Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose Kid Icarus Topic!
First | Previous | Page 10 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
All-Purpose Kid Icarus Topic! [CLOSED]
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#451 Posted: 01:30:42 16/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
should i get uprising?

Absolutely!
The characters stand out in their own ways and are very notable, the gameplay is smooth and simple, the story is unique, and although people complain about the controls, they can easily be adjusted. :3 I'd definitely recommend this to anyone!
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#452 Posted: 02:52:53 16/01/2015
I agree with ShadowMewX. In fact, that game was the reason I got a 3DS in the first place. The only thing you should know about the game is that the controls are indeed hard to get use to, and the dialogue of the characters can really distract you from the main gameplay, but other than that, it's a must have smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#453 Posted: 03:15:24 16/01/2015
Still can't find Uprising anywhere! 3:
---
My life is complete.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#454 Posted: 03:54:24 16/01/2015
The only problem I had with KI were the controls and voice acting. But you get use to them after awhile.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#455 Posted: 04:14:39 16/01/2015
Quote: MagicFizz
Still can't find Uprising anywhere! 3:

It's become one of the rarer 3DS games physically. If you really want to, i'd suggest the eShop, but I've seen many targets that still have this game, so try your luck there.
---
words. letters. filler.
#456 Posted: 04:20:37 16/01/2015
It's still common where I live, used of course. Then again, my country is very small, so that's probably the reason.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#457 Posted: 13:39:34 19/01/2015
OK, I'm back! Thought I was subscribed to the topic turns out I wasn't.

OK, so here's my main gripe with the game. Dark Pit. I like him, but feel like he should have sacrificed his life like what Medusa did.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:03:16 19/01/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
#458 Posted: 22:57:49 19/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
OK, I'm back! Thought I was subscribed to the topic turns out I wasn't.

OK, so here's my main gripe with the game. Dark Pit. I like him, but feel like he should have sacrificed his life like what Medusa did.

Spoilers, bruh! :3

Buut...he and Pit are connected! If Dark Pit sacrificed himself, then Pit would also die. :'c
---
#459 Posted: 23:02:54 19/01/2015
Sorry, I'll fix it!

Are we sure they'e THAT connected? I don't remember them saying that in-game.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#460 Posted: 23:18:47 19/01/2015 | Topic Creator
No problem!
You're right- there's no spot in the game where it's set-in-stone proof that one can't survive without the other. However, there are in-game hints implying they are connected in a major way! One is during the Chaos Kin arc, where Pit is trapped in a ring for three years. In that time, Dark Pit was in a coma-like state and some information is revealed about their connection, according to this bit of dialogue during Chapter 21:
"While you were a ring? I was less than nothing. Unconscious. Un-MYSELF. We're connected. No you, no me. Two sides of the same coin."
---
#461 Posted: 23:26:53 19/01/2015
Sigh. I guess it is true then.

Either way fantastic game! I love how Pit reacts to Twinbellows the second time around. He wants a dog so bad.
---
#462 Posted: 00:13:39 20/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Oh, I love that bit! smilie Pit sure loves some Nintendogs! If I ever get a Nintendogs game, I totally want a dog named Twinbellows.
---
#463 Posted: 00:43:39 20/01/2015
I just replayed Scorched Feathers and while Pit as knocked out and near death, Pitto was just fine. So perhaps if one dies, the other still lives?
---
#464 Posted: 00:56:49 20/01/2015 | Topic Creator
As I was typing my paragraph up, I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps Pit's state hasn't quite caught up with Dark Pit yet..?
---
#465 Posted: 01:08:33 20/01/2015
Still kinda hope not....

Think we'll get a sequel?
---
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#466 Posted: 01:12:12 20/01/2015
Sometime in the next 25 years!
---
henlo
#467 Posted: 01:16:04 20/01/2015
Hopefully we'll have more playable characters like Magnus, Gaol, Phosphora, maybe Arlon and Cragalanche, since Viridi a friend now?
---
#468 Posted: 02:06:45 20/01/2015
The game finished beautifully, so if they do make a sequel, they better come up with something good. If there is a sequel, let's hope we don't need to wait twenty five years more like Hades said smilie
---
#469 Posted: 02:10:36 20/01/2015
Does anyone know how to turn off the Reticle? I'd love to try and play with out it.
---
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#470 Posted: 03:03:46 20/01/2015
Hopefully we'll have more playable characters like Magnus, Gaol, Phosphora, maybe Arlon and Cragalanche, since Viridi a friend now?

I wouldn't exactly call Viridi a friend, this is what she has to say in Smash Bros.

