Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Wave 4 scheduled for April? [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 07:11:50 05/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Diggeh found images of some possible Wave 4 Skylanders set to be released on April 6th. The images are seen on Bestbuy.com who added the SKylanders to their listings there.

Also what's with the different packaging?

Punk Shock - http://alturl.com/qapvp

Fryno - http://alturl.com/fb8qv

Springtime Trigger Happy - http://alturl.com/serdw
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:13:32 05/02/2014 by Aura24
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 07:15:56 05/02/2014
They look cool. Awww no Scratch smilie

Hope they come out everywhere else in April too.
---
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#3 Posted: 07:42:43 05/02/2014
Instead of keeping it to 1 character having an exclusive box, it's turned into a lets make the whole wave have an exclusive box art.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#4 Posted: 08:07:14 05/02/2014
Quote: WickedRogue
Instead of keeping it to 1 character having an exclusive box, it's turned into a lets make the whole wave have an exclusive box art.

I'm not sure what is going on with the box colors/design. If that's how they look, it looks LESS collectible to me. Character images work better. I wouldn't mind Springtime looking eastery and all, but not the other guys.

I also think it's a HUGE mistake if they plan on a two month+ vacation from releasing figures. How are they meeting current demand? Sending current wave boxes?

If they do wait this long we need to see at least five new (I believe we have 13 or so to go if you include the variants).

Kinda irritated also how they plastered Freeze Blade ALL LAST YEAR when they announced Swap Force and here we are, all done with the game and haven't been able to play him. I guess they expect him to push up the sales; I'm also guessing the others weren't favored as much in their market testing.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:47:58 05/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
DarkRaptor Green Sparx Gems: 225
#5 Posted: 14:26:13 05/02/2014
I can't imagine this being Wave 4. We are missing a few Skylanders, and a two or three month lull without anything new would be unwise. If anything this is a 'special release' and Wave 4 is coming up soon.

As for Freeze Blade, the Olympics are coming up this week! I doubt we will see him by Friday, but it would of been prefect to release along side the Olympics.
---
Tumblr Blog about the Skylanders TCG I am creating: http://skylandertcg.tumblr.com
2/24 is Stealth Elf week!
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#6 Posted: 14:39:45 05/02/2014
I don't see these being the next figures to get released, if April is the correct date. Two months would be too long. Either there will be a couple variants to hold us over (Nitro Freeze Blade, perhaps?) or there will be a more proper wave before them.

Have we ever had such an early leak? Two whole months? I have one eyebrow raised at this right now...
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#7 Posted: 14:41:33 05/02/2014
Hmm.

I think these specific characters have reasons to be out

I think Punk shock is gonna be placed in some Girls Easter baskets whereas Fryno is going to be in some Boys baskets.

Something to raise best buys money. Wave 4 will probably be in March.
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
#8 Posted: 15:16:20 05/02/2014
Quote: zap18
Hmm.

I think these specific characters have reasons to be out

I think Punk shock is gonna be placed in some Girls Easter baskets whereas Fryno is going to be in some Boys baskets.

Something to raise best buys money. Wave 4 will probably be in March.

See bolded--I think you nailed it. I would also think that these "easter" editions are specific for the purposes of easter basket purchases, and that the real wave is somewhere else (with more characters and traditional box styles). Note that they did this in certain non-US regions last year and it seems that perhaps they wanted to extend it or include the US.

I would guess we'll have two swappers, the remaining reposes (two are left I think) in addition to those listed.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:36:39 05/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
artican Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#9 Posted: 15:22:51 05/02/2014
someone said somewhere the others are
Trap shadow
doom stone
scratch
lc bumble blast
turbo jet vac

are the others with this not confirmed thou
#10 Posted: 15:29:34 05/02/2014
Quote: artican
Trap shadow
doom stone
scratch
lc bumble blast
turbo jet vac

I'd love to see the link to the post, so the appropriate hazing can commence.
---
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#11 Posted: 15:48:28 05/02/2014
You saw that on MALLICEDOLL79 Youtube channel artican
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#12 Posted: 16:44:04 05/02/2014
As usual, don't believe random people on YouTube.

Nitro Freeze Blade is due for release soon, too.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#13 Posted: 16:46:47 05/02/2014
I think the BIG question around wave 4 is...will there be a wave 5? That will more or less answer the WHAT part. WHEN seems more or less confirmed that AT LEAST BY APRIL we'll have SOMETHING...my bets are still on mid March. My bet is that Wave 4 won't include everyone and that there will be a 4.5 wave with stragglers (with much needed restock) in April-May timeframe.

Again, the previous is speculation, based on past history from Activision. I have no idea about the in game variants. They will usually appear "out of nowhere" but I do think that by May we'll see all of them. I do recall that Activision kept some for a summer release so don't rule that out.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:48:42 05/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
#14 Posted: 16:54:58 05/02/2014
I can actually confirm that Nitro Freeze Blade will be released soon-ish, around the same time as these guys.
---
#15 Posted: 17:03:49 05/02/2014
Quote: Matteomax
I can actually confirm that Nitro Freeze Blade will be released soon-ish, around the same time as these guys.

