First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Wave 4 scheduled for April? [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#51 Posted: 02:38:33 09/02/2014
Quote: eruptshake137
Quote: Matteomax
Quote: Gohdan

No response? Seems suspicious... Yeah, Matteomax, how can you prove it? Just wondering.

First off; I wouldn't lie.

Second; I don 't have an exact date, but this info was given to me by a Target employee.

Your a moderator, I would never think some thing like that. I was just wondering where you got it from.

He's not a priest or anything, sworn to take an oath. He's just like anyone else. smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
TheLurk Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#52 Posted: 11:32:34 11/02/2014
Quote: KrazyBoomer

Second; I don 't have an exact date, but this info was given to me by a Target employee.

Your a moderator, I would never think some thing like that. I was just wondering where you got it from.

I haven't heard a single thing about Nitro Freeze Blade and I work at Target. The electronics TL is also a skylander fan and informs me of release dates and anything he hears from higher up.

This actually doesn't surprise me. My local Target doesn't get info all of the time on special Skylanders or release dates, unless it's a hard date, and even then, it was only when the fig was physically in the store that they knew. Sad but true. Wish the info would be sent in to all stores when it's something like this.

I'll be sure to look out for them in the meantime!
---
SF 13 SF, 19 reg, 5 LC, TT, FF, JBB
Got: extra Cynders, 1 Lgd Trigger Happy.
WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!! WOOHOO!!
Chrisii2013 Green Sparx Gems: 454
#53 Posted: 13:19:44 11/02/2014
Im kind of wondering whether to bother with this game now. been waiting months in the UK for parts to complete the game such as stink bomb and sheep wreck islands. one shop has had them and now they're sold out already. probably all been sold to money grabbers who will sell them at three times what they are worth. so we are forced to wait even longer or pay extortionate prices.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#54 Posted: 14:16:10 11/02/2014

I haven't heard a single thing about Nitro Freeze Blade and I work at Target. The electronics TL is also a skylander fan and informs me of release dates and anything he hears from higher up.

This guy has given us info a long time before the release dates of Jade Flashwing, Nitro Magna Charge, and Scarlet Ninjini. I think he knows what he's talking about.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#55 Posted: 18:21:30 11/02/2014
Or they may come out in March in the UK.
---
BP Blue Sparx Gems: 631
#56 Posted: 21:10:53 11/02/2014
I don't know how helpful this information is, but wanted to contribute a little information in case it helps put the pieces together:

I have an independent game store. I have access to the basic catalog-type information for Skylanders, and have ordered a bunch of them over time.

A couple of notes (some of which you already know):

The prebook date for the "Spring" singles (the date you have to order the figures to recieve them by the release date) is February 18. The "release" date is April 6. That means Activision will start shipping the Spring figures to wholesalers and stores in mid to late March so that they are available to go on shelves on April 6.

Activision ships most figures out in assorted boxes of 12. Stores have little control over what figures they get, other than knowing generally what wave Activision is currently shipping.

For the Wave 1 and Wave 2 of Swap Force figures, there were 4 different figures per box (3 of each for a total of 12).

For Wave 3, there were 3 new Swap Force figures (3 each of Stink Bomb, Rubble Rouser, and Spy Rise for a total of 9) and 3 repeats from Wave 1 (1 each of Magna Charge, Rattle Shake, and Hoot Loop; Free Ranger was left out, likely because he is in the 3DS pack).

My educated guess is that Swap Force Wave 4 boxes will have 3 of each of the final 3 Swap Force figures (Trap Shadow, Doom Stone, and Freeze Blade), and 1 of each of the Wave 2 figures (I am hoping Fire Kraken, Grilla Drilla, and Night Shift, because sales of Boom Jet are really slow).

If there is a Wave 5 for Swap Force figures, it would probably be only to ship singles of Blast Zone and Wash Buckler (for those that ordered the 3DS version). I don't know how else they would split up Wave 4.

On Lightcores, I don't believe that LC Bumble Blast is coming out any time soon. Wave 1 had 5 LC figures (in a box of 12, 2 Smolderdash, 2 Flashwing, 2 Grim Creeper, 3 Star Strike, and 3 Warnado). In Wave 3 (they skipped 2), there were 2 new figures (4 Countdown and 4 Wham Shell) in each box, and then 1 each of Smolderdash, Flashwing, Grim Creeper, and Warnado (Star Strike was not represented, likely because there is a single of her).