I'm fairly sure this is canon, as I think Sakurai wrote it himself.
#471 Posted: 03:13:23 20/01/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion

I wouldn't exactly call Viridi a friend, this is what she has to say in Smash Bros.

I'm fairly sure this is canon, as I think Sakurai wrote it himself.

I never mean't buddy buddy friends but more like allies.

Still not entirely sure. Viridi showed great care for Pit and Palutena later on in the story. Who knows.

Again is there anyway to turn off the reticle?
---
#472 Posted: 03:17:15 21/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I love the Palutena's Guidance. It sounds really strange to me that Dark Pit works for Viridi, but I like to pretend he's a part time officer and doesn't work for her 24/7. smilie

And I'm mixed about a sequel! I'd love anything Kid Icarus-related thrown out there, but it'd have to be super amazing to top Uprising. (Plusasequelwouldtotallythrowoffmyfanfictionandheadcanon)

Finally, about the reticle- have you tried exploring the controls and options, HotDog? It might be in there, if it was a feature.
---
#473 Posted: 03:35:14 21/01/2015
Quote: ShadowMewX
I love the Palutena's Guidance. It sounds really strange to me that Dark Pit works for Viridi, but I like to pretend he's a part time officer and doesn't work for her 24/7. smilie

And I'm mixed about a sequel! I'd love anything Kid Icarus-related thrown out there, but it'd have to be super amazing to top Uprising. (Plusasequelwouldtotallythrowoffmyfanfictionandheadcanon)

Finally, about the reticle- have you tried exploring the controls and options, HotDog? It might be in there, if it was a feature.

I've checked and nothing seems to get rid of it. Unfotionately. Seems like it'd a feature too.
---
#474 Posted: 04:10:06 21/01/2015
That is one interesting video. I absolutely adored how they used the very same voice actors. Man, it really looks like it's not over. Hades is defeated, but Viridi doesn't seemed to have changed her ways after all. I'm not exactly good at ideas, but if there is a sequel to Uprising, I wish the story, or at least part of it, is for Pit and Palutena to try and change Viridi's perspective on humans.
---
#475 Posted: 17:05:00 21/01/2015 | Topic Creator
@HotDog That's a shame. Sorry you couldn't get it!

@Felines You should look at all the Palutena's Guidance! There are some really funny ones, like Peach's and Charzard's. Viridi even has a crush on Link, apparently. smilie
I know they kept Pit/Dark Pit's voice actor (Antony Del Rio), but I'm pretty sure Palutena and Viridi's were changed! They still sound good, though.

That'd be an interesting game. I'm sure there would be some very good life lessons, too. smilie I kinda wanna see some spinoffs on the characters- for Dark Pit, perhaps a peek into his adventures whenever he goes missing in the game? Like, where was he during the Aurum invasion?
I could see one for Magnus, too.
---
#476 Posted: 17:22:33 21/01/2015
Wow, did the voice actresses really changed? Cause if they did, the substitutes are doing an excellent job imitating the original voices. And is that true about Viridi? In what version of the game says that? smilie

Anyway, after Uprising, it seems like there are almost endless possibilities for different stories. The series could expand if the wanted to. It has the chance of so many things. I hope Nintendo considers it. They have already created too many games of the same franchise, especially Mario. They have other series they can revive like they did with Kid Icarus. If it wasn't for Uprising, I probably would have never learned about the series.
---
#477 Posted: 18:22:03 21/01/2015
@HotDog That's a shame. Sorry you couldn't get it!

@Felines You should look at all the Palutena's Guidance! There are some really funny ones, like Peach's and Charzard's. Viridi even has a crush on Link, apparently. smilie
I know they kept Pit/Dark Pit's voice actor (Antony Del Rio), but I'm pretty sure Palutena and Viridi's were changed! They still sound good, though.

That'd be an interesting game. I'm sure there would be some very good life lessons, too. smilie I kinda wanna see some spinoffs on the characters- for Dark Pit, perhaps a peek into his adventures whenever he goes missing in the game? Like, where was he during the Aurum invasion?
I could see one for Magnus, too.

