Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Glue Getting Worse? [CLOSED]
Supa Mama Luigi Green Sparx Gems: 277
#1 Posted: 04:36:59 22/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Hello is anyone else having this happen with their swap force figures in stores? It seems now that every place I go to get new figs, the glue connecting the plastic packaging to the cardboard background has literally stopped sticking! There is always at least 1 figure taped/stapled/reglued on the shelf, and even more that are half opened! This has never happened before with the other games and it is really bothering me! I want my figures unopened, dang it! If anyone else is having the same issues with this sticky situation i would like to know.
---
"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario"
-Luigi
Thunder_Cracker Blue Sparx Gems: 811
#2 Posted: 04:45:49 22/02/2014
Yes the glue on the Swap Force line seems very weak or they aren't using enough of it. I have had to fix numerous bubbles that are lifting off the card.
skylandersrulez Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#3 Posted: 09:50:46 22/02/2014
I have seen whole boxes that are falling apart and empty boxes
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#4 Posted: 14:07:24 22/02/2014
I literally touched a Legendary Zoo Lou, and it fell apart.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#5 Posted: 14:13:29 22/02/2014
Quote: Matteomax

Happend to me too, and wen it did I thought a ghost did it xD
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#6 Posted: 15:23:41 22/02/2014
Quote: NINJAsk11

A ghost did do it..... AND LOOK OUT IT"S BEHIND YOU!!!!!
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#7 Posted: 17:34:09 22/02/2014
This has been an issue for a while. And not just with Swap Force, either. I've seen giants figures do the same.
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#8 Posted: 21:26:27 22/02/2014
I havent seen any swap force figures do this. In fact the last 3 swappers i opened were so difficult to get apart. I had to cut them open. I have seen this a lot with giants. I had a glow in the dark sonic boom pop open after i bought it. And a lot of figures in the stores were always open. and my legendary trigger happy came apart a few weeks ago. But no swap force issues at all... strange.
Gohdan Green Sparx Gems: 289
#9 Posted: 21:34:47 22/02/2014
I see plenty of loose figures at Walmart now. smilie
---
"Home is a pin...humanity...cattle."
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#10 Posted: 21:36:57 22/02/2014
I saw a Cynder (Series 1) with the packaging stapled on.. backwards. smilie
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#11 Posted: 23:35:58 22/02/2014
I touched a s1 Bash at TRU once and the bubble fell right off.
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#12 Posted: 04:18:13 23/02/2014

I hope you put it up on eBay for $800
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#13 Posted: 05:25:14 23/02/2014
Quote: ShaneK

I hope you put it up on eBay for $800

but that would be a ripoff

$1000000 is more like it
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#14 Posted: 15:59:43 23/02/2014
I made a post here about a month ago where they stapled the wrong figure to the card. I was excited that I had found a misprint until I found the staples. LOL!

But last week I was at Best Buy and they had over a dozen that was plastic wrapped back onto a card. I've never seen so many like that. They seriously have to do better with the glue jobs on these things.
---
Stay Cool!
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#15 Posted: 18:34:38 23/02/2014
My Ninjini's arm fell of back in summer it wasnt even glued
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
TheLurk Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#16 Posted: 19:50:36 23/02/2014
I've never seen this, and I've been playing since SSA. It's interesting how so many areas get this problem though. I wonder why mine doesn't? Although I admit I've never been in a Walmart on principal. Buying their exclusives online? Fine. Going in? No....

I never have this problem at home either...so few of my figs stay in their boxes, so it's probably a moot point. smilie
---
SF 13 SF, 19 reg, 5 LC, TT, FF, JBB
Got: extra Cynders, 1 Lgd Trigger Happy.
WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!! WOOHOO!!
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#17 Posted: 13:29:17 24/02/2014
I thought this was my imagination, or the glue's just been drying from staying here getting shipped etc (we've got hot weather) or something . I've definetly noticed this- I've picked up figures on RELEASE DAY sometimes and the glue was worse and more dried up than the old SA figures I'd left sealed. I haven't had any just fall apart but it's noticeably worse than Giants or SA. It's not really a huge issue for me, but eh...
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#18 Posted: 14:08:35 24/02/2014
Absolutely. The first two Waves packagings were super easy to open; and to Me this is an advantage... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#19 Posted: 03:19:06 26/02/2014
@Arc You mentioned weather. Could it be that the glue is vulnerable to certain weather (too hot, too cold), or possibly weather changes such as a quick shift from hot to cold? They're in warehouses for who knows how long before they come to stores. If this is a factor, should we ask Activision about it?
---
tvih Green Sparx Gems: 425
#20 Posted: 15:14:29 26/02/2014
Haven't had this with SSF packages, but at least locally Giants packages have serious trouble keeping the plastic attached to the cardboard.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#21 Posted: 03:09:06 27/02/2014
I touched a Dragon's Peak adventure pack, the bubble popped off quicker then sonic in a spinning room
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Supa Mama Luigi Green Sparx Gems: 277
#22 Posted: 08:08:34 01/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Great to now know I'm not the only one here! It is getting annoying looking for a figure with no staples/reglue, as I keep thinking they wont have the right sticker and card.
---
"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario"
-Luigi
#23 Posted: 00:38:07 07/03/2014
You'll find this very interesting: I checked my boxed Cynder and Legendary Trigger Happy today, lifting them by their clear plastic. They stayed attached to their backing, and showed no stress or signs whatsoever that they'd pop off. They've been on a bookshelf in my room for almost 3 years and out of direct sunlight. However, the bookshelf is next to my large window. Also, we've had some intensely hot summers and at least 1 very cold winter (2012? Not sure on the date...). We get rain alot around here. I don't know if any of this is significant, but I thought I'd mention the environment they are in along with their (apparently) oddly well-sealed condition. FInally, The Cynder was from Gamestop, and the Legendary Trigger Happy was (obviously) from TRU. In both cases, I went to the store personally to get them, so these were not had through any 3rd party online deal.
---
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#24 Posted: 05:48:07 07/03/2014
I live in western New York (where the lake gives us extreme temp changes) and all the stores around hear have Skylanders falling apart.
I use to just think kids were to ruff with the packages in the store, but maybe it is because of the glue.
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#25 Posted: 16:30:06 07/03/2014
In the los angeles area in cali, I've noticed a lot of popped cases only at walmart and toysrus. Not target, go figure
thunder1648 Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#26 Posted: 16:35:19 07/03/2014
I think a lot of it has to do with the weather we have been having. As has been stated before if you put it in the freezer you can pop the backs off pretty easily. Well with the winter months being pretty cold this year and the packages sitting in the cold warehouses or storage areas I'm sure they are having the same thing done to them as if we put them in the freezer. I think when it gets summer time we might not have as big of a problem with it. I'm sure they are skimping a little too but I feel the weather is probably the biggest problem.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#27 Posted: 16:44:13 07/03/2014
Quote: thunder1648
I think a lot of it has to do with the weather we have been having. As has been stated before if you put it in the freezer you can pop the backs off pretty easily. Well with the winter months being pretty cold this year and the packages sitting in the cold warehouses or storage areas I'm sure they are having the same thing done to them as if we put them in the freezer. I think when it gets summer time we might not have as big of a problem with it. I'm sure they are skimping a little too but I feel the weather is probably the biggest problem.