Because 7 of the Lightcores have been released, there is no symmetrical way to release #8 (Bumble Blast). It is my guess, that Lightcore Bumble Blast will be released as some sort of promotion for Skylanders 4 like Lightcore Hex.

On the single figures, Wave 1 and 2 boxes each had 2-3 each of brand new characters, and 1 each of several reposes. Wave 1 had 2 Slobbertooth, 2 Roller Brawl, 2 Zoo Lou, 2 Countdown, and then 1 each of Eruptor, Spyro, Pop Fizz, and Chill. Wave 2 had 3 Scorp, 3 Rip Tide, 1 Star Strike, and then 1 each of Terrafin, Heavy Duty Sprocket, Big Bang Trigger Happy, Twin Blade Chop Chop, and Anchors Away Gill Grunt.

For Wave 3, the single boxes had 3 Smolderdash, 3 Dune Bug, 2 Cynder, 1 Prism Break, and 1 Whirlwind (total of 10). They also rereleased 1 each of the Wave 1 figures Zoo Lou and Countdown.

If I had to guess, Wave 4 boxes will include 3 Scratch, 3 Grim Creeper, and 1 each of Hot Dog, Jet Vac, and Camo. Like with Wave 3, I could see them including 1 each of Scorp and Rip Tide from Wave 2. Because that is only 11, I could also see them including 2 Hot Dogs (like Cynder).

Because Punk Shock and Fryno are being released as part of the special Easter event, they probably won't be a part of a Wave 4 release.

As far as singles, I believe that leaves only Bumble Blast, Pop Thorn, and Wind Up (the figures in the adventure/battle packs) that have not been released as singles. I guess they could also ship non-easter versions of Punk Shock and Fryno, although I can't see them releasing those right after the easter versions.

My guess (pure speculation) is that either (1) there will be a Wave 4 in late-February / early-March and the Easter figures in April are "Wave 5;" or the Wave 4 figures will be released in April around the time of the Easter figures and there will be no Wave 5. Other than having a separate wave solely for singles of the adventure/battle pack figures, I have trouble seeing how they would build an assortment of Wave 5 characters.

Again, you may know all of this and I have no idea if it is useful. I just thought I would add what little insight I have.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#57 Posted: 21:36:24 11/02/2014
Quote: BP
I don't know how helpful this information is, but wanted to contribute a little information in case it helps put the pieces together:

I have an independent game store. I have access to the basic catalog-type information for Skylanders, and have ordered a bunch of them over time.

A couple of notes (some of which you already know):

The prebook date for the "Spring" singles (the date you have to order the figures to recieve them by the release date) is February 18. The "release" date is April 6. That means Activision will start shipping the Spring figures to wholesalers and stores in mid to late March so that they are available to go on shelves on April 6.

Activision ships most figures out in assorted boxes of 12. Stores have little control over what figures they get, other than knowing generally what wave Activision is currently shipping.

For the Wave 1 and Wave 2 of Swap Force figures, there were 4 different figures per box (3 of each for a total of 12).

For Wave 3, there were 3 new Swap Force figures (3 each of Stink Bomb, Rubble Rouser, and Spy Rise for a total of 9) and 3 repeats from Wave 1 (1 each of Magna Charge, Rattle Shake, and Hoot Loop; Free Ranger was left out, likely because he is in the 3DS pack).

My educated guess is that Swap Force Wave 4 boxes will have 3 of each of the final 3 Swap Force figures (Trap Shadow, Doom Stone, and Freeze Blade), and 1 of each of the Wave 2 figures (I am hoping Fire Kraken, Grilla Drilla, and Night Shift, because sales of Boom Jet are really slow).

If there is a Wave 5 for Swap Force figures, it would probably be only to ship singles of Blast Zone and Wash Buckler (for those that ordered the 3DS version). I don't know how else they would split up Wave 4.

On Lightcores, I don't believe that LC Bumble Blast is coming out any time soon. Wave 1 had 5 LC figures (in a box of 12, 2 Smolderdash, 2 Flashwing, 2 Grim Creeper, 3 Star Strike, and 3 Warnado). In Wave 3 (they skipped 2), there were 2 new figures (4 Countdown and 4 Wham Shell) in each box, and then 1 each of Smolderdash, Flashwing, Grim Creeper, and Warnado (Star Strike was not represented, likely because there is a single of her).

