darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Is it worth swapping the wii version for the wii U version?
Page 1 of 1
Is it worth swapping the wii version for the wii U version? [CLOSED]
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#1 Posted: 21:09:15 17/02/2014 | Topic Creator
So my wii packed up and won't read or spin discs anymore so I decided to get a wii U.

My younger brother plays skylanders a lot and is very disapointed with the wii version. It is a very poor game that is clearly not finished/worked on correctly that should not have been released in the state that it was. The grapgics are shocking. They look like early PS2. The not playable characters don't even have shadows (talk about lazy!) And are very wooden moving. The game crashes/freezes a lot, making you having to restart the level all over again. It has several glitches. It is now deleting data on our skylanders figures (lowering the levels they are on by itself).
My brother now refuses to play it.

Activision has been very cheeky and released a game that is not fit for release. They should stop production and fix it. Or dramatically lower the price.

So what is wrong with the wii U version and what parts are better than the wii's?
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 21:18:53 17/02/2014
The Wii U version has much better graphics, to start it off. Everything is detailed about 8x better than the Wii version.

There aren't as many bugs, although it still has a few. They're rare, though.

No crashes have happened since I made the change.

So.. yeah.

There's been a known bug where Portal Master Rank stars and achievements disappear.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#3 Posted: 21:53:38 17/02/2014
As Matteo said it is way better.The only bad thing is the little bug that decreases your portal master rank and such but it doesn't happen all the time so definitely upgrade.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#4 Posted: 00:36:48 18/02/2014
I would get a Wii U version if you can. I play on Wii and although I haven't experienced much crashing or had any data lost, or had a lot of bugs, I see there's some people that unfortunately got the short end of the stick, including you (Ive never even heard about the Skylander data loss thing until now). IMO I also think the graphics are actually decent for a Wii game (the no shadows is a little thing that bothers me though). Even so, I would upgrade it anyway not just for a lesser chance of bugs, and not just because of better graphics, but because there are actually some things on other consoles that the Wii didn't get because they couldn't fit it all onto a Wii disc. I know this because I've watched videos, there are some extra parts and differences in most of the levels such as Elemental Gates that the Wii couldn't get, although they did for the most part rework it to fit what they removed. So basically what I'm saying if you have another console, then the Wii version isn't the most ideal unless you really want to play on Wii, so try to get the Wii U one.
---
Purple dragon.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 00:40:27 18/02/2014
Wii is the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of content, graphics and bugs. Any other platform would be better (not including 3DS).
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
MegaDozer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1887
#6 Posted: 05:48:28 18/02/2014
I have the Wii U version and its great,do yourself a solid and pick it up.
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#7 Posted: 11:55:55 18/02/2014
My son really enjoyed the Wii version because he loves Skylanders. He got the Wii U for Christmas with the Wii U version. It is infinitely better than the Wii version. You and your little brother will be amazed by the differences.
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#8 Posted: 01:48:03 20/02/2014
if you buy the wii u and keep the wii version of the game, the graphics improve slightly, but it is more likely to freeze up.
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Xerxxees Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#9 Posted: 17:59:39 20/02/2014
I think considering the deals that are available for the Wii U starter pack it's totally a worthwhile investment.

I've seen it on the Wii and I own the Wii U and Xbox One versions. I can say that the difference, IMO, between Wii and Wii U is huge. HUGE.

Wii U --> Xbox One the XB is better, but not nearly the difference that Wii --> Wii U has.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#10 Posted: 18:03:26 20/02/2014
Quote: mrdarkspyro
if you buy the wii u and keep the wii version of the game, the graphics improve slightly, but it is more likely to freeze up.

Um.. No, the Wii U version almost never freezes.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#11 Posted: 18:47:28 20/02/2014
Ice Dragoness if I am correct you live in the UK right?If you do and you are buying the Wii U version it was greatly discounted and all starters are £29.99 in Smythes.Just so you know.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:29:19 20/02/2014 by azz01
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#12 Posted: 20:44:42 20/02/2014
Short answer: Yes, definitely.
---
bye
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#13 Posted: 22:14:51 20/02/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Um.. No, the Wii U version almost never freezes.

Quote: mrdarkspyro

He didn't say anything about the Wii U version :/
---
Purple dragon.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me