's unclear if a notice went around to the stores, but if they stocked them when they came in last week they found out real quick they could not sell them because it wouldn't ring them up, so they probably pulled them and put them up in the back (and maybe noted it on the cases).

Now, however, apparently this weekend, the register lock was removed. Probably since Walmart wasn't honoring a street date. When that happens, stores will frequently go back to the manufacturer and see if they must also honor it. If one store can sell them, it's unfair to others to be bound by the street date - it means lost sales and makes retailers very unhappy. As much Skylanders business TRU does, they likely can force the issue and get it lifted.

If they did get a note last week, or found out by trying to ring one up then as far as they know it is still register locked. If you get a willing manager to try it again, they will ring up due to the lift of the date. However, it really depends on how comfortable they are in doing that. Some may feel it is not worth it to do that, but if they try ringing it up they will ring up. Just cross your fingers the person you ask will give it a try - because that's the only way they will find out it is ok. Don't get upset at the employee if they will not check, a couple action figures isn't worth it if they aren't comfortable doing that. I asked the guy at our store several times to make sure it was ok, I don't want him to get into trouble. He said if they ring up, they can sell it.

Now also, they have a 3 for $20 sale going on, but these figures do not automatically trigger the sale. They have to do it manually. At my store, he pulled the ad and the tag on the figures to just make sure it didn't say anything that would disqualify it. It does not, so he just price adjusted it and used the sale tag for reference. It appears to be in how the figures are coded. They may or may not do this adjustment (the sale doesn't say Easter figures are disqualified, it says ALL Skylanders $9.99-$10.99, and they are $10.99). Again, this will depend on the employee doing it. I'd say if you had trouble getting them to even sell them to you, your chances of pushing this point might be a question. They could always just put them back in the case and tell you to come back 4/6 if you give them a hard time. The corporate people are responsible for these conflicting issues on dates and sales, not the underpaid employees. When they lifted the street date, they probably forgot to code the figures as working for the sale (since they originally weren't going to be out in time for it anyways).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:41:40 24/03/2014 by defpally
racingtopic Green Sparx Gems: 361
#160 Posted: 01:08:01 25/03/2014
just got back tru in pinole, ca. thanks Jonlander for the tip. they were out on the pegs as of 5pm and is ringing up for 3 for $20. at first the electronic dept employees said he wasn't sure if it will ring up 3 for $20 as it is a special edition. told me to go to the front customer service dept and bring the tag to see if they will honor it. to my surprise, it rang up 3 for $20, so i bought two punk shock and STH. so happy....
#161 Posted: 02:41:19 25/03/2014
Nice! Yeah I forgot to add that the guy who helped me had to adjust the price so they rang right. So glad they put them out. My daughters STH is already level 10. Lol. Good times...
#162 Posted: 04:25:14 25/03/2014
Wife found themat walmart tonight thou i may call my toysrus and ask about them as id rather get the 3 for 20 dealas i got like 4 sets of these today. They do look cool as easter eggs.
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#163 Posted: 06:20:53 25/03/2014
The guy at my toys r us was very helpful and brought me 2 Springtime Trigger Happys and a Punk Shock. Also rang up as the sale 3 for $20. I have to admit, I wish the packaging for all characters was this size. I just seems better to me.
star kitty Blue Sparx Gems: 917
#164 Posted: 08:25:55 25/03/2014
Quote: SlayerX11
Wife found themat walmart tonight thou i may call my toysrus and ask about them as id rather get the 3 for 20 dealas i got like 4 sets of these today. They do look cool as easter eggs.

Which Walmart did you find them? Oh, and were they out on the shelf or did your wife have to ask for them?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:18:26 25/03/2014 by star kitty
#165 Posted: 10:30:00 25/03/2014
For those that found them at Toys R Us, how were the staff able to locate the figures? Did you just ask for the figures by name or did they have to look up a code or something??
#166 Posted: 13:41:18 25/03/2014
Quote: star kitty
Quote: SlayerX11

Which Walmart did you find them? Oh, and were they out on the shelf or did your wife have to ask for them?

East Meadow, thou she bought what they had for the 4 sets we needed. I'll ask her what was left.

Toysrus I went to Carle Place and asked but the girl didn't seem to know what i was talking about and looked new as Ive never seen her there before, may try again later as Id rather get them there for the 3 for 20 and return the walmart set. Thou, my wife is going to see if walmart will match toysrus price.