Because 7 of the Lightcores have been released, there is no symmetrical way to release #8 (Bumble Blast). It is my guess, that Lightcore Bumble Blast will be released as some sort of promotion for Skylanders 4 like Lightcore Hex.

On the single figures, Wave 1 and 2 boxes each had 2-3 each of brand new characters, and 1 each of several reposes. Wave 1 had 2 Slobbertooth, 2 Roller Brawl, 2 Zoo Lou, 2 Countdown, and then 1 each of Eruptor, Spyro, Pop Fizz, and Chill. Wave 2 had 3 Scorp, 3 Rip Tide, 1 Star Strike, and then 1 each of Terrafin, Heavy Duty Sprocket, Big Bang Trigger Happy, Twin Blade Chop Chop, and Anchors Away Gill Grunt.

For Wave 3, the single boxes had 3 Smolderdash, 3 Dune Bug, 2 Cynder, 1 Prism Break, and 1 Whirlwind (total of 10). They also rereleased 1 each of the Wave 1 figures Zoo Lou and Countdown.

If I had to guess, Wave 4 boxes will include 3 Scratch, 3 Grim Creeper, and 1 each of Hot Dog, Jet Vac, and Camo. Like with Wave 3, I could see them including 1 each of Scorp and Rip Tide from Wave 2. Because that is only 11, I could also see them including 2 Hot Dogs (like Cynder).

Because Punk Shock and Fryno are being released as part of the special Easter event, they probably won't be a part of a Wave 4 release.

As far as singles, I believe that leaves only Bumble Blast, Pop Thorn, and Wind Up (the figures in the adventure/battle packs) that have not been released as singles. I guess they could also ship non-easter versions of Punk Shock and Fryno, although I can't see them releasing those right after the easter versions.

My guess (pure speculation) is that either (1) there will be a Wave 4 in late-February / early-March and the Easter figures in April are "Wave 5;" or the Wave 4 figures will be released in April around the time of the Easter figures and there will be no Wave 5. Other than having a separate wave solely for singles of the adventure/battle pack figures, I have trouble seeing how they would build an assortment of Wave 5 characters.

Again, you may know all of this and I have no idea if it is useful. I just thought I would add what little insight I have.

thanks for the info!

we know there are no singles of bumble blast and camo. according to a walmart leak back in august, wind-up and pop thorn will get singles.

another employee (from target) has confirmed that we will see nitro freeze blade around the same time frame, so my guess is freeze blade may be coming soon.

still no news on..

jade fire kraken (maybe target exclusive, would be awesome in a double with NFsmilie
enchanted star strike (will probably be walmart exclusive.)
kickoff countdown (might be in june to correspond to the FIFA world cup)
#58 Posted: 21:50:49 11/02/2014
Quote:
we know there are no singles of bumble blast and camo. according to a walmart leak back in august, wind-up and pop thorn will get singles.

If that is true, I would speculate that Wave 4 single boxes would include 3 Scratch, 3 Grim Creeper, and 1 each of Hot Dog, Jet Vac, Pop Thorn, Wind Up, Scorp, and Rip Tide.

I will also note that with Giants, there were several characters that got singles, but the singles did not appear until Activision stopped shipping in waves and started sending random-ish assortments. It is possible that Wind Up and Pop Thorn will appear as singles at some point, just not in the waves.
#59 Posted: 21:52:24 11/02/2014
Quote:

If that is true, I would speculate that Wave 4 single boxes would include 3 Scratch, 3 Grim Creeper, and 1 each of Hot Dog, Jet Vac, Pop Thorn, Wind Up, Scorp, and Rip Tide.

I will also note that with Giants, there were several characters that got singles, but the singles did not appear until Activision stopped shipping in waves and started sending random-ish assortments. It is possible that Wind Up and Pop Thorn will appear as singles at some point, just not in the waves.

there was a jet vac single that never got released in the us.
#60 Posted: 23:06:29 11/02/2014
@BP Ahh the advantages of being an independent store! Thanks for the info! I disagree though about Blast Zone and Wash Buckler. They've had trouble selling the starters and I get the feeling they're not gonna take away the reason people are buying them by making singles of those two. We'll see though.
---
#61 Posted: 01:54:13 12/02/2014
Quote: TheLurk
@BP Ahh the advantages of being an independent store! Thanks for the info! I disagree though about Blast Zone and Wash Buckler. They've had trouble selling the starters and I get the feeling they're not gonna take away the reason people are buying them by making singles of those two. We'll see though.

