darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Am I only one who thinks Stink Bomb is weak?
Page 1 of 1
Am I only one who thinks Stink Bomb is weak? [CLOSED]
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#1 Posted: 21:11:06 18/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Does anyone agree?
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#2 Posted: 21:21:28 18/02/2014
I for one do not
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#3 Posted: 22:39:34 18/02/2014
Just when he is not upgraded, like many other characters.
---
bye
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#4 Posted: 01:10:10 19/02/2014
Well, Wreakingballbob will say yes when he comes.
Gohdan Green Sparx Gems: 289
#5 Posted: 01:16:53 19/02/2014
He's decent, he's not too bad.
---
"Home is a pin...humanity...cattle."
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#6 Posted: 01:29:40 19/02/2014
Yeah, just from what I see.
---
#hu
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#7 Posted: 04:01:34 19/02/2014
His top half is strong but both bottom paths are weak but overall he is a good character
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#8 Posted: 11:32:10 19/02/2014
Meh, he feels weak to me, and I've tried both paths on top and bottom. Frankly I like the utility and 'stink gas' from his bottom more than anything from his top.
-Unreall
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#9 Posted: 11:58:04 19/02/2014
Quote: GigaCamo
Well, Wreakingballbob will say yes when he comes.

I am here!

He is the worst Swap Force ever. He is so weak.
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#10 Posted: 12:35:38 19/02/2014
He is one of the strongest imo.
ryum Blue Sparx Gems: 759
#11 Posted: 22:31:28 19/02/2014
I don't particularly care about him

This is something I wrote on another thread about Trap Shadow, because I see nothing compelling about his combat or skills for the type of game play I enjoy. This includes my review of stink bomb.

my basic synopsis between the two is

Stink vs Trap

stink
basic projectile
projectile with 4 way shot
basic melee - no combos

Upgrade to
additional projectile with knockback
or
create barrier with projectile like camo, cept his is not consumed by contact, but instead by duration

VS

trap
basic melee that does combo with a dash element (which I prefer)
melee kick that does shoot a projectile
projectile (trap) but not sure any additional functions of this attack. As in does it knockback, slow, hold, dmg over time, ect

Upgrade to
basic melee attack does combo (I imagine like Free does as in multiple attack in a row) ends with knocking enemy into the air instead of the standard knockback which i think most people including myself find more useful.
or
trap does dmg after x amt of time (assuming .5 to 1 to 2 seconds) as no attacks in Swap Force are really long wait durations like we saw in giants and more so in SSA

THEN

Bomb vs Shadow

bomb
basic stealth (like stealth elf)
Stealth cause cloud that does stationary AOE dmg (minor dmg)
melee attack out of stealth

Upgrade to
2 clouds
or
walk slowly and drop a path of dmg dealing trail mechanic like we've seen in many other characters
and this is by far one of the worst "path" due to the slow part (again in my opinion)

VS

shadow
basic stealth (like stealth elf)
deals dmg in the form of point blank aoe (probably minor dmg like bomb)
stealth auto ends with explosion aoe dmg (which I prefer)

Upgrade to
melee kick does dmg to a greater distance
or
can leave a "path" that deals dmg

All of these summations do assume the character has full upgrades and soul gem

my info was gathered from videos like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZU-ShXSc_I
which showcase the combos, and other info

My current reasoning, (and again pure preference not saying either is categorically better especially since I have limited info on trap shadow) is that trap shadow is at least slightly more in tune with my playstyle are two main things
primary attack

stink bomb is more projectile based, and really nothing we have not seen before
and I really don't have any clue how trap shadows "trap" works but it does seem to take a back burner to his melee attack

Trap Shadow is more melee based, and the melee combos do move the character and dash which is something I do like with free ranger and other characters. I think it's more fun in that regard

Forms of "stealth"
Stink Bomb basically drops AOE stationary clouds
Trap Shadow deals dmg to nearby enemies which is mobile as it surrounds him

Stink Bomb can melee strike out of stealth which is nice, but I wouldn't use it vs his far superior projectile attacks
Trap Shadow stealth auto ends with point blank AOE dmg that will happen no matter what attack I choose do doesn't replace an attack, but instead in additional to what I am already doing which is more useful in my opinion

That is the best review I can put together from what I have gathered about these two guys.
ProphetFlareon Red Sparx Gems: 56
#12 Posted: 09:25:07 20/02/2014
Top path is a good path, not the best but I like him. His bottom path is atrocious, both paths are absolutely terrible in both PvE and PvP in my experience. Eh, whatcha gonna do...
---
dito
"do work before you go on darkspyro" ~ some idiot
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#13 Posted: 09:35:59 20/02/2014
Yeah, basically, Stink is okay (nothing great) but Bomb... stinks.

I just don't find Bomb useful at all. Shadow looks way more fun- Bomb's disappearing ability is just too finicky to use. He's weak and not very fun because he's too difficult to use effectively. Shadow looks like he does Bomb's job a million times better.
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#14 Posted: 12:15:14 20/02/2014
i think that the art of acorns and sneaky trick paths are very weak, on the other path he is decent
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#15 Posted: 13:36:56 20/02/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
Yeah, basically, Stink is okay (nothing great) but Bomb... stinks.

I just don't find Bomb useful at all. Shadow looks way more fun- Bomb's disappearing ability is just too finicky to use. He's weak and not very fun because he's too difficult to use effectively. Shadow looks like he does Bomb's job a million times better.

I can't speak on PvP at all, but when it comes to arena, plants, low health, etc, it's actually pretty awesome. I'll walk up to a plant or something that's stationary for a while, drop some gas and walk away, its usually dead from the DoT shortly or pretty close. Difficulty level does play a part in it as well. He doesn't scale as well as some of the othre characters.

Either way, he's one of the weakest Swaps *period* - and frankly lacks the coolness of Fire Kraken.
- Unreall
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#16 Posted: 02:11:41 22/02/2014
nope, he is AWSOME!
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#17 Posted: 13:19:47 22/02/2014
I bought Rubble Rouser, Spy Rise and Stink Bomb together and personally I found him the 2nd best of the wave. Spy Rise was awesome and Rubble Rouser I loved the most of the 3 but his gameplay was the WORST I have ever played. Stink Bomb is only hyped because of Sneak. He sadly wasn't as good as Girrila Drilla. This Waves swappers had problems and the worst swapper wave so far. Wave 2 honestly was better.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#18 Posted: 20:10:25 22/02/2014
hes good but he bottom part meant to be sneaky so thats why its bottom weak
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Gohdan Green Sparx Gems: 289
#19 Posted: 21:38:20 22/02/2014
Yeah, he stinks.

Ba-dun-chzzz!
---
"Home is a pin...humanity...cattle."
RandomUser39 Green Sparx Gems: 131
#20 Posted: 22:15:01 22/02/2014
I agree, he's underwhelming. I never did really enjoy him since he was revealed, mostly because I hate fart jokes and how they are used to be funny.
---
The most random and inconsequential user this forum has to offer.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me