Ive done this a few times to try and pop them off. Each time I never gotten them to pop off. Idk maybe my freezer sucks?
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#28 Posted: 06:25:38 02/04/2014
That might be true Thunder. When i got Rubble Rouser he was serously ICE and ICE cold and also the package just fell off
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#29 Posted: 17:23:51 02/04/2014
When I was in target yesterday there was a rip tide just chilling in the part where the base is stuck in, and the rest of the package was gone lol. Imagine if it was the green rip tide though!
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
bigdaddy81 Green Sparx Gems: 381
#30 Posted: 04:15:15 04/04/2014
I found 4 of the Skylanders Giants Scarlet Ninjini's at the store a few days ago, but all of them had the same issue. 2 cards were barely attached to the blister, the other 2 were completely off.
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#31 Posted: 04:25:34 04/04/2014
My favorite trip was when I saw around 15 different figures at Walmart sitting on the shelf with no card or bubble at all.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#32 Posted: 13:47:10 04/04/2014
I've seen this problem as well this year, often. Everywhere I go that carries Skylanders usually has a collection of figures below the display that have fallen off the cards. Usually it is five or ten of them, not just one. I had seen ones like this before for earlier games, but never in these quantities at every store. I wonder if it has something to do with cheaper glue or maybe they are keeping them in warehouses prior to shipment that have colder temperatures to save money on climate control.
Heirumaru2286 Gold Sparx Gems: 2285
#33 Posted: 14:13:32 04/04/2014
Quote: gta1134
Quote: NINJAsk11

A ghost did do it..... AND LOOK OUT IT"S BEHIND YOU!!!!!

...That white hand on your shoulder..... It isn't real, is it...?
---
..::TotallyAwezum::..
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#34 Posted: 19:07:23 11/04/2014
Dang. I was going through my figures trying to figure out why SWAP Force doesn't think I have 30 Series 2 figures... picked up my boxed Jet-Vac from AU and he popped off the blister. smilie
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#35 Posted: 21:26:02 11/04/2014
The game doesn't seem to recognize special versions of series 2 figures for that accolade or for the series 3 one either. Legendaries and figures like Polar, Royal, Dark Spyro, Dark Stealth Elf don't count. (Gotta buy them all!) Thankfully, unless you are a super completionist, you only need like 60% of the stars to unlock everything, so I wasn't too upset.
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
maxzter99 Green Sparx Gems: 229
#36 Posted: 02:20:40 14/04/2014
I first saw this happen a year ago when ssa figures came back in stock. Most would be easy to open falling off the card, adventure packs and giants triple packs seem to have it pretty bad. I was going to get a giants sprocket, sonic boom 2, stump smash 2 triple pack but I have yet to see one without staples.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#37 Posted: 02:30:18 14/04/2014
Quote: maxzter99
I first saw this happen a year ago when ssa figures came back in stock. Most would be easy to open falling off the card, adventure packs and giants triple packs seem to have it pretty bad. I was going to get a giants sprocket, sonic boom 2, stump smash 2 triple pack but I have yet to see one without staples.

I think it was right after Black Friday, I stopped by my local Wal mart and found 5 - 6 SSA and Giants era skylanders sitting in their bubbles laying on the bottom of the shelf where the pegs were. I figured this was just from Black Friday shoppers being classy at Wal mart, until I saw the GITD Sonic Boom my nephew bought for me come clean off the card just by falling on where it was standing. That glue sure is weak, but I remember having a tough time getting the bubble off the Wave 2 figures from SF. Here's to hoping they can achieve some happy medium between those two.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me