Oh, no that was exactly my point...I should have said that better. I seriously doubt that Activision is going to do a Wave just for Blast Zone and Wash Buckler (especially considering that almost everyone already has one from their Starter Pack), so I think that makes it unlikely there will be a Wave 5 for the Swap Force characters.

My overall point was basically that with the characters that are left and the way Activision has been packaging everything, I can't really see there being a major Wave 5. If there is one, it will probably be a wave solely of the Easter characters by themselves (Wave 4 having been already released in the next couple of weeks).

One other general observation that, again, it pure speculation regarding TRU. As an aside and background...TRU drives me nuts with regard to Skylanders. Their "list" price on Skylanders is $1 higher than everyone else's list price. So they arrange to get figures first, overcharge everyone for the figures for several weeks, and then drop prices (like they are right now with their buy 4 sale) so that they are priced at or below wholesale cost (making it so that I can sometimes buy figures cheaper from TRU than Activision). But I digress...

My conspiracy theory is that TRU tries to make a ton of money on figures when they are initially released, and then after they have been out a couple of weeks has a major 40% to 60% off sale to dump everything at wholesale cost and (1) lead customers into the store, and (2) more importantly, clear their shelves so they can quickly place and overcharge for the next wave.

Again, it is just speculation, but I can't help but wonder whether TRU's sale this week is preparing for a new wave late this month or early next month.
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#62 Posted: 05:32:15 12/02/2014

This guy has given us info a long time before the release dates of Jade Flashwing, Nitro Magna Charge, and Scarlet Ninjini. I think he knows what he's talking about.

Nitro freeze blade will be out before April 6.
The actual street date is confidential still, so I can't share it. I have an image, but can't share that either. But you can easily imagine what he looks like, based on nitro magna charge.
He will be sold as a single pack. No clue if his release coincides with a larger wave. He's the only character being promoted the week he is released.
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#63 Posted: 05:56:11 12/02/2014
Thanks lesty.
Do you know if he will be locked from being sold until the street date or could he start popping up in stores before the street date?
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#64 Posted: 13:19:49 12/02/2014
Thanks Lesty. But why a single pack?
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
#65 Posted: 15:38:20 12/02/2014
How come if I make a topic about these in the UK it keeps getting deleted?
---
#66 Posted: 15:56:05 12/02/2014
so, does this mean REGULAR freeze blade should come soon?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#67 Posted: 16:49:19 12/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: wreckingballbob

Well it's the same subject actually, you keep posting a topic about Wave 4 being in the UK at a possible earlier date instead of using this existing topic.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#68 Posted: 18:42:37 12/02/2014
Quote: Aura24
Quote: wreckingballbob

Well it's the same subject actually, you keep posting a topic about Wave 4 being in the UK at a possible earlier date instead of using this existing topic.

But this could help people in the UK get them.
---
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#69 Posted: 18:50:05 12/02/2014
Quote: lesty

Considering they always release them for a Sunday add. That means it will be on one of these days:
Sunday 2/16
Sunday 2/23
Sunday 3/2
Sunday 3/9
Sunday 3/16
Sunday 3/23
Sunday 3/30
I wonder if he could be a release for the Daytona 500 on Sunday 2/23
#70 Posted: 20:44:09 12/02/2014
Quote: wgeorge111

Considering they always release them for a Sunday add. That means it will be on one of these days:
Sunday 2/16
Sunday 2/23
Sunday 3/2
Sunday 3/9
Sunday 3/16
Sunday 3/23
Sunday 3/30

that would be awesome if it was 2/23. that's the day after my birthday.
#71 Posted: 21:07:05 12/02/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
so, does this mean REGULAR freeze blade should come soon?

I would sure hope so.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#72 Posted: 21:24:46 12/02/2014
Oh, no that was exactly my point...I should have said that better. I seriously doubt that Activision is going to do a Wave just for Blast Zone and Wash Buckler (especially considering that almost everyone already has one from their Starter Pack), so I think that makes it unlikely there will be a Wave 5 for the Swap Force characters.

My overall point was basically that with the characters that are left and the way Activision has been packaging everything, I can't really see there being a major Wave 5. If there is one, it will probably be a wave solely of the Easter characters by themselves (Wave 4 having been already released in the next couple of weeks).