In other odd news trap shadow im seeing everywhere and freeze blade not so much, im talking like a 1 to every 6 ratio.
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#167 Posted: 13:58:13 25/03/2014
Glad to see there is a whole display, hopefully that means they'll be easy to find soon. (My TRU has tons of Freeze Blades and Trap Shadows but I spent all my money on Enchanted Star Strike and Nitro Freeze Blade lol and I'm saving some for the Happy Meal toys).
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
Shawn Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#168 Posted: 14:37:35 25/03/2014
Quote: star kitty
For those that found them at Toys R Us, how were the staff able to locate the figures? Did you just ask for the figures by name or did they have to look up a code or something??

I dealt with the employee in the electronic section. He went into a locked side room in the section and got them. I asked for spring edition islanders and he immediately knew what I was talking about
---
Where's me goats?
chritall2 Blue Sparx Gems: 515
#169 Posted: 14:43:50 25/03/2014
Just an FYI, Walmart price matches so you can get the 3/$20 deal there if you find them. Found them yesterday in NJ walmart and did price match.
#170 Posted: 14:47:25 25/03/2014
For me, i asked if they had the easter spring time skylanders. I then explained that the register should be unlocked, in case he already knew about them. He went in the stock room in back and then came back and told me he had them, but that they were overstocked, so which ones did i want.
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#171 Posted: 15:06:13 25/03/2014
No easter display at TRU but I was able to get the easter figures. I had to ask about them and the store worker brought out the ones that I wanted.
longsh0t Yellow Sparx Gems: 1293
#172 Posted: 16:03:35 25/03/2014
I picked up an extra Punk Shock and TriggerHappy for a friend who ended up not needing them. Willing to sell them at cost to anyone in the Seattle/Tacoma area who's interested ($12.00) although I have a feeling there's going to be ample supply for all of these soon enough.
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
Rheyvynn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#173 Posted: 16:20:31 25/03/2014
I had quite the opposite experience.
In Columbus, OH, there are 3 TRUs, and after calling/going to 2 of them, they said that even though the figures are no longer register locked, they had not gotten any official communication stating that the street date was lifted, so they were unable(/unwilling) to sell them, and that was from the manager.
We know someone who works in the electronics dept, and he was more than willing to do it, but the manager said no go.
/sigh
#174 Posted: 17:00:44 25/03/2014
Quote:
East Meadow, thou she bought what they had for the 4 sets we needed. I'll ask her what was left.

Toysrus I went to Carle Place and asked but the girl didn't seem to know what i was talking about and looked new as Ive never seen her there before, may try again later as Id rather get them there for the 3 for 20 and return the walmart set. Thou, my wife is going to see if walmart will match toysrus price.

In other odd news trap shadow im seeing everywhere and freeze blade not so much, im talking like a 1 to every 6 ratio.

Oh okay, that's good to know. You just saved me an unnecessary drive. I think I may try a Toys R Us closer to me than. It seems like most are having an easy enough time acquiring the figures there. Hopefully I will be as lucky!
Shippin Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#175 Posted: 17:08:03 25/03/2014
They are in-stock on amazon, only 5 of each left!

http://www.amazon.com/Skylande...e+trigger+happy
TheLurk Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#176 Posted: 17:13:24 25/03/2014
The TRU in Bellevue WA had them all. They were on a 4-sided display (not a boxed one, but a regular store one with pegs). One whole side had them, and they rung up fine for the 3 for 20 sale. Sadly, everyone was so busy, they couldn't check in back for the figs I'm still missing (Scratch, Jet-vac, Hot-dog). But hey, at least I got the Spring Editions! smilie There were quite a few last I checked, so if anyone wants to call them up first, or just go there, they might still have them.
---
SF 13 SF, 19 reg, 5 LC, TT, FF, JBB
Got: extra Cynders, 1 Lgd Trigger Happy.
WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!! WOOHOO!!
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#177 Posted: 17:23:55 25/03/2014
I obtained Punk Shock & Springtime Trigger Happy at the TRU of Huntington Beach CA. Only 4 more to go. May the best hunter(s) win...
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
Dsi568 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3173
#178 Posted: 17:48:31 25/03/2014
After telling the manager at my TRU of the lifted street date, I bought punk shock and springtime trigger happy!! For those around Danbury CT, they just began to unpack about 4 boxes of these guys on the shelves.
---
Instagram: Skymiibomon_U
Twitter: @skymiibomon_U
NNID: dsi568
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#179 Posted: 19:32:27 25/03/2014
Walmart in Cassville MO has them on the shelves now. I didn't have the cash for em but if anyone in the area is needing them, go for it.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#180 Posted: 21:16:18 25/03/2014
Mine in New Hartford, NY had a ton of them today. Got the trio for $20 on sale.

