darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Best characters for not taking damage in Boss Battles?
Page 1 of 1
Best characters for not taking damage in Boss Battles? [CLOSED]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#1 Posted: 17:27:17 20/01/2014 | Topic Creator
I've done Evil Glumshans and Kaos' mom, but I'm having trouble with the Viper, Kaos and Mesmerelda. Who is best for each fight?

Edit: Thanks for all the help everyone! I was able to get the last stars with Rubble Rise!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:57:08 14/02/2014 by HeyitsHotDog
Pop Thorn Green Sparx Gems: 408
#2 Posted: 18:05:04 20/01/2014
I think Night shift, Magna Charge, or Ghost Roaster would be good choices.

EDIT: Spy Rise would be the best though.
---
I am probably forgotten by now, but bye.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:18:02 21/01/2014 by Pop Thorn
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3 Posted: 18:05:29 20/01/2014
Spy Rise, definitely.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
pyro16 Green Sparx Gems: 260
#4 Posted: 22:40:42 20/01/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Spy Rise, definitely.

Taking no damage on some of these bosses was super hard. I managed it using Spy Rise's crawling on the ceiling a lot to avoid things like the moving mines in the serpents peak fight.

Also on the musical fight I recommend sticking to one of the corners in between whaling on the boss because you'll be less surrounded by mines and spinning blades coming at you. It gets overwhelming easily in the final act of that fight!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#5 Posted: 23:21:36 20/01/2014 | Topic Creator
How long does Spy Rise "Spider Climb" last until he comes back down?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#6 Posted: 00:16:44 21/01/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
How long does Spy Rise "Spider Climb" last until he comes back down?

This is just from memory but I think it allows up to five seconds or so, and of course you can stop it short and come down before time is up during a safe moment.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#7 Posted: 00:34:26 21/01/2014
I found Terrafin the best for Viper and I've gotten close to getting through Mesmeralda with Shroomboom. I found Shroomboom better for Mesmeralda because he moves a bit slower and is easier to control.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#8 Posted: 02:08:26 21/01/2014
I used Spy Rise
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#9 Posted: 23:35:16 27/01/2014
The best characters while fighting Kaos' Mom and Bubba Greebs are Spy Rise, Wash Buckler's top half, and Free Ranger's bottom half. Here's the thing. By using Spyder Climb, I use Spy Rise to avoid getting a single damage from the evilized enemies and passing over gloop balls at the long hallway and evilized beams emitted by Kaos' Mom. Be sure to land somewhere a little far from attacking foes and damaging obstacles. Wash Buckler's top half can shoot bubbles to trap and attack Greebles with piranhas. Free Ranger's bottom half is capable of stopping them from using their means of defense, such as Pirate Slamspins, or spinning Greebles. That's exactly what I do to get all three stars after defeating Kaos' Mom.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#10 Posted: 02:34:27 28/01/2014
I dont have Spy Rise, but get Magna Charge, Night Shift, and Fire Kraken and swap them to make Night Kraken, Magna Shift and Fire Charge. Use Night Kraken for the first part of the kaos fight. As he can punch multiple things in a straight line. Then use Magna Shift for the next 2 stages, the extra lives are in case you die, but if you're not taking damage it doesn't matter. Then on the final stage, use Fire Charge and dash your way to the end. Remember you can jump over the lazer. That's how I managed to get the 3rd star on the final boss, and on Nightmare.
#11 Posted: 06:19:55 28/01/2014
Quote: TheShadowDragon
The best characters while fighting Kaos' Mom and Bubba Greebs are Spy Rise, Wash Buckler's top half, and Free Ranger's bottom half. Here's the thing. By using Spyder Climb, I use Spy Rise to avoid getting a single damage from the evilized enemies and passing over gloop balls at the long hallway and evilized beams emitted by Kaos' Mom. Be sure to land somewhere a little far from attacking foes and damaging obstacles. Wash Buckler's top half can shoot bubbles to trap and attack Greebles with piranhas. Free Ranger's bottom half is capable of stopping them from using their means of defense, such as Pirate Slamspins, or spinning Greebles. That's exactly what I do to get all three stars after defeating Kaos' Mom.

Huh, I've been recently appreciating Wash Buckler (love the Pirahanna bubbles) but I've never given Free Ranger much of a chance. That's really interesting his bottom half spin can stop those 'unbreakable' moves! Are there any other Skylanders who can do this?
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#12 Posted: 13:07:55 28/01/2014
Magna Bomb.
Pick up enemies while they can't see you.
At least the last one. All of them took me a while, mainly cause I couldn't avoid attacks. I finally used some-Buckler combo, then switched to Charge near the end for level 16.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:09:49 28/01/2014 by weebbby
Rooksarii Green Sparx Gems: 239
#13 Posted: 14:17:51 28/01/2014
Spy Rise is the king of not getting hit. Once you have him fully upgraded (bottom half doesn't matter which path, but top half, go with web slinging) he turns out to be one of the most versatile of all the skylanders so far.

Great points brought up by all though, Free Ranger's bottom half dash can break shielded enemies, as can magna carge's. Wash buckler was my go to guy for nightmare playthroughs since he can crowd control most regular enemies with his bubbles. I'd put slobbertooh in a second place position for this, and he is really great for areas where you can throw guys over the edge of the map.

I 3 starred nightmare before I had spy rise, and I think I just went with regular magna charge, for speed and rapid fire.

