Page 1 of 1
Favorite Swap combination?
ProphetFlareon Red Sparx Gems: 56
#1 Posted: 08:56:15 20/02/2014 | Topic Creator
What the title says. Some of my favorites include Wash Drillia, Legendary Free Rise, Night Rise, and Stink Shake. All time is Stink Shake because I think Stink Bomb's top is better than his bottom + Bone Herder Rattle Shake is amazing. So, what are your favorites?
---
dito
"do work before you go on darkspyro" ~ some idiot
Baron Sharpfin Green Sparx Gems: 417
#2 Posted: 10:39:48 20/02/2014
I like putting Zone under a good melee fighter like Free or Night, sometimes you can really control the battlefield and cover it in fire smilie
---
smilie Fear the Fish
spitfirefox Green Sparx Gems: 326
#3 Posted: 21:11:32 20/02/2014
I like Wash Charge for the Time Attack challenges. I don't do a lot of swapping, but I'm inspired to try some new combos.
DarkRaptor Green Sparx Gems: 225
#4 Posted: 21:16:03 20/02/2014
Free Shift. Love Free's melee combo's and the Shift's ability to teleport behind before you get hit or teleport away.
---
Tumblr Blog about the Skylanders TCG I am creating: http://skylandertcg.tumblr.com
2/24 is Stealth Elf week!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#5 Posted: 21:37:48 20/02/2014
Already a topic on this.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
ProphetFlareon Red Sparx Gems: 56
#6 Posted: 02:31:13 21/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ninja9351
Already a topic on this.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but when I posted this topic the other thread wasn't on the first page. Now somebody bumped it up back, so yeah.
---
dito
"do work before you go on darkspyro" ~ some idiot
bubba Green Sparx Gems: 161
#7 Posted: 00:45:36 01/03/2014
Doom shadow
---
Who else loves Doom Stone!!!
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#8 Posted: 02:19:15 01/03/2014
Rattle Rise.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#9 Posted: 02:24:37 01/03/2014
Some of my favourites are Magna Buckler, Rattle Buckler, and Blast Buckler.... Pretty much anything with Buckler on the end, I guess!
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#10 Posted: 21:48:43 07/04/2014
Freeze Ranger and Free Shift. Both hit hard and are fast
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#11 Posted: 21:55:31 07/04/2014
Magna Ranger.
Magnetic Armaments/Lightning Linguist

A character so broken, that getting defeated is literally almost impossible.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#12 Posted: 12:50:57 08/04/2014
I've recently gotten a new favorite, it's not godlike or anything, but I like the look - Boom Charge. Football player on wheels...what's not to love about it? Just zoom around tossing bombs. I've also started doing Dark Blast Shake - firebreathe + bombs + skeletons is just chaos - especially in arena matches.

With the most recent swappers, I actually like them as they are. I mean 'Shadow' doesn't do much for me, but I don't need it to.
- Unreall
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#13 Posted: 12:57:27 08/04/2014
Magna Jet.
[User Posted Image]
This guy is the king of Time Attack. I guess you could also substitute Magna Shift in, but I find he doesn't kill enemies as easily... Also Magna Jet just looks cooler to me. smilie

The Nitro version of him looks even better, especially ingame where his upgraded red rocket offers some nice contrast to his other colours.
[User Posted Image]
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#14 Posted: 14:54:31 08/04/2014
Have you tried with 'Blade'? I'd think the skating while a little more work - would actually be faster.
- Unreall
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#15 Posted: 15:47:54 08/04/2014
Blade is unavailable here. I can't try it out until I have him.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#16 Posted: 00:15:07 09/04/2014
I finished Score and Time Attack modes with Spy Shift. Loved it! Didn't need the extra lives on the bottom half, but I love being able to teleport around a fight with the Shift bottom!
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
GoHeels999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1022
#17 Posted: 11:42:17 09/04/2014
Quote: bubba
Doom shadow

Who has Doom Stone?
spectreon Blue Sparx Gems: 535
#18 Posted: 19:44:41 15/05/2014
I debated drudging up an older topic or just starting a new one, but now that all 16 Swappers are available I wanted to see input on who you thought were the best swapper combinations and and why. For story, pvp or whatever. Here are some of mine...