[User Posted Image]

I had to check over the Trigger Happies as several of them had some strange gunk on the figure itself, like who ever packed them had chocolatey fingers or something.

Also, if it hasn't been said before, they have a buy one game $19.99 or below, get the second one for 40% off. I didn't notice that from last week. And last weeks discount sale of 20-30-40-50% off certain clearance games and any other store stuff is still going. Most of the clearance games and game stuff is 40%, but not very much is worth getting in my opinion. I did get lucky and found a cheap Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3DS for $8.99 after discount and people are raving about the cheap Kid Icarus 3DS for $24, but almost everything else is cheaper on Amazon. Several Skylanders stuffs is clearanced off at 40%, like the carry cases and whatever else, so if you're into that, it's worth a trip. I recommend double checking whatever you may be interested in at a price scanner as not everything is marked correctly.
---
Stay Cool!
#181 Posted: 23:57:13 25/03/2014
I went to the Toys R Us at Metro Mall in Queens NY and they had no Spring figures. They did have plenty of wave 4 figures. There was even an unopened wave 4 box behind the counter. When I asked for the spring figures the staff said they haven't seen them and walked off. I don't think they even knew what I was talking about. They were totally useless. It wasn't a total loss though. I found Legendary trigger happy for $6.98.(All of the SSA figures were marked down) I also got a big plush Trigger Happy (with portal key chain) for $9.98 on clearance.

I will probably try another Toys R Us tomorrow. Maybe I'll have better luck in Brooklyn.
RevQuixo Blue Sparx Gems: 937
#182 Posted: 00:03:20 26/03/2014
So today's venture:

Walmart Neshaminy, PA: Nothing
Walmart Willow Grove PA: Na-da
Toys R Us; Willow Grove PA: Says they didn't get them in yet (although the guy yesterday said they had them in the back but can't sell them)
Walmart Robbinsville NJ: Had Springtime Trigger Happy and Fryno but no Punk Shock.

Oh well..one down at least since I was only looking for STTH and PS.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:10:29 26/03/2014 by RevQuixo
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#183 Posted: 00:28:55 26/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: fairyland
Mine in New Hartford, NY had a ton of them today. Got the trio for $20 on sale.

[User Posted Image]

I had to check over the Trigger Happies as several of them had some strange gunk on the figure itself, like who ever packed them had chocolatey fingers or something.

Also, if it hasn't been said before, they have a buy one game $19.99 or below, get the second one for 40% off. I didn't notice that from last week. And last weeks discount sale of 20-30-40-50% off certain clearance games and any other store stuff is still going. Most of the clearance games and game stuff is 40%, but not very much is worth getting in my opinion. I did get lucky and found a cheap Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3DS for $8.99 after discount and people are raving about the cheap Kid Icarus 3DS for $24, but almost everything else is cheaper on Amazon. Several Skylanders stuffs is clearanced off at 40%, like the carry cases and whatever else, so if you're into that, it's worth a trip. I recommend double checking whatever you may be interested in at a price scanner as not everything is marked correctly.

Wow, I see there's actually someone here that lives in my area, because I live not far from that Toys R Us smilie Awesome to hear that they've made it over here, and that they're on sale!
---
Purple dragon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:12:11 26/03/2014 by Sboy13
triggernut Emerald Sparx Gems: 3483
#184 Posted: 00:56:06 26/03/2014
Finally found them in Jackson, MI today! Walmart doesn't have them yet, neither did TRU..... BUT! I found them in Sam's club! Just picked up Triggs and punk since I bought Fryno a week or two ago.
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#185 Posted: 01:00:04 26/03/2014
Dunno if this has been posted on here but STH's pose pays homage to the old movie Dr. Strangelove. Classic Scene.
Scored him @walmart today
http://bellarmineforum.org/wp-...mb-original.jpg

*I think Family Guy did it once too....lol*
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:01:55 26/03/2014 by YerMomsFaceHere
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#186 Posted: 01:54:53 26/03/2014
Quote: YerMomsFaceHere
Dunno if this has been posted on here but STH's pose pays homage to the old movie Dr. Strangelove. Classic Scene.
Scored him @walmart today
http://bellarmineforum.org/wp-...mb-original.jpg