Two months is not soon-ish. Confirmation means information we can corroborate. Do you have any? Or is it a friend of a friend who works in the shipping at Activision smilie
---
#16 Posted: 17:14:25 05/02/2014 | Topic Creator

Kid youtubers believing the speculation of other kid youtubers?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#17 Posted: 17:17:45 05/02/2014
Quote: Aura24

Kid youtubers believing the speculation of other kid youtubers?

Yep, happens all the time.
---
#18 Posted: 17:18:35 05/02/2014 | Topic Creator
And they wind up disappointed and blame getting their hopes up on the one who created the speculation.
---
#19 Posted: 17:26:40 05/02/2014
Exactly.

The new packaging is just for these guys; it's a special Easter edition. The regular versions should be released eventually.
---
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#20 Posted: 18:21:49 05/02/2014
I havent even seen all of wave 3 yet. No swappers, no new level pack and no whirlwind. Still getting small shipments of wave 2. But stores have hardly gotten anything beyond that. So wave 4 better not come out any sooner.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#21 Posted: 18:31:37 05/02/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Two months is not soon-ish. Confirmation means information we can corroborate. Do you have any? Or is it a friend of a friend who works in the shipping at Activision smilie

I am sure his info is coming from Lesty, so it should be good.
#22 Posted: 18:43:02 05/02/2014
Trap shadow
doom stone
scratch
lc bumble blast
turbo jet vac

Like i said not confirmed got link from a facebook poster on either skylanders facebook or someone posted it on skylander dads facebook cant remember
#23 Posted: 20:37:47 05/02/2014
Quote: wgeorge111

I am sure his info is coming from Lesty, so it should be good.

So, the speculation has speculation? Dubious information until it's corroborated, or from a trusted source. If lesty himself comes and says it, I'll believe it.

Trap shadow
doom stone
scratch
lc bumble blast
turbo jet vac

Like i said not confirmed got link from a facebook poster on either skylanders facebook or someone posted it on skylander dads facebook cant remember

No problem, thought it was here. Lots of crazy info on the net...most of it from impressionable kids.
---
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#24 Posted: 21:06:44 05/02/2014
Ha ha...Packages shaped and decorated like eggs...Too cool. Already have regular Trigger and Legendary (the latter of which was an error during my noob days not realizing the same guy came in the starter pack)...so Springtime is out for our household. Would have been a tad cooler if they would have worked such a variant into one of the new characters...but hey, it's still a darn cool idea cuz the bomb/egg thing works perfectly. Gonna try to get Fryno and Punk Shock in the special packaging for the basket though...

Thanks for the heads up.
---
Here we go again...!
#25 Posted: 21:09:10 05/02/2014
They're sold out now.
---
#26 Posted: 21:15:57 05/02/2014
Springtime trigger happy is a in game variant so he is not the same as big bang trigger happy
#27 Posted: 22:08:23 05/02/2014
They're sold out now.

Doesn't look sold out---they've just removed the items altogether. I guess we'll find out if our orders have stuck.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:08:43 05/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
#28 Posted: 01:13:55 06/02/2014
yes earlier where it said pre order it said sold out and now they are not there at all.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#29 Posted: 03:10:35 06/02/2014
Greatsmilie I hope they are back on in 3 weeks
#30 Posted: 07:06:20 06/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Guess the devs doesn't want us to preorder, and Best Buy will likely not take the orders.
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#31 Posted: 07:41:36 06/02/2014
Yeah I must agree this is suspicious. Even if that rumor of the other wave 4 guys are in wave 4, that practically leaves only Freeze Blade and Fire Bone Hot Dog and what kind of wave 5 would that make? I say just have all the last guys just in one big wave 4 and just let it be done. Also they really don't want to make the same mistake they did on Wham Shell and Ninjini don't they?
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#32 Posted: 11:17:58 06/02/2014
Not sure I would consider Ninjini as bad as Drobot Series 2 or Lightcore Hex. I just hope the last few characters are handled better than the previous games.

Also I would expect Jade Fire Kraken to be released around March. I just can't really see the release any other time than that.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:20:50 06/02/2014 by WickedRogue
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#33 Posted: 16:23:57 06/02/2014
Whatever the case, I'm gonna get all three of them. Punk Shock is my most favorite from the Easter exclusive so far.
#34 Posted: 17:34:44 06/02/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Yeah I must agree this is suspicious. Even if that rumor of the other wave 4 guys are in wave 4, that practically leaves only Freeze Blade and Fire Bone Hot Dog and what kind of wave 5 would that make? I say just have all the last guys just in one big wave 4 and just let it be done. Also they really don't want to make the same mistake they did on Wham Shell and Ninjini don't they?

There's a total of 9 unique characters left right now, not including variants (enchanteds, jade, kickoff, etc). My guess is the waves will be in smaller to drag this out. I might just vote myself out in protest.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:35:33 06/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#35 Posted: 21:56:36 06/02/2014

And you know this how?
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#36 Posted: 23:56:31 06/02/2014
Probably from Lesty.
TheLurk Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#37 Posted: 10:02:00 07/02/2014

There's a total of 9 unique characters left right now, not including variants (enchanteds, jade, kickoff, etc). My guess is the waves will be in smaller to drag this out. I might just vote myself out in protest.

They're also likely to sell more types of 3 packs too, to flesh the waves out a bit. But ho many more of those will they do? Will they have another exclusive one-element 3 pack again? Eventually for each element, or just those that are more popular?
---
SF 13 SF, 19 reg, 5 LC, TT, FF, JBB
Got: extra Cynders, 1 Lgd Trigger Happy.
WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!! WOOHOO!!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:04:36 07/02/2014 by TheLurk
#38 Posted: 14:48:01 07/02/2014
Quote: TheLurk

They're also likely to sell more types of 3 packs too, to flesh the waves out a bit. But ho many more of those will they do? Will they have another exclusive one-element 3 pack again? Eventually for each element, or just those that are more popular?

3 packs for Swap Force are two reposes and one new character...isn't working out for them. They need to reverse that model next go around or don't bother with 3 packs.
---
#39 Posted: 14:58:26 07/02/2014
Quote: TheLurk

3 packs for Swap Force are two reposes and one new character...isn't working out for them. They need to reverse that model next go around or don't bother with 3 packs.

Don't forget that Smolderdash and Countdown got left out of the Triples, so we might see them.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#40 Posted: 15:59:53 07/02/2014

Don't forget that Smolderdash and Countdown got left out of the Triples, so we might see them.

I have a feeling future Swap Force triples will be very limited, they simply aren't working out well this time. Shelves are LOADED with them right now. And yeah, I think it is the 2 repose thing as well. Parents got wise about reposes this time, that's what I see the most of in singles and triples just aren't moving. If they don't move, they won't be restocked, similar to the lightcore fiasco last year.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#41 Posted: 19:19:07 07/02/2014
Yeah I avoid reposes as much as possible, though I do admit, while I was hesitant to get the Camo repose, his Wow Pow is much needed. So the Triple packs have been mostly 'ignored' for me. I think they were done in 'too greedy' of a way.
- :bluu:
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#42 Posted: 20:04:00 07/02/2014
This year (like GhostRoaster) is my last year of reposes. I have a feeling they will be cutting back on them further this year (1 per element). They say they have some new innovation in mind. It better be chocolate covered sunshine with sprinkles on top on the reposes if they want to sell them next year to me.
#43 Posted: 20:12:35 07/02/2014
Quote: defpally
This year (like GhostRoaster) is my last year of reposes. I have a feeling they will be cutting back on them further this year (1 per element). They say they have some new innovation in mind. It better be chocolate covered sunshine with sprinkles on top on the reposes if they want to sell them next year to me.

Or something like a $10 coupon towards any figure...lol.
---
RandomUser39 Green Sparx Gems: 131
#44 Posted: 21:20:20 07/02/2014
I think wave four will happen in March and this is just saying that there will be Easter themed boxes.
---
The most random and inconsequential user this forum has to offer.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#45 Posted: 21:36:22 07/02/2014
Quote: RandomUser39
I think wave four will happen in March and this is just saying that there will be Easter themed boxes.

That's a good theory you got there. I mean after all it doesn't make sense that they be generous enough to get new characters like this and it would make more sense if these were merely package variants and not sneak peeks. Sure Legendary Lightcore Chill did the same thing and was released in the Easter packaging before getting the regular lightcore figure, but it needed that push since lightcores were selling terribly back then. Overall I'd say you got a good idea there and who knows it may be true.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Gohdan Green Sparx Gems: 289
#46 Posted: 23:31:39 08/02/2014

Quote: eruptshake137

And you know this how?

No response? Seems suspicious... Yeah, Matteomax, how can you prove it? Just wondering.
---
"Home is a pin...humanity...cattle."
#47 Posted: 23:55:50 08/02/2014
Quote: Gohdan

And you know this how?

No response? Seems suspicious... Yeah, Matteomax, how can you prove it? Just wondering.

First off; I wouldn't lie.

Second; I don 't have an exact date, but this info was given to me by a Target employee.
---
Gohdan Green Sparx Gems: 289
#48 Posted: 00:04:47 09/02/2014
@Matteomax: Okay, thanks, I just needed to know.
---
"Home is a pin...humanity...cattle."
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#49 Posted: 01:26:21 09/02/2014

And you know this how?

Second; I don 't have an exact date, but this info was given to me by a Target employee.

Your a moderator, I would never think some thing like that. I was just wondering where you got it from.
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
KrazyBoomer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1025
#50 Posted: 01:44:37 09/02/2014

Your a moderator, I would never think some thing like that. I was just wondering where you got it from.

I haven't heard a single thing about Nitro Freeze Blade and I work at Target. The electronics TL is also a skylander fan and informs me of release dates and anything he hears from higher up.
---
All Wound Up!
Top 15
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me