Anything and Rise! But top picks are

Stink Rise- Use Stink's Skunk-Fu Shield and add bonus damage to Rise's Omega Sky Laser
Grilla Rise- Summon Monkeys and rain down death from above with Omega Sky Laser
Rattle Rise- Summon Deputy Snake and bring the rain with Sky Laser
Doom Rise- While I haven't used it much it seems pretty defensensive. Shield attacking plus escape off screen attacking makes it seem pretty invincible!
Spy Rise- Probably the best swapper out of the box. Slow down enemies, steal health and disappear off screen while attacking. Whats not to love!?

Rattle Drilla- Summon Deputy Snake plus 2 plant turrets and bomb with damaging thorns. Great at playing keep away!
Grilla Drilla- another great one out of the box- Summon Monkeys Turrets and Bombs

Anything and Shift!!! 2 Extra lives plus teleport attack? combos well with any top really.

Grilla Rouser- Summon 8 minions to attack for you? yes please!

Best money makers with Sky Diamond trick-
Top-Grilla! tho you sacrifice Team Monkey, double punch is a huge money getter... 8,000+ usually
Bottom-Buckler! Tentacleaver usually nets about 6,000+

anybody better? let me know.

Looking for more ideas and attack combos.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#19 Posted: 21:06:22 15/05/2014
Rubble Shift-That hammer with the fast teleport is a monster to big enemies

Wash Zone-First combo I got used to and I really liked it. The bubbles don't work well with Temperature's Rising on Zone though

Night Kraken-(This used to be like this, but now it's Boom Kraken, though I'll explain in a moment) I like the melee combined with the area attacks that help with getting rid of groups

Freeze Rise-The chakram melee works well with the Fire Tech path on Rise

Blast Drilla-Make a ring of fire around 2 turrets and a bomb, and this guy is a monster with big groups

Free Loop-I haven't really played as him yet, he's kind of like the leftover parts due to me disliking having the swappers swapped and leaving an element behind

Hoot Buckler-The range he has works great with the range the ink guns have

Stink Ranger-The top half with the shield of stars combined with spinning enemies is amazing. It spins them right into the shield

Grilla Rouser-Same reason as above post

Magna Blade-Same reason as Free Loop

Fire Charge-The speed of his legs combined with the speed of the staff's swing make him the best hit-and-run character

Spy Bomb-Same reason as Free Loop

Boom Jet-I recently got him, but I haven't played as him since I don't have my game copy right now...I'm getting it this weekend (along with Trap Shadow and Rattle Shake!!!) And by figure, I think Boom Kraken looks cool. So, that puts Night with Jet

I'll update when I get my game back and play as Boom Jet, Trap Shadow, and Rattle Shake. (Although, can someone post a screenshot of Trap Shake-with both soul gems-since I want to see if the colors work well...)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:07:35 15/05/2014 by isaac343018s
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#20 Posted: 21:45:25 15/05/2014
Doom Rise - Shield + Sky Climb + Club = Almost unbeatable. Great if you want to stop a pesky Evilized enemy right in his tracks.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#21 Posted: 22:16:01 15/05/2014
Magna Buckler, Blast Drilla, Doom Rouser.
#22 Posted: 04:48:58 16/05/2014
Zap... reasons?

yes as much as I dislike Stone (he's not amazing, he's not bad, just too situational and mediocre), Dome is amazing! The club is nice, even tho I generally hate charge attacks, but that shield is impressive... stops virtually everything in the game! I tried against evilized glumshanks to no avail tho =( but boghogs bounce off harmlessly. Also with Rise combo seems like a great swap combo to try for no damage on most boss fight levels
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#23 Posted: 06:32:29 16/05/2014
Post #18. Sorry i dont know how to quote. In regards to the diamond, try series 2 Double Trouble. His wow pow splits his beam into 3, and hits 3 dummies at once. If you have a helper, or are good with both hands, you can rack up 15k.
#24 Posted: 12:06:10 16/05/2014
Will keep in mind thanks, I was focusing on which top and bottom worked well for quick money. sometimes I use 2 controllers but only when I'm using a character with lousy hit speed.
Skorus Green Sparx Gems: 492
#25 Posted: 15:48:29 16/05/2014
Stink Zone - Does insane damage. Fire Aura + Star Shield + Poison effect from One Inch Punch + Throwing normal stars = Insanity. It's really hard to keep everything up, but if you do, it's brutal.
Trap Zone - One of my favourite bottom halves. It's pretty strong the main strategy is to throw a trap, put up the fire aura and slash away at the enemies.
Stink Ranger - Put up your Star Shield and just spin around the place. It's even better because the tornado pretty much lures smaller enemies like Greebles into the Star Shield.
Wash Charge - This combo is good because you can throw enemies around carelessly. You have to shoot a bubble at an enemy, and pick them up with the wheel magnet, then slam them onto the ground. Rinse and Repeat.
Hoot Bomb - This may sound crazy because Bomb is absolutely terrible, but this combo isn't too bad. You have to be on the Sneaky Tricks path and preferably Hypno-Owl too. Performing the Hypnotic Ray causes you to slow down, and slowing down makes him drop the spikes. This is useful because while you are slowing down enemies in front of you, enemies behind you are getting hurt by the spikes.
Trap Ranger - The traps hurt enemies while they spin around on the tornado and if you're on Trap Trickster, it will hurt multiple enemies too.
Trap Charge - Charge is just one of my favourite bottom halves... it goes well with anything that is melee, but especially Trap. Like with Trap Ranger, the traps will hurt enemies while carrying them around with your wheel, and if they explode, it will cause more damage and hurt a second enemy.
Rattle Ranger - It's simple. Put a Deputy Snake up and do the tornado spin,. The snake will just hit the enemies spinning around with you.
Anything + Shift - Come on. Two extra lives and a teleport that slows enemies down. What's not to love?
Night Shadow - One of my favourite hit and run combinations. Do the prowl, leaving the shade steps behind and making you invisible, and come out of nowhere and perform the explosion when he appears again and punch the life out of them.
Trap Shake - There isn't an attack combo with this one, but whipping the enemies away is a good way to allow the traps to have more range.
Magna Shake - Whip enemies away when they get too close and spam away again.