*I think Family Guy did it once too....lol*

Simpsons did it

---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#187 Posted: 01:58:30 26/03/2014
this might be another topic in itself...lol
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
cazper6687 Green Sparx Gems: 152
#188 Posted: 05:21:53 26/03/2014
For all of you having trouble getting them from your tru. I know a guy in North Carolina who's tru didn't want to sell until 4/6. I told him ppl were getting them there to ask his store to check other stores in their region for the spring edition sales receipts. Still the manager did not want to sell so he got the district managers name and contact number and called him/her the next day. They told him to meet at the store,when he got there they found the manager that didn't want to release them to him and the district manager showed him how to look up release dates. For his inconvenience they sold him all 3 for a total of $12. So if you really want them might want to try that method out maybe they will get their stuff together just maybe. Your welcome smilie
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#189 Posted: 12:40:23 26/03/2014
I'm sure that manager was happy to have a guest (customer) get upper management involved in running his store. I'll never understand store workers that stand in the way of people giving them money. It happens all the time. If the product is available, selling it doesn't break any rules, and people want to buy whatever it is, why wouldn't you sell it? Those managers must think that those figures would lead to additional sales of other products on that date? It baffles the mind.

Competition is stiff and alienating people just drives them to look elsewhere. A store can be that way with exclusives, but spring editions are in Wal-Marts too.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:44:18 26/03/2014 by GamerDrone
fuelbizkit Blue Sparx Gems: 890
#190 Posted: 13:22:03 26/03/2014
I must just be unlucky this week. I've checked the TRU in Lawrenceville, NJ, Burlington, NJ and Langhorne, PA and no Easter Skylanders. Plus I can't find Fire Bone Hot Dog. I'll keep checking, plus I'll be heading out to Reading, PA this weekend so I'll check the TRU and Walmarts out there. If anyone in the Reading area has seen the Easter sets and/or Fire Bone Hot Dog, please point me to the right place.
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#191 Posted: 13:52:40 26/03/2014
Do any of you know of the new characters being at Best Buy? A while ago there were some rumors of them coming there.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
#192 Posted: 13:58:41 26/03/2014
Quote: cazper6687
For all of you having trouble getting them from your tru. I know a guy in North Carolina who's tru didn't want to sell until 4/6. I told him ppl were getting them there to ask his store to check other stores in their region for the spring edition sales receipts. Still the manager did not want to sell so he got the district managers name and contact number and called him/her the next day. They told him to meet at the store,when he got there they found the manager that didn't want to release them to him and the district manager showed him how to look up release dates. For his inconvenience they sold him all 3 for a total of $12. So if you really want them might want to try that method out maybe they will get their stuff together just maybe. Your welcome smilie

That's interesting, but honestly a good way to ensure they never go out of their way to help you again. I have had employees go up top and open up several cases looking for figures I wanted. Pull cases out of the back for me to look through. Hold figures for me until release date. Hold figures for friends until they could get to the store. Call me at home when a new wave I wanted came in. Make register adjustments for price matches that technically they didn't have to honor. In short, the employees at my TRU rock - one in particular, and GhostRoaster can attest to this.

I'll ask them about figures that might be register locked or street dated, but I'm not going to push them to do something they think could cause harm to their job, or get into an argument with them about it. And I'm certainly not going to put them in the position where the district manager comes to the store to show them how to do their job. These are toys, and that is their job and how they make a living. TRU, like most retailers, underpay their employees for the kind of headaches they have to put up with. These probably aren't the last Skylanders you want to get ever, so remember that next time you want to know if they have something in the back it might be that guy that you have to ask. If I were them you got my district manager in on me previously, I can tell you my answer would from that point forward be "No".

Sure, there are some bad apples that deserve to get in trouble. But, be good to the helpful employees, and understanding when an employee doesn't give you the answer you want.
#193 Posted: 15:46:12 26/03/2014
Quote: defpally

That's interesting, but honestly a good way to ensure they never go out of their way to help you again. I have had employees go up top and open up several cases looking for figures I wanted. Pull cases out of the back for me to look through. Hold figures for me until release date. Hold figures for friends until they could get to the store. Call me at home when a new wave I wanted came in. Make register adjustments for price matches that technically they didn't have to honor. In short, the employees at my TRU rock - one in particular, and GhostRoaster can attest to this.

