darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Anyone ever solve the Wii U collection glitch???
Page 1 of 1
Anyone ever solve the Wii U collection glitch??? [CLOSED]
wombatandchips Green Sparx Gems: 388
#1 Posted: 20:14:36 31/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Title says it all. Not happy right now. I tried the play another level thing, no dice. I lost like 10 levels.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:21:38 31/12/2013 by wombatandchips
#2 Posted: 21:58:44 31/12/2013 | Topic Creator
And I guess my other question is how many stars is it possible to earn in this game? How difficult is it to get to level 80 without any collection accolades?
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 22:05:43 31/12/2013
Well there are loads of extra starts still left after level 80 so...
---
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#4 Posted: 23:35:05 31/12/2013
I suffered the glitch, and I made it to Rank 80. There are the Level Stars, the Team and Solo Survivals, Time Attack and Score Mode. There are also Swap Zone Challenges. If you haven't done any of this, please consider doing this just so you can reach Rank 80.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#5 Posted: 00:06:48 01/01/2014
I thought someone said this problem was fixed by playing a level afterwards and it corrects the total amount?
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 02:45:17 01/01/2014
Quote: wombatandchips
Title says it all. Not happy right now. I tried the play another level thing, no dice. I lost like 10 levels.

Glitch? Sorry I can't read minds. Spell out the problem. Losing levels? Nope I've never lost levels.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#7 Posted: 04:21:08 01/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster

Glitch? Sorry I can't read minds. Spell out the problem. Losing levels? Nope I've never lost levels.

Sorry, I thought the collection glitch on the Wii U was fairly common knowledge by this point. No one seems to have figured out what triggers it or found a reliable way to fix it. Randomly all your collection accolades disappear even though your Skylanders still show up in your collection. Since I have nearly all the Skylanders and had already gone through and put all the swapper combinations in it lost me quite a few stars. I was at level 27 and got knocked down to 17. There have been a few topics for it already, but they kinda died and I guess I was hoping there had been some recent developments.

Quote: WickedRogue
I thought someone said this problem was fixed by playing a level afterwards and it corrects the total amount?

Tried that. Didn't fix it. I think someone did have this work, but not me unfortunately.

Quote: zookinator
I suffered the glitch, and I made it to Rank 80. There are the Level Stars, the Team and Solo Survivals, Time Attack and Score Mode. There are also Swap Zone Challenges. If you haven't done any of this, please consider doing this just so you can reach Rank 80.

Yeah, thank you, I think I'll just continue on and get the stars back other ways. I've seen that other people restarted only to have it happen again. Don't want to deal with that. I know some people have been backing up their save file every time they play and I guess I wish I had. But now that it already happened I guess I'll live with it. At least I still seem to have the stat bonuses you get from the collection.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#8 Posted: 04:32:11 01/01/2014
I have yet to get it, but I don't wanna jinx myself.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Dreamvolt Green Sparx Gems: 144
#9 Posted: 07:15:19 01/01/2014
I never figured out a fix, but I did figure out the cause. It's the swapers, specifically that swap combo grid. Every new combo you add to it can mess up your save. It seems sort of random too, though it might be you just have to give the game plenty of time to save in-between new combos. Once I hit the full grid (for those I have) I haven't had any problems.

Unfortunately as far as I know it literally corrupts your save so you need a new one if you want your collection to count. I back up my save on a flash drive regularly now.
#10 Posted: 12:30:36 01/01/2014
Quote: Dreamvolt
I never figured out a fix, but I did figure out the cause. It's the swapers, specifically that swap combo grid. Every new combo you add to it can mess up your save. It seems sort of random too, though it might be you just have to give the game plenty of time to save in-between new combos. Once I hit the full grid (for those I have) I haven't had any problems.

Unfortunately as far as I know it literally corrupts your save so you need a new one if you want your collection to count. I back up my save on a flash drive regularly now.

So really if anything just add all of them before you do anything in the game now? That seems like a work around that a lot could benefit from.
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#11 Posted: 12:57:44 01/01/2014
Perhaps we can test that theory if someone goes through the game without using any SF characters and seeing wether this happens. If the glitch still happens without creating any SWAP combos then we know that theory isn't it.
#12 Posted: 15:45:10 01/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Arc of Archives
Perhaps we can test that theory if someone goes through the game without using any SF characters and seeing wether this happens. If the glitch still happens without creating any SWAP combos then we know that theory isn't it.

Or rather, wait till all the swappers are out. Then start a brand new save by going through and adding all the combos in the very beginning. Nothing to loose at that point if it messes up. Then play as normal. If adding new combos is the problem and you add them all in the beginning then it can't happen later (if this theory is correct). I did play with some new combos when this happened.
#13 Posted: 17:40:35 01/01/2014
But testing my way would be faster, we probably aren't seeing Doom Stone for months ;P
#14 Posted: 21:30:22 01/01/2014

Sorry, I thought the collection glitch on the Wii U was fairly common knowledge by this point. No one seems to have figured out what triggers it or found a reliable way to fix it. Randomly all your collection accolades disappear even though your Skylanders still show up in your collection. Since I have nearly all the Skylanders and had already gone through and put all the swapper combinations in it lost me quite a few stars. I was at level 27 and got knocked down to 17. There have been a few topics for it already, but they kinda died and I guess I was hoping there had been some recent developments.