One other general observation that, again, it pure speculation regarding TRU. As an aside and background...TRU drives me nuts with regard to Skylanders. Their "list" price on Skylanders is $1 higher than everyone else's list price. So they arrange to get figures first, overcharge everyone for the figures for several weeks, and then drop prices (like they are right now with their buy 4 sale) so that they are priced at or below wholesale cost (making it so that I can sometimes buy figures cheaper from TRU than Activision). But I digress...

My conspiracy theory is that TRU tries to make a ton of money on figures when they are initially released, and then after they have been out a couple of weeks has a major 40% to 60% off sale to dump everything at wholesale cost and (1) lead customers into the store, and (2) more importantly, clear their shelves so they can quickly place and overcharge for the next wave.

Again, it is just speculation, but I can't help but wonder whether TRU's sale this week is preparing for a new wave late this month or early next month.

I see now. And yes, I think you may be right about TRU. Wouldn't put it past them.

The actual street date is confidential still, so I can't share it. I have an image, but can't share that either. But you can easily imagine what he looks like, based on nitro magna charge.
He will be sold as a single pack. No clue if his release coincides with a larger wave. He's the only character being promoted the week he is released.

Interesting. Only a single this time, but no double pack. And Target probably won't have the regular version in at the same time, so people are more likely to buy the Nitro version. Makes sense. Nice to know a ballpark estimate, so I can make sure to save monies for it. It's fine if you can't say more than that, this is more than enough help! Thank you! smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:33:24 12/02/2014 by TheLurk
#73 Posted: 21:26:51 12/02/2014
Not a theory...makes sense from a business standpoint to make money...that IS the point why their doors are open. If they don't make money, they can't be open. If they're not open, there's no store to buy them.

I like the fact this is in a single. If only Nitro M Charge was in a single...could've saved some bucks.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:28:41 12/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#74 Posted: 03:52:19 13/02/2014

Sunday 2/16
Sunday 2/23
Sunday 3/2
Sunday 3/9
Sunday 3/16
Sunday 3/23
Sunday 3/30

That would be so cool!
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#75 Posted: 04:06:25 13/02/2014
He won't be out in Feb...a little closer to Easter.
Just doth want anyone thinking it's coming soon.
Also, for those who have speculated on Jade fire kraken, I have
no idea on that one, but don't expect him to be an exclusive at target.
#76 Posted: 04:08:02 13/02/2014
So we can eliminate the next 2 Sundays..
#77 Posted: 07:43:42 13/02/2014
Quote: SkylanderPrime
Thanks lesty.
Do you know if he will be locked from being sold until the street date or could he start popping up in stores before the street date?

If Nitro MC is any indication, it won't matter as they will have plenty. It's not going to be a one week exclusive like last time.
---
#78 Posted: 17:02:06 13/02/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Not a theory...makes sense from a business standpoint to make money...that IS the point why their doors are open. If they don't make money, they can't be open. If they're not open, there's no store to buy them.

I don't disagree with TRU making money. I shop there quite a bit and like the store. It is the anti-competitive way they appear to stage Skylander releases that I was referencing. Just a general example for illustration:

As an independent store, it has sometimes taken 2-3 weeks before I am able to get a new wave of figures after TRU has them.

So, say TRU gets a wave of Skylanders on 3/1. They sell them at $1 over list price for a couple of weeks. Then, around the time that independent stores start getting the new wave in mid-march, TRU starts doing 40% off and BOGO sales that price figures at around wholesale cost (i.e. the cost independent stores can buy the figures at). They can do that because they already made their money. By the time independent stores can get the new figures in stock, they have difficulty making any profit because figures are selling at TRU for near wholesale cost.

I'm not saying they are doing anything wrong...that is the way the market works. It just makes it harder for independent stores to make it.
#79 Posted: 17:15:50 13/02/2014
Kinda funny but small businesses in the US is critical for growth yet on the other end the big chains threatens to eat their lunch. Retail (Wal Mart and others) especially. And guess who has lobbyists in Washington looking out for them? The big businesses. No disagreement on your point.
---
#80 Posted: 01:30:10 15/02/2014

Sunday 2/16
Sunday 2/23
Sunday 3/2
Sunday 3/9
Sunday 3/16
Sunday 3/23
Sunday 3/30

and the winner is...

3/23
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me