Page 1 of 1
Little Easter egg [CLOSED]
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#1 Posted: 04:18:43 09/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Y'know the map Flynn is holding at the start of Iron Jaw Gulch? He's holding it upside down, but you can read on it, the leftmost text says "Brighthold"! For those of you who don't know, Brighthold Battlements was the first world in the 3DS version of Spyro's Adventure.

Has anyone else managed to read the other text on the map? I couldn't figure it out and I can't find any hi-res images.

Also, I noticed that when the game was first announced and they originally showed off that cutscene, the map was also flipped horizontally.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#2 Posted: 05:16:31 09/03/2014
Here.

[User Posted Image]
---
bye
Glumshanks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1287
#3 Posted: 08:08:40 09/03/2014
Good pick-up .. (*_*)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#4 Posted: 10:44:30 09/03/2014
I noticed this a while back! Pretty clever reference!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 16:32:09 09/03/2014
Good eagle eye AoA. What would've been EVEN BETTER is if they left hints about the next game here. Kinda like finding the walled in room in Arkham Asylum that heavily hints at Arkham City.

The characters could heavily hint at future plots, but no smoking gun.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#6 Posted: 16:53:00 09/03/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Good eagle eye AoA. What would've been EVEN BETTER is if they left hints about the next game here. Kinda like finding the walled in room in Arkham Asylum that heavily hints at Arkham City.

During the battle with Super Evil Kaos, he says "Ooo, an evilized train, interesting".
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#7 Posted: 17:06:59 09/03/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

During the battle with Super Evil Kaos, he says "Ooo, an evilized train, interesting".

Probably a coincidence...not a smoking gun. Lost his train of thought...ooohh, an evil train. The dude has 1,000 far fetched schemes, and his incompetence makes me wonder why people pay this guy any notice.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:07:12 09/03/2014 by GhostRoaster
#8 Posted: 17:12:06 09/03/2014
To me it COULD be a hit. Perhaps the reason there are vechicles (Not saying they are) in the next game is because they need something wickedly fast to catch up to Kaos' Doooooom Train. Kinda like the movie Unstoppable.
---
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#9 Posted: 17:12:11 09/03/2014
Even the most incompetent crazy guy with a gun is still a crazy guy with a gun.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
#10 Posted: 18:09:59 09/03/2014
Quote: gta1134
Even the most incompetent crazy guy with a gun is still a crazy guy with a gun.

Who doesn't know how to pull the trigger.
---
#11 Posted: 00:57:25 10/03/2014
OK so you're saying that you wouldn't try and get a gun from a child or a bomb from a mental patient?
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#12 Posted: 01:29:45 10/03/2014
In the top left corner, it says darkness. There's a word before it blocked by Flynn's hand.
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#13 Posted: 01:39:13 10/03/2014
Quote: assassinelf
In the top left corner, it says darkness. There's a word before it blocked by Flynn's hand.

Think it says outer. Mounter darkness. That's where Kaos was banished to pre-SSA
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#14 Posted: 04:54:38 10/03/2014
OK so you're saying that you wouldn't try and get a gun from a child or a bomb from a mental patient?

Well, my references is about a villain who gets dumber and dumber. If anything Jim Carey could give him some tips. Last I checked a child, bomb or a mental patient didn't exist in the game.

Why so serious? Let's put a smile on that face.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:59:56 10/03/2014 by GhostRoaster
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#15 Posted: 05:39:22 10/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah, that looks like Outer Darkness to me.
Anyone managed to figure out the other text yet? I just can't read a lot of those letters, and I can't find anything that seems to match the text. I'm pretty confident that the one on the right starts with "Oli" but I can't think of any Skylanders stuff which starts with Oli. smilie
#16 Posted: 19:22:40 10/03/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
Yeah, that looks like Outer Darkness to me.
Anyone managed to figure out the other text yet? I just can't read a lot of those letters, and I can't find anything that seems to match the text. I'm pretty confident that the one on the right starts with "Oli" but I can't think of any Skylanders stuff which starts with Oli. smilie

Oil Spill Island! To me though, it looks like it says, Oliviation......? Just a guess.
---
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#17 Posted: 19:36:43 10/03/2014
^Oli not Oil
what dos Oliviation mean?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:38:14 10/03/2014 by Hazard335
#18 Posted: 20:21:43 10/03/2014
Oops! My mistake! Oliviation is not a real word, it's just my guess on what it says.
---
#19 Posted: 05:50:23 11/03/2014

Well, my references is about a villain who gets dumber and dumber. If anything Jim Carey could give him some tips. Last I checked a child, bomb or a mental patient didn't exist in the game.

Why so serious? Let's put a smile on that face.

Let's see, Quigly (not sure the name, but he's the kid running around in giants), Count down, and Kaos.
But seriously my point is that if there is a threat, no matter how menial, those with the power (in this case portal masters) have the obligation to do something about it. It is the basis of all hero stories. It makes for a very boring story if the hero just throws his hands up and says "I've dealt with this incompetent fool too many times, he's your problem" and walks away. In the end I do agree, the story is very played out. You have to think who the target is of the story though, this is my child's first foray into this sort of thing so he was into the story (up to the end where he thought that they should have done more) I would say more about that but I think it maybe headed into spoiler territory and people get real pissy if you do that.
---
#20 Posted: 04:19:23 12/03/2014
I'd actually like to see a Greek tragedy play out for our heroes...no happy ending. Like...can we permanently retire a skylander in the story?

Too sophisticated for the target market, but would definitely spice it up...I guess I need to just hope that Arkham Knight is good enough for my adult fix.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:21:39 12/03/2014 by GhostRoaster
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#21 Posted: 05:51:46 12/03/2014
I'd actually like to see a Greek tragedy play out for our heroes...no happy ending. Like...can we permanently retire a skylander in the story?

Too sophisticated for the target market, but would definitely spice it up...I guess I need to just hope that Arkham Knight is good enough for my adult fix.

Not a smart move. That would alienate those who still have the figure/are fans of the character.

At best, a supporting character would go (Cali, Flynn, Tessa, the other one) but it's more likely they'd continue the tradition of a newly introduced character dying and coming back (Master Eon, the Robot Ghost).
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me