darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > This game is so not for OCD people
Page 1 of 1
This game is so not for OCD people [CLOSED]
Amulet_Star Blue Sparx Gems: 954
#1 Posted: 02:19:11 20/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Okay so Swap Force is definitely mine and my sister's favorite Skylanders game. It's hysterical, it has plot, there's a musical number (which rocked for us theater dorks), so many accents (AVRIL!), the voice acting is top notch, aaand what continues to amaze us the most...WE CAN JUMP!

However, my obsessive compulsive disorder doesn't quite approve of the main theme.

So like, Wash Buckler is basically my Swap Force dude I use, and Blast Zone is my sister's. At some point my sister gets this great idea and says "Hey, let's swap them!"

Okay cool. Let's see how this works.

I swap out and have Wash Zone, and then he says "eight legs and no pegs" which was the first thing to make me tap my fingers 'cause he doesn't have eight legs. And then like I'm pressing the buttons to make him do stuff but he's doing these things that I have no idea what's going on. And then like I'm really tapping my fingers 'cause Blast Zone/Buckler is a half blue octopus and my dude is shooting bubbles and fire which does not mix.

So in a nutshell I don't let my sister swap them when I'm around. If you want to irritate your OCD friend/roommate/dog, I suggest playing this game with them the way it's intended.
---
where did all the good frogs go
Baron Sharpfin Green Sparx Gems: 417
#2 Posted: 10:42:08 20/02/2014
Life sounds hard for an OCD person! smilie I love Wash Zone
---
smilie Fear the Fish
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#3 Posted: 12:12:55 20/02/2014
i'll probably ruin your life now but... wash buckler hasn't 8 legs even in its normal form. he has only 6
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#4 Posted: 13:39:25 20/02/2014
What still burns me, I keep all my swaps on a rotating spice rack, so when I'm going to play, I get it off the bookshelf and bring it to the portal and myself.

My 2 year old son comes over and within 5 minutes of me playing, every single bottom/top has been swapped and I can no longer find the 'top' I am looking for. Of course when my 'session' is over I spend the next few minutes trying to put everything together, one because I'm pseudo OCD and (2) to take inventory and make sure 'Wash Rattler' hasn't wondered off into 'someone's' bedroom haha.
- Unreall
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#5 Posted: 13:42:47 20/02/2014
Here is an other thing that irritates me being an OCD person.The collection screen.This is the one thing I much more prefer in Giants then in this game.So in Ginats your collection grew when you added a skylander and the only pre set data for it was images for the skylanders.(I hope you know what I mean).Now I don't get annoyed at the skylanders collection it self but the magic item screen ticks me off so much.The fact it has pre sets for all the magic items including the sidekicks,volcanic vault,golden dragonfire cannon,platinum treasure chest ect.Now one,the sidekicks were not even released worldwide so how are you supposed to add them to your collection huh!There is even an accolade worth 3-stars if you add one to your collection.The volcanic vault is just like the sidekicks.The sidekicks are more forgiveable as they sold Trigger Snappy in a book.the golden dragonfire cannon don't get me started and platinum treasure chest,it doesn't even work in the game!So yeah.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 15:19:52 20/02/2014
And the fact that Swappable characters figurines are bigger that the normal ones (some as big as a Giant)?
It bugs me EVERY TIME I look at my collection.
A Giant NEEDS to be big.
A Swap Force? Nah.

But I'm happy to have found some persons who have my same problem. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:22:20 20/02/2014 by Drek95
Amulet_Star Blue Sparx Gems: 954
#7 Posted: 16:52:42 20/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: voodude
i'll probably ruin your life now but... wash buckler hasn't 8 legs even in its normal form. he has only 6

What is reality
---
where did all the good frogs go
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#8 Posted: 20:44:06 20/02/2014
Your "OCD".
---
bye
truegamer64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1334
#9 Posted: 21:54:32 20/02/2014
I have OCD, but I don't find this problem. My problem is this:
My friends tell me about SSA, I'm interested
Get a few figs for X-Mas
Then I get more figs
Time goes on, I have every fig including Dark Spyro
SG comes out
I buy all the new ones, LC smilie and S2's in triple packs
Then I want S2's and LC's
I have all the figs
SSF comes out
I get all wave 1, 2, variants, and all of wave 3 I can find.

The moral is, if I hadn't had OCD but still liked Skylanders, a LOT less money would've been spent on important things, not toys. (no offence to anyone, I still LOVE Skylanders)
ProphetFlareon Red Sparx Gems: 56
#10 Posted: 02:47:40 21/02/2014
Are you guys really OCD? Because OCD is much more serious than what you're describing. Probably just like to be neat and tidy, like me..... funny enough everything in my house is a mess smilie I just really don't like when people say they're OCD like its just a simple thing, it's a very serious condition.
---
dito
"do work before you go on darkspyro" ~ some idiot
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:12:11 21/02/2014 by ProphetFlareon
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#11 Posted: 03:41:14 21/02/2014
Do people with OCD become obsessed with keep the Swap Force Skylanders figures with their own proper top and bottom parts? For instance, they don't leave Wash Zone and Blast Buckler. Instead, they change them back to being Wash Buckler and Blast Zone.
#12 Posted: 03:56:20 21/02/2014
No, I do that too, it is just a matter of keeping things in order. I agree with ProphetFlareon, people incorrectly refer to themselves as being OCD, they are just people that like having things in order, which is not an obsession and disorder that negatively affect their lives.
---
bye
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#13 Posted: 05:43:51 21/02/2014
I like swapping parts but im a tad OCD myself in that i tend to not always swap them as I like playing them they way they were made or born etc.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#14 Posted: 15:03:04 21/02/2014
Yeah I'm not truly OCD, I call it 'pseudo-OCD'. Being truly OCD is way worse (of course their are degrees).
- Unreall
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#15 Posted: 15:07:11 21/02/2014
Quote: TheShadowDragon
Do people with OCD become obsessed with keep the Swap Force Skylanders figures with their own proper top and bottom parts? For instance, they don't leave Wash Zone and Blast Buckler. Instead, they change them back to being Wash Buckler and Blast Zone.

I do this.I refuse to let anyone touch my collection without my permission.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#16 Posted: 18:58:03 21/02/2014
Quote: TheShadowDragon

this^
---
THE END IS NEAR
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#17 Posted: 15:00:23 22/02/2014
I'll tell you who really has OCD. Cleveland Brown, Junior (or as I like to call him "C.J.") from "The Cleveland Show".
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#18 Posted: 16:06:17 22/02/2014
I think OCD people would probably have more of an issue with some of the paint jobs on the figures first!
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#19 Posted: 01:29:42 23/02/2014
I just found out i have OCD .___.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
TheLurk Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#20 Posted: 05:03:52 23/02/2014
OCD varies in it's intensity and what triggers it. If you're assuming everyone with OCD acts like, oh, Monk, then you'd be wrong. I have OCD. Does it manifest in everything I do? No. Does it effect me? Yes. I find it coming out when I do things such as crochet or making anything with my hands. If it's not just so, if something looks a tiny bit off-center, I take out stitches and do it again. And no, I don't mean simply doing the wrong stitch. I mean making all the stitches the same exact size. If it's a millimeter off, I have to do it again. It makes it harder to make gifts or cosplay. Or when I'm cleaning. You might think "Just wipe the surface and it'll be fine!". Nope. I wipe the surface alright. But then I eyeball it to make sure even the cracks are clean. And while I'm at it I'll touch the surface to check for tiny oddball things, like a bit glue, or what I assume might be grease. Then I turn that sponge over to the green metal side and scrub again! It's kinda weird. On one hand, I'll be very cavalier about some things, such as not needing chase varients in order to feel my collections is complete, or not caring too much about my grammar. And then the next, I'll be almost in tears because something isn't just right in a costume. Meh. I think we all have our little quirks, but I'm glad I don't have as debilitating OCD as poor Monk.
---
SF 13 SF, 19 reg, 5 LC, TT, FF, JBB
Got: extra Cynders, 1 Lgd Trigger Happy.
WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!! WOOHOO!!
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#21 Posted: 03:51:06 24/02/2014
Quote: Sunny Castanets
I think OCD people would probably have more of an issue with some of the paint jobs on the figures first!

Guuuurl, I'm not OCD but some of those little imperfections had me twitching when I noticed them after the return/exchange policy (It's not like you think to look into Hot Dog's mouth to see if there's paint in there).
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#22 Posted: 22:01:10 07/04/2014
The collection screen is torturing me.
Also the achievements that you get for owning every figure ever made... It drives me nuts that those will remain incomplete.
Lastly, the stats screen doesn't allow individual stats to max out on the bar graph. (probly cuz of hats) but it drives me nuts.
#23 Posted: 23:52:34 07/04/2014
Torture and insanity. You should stop playing the game for your own safety dude.
---
bye
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#24 Posted: 16:39:06 08/04/2014
Quote: DaMadNes
The collection screen is torturing me.
Also the achievements that you get for owning every figure ever made... It drives me nuts that those will remain incomplete.
Lastly, the stats screen doesn't allow individual stats to max out on the bar graph. (probly cuz of hats) but it drives me nuts.

I liked how Giants bar MEANT something to get to a full bar. No such concept in Swap Force. Doesn't make sense to me personally.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
ItalianGamer97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1378
#25 Posted: 16:52:39 08/04/2014
Well, I like to swap mine too, but I put my swappers in their original forms when I done with them. Let's say I was playing with Blast Buckler, and have Wash Zone at the side of my portal. when I'm done with Blast Buckler and plan to switch to someone like Ignitor or Crusher, I swap Blast Buckler and Wash Zone back into Blast Zone and Wash Buckler respectively.
---
And to prevent confusion, I am in the U.S. and I am part Italian.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#26 Posted: 17:56:38 05/07/2014
Yeah I agree
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me