I would say some others, like Rattle Drilla, but I only have 9 swappers, Blast Zone, Wash Buckler, Rattle Shake, Night Shift, Hoot Loop, Free Ranger, Magna Charge, Stink Bomb and Trap Shadow. Also, I just think anything that has melee attacks goes really well, Trap Zone and Stink Zone are just some of my favourite Zone swap combos.
---
Butt.
Jonlander Green Sparx Gems: 433
#26 Posted: 16:28:18 16/05/2014
Post #18. Sorry i dont know how to quote. In regards to the diamond, try series 2 Double Trouble. His wow pow splits his beam into 3, and hits 3 dummies at once. If you have a helper, or are good with both hands, you can rack up 15k.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#27 Posted: 04:47:08 19/05/2014
I've been playing as Doom Stone a lot recently, since I've found that things die to him easily.
It's a very crowd-control build, where you can push away enemies using Blade's second dash, and turn the ones that are still trying to attack you to stone.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
blitzstriker7 Red Sparx Gems: 14
#28 Posted: 16:57:45 25/05/2014
Fave combo is probably Nitro Freeze Zone, just coause he looks so cool, and he can just burn and freeze enemies at the same time
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#29 Posted: 18:03:23 25/05/2014
Dark Blast Jet Anyone? smilie
But seriously, I only got Boom jet yesterday and Im still trying him out with my other 3 swappers (Dark Blast zone, Dark Wash buckler, And Magna charge)
Thepokeman Blue Sparx Gems: 590
#30 Posted: 18:39:40 25/05/2014
Freeze blade or freeze zone because the chakram is super good for button mashing and he is super speedy on both bottoms
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#31 Posted: 06:08:50 10/05/2015
Hoot Shift, Free Zone, Spy Bomb, Trap Rouser, Fire Shake, Stink Ranger, and Rattle Rise are all great pairs that compliment each other very well in combat. Wash Loop is funky but gets the job done; dual bubbles into teleport damage does the trick. Magna Jet is indeed great for zooming through levels, collecting coins and exp.

Grilla Blade is a lot of fun on the more monkeys path, just skating around sending four goobers out to clobber baddies. Doom Drilla is simply amazing, like playing a mini version of Plants vs Zombies. Set the mine, build turrets, put up the shield and then wait for victory. Rattle Rise can be interchanged with Doom Drilla for various versions of "I win".
---
1Jn47
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:19:04 10/05/2015 by Plordigian
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#32 Posted: 11:13:22 10/05/2015
Magna-Shake. Absolutely awesome.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
wavesorcerer14 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4834
#33 Posted: 03:06:39 11/05/2015
Spy Loop. I know that may seem strange, but he can be a beast if you play as him just right!
---
"altissima quaeque flumina minimo sono labi."
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#34 Posted: 22:41:24 17/05/2015
^ Hey look one of my old posts is up there >.>

It's not that effective, but I have lot's of fun playing with Blast Rouser
#35 Posted: 04:04:10 18/05/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael

This is an awesome combo! Some of the subtle swapper interactions are so cool, and Blast Rouser's flaming boulder move is certainly one of the most dynamic and powerful. Blast Shake's flaming fangs move is also good.
---
1Jn47
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#36 Posted: 01:43:54 24/05/2015
Quote: Plordigian

This is an awesome combo! Some of the subtle swapper interactions are so cool, and Blast Rouser's flaming boulder move is certainly one of the most dynamic and powerful. Blast Shake's flaming fangs move is also good.

Wow, someone actually agrees with me on that!

I like Blast Rouser also because of the design, and how it looks so cartoon-y, and it's just so fun to see Rubble rousers dorky looking walk and jump on Blast Zones body...~
#37 Posted: 02:58:16 24/05/2015
Quote: Plordigian

Wow, someone actually agrees with me on that!

I like Blast Rouser also because of the design, and how it looks so cartoon-y, and it's just so fun to see Rubble rousers dorky looking walk and jump on Blast Zones body...~

Ha, it's totally a fun cartoony look! Like a character out of a Ghibli film.
---
1Jn47
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#38 Posted: 09:30:27 24/05/2015
Call me boring but i like their original "pants" . I play with the swop gimmick now and then but no more then i would play with a magic item .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Bloodmourn Green Sparx Gems: 238
#39 Posted: 16:57:17 19/06/2015
Magna shift and I never looked back
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#40 Posted: 22:02:18 22/06/2015
That would have to be...

Quote: spectreon
Rattle Drilla- Summon Deputy Snake plus 2 plant turrets and bomb with damaging thorns. Great at playing keep away!

Darn...

But one that I didn't see anyone post that I loved using back in SWAP Force was Blast Charge. I loved bombarding enemies with Blast's bombs after setting up a wall of fire in front of him and then using Charge's magneto-ball to throw them away and keep bombing them or eject to send them flying behind him and create distance. Magneto-ball and eject work great for throwing them off of stages too! Blast Charge's abilities are the perfect combination of abilities for keeping enemies away and ensuring that he'll have the battlefield covered with Blast's flaming bombs.
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#41 Posted: 10:12:04 22/07/2015
For me anything with ranger
Ranger just picks up small enimes and stops them in their tracks and it even stops the ANNOYING spinning ones,
Anything with jet is also cool.
Sometimes i cant decide
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
StalkerSnake Yellow Sparx Gems: 1926
#42 Posted: 15:44:24 23/07/2015
rattle shadow?:d I like using him
---
Чем больше вы знаете, тем больше вы знаете
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#43 Posted: 15:29:16 20/08/2016
I'm finally trying more combos. 256 combinations was overwhelming at first, so I usually didn't swap unless I needed to open a dual element gate. But now I out done wisdom into it and I'm having fun in nightmare mode with these favorite combos:

Wash Jet [b][/b this may be the most powerful Skylander. Contain enemies in bubbles, charge the sword, and double tap the jet to do ridiculous damage, knock then back, and zoom away.

Blast Ranger the must ranged damage combined with that tornado effect to knock then all off their feet.

Rubble. Shift hammer does great damage but is a little clunky, so teleport and slow enemies. So fun!

Rattle Drilla Range attack dream. With so much shooting at enemies, they don't last long.
---
Any last wishes?
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#44 Posted: 18:05:51 29/08/2016
Blast Shift. He combines my favourite elements, has teleportation, looks cool, two extra lives and of course, bombs.
---
Soon.
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#45 Posted: 16:00:53 15/11/2016
My favorite has got to be Magna Zone.
I like most of my swaps (although I only have four swappers)
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#46 Posted: 08:57:40 30/06/2017
Sorry for the bump, but wanted to add mine.

I really like Spy Drilla.

His bottom half is really good (summoning those turrets is super useful during boss fights and against large enemies or groups of small ones) while his top half can dish out the damage quickly with his rapid fire lasers that also freeze enemies, which is an incredible bonus. The Spy part is ideal for literally any combat situation, be it a boss fight, crowd control or fighting a single large enemy.

It's weird though because neither Spy Rise nor Grilla Drilla on their own is my favorite swapper. That honor goes to Boom Jet, even though he's not even part of my favorite combination.

My other favorites include Free Bomb, Boom Rise, Wash Charge, Hoot Shadow, Rubble Ranger, Rattle Drilla, Night Ranger and more.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:02:12 30/06/2017 by Chompy-King257
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#47 Posted: 02:00:58 11/11/2017
Leaving them all as is. I’m not saying that to be snotty. Those are my favorite. They look too silly swapped.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me