Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose Kid Icarus Topic!
First | Previous | Page 9 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
All-Purpose Kid Icarus Topic! [CLOSED]
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#401 Posted: 10:49:33 24/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Ah, that's neat! I bought Of Myths and Monsters (haven't finished it yet) and the original for the Wii U. I agree that the older ones are definitely challenging!
Actually, this article tells why they're so difficult (the first one at least). It's kind of sad...

I bought Uprising almost two years ago. I wanted to buy it earlier, but I was using my money for Skylanders back then! I wasn't expecting the dialogue either, but it's a brilliant touch, considering how many Nintendo games have silent protagonists- heck, even the originals had a silent Pit! I agree with you with the voices dialogue. No other game I've played has pulled it off as brilliantly. smilie And I laughed...and still laugh...a lot!
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#402 Posted: 16:24:25 24/10/2014
Of Myths and Monsters is the only game I haven't played. It seems a little too different from the usual plot. Haven't researched it about it too much though. If it looks good, and if you recommend it, I shall try it smilie

But about Uprising, the dialogue I think was the best thing about the game. And you're right. Nintendo went a long way breaking the silent protagonist tradition, and I love it even more for it. And the lines, hilarious. If you need to laugh, you just play this game smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#403 Posted: 18:55:22 24/10/2014 | Topic Creator
The gameplay mechanics, honestly, are similar! It's just the main boss that's different. You still have to go through fortresses, still have to fight three bosses to gain access to the Three Treasures, still have to do the platforming, still have to rage about Eggplant Wizards... smilie

I know, right? ^.^ I beat the game a long time ago, and now I purposely prolog levels to see what dialogue I can trigger! I know for a fact that different weapons yield different dialogues...have you experimented much?
---
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#404 Posted: 19:16:26 24/10/2014
I want to note that the new Smash Bros Wii U Direct just announced that Pit, Palutena, and Viridi will have codecs for all of the characters, with other characters appearing in them like Chrom from Fire Emblem.

I'm also sure some likely guest appearances of Doc Louis from Punch Out and the Star Fox team will appear in these, so i'm pretty excited!
#405 Posted: 22:45:31 24/10/2014
Say, that's neat. I like how with each Smash Bros they keep including new characters. Say, does the game has animated cutscenes like I saw in a trailer once?

Quote: ShadowMewX
The gameplay mechanics, honestly, are similar! It's just the main boss that's different. You still have to go through fortresses, still have to fight three bosses to gain access to the Three Treasures, still have to do the platforming, still have to rage about Eggplant Wizards... smilie

I know, right? ^.^ I beat the game a long time ago, and now I purposely prolog levels to see what dialogue I can trigger! I know for a fact that different weapons yield different dialogues...have you experimented much?

Oh. So it's pretty much the same formula as the first. I see. Anyway, I think it's safe to skip that one then. The story doesn't seem that relevant to the main series anyway. Oh, I almost forgot, I saw the article you put, and wow, you can do a game yourself? Man, that must be a challenge smilie

Anyway, yeah, I did noticed that dialogues vary. You can imagine my surprise when I had a different dialogue in one of the levels I remembered well. I bet you have to play all the levels with all the weapon types to see all the dialogues. The voice actors must have had their busy time with the game smilie
---
#406 Posted: 01:06:44 25/10/2014 | Topic Creator
@Lunar I'm not embarrassed to admit that I squealed so loudly in excitement that my brother ran out of my room. That's something I've been predicting, and I'm so glad that's here! And easy to preform, too!

@Felines Yeah, I suppose you're right. I don't have an NES, so that's why OMