Page 1 of 1
Legend of Spyro HD Collection Ideas [CLOSED]
Ethenite Green Sparx Gems: 200
#1 Posted: 05:15:42 26/01/2014 | Topic Creator
I was wondering how many people would like a HD collection of the Legend Of Spyro series? For me I would love it because I want to play them on my PS3 more because i hardly use my PS2 anymore...anybody agree with me on this collection?

Also I heard a rumor sony might be coming out with a Spyro (original) HD collection...hope it true!
---
In times of war, we take flight and fight!
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#2 Posted: 05:29:13 26/01/2014
Heh...nope. I'd probably get it if they made it, but it's never going to happen. LoS was a financial and critical flop for ActiVision. They're not going to bother with an HD remake. The PS3 DotD is as close as it gets.

HD iSpyro would be nice, but also probably not likely because PS1 games were coded very differently to PS2/3 games. They'd have to remake the entire trilogy from scratch to do it and for that trouble they'll probably just make more Skylanders. I'd love it if they did do this, but let's be honest here: the market for these things is not large at all and consists of a fanbase that's given this company nothing but grief over the years. They're not going to bother with it.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 05:34:35 26/01/2014
Quote: Ethenite
I was wondering how many people would like a HD collection of the Legend Of Spyro series? For me I would love it because I want to play them on my PS3 more because i hardly use my PS2 anymore...anybody agree with me on this collection?

Also I heard a rumor sony might be coming out with a Spyro (original) HD collection...hope it true!

The rumor was likely created by desperate classic fans.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#4 Posted: 14:12:50 26/01/2014
Doesn't Sony Computer Entertainment own the publishing rights to the original games anyway? That's why they're only on the PlayStation Network. They were the publisher back then, not Universal. <.<;

Besides, all of that's unlikely. ActiBlizz is giving Skylanders the Call of Duty treatment: a release every year, achieved by having 2 development teams (Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob) working simultaneously on different games. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#5 Posted: 16:41:14 26/01/2014
I think ActiVision owns the publishing rights to all of Spyro now, it's just not worth their time/money to do anything else with the Insomniac trilogy.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#6 Posted: 17:02:06 26/01/2014
I would like to see a HD Collection of TLoS, but Activision is not going to do a thing about it, sadly...
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me