darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Question in the Collections menu (Xbox One)
Page 1 of 1
Question in the Collections menu (Xbox One) [CLOSED]
tenicord Red Sparx Gems: 10
#1 Posted: 00:24:24 17/02/2014 | Topic Creator
So I just bought this game for the first time, I thought it would be really childish but I can't believe how fun and polished it is! Anyway I have a question that is kinda bugging me. In the collection menu and also when I start up the game in the top left hand corner is a box and then it also has my portal master level. Well the box itself is empty and I'm wondering what's suppose to be in there? Ever time I open up that menu it loads but nothing appears in there... thanks!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2 Posted: 00:40:51 17/02/2014
I believe your talking about the mission box.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#3 Posted: 00:47:14 17/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Is it suppose to be blank/empty? It looks like something isn't loading there that's maybe suppose to?
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13873
#4 Posted: 00:48:30 17/02/2014
Don't have an Xbox 360 or One so not sure whether there's a direct equivalent but on the PS3 that's where your PSN profile avatar goes.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#5 Posted: 00:50:35 17/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok thanks. I have an avatar/profile icon on my Xbox One so I wonder why it's not loading. I'll have to mess around with it a bit more I guess..
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 02:26:57 17/02/2014
I don't think your portal master rank starts to count until after you've completed Rampant Ruins I think---have you at least completed story mode up to that level?

The game is deceptively childish on the surface, but it's fun for all ages---as evidenced from the folks who are here.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#7 Posted: 09:01:46 17/02/2014
You have to be signed into your profile and have Rampant Ruins completed.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#8 Posted: 14:03:34 17/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah I am signed in and have completed Rampant Ruins. Still shows up blank which is weird. It looks like error because something tries to load in the box but then it just goes black. It's ok though, I was more curious than anything...

And instead of making a new topic, I'll ask a couple more questions if that's ok. (I really knew/know nothing about this game when I bought it.)
1) Can I play my characters on a different system? If I bought the 3DS version would my skylanders i use on he xbox one still have their level and stuff?
2) It said I need a skylander giant to open the safe.. does it have to be the actual giant skylanders or will any skylander giant open the safe? (I'm assuming it has to be the big ones.)
3) Likewise, do all he old skylanders work on swap-force?
4) Is there a good way to save?

I guess I'm a big confused whether or not the data is stored on the skylander itself and each version is different. Or if the data is stored on the game and recognizes the figure. Like, would it be able to tell the difference between each Zoo Lu or not? And should I bother playing any of the old games? From what I've read it sounds like swap-force is a lot better than previous games, but since i have an xbox one (with only swap force) and a ps3 I'd want to be able to transfer the characters from one system to the other.

Sorry, for all the questions, I'm just very interested. This game has been one of the biggest surprises. smilie I love it. Thanks again.

edit: btw I fixed it. (For those curious) it's the xbox avatar that shows up there not the gamerpic that's in your profile. But to get your avatar to show up, (because I already had one) you need to create a gamerpic with your avatar, but you don't need to set it as your gamerpic.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 16:07:52 17/02/2014 by tenicord
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#9 Posted: 16:10:27 17/02/2014
I wonder if this is a bug in that if you complete that board without being signed in you don't get a portal master rank (assumes you are an offline character)...for kicks and giggles, start a new save file and make sure you are signed in and complete all levels up to and including Rampant Ruins and see if your portal master rank starts up.

Quote: tenicord

1) Can I play my characters on a different system? If I bought the 3DS version would my skylanders i use on he xbox one still have their level and stuff?
2) It said I need a skylander giant to open the safe.. does it have to be the actual giant skylanders or will any skylander giant open the safe? (I'm assuming it has to be the big ones.)
3) Likewise, do all he old skylanders work on swap-force?
4) Is there a good way to save?

1. yes--all characters can be played on different systems--key thing is that the game you are playing has to support the character.
2. Big Giant boxes have the giants logo (looks like Tree Rex) do in fact require a giants character to unlock. Not critical to the game but there is an accolade related to it. Giants were sold in Giants and are all reasonably available especially at TRU. Any giant will do.

If you are referring to the underhollow in Woodburrow, you will need the appropriate element to open a gate, much like elemental gates.
3. yes, old always works on the new. Until Activision changes their stance anyway.
4. Saves happen automatically both at checkpoints and at the end of the level. In reality, if you quit a level before completing all of the collection stuff is automatically saved but you won't get the chapter related stars until completion.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:15:00 17/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me