I'll ask them about figures that might be register locked or street dated, but I'm not going to push them to do something they think could cause harm to their job, or get into an argument with them about it. And I'm certainly not going to put them in the position where the district manager comes to the store to show them how to do their job. These are toys, and that is their job and how they make a living. TRU, like most retailers, underpay their employees for the kind of headaches they have to put up with. These probably aren't the last Skylanders you want to get ever, so remember that next time you want to know if they have something in the back it might be that guy that you have to ask. If I were them you got my district manager in on me previously, I can tell you my answer would from that point forward be "No".

Sure, there are some bad apples that deserve to get in trouble. But, be good to the helpful employees, and understanding when an employee doesn't give you the answer you want.

Completely understand as my tru managers and employees are usaully very nice and helpful but this guys tru employees were not so friendly so I believe he was in the right with what he did also it is just a toy and their job but it was not affecting their job they were just being laY and rude I doubt they will give him any trouble from here on out like you said if they care about their job that much I dl don't think they would like another visit from the district manager.
#194 Posted: 16:04:12 26/03/2014
Completely understand as my tru managers and employees are usaully very nice and helpful but this guys tru employees were not so friendly so I believe he was in the right with what he did also it is just a toy and their job but it was not affecting their job they were just being laY and rude I doubt they will give him any trouble from here on out like you said if they care about their job that much I dl don't think they would like another visit from the district manager.

I usually don't do this on here but that is one heck of a run-on sentence. I think I gather what you are saying though.
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#195 Posted: 16:06:34 26/03/2014
Managers get paid enough to care so they should
#196 Posted: 16:31:15 26/03/2014

I usually don't do this on here but that is one heck of a run-on sentence. I think I gather what you are saying though.

lol sry hated English class and was working so didn't have time to edit
#197 Posted: 17:28:31 26/03/2014
Quote: shadowfox

It's not about caring. These figures were not register locked, then they were, then they weren't. It's not a stretch for them to not want to risk breaking street date based on the word of a customer that they should be put out. There are penalties associated with breaking street dates. This was the fault of corporate in moving the goalposts without sending down clear directives to the stores.
fuelbizkit Blue Sparx Gems: 890
#198 Posted: 17:46:21 26/03/2014
Quote: shadowfox

It's not about caring. These figures were not register locked, then they were, then they weren't. It's not a stretch for them to not want to risk breaking street date based on the word of a customer that they should be put out. There are penalties associated with breaking street dates. This was the fault of corporate in moving the goalposts without sending down clear directives to the stores.

But would it really hurt them to check, even at the customer's request? I don't think so. It's true there are customers out there trying to "hustle" people, but if all they have to do is a simple scan to check and see if it's register locked, honestly how hard is that?
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#199 Posted: 17:54:58 26/03/2014
I was able to find all three today. I talked to the guy in Electronics and he confirmed that they had several cases in the back. I was able to get him to go and get them to scan. He said no one had told them that the street dates had been lifted. He actually thanked me because he wanted to put them out on display. Now, I need to return my regular Fryno to Walmart!
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#200 Posted: 17:57:38 26/03/2014
Went to my local Toysrus on Monday, asked the girl at the Electronics department about the Easter themed Skylanders and she had the box with them, with a note attached saying do not sell until April 6. I told her the street date was lifted, and that if she tried to ring it up she could sell them. She took a Springtime Trigger Happy to the register and told me it says April 6. I figured I did all I could do, so I left. (Now I'm thinking it either rang up okay but she still didn't want to risk it, or she only pulled up the street date message maybe?).

Yesterday after reading so many people buying them at Toys R Us, I went again. There was a guy there today who told me he had them but couldn't sell them. I told him about the street date being lifted and that they should ring up, and he said even if they do ring up they could still be street dated so no. I asked him to check with the manager. He came back and said he spoke with the manager and the manager didn't hear anything about selling them before April 6, so that was it. The manager wasn't there, and they said I could come back again tomorrow to speak with him in person. I left.

Today I read about asking to speak to a district manager, so I called the 800 Toys R Us customer service number to see if I could get it since the store was still closed. They said they don't have the numbers for district managers, only to the individual stores. The rep said I should call the store and they should give me the number. When the store opened I called, and I was told they can't release that information and to call the same 800 number I originally called (no big surprise there!).

I called the 800 number back, and now they started a case. I'm guessing they will have someone contact the store to get the district manager information or find out why I wasn't given the information. At this point I'm just going to wait and if I'm told I can go get them, then great. And if I'm told sorry, still street dated, then forget it. Was able to have them ordered with Amazon today anyway, but since they aren't in stock until Friday I might still have time to cancel if Toys R Us says I can get them.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
First | Previous | Page 4 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me