Have you tried deleting your local Wii U install file, and have it install it again and see if the accolades re-appear? They had me do this on my PS3 version when there were problems. I doubt this is the problem, just relating to you what they had me do. (My problem was something unrelated).
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#15 Posted: 04:54:40 03/01/2014 | Topic Creator
I haven't tried that. Maybe I'll look into it.

Interestingly, I got a few new collection accolades after this happened....and now it's happened again and they're gone too. They were all from adding new swap combos, so I guess this boosts Dreamvolt's theory.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:55:06 03/01/2014 by wombatandchips
#16 Posted: 10:20:30 03/01/2014
Well Swap Combos appear the moment someone uses a Swap Force character, Ownership isn't required for that to happen.
---
#17 Posted: 13:58:10 03/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: WickedRogue
Well Swap Combos appear the moment someone uses a Swap Force character, Ownership isn't required for that to happen.

Not sure what your getting at. With the glitch it still shows that you own the figures and they show up in your collection. Just the accolades are gone. I had already used the 3 newest swappers, but I hadn't used all the possible combos so I went through and put each combo I hadn't used yet on the portal to get a few stars. I got enough to go up a portal master rank, but the next time I played, the rank was back down and those stars were gone.
#18 Posted: 17:10:56 03/01/2014
Quote: Dreamvolt

Good to know. I've heard about this saving time problem too. When I did mine...I left it on the portal for at least 30 seconds...I used it to basically try out the combos etc. Support has said to me as well that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should a figure be removed while the circular animation loop is in the upper left corner.

I'm up to 169 and I haven't had any problems. If people are in a mad dash to try them out they should take their sweet time between using the figure and removing it. Again, I'm using the 30 sec to 1 minute as my benchmark. I'm on the PS3.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:12:20 03/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
temperedreason Yellow Sparx Gems: 1351
#19 Posted: 23:50:46 01/02/2014
A user in the Skylanders Community appears to have duplicated this bug under entirely different circumstances. This is easy to test too. He claims that the issue is related to the Gamepad Play On/Off option being toggled BEFORE you start your save file.

http://community.activision.co...23#.Uu2ICnkRY_s
#20 Posted: 08:53:17 02/02/2014
Quote: temperedreason
A user in the Skylanders Community appears to have duplicated this bug under entirely different circumstances. This is easy to test too. He claims that the issue is related to the Gamepad Play On/Off option being toggled BEFORE you start your save file.

http://community.activision.co...23#.Uu2ICnkRY_s

If anything that makes more sense as to why it is happening. It has to do with the game not understanding that Swap Force Figures are being added. (This being the first game to own figures beyond Ownership.) It resets the count when you run into Eon. This might be why it's happening on the Wii U and not the other versions.
---
#21 Posted: 09:30:53 02/02/2014
So we need to try this: go through the game without using a single SWAP Force Skylander and never adjusting any settings from the menu.

Not using SWAP Force/avoiding adjusing settings from the main menu and getting no corruptions doesn't nessicarily prove that they're causing it, but if we go through the game without using them and a bunch of us find that the game doesn't erase any of the Collection accolades with the saves it can help us reach a better conclusion.

The way the Wii/U versions have these weird issues in this game peeves me off. I like Nintendo-exclusive games, and while I like playing other platforms for the games the Nintendo consoles don't get, the Wii U is really my main console for the exclusives and I like playing as many games as possible on one platform... I haven't touched the Wii U version of SF yet because I've heard of all these collection issues with it, though! :/ But hey, it could have been worse... I guess I'll just use the PS4 as my main Skylanders platform once I get one of those instead, but it's still worrying to me. Will they be doing this next game too?
#22 Posted: 02:39:25 03/02/2014
Kinda funny they would have problems with Wii U...they DO KNOW that a ton of their current Wii purchasers are looking for another platform.
---
#23 Posted: 05:00:01 03/02/2014
Kinda funny they would have problems with Wii U...they DO KNOW that a ton of their current Wii purchasers are looking for another platform.

What's to say this is Nintendo's fault?
---
#24 Posted: 06:16:30 23/07/2014
Did anyone see if this glitch is still around since all the Swap Force Swappers have been released?
---
#25 Posted: 00:11:39 27/01/2015
Bump. Anyone know more about this now? I'm going to start the Wii U version very soon, which is why I ask. I'll test stuff with the SWAP combo grid once I begin. It's annoying that I won't get Eon to check Accolades for several chapters.

It's easy to reach Rank 80 missing a couple of Collection Accolades, but having them permanently impossible would really annoy me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:13:36 27/01/2015 by Arc of Archives
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me