Viridi's voice actor is the same one from KIU. Palutena's is different though.
---
#478 Posted: 18:31:17 21/01/2015
I checked Viridi's voice actress as well. She is indeed the same. The only one that changed was Palutena, but either way, her voice does sound almost exactly like the original.
---
#479 Posted: 18:33:27 21/01/2015
Any good headcanons you guys got?
---
#480 Posted: 00:18:09 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Oh yeah, you guys are right. Viridi's is the same. smilie Oops!
Also, Felines, it's during Link's Palutena's Guidance that she lets her crush slip. :3
I agree! If not a full-blown sequel, I wish Sakurai would consider a spin-off or two. D:

@HotDog Um, sure! My personal headcanon on why there are no angels + why Pit is flightless:
There used to be angels, a long time ago, because gods had the ability to give fallen human souls another chance, reviving them into angels. However, due to a war between the humans and gods (where humans thought gods had too much control over their lives), the gods were forced to put a restriction on how many angels could be created, as angels could serve as servants as well as soldiers. The restriction was a curse- now, if a god tried to create a large number of angels, there was a chance that harm would come to them. This was to ensure that no god would try to use angels for malignant purposes, like war with humans again. Soon, angels impractical to use anyway due to new armies that gods were creating, like Viridi's Forces of Nature and Hades' Underworld Army.
Since Palutena's current angels were still around, when she tried to save the human Icarus out of pity, it resulted in his angel (Pit)'s stunted wings due to the curse. When Medusa rose to power, all the rest of Palutena's angels were killed, only leaving Pit.
---
#481 Posted: 00:34:52 22/01/2015
Oh yeah, you guys are right. Viridi's is the same. smilie Oops!
Also, Felines, it's during Link's Palutena's Guidance that she lets her crush slip. :3
I agree! If not a full-blown sequel, I wish Sakurai would consider a spin-off or two. D:

@HotDog Um, sure! My personal headcanon on why there are no angels + why Pit is flightless:
There used to be angels, a long time ago, because gods had the ability to give fallen human souls another chance, reviving them into angels. However, due to a war between the humans and gods (where humans thought gods had too much control over their lives), the gods were forced to put a restriction on how many angels could be created, as angels could serve as servants as well as soldiers. The restriction was a curse- now, if a god tried to create a large number of angels, there was a chance that harm would come to them. This was to ensure that no god would try to use angels for malignant purposes, like war with humans again. Soon, angels impractical to use anyway due to new armies that gods were creating, like Viridi's Forces of Nature and Hades' Underworld Army.
Since Palutena's current angels were still around, when she tried to save the human Icarus out of pity, it resulted in his angel (Pit)'s stunted wings due to the curse. When Medusa rose to power, all the rest of Palutena's angels were killed, only leaving Pit.

That's a good one. A bit dark though. I just picture Pit's flightlessness a disability.

Magnus, after a while, asks if he can become an angel and live in Sky World(Minus the wings) so he won't die.

Phosphora is the daughter of Thor and The Chariot Master was a close ally of Thor.

Pit is 17 years old biologically but over 30 years on chronologically. Same with Phosphora being 17 but 25 chronologically.

Pit adopts the dog from The Ring of Chaos.

The Skyscraper Club plays it's own party music.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:03:46 22/01/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
#482 Posted: 00:38:54 22/01/2015
Those are very good plots. See what I mean? The game has many possible stories to include in a sequel. The universe and characters are so vast, practically anything can happen. It could turn into quite the successful franchise if Nintendo wanted to...
AndShadowMewX, I checked that specific guide, and it was hilarious! She even tries to deny it, but she's unsuccessful smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:42:10 22/01/2015 by Felines
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#483 Posted: 01:33:38 22/01/2015
I best the origanal game on Virtual Console. It was fun and cute. :3
#484 Posted: 01:42:02 22/01/2015
That reminds me, we need to spend the Club Nintendo coins as much as we can. It's being closed! I hope they put the original Kid Icarus for download. I remember there was Of Myth and Monsters, but I never purchased it smilie
---
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#485 Posted: 01:48:15 22/01/2015
Can someone but the video with all of the guidences in ssb please?
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#486 Posted: 21:46:15 22/01/2015
I would love a Magnus spinoff, he's the perfect character for it.

I can kinda see Dark Pit working with Viridi, but the thing I'm worried about is that she has the Lightning Chariot, that's scary. Here's the rest of the Guidances if anyone wants them.

IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#487 Posted: 23:26:59 03/02/2015
*walks in*

*walks out*

if this was posted already im gonna scream
#488 Posted: 00:24:29 04/02/2015
Wow LunarDistortion! Thank you for posting that video. I saw every minute of it! LOL, it was certainly a welcoming return that whole conversation between the Kid Icarus characters. I laughed so hard on how hyped everybody was when Mega Man appeared. And Pit jealous of the two Links! And man, they even brought out the confusion of Link is Zelda and brought a few more examples of that. So awesome! smilie
---
#489 Posted: 21:34:58 04/02/2015
Prototype KIU land and Air battles when KIU was going to be on Wii.

---
#490 Posted: 00:11:32 05/02/2015 | Topic Creator
@HeyItsHotDog Won't deny that it's a bit dark, but there are a couple of dark parts in Kid Icarus, soo... X3
Hm, now I'm looking at your headcanons! Those are interesting. Another headcanon of mine is that Magnus dies sometime after Uprising and is revived as an angel, so that kinda ties into your first one. XP
Also, that demo just blew my mind. I was pretty amused by how the same model was used throughout the air level, but when it got to the ground...whoa. The ground level, despite being unfinished, was amazing. Also, was Pit using a Dark Pit Staff? :0

@Felines Thanks! ^.^ And yes, there is so much in this game that could be elaborated but...ah well.
(Aren't those dialogues great? smilie)

@somePerson Congrats! I haven't beaten the older games yet, despite having them, but I plan to. smilie

@Lunar Now that I think of it, a Magnus spinoff would be an interesting take. After all, we only see the Kid Icarus world from the perspective of divine, omniscient beings rather than the mortals they govern...

@Isis That hasn't been posted here, but I love that video to death. smilie
---
#491 Posted: 00:17:30 05/02/2015
@HeyItsHotDog Won't deny that it's a bit dark, but there are a couple of dark parts in Kid Icarus, soo... X3
Hm, now I'm looking at your headcanons! Those are interesting. Another headcanon of mine is that Magnus dies sometime after Uprising and is revived as an angel, so that kinda ties into your first one. XP
Also, that demo just blew my mind. I was pretty amused by how the same model was used throughout the air level, but when it got to the ground...whoa. The ground level, despite being unfinished, was amazing. Also, was Pit using a Dark Pit Staff? :0

@Felines Thanks! ^.^ And yes, there is so much in this game that could be elaborated but...ah well.

@somePerson Congrats! I haven't beaten the older games yet, despite having them, but I plan to. smilie

@Lunar Now that I think of it, a Magnus spinoff would be an interesting take. After all, we only see the Kid Icarus world from the perspective of divine, omniscient beings rather than the mortals they govern...

@Isis That hasn't been posted here, but I love that video to death. smilie

Magnus and Pit seemed like they'd be best friends, despite Magnus' slight annoyance of Pit.

Imagine if Magnus started living in Sky World and was introduced to video games, computers and stuff that Sky World has that the human world doesn't! Magnus going nuts for Donkey Kong.
---
#492 Posted: 01:33:14 05/02/2015

Indeed they are! I think that's what makes Uprising such an epic game. I remember that I sometimes stopped playing just so that I could hear the entire conversations. To think that in some levels, the dialogue is actually different depending on what weapon you are using. That made me love the game even more! Now that's going the extra mile! smilie smilie
---
#493 Posted: 23:37:03 06/02/2015 | Topic Creator
@HotDog Yeah, they make a good duo. (Kinda like Germany and Italy from Hetalia...) I think Magnus and Dark Pit would be awesome pals, though.
OmP Magnus would totally love Donkey Kong. smilie

@Felines I love that so much! And not only do Palutena and Pit have individual dialogues for each weapon (I think there's 2 per weapon!), but also Viridi!
---
#494 Posted: 00:34:49 07/02/2015
Yeah, Viridi too. She was awesome! She was my favorite character, even if she did tried to kill Pit on several occasions. That reminds me, Uprising should have a sequel. Remember that at the ending, she still despises human, so she may reattempt her plot once more.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:07:17 07/02/2015 by Felines
#495 Posted: 00:39:46 07/02/2015
Phosphora and Pit make the cutest couple.
---
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#496 Posted: 00:42:53 07/02/2015
Does anybody know how many blocks Uprising uses up if you download it? I want to get it through Club Nintendo, but my SD Card sucks. ;-;
---
My life is complete.
#497 Posted: 01:08:24 07/02/2015
Well, you should delete whatever you think it's useless in your SD card.

LOL, that's a strange shipping smilie
---
#498 Posted: 01:10:20 07/02/2015
Quote: Felines

How? They're both young and the same age.
---
#499 Posted: 02:43:44 07/02/2015
I think that Pyrrhon and Dyntos don't get enough praise, they're some of my favorite characters in Uprising despite having fairly small roles in the story.

Phosphora even flirted with Pit a little bit in "Lightning Battle", to the point where Palutena had to remind Pit that she was the enemy.
#500 Posted: 02:55:16 07/02/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
I think that Pyrrhon and Dyntos don't get enough praise, they're some of my favorite characters in Uprising despite having fairly small roles in the story.

Phosphora even flirted with Pit a little bit in "Lightning Battle", to the point where Palutena had to remind Pit that she was the enemy.

THIS!

BTW Pyrrhon and Dyntos are awesome! I want to see more of in a sequel!
---
First | Previous | Page 10 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me