One great combo that works for keeping attacks on enemies but lets you move around is Rattle Drilla. With this, you have 3 turrets you can lay down (2 set where you stand and one can be thrown at a target). It helps to let you focus on avoiding danger than having to face a target and possibly miss something coming at you.
tvih Green Sparx Gems: 425
#14 Posted: 11:23:56 30/01/2014
Quote: pyro16
That's really interesting his bottom half spin can stop those 'unbreakable' moves! Are there any other Skylanders who can do this?

Supposedly Drill Sergeant's Megadozer path can bulldoze through some enemy defenses. I have that path on my S1 DS, but I've never remembered to test it as I don't use him that much.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#15 Posted: 11:57:08 30/01/2014
Rattle Rise. Toss 'turret' and climb up.
- Unreall
spitfirefox Green Sparx Gems: 326
#16 Posted: 17:53:36 14/02/2014
My formula for success on Kaos' Mom:

First area: Spy Rise. Avoid and attack when safe. Take your time. Take out the birds first whenever possible.
Second area: Spy Rise. There's a pattern here, it might take a few tries but you can do it! Watch out for those evil owls.
Hallway of globs: Spy Rise. Walk through all the sideways globs (zig and zag with the direction of the globs) then quick go up and skim past the two at the end that fire straight at you.
Bubba Greebs: Wash Charge. This is easy if you follow the pattern. He always throws guys down in a zigzag starting with the top right. You're fast enough to shoot them with bubbles as they appear before they can even attack. One bubble each on easy will take care of them. Then just avoid the bombs and give Bubba the smack down.
Final laser with Mom: Roller Brawl because she's small, fast and can easily avoid the beam while waiting for the mirror to drop down. I got hit with that laser right at the end several times and found it very frustrating.

Formula for my success on Kaos:

Toes: I used Camo but anyone would probably work.
Teeth: Camo. The only tricky guy here was the gear golem that shoots tires. Get all the way to one side in front, then run to the other when he hunkers down and prepares to fire. You have enough time to fire off some firecracker vines and pick him off easy. You can also fire off some vines as they're coming into the area and get some early damage.
Brain: Wash Charge. Again the piranha bubbles served me well, and the speed/enemy pickup with Charge's wheel is great.
Brain-sheep: I switched to Wind-Up for this since he has a great spin attack. I actually don't know if they sheep can damage you.
Final super laser: Spy Rise. Walk forward, and when Kaos starts the laser, go up and over. Easy. I couldn't go over chasms in this mode, though, so manually jump over those if you have trouble.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#17 Posted: 18:28:16 14/02/2014
Cool tips, thanks. Could you explain the "up and over" comment with the lasers at the end of Kaos? I'm finding you can jump over the lasers...are you suggesting that you do both at the same time to avoid damage?

I still haven't 3 starred either.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:28:33 14/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
spitfirefox Green Sparx Gems: 326
#18 Posted: 18:48:12 14/02/2014
"Up and over" - I meant use Spy Rise's ability to climb on the ceiling or wherever he goes when he goes "up" off the screen. Then move your cursor-thingy past the laser and come back down. If you don't use Spy Rise, you can backtrack while Kaos's laser is out. It's a slow process that way, but you do make progress. I haven't tried jumping over the laser.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#19 Posted: 19:36:38 14/02/2014
Trying to escape Kaos' laser isn't a recommended practice imo. I tried that once and I literally just went back and forth not making any progress. You ultimately have to deal with the lasers, as Dr Evil would say. And with the slower landers you will get hit.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:37:13 14/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
tvih Green Sparx Gems: 425
#20 Posted: 20:31:02 14/02/2014
I snagged the third star on Viper with Roller Brawl. I like RB in general, as she's fast yet very agile (as compared to things that fly for example, bar Cynder who turns very well in SSF). Actually the biggest problem was the camera angle making me hit the fireball things when it seemed I wasn't even near them, but eventually I got my pathing right to get past that problem mostly. Also had some weirdness with avoiding Viper's second breath attack for some reason, graphically didn't get even nearly hit but yet too damage, required some weird positioning to avoid that.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#21 Posted: 20:36:49 14/02/2014
For Kaos, I use Terrafin to go under ground during his laser. I was able to dodge everything else with Flameslinger.
---
bye
#22 Posted: 23:59:54 14/02/2014
Quote: newkill
For Kaos, I use Terrafin to go under ground during his laser. I was able to dodge everything else with Flameslinger.

Nice! I wonder if teleport skills will go through as well. It's cool that various Skylanders are able to evade it in different ways.
chi_madnes Red Sparx Gems: 89
#23 Posted: 16:56:53 17/02/2014
I use pop thorn once I got his soul gem ability. He is really fast when he is deflated, and can dish out a lot of damage while on the move.
Serenade Green Sparx Gems: 201
#24 Posted: 17:51:21 17/02/2014
Quote: pyro16
Quote: newkill

Nice! I wonder if teleport skills will go through as well. It's cool that various Skylanders are able to evade it in different ways.

Yes they do
I'm pretty comfortable with Hoot Loop's bottom to get the third star during boss battles
It requires some practice and timing, but being aimable and invincible during the teleport it can be used to escape a lot of sure-damage situations. For example, i once were trapped in the last phase of Mesmeralda's battle betweetn the marionette, a bomb and the spinning blade that was coming towards me, no way to jump out or dodge. A timed teleport allowed me to escape everything and complete my third star
MAgna Loop, Grilla Loop and Rattle Loop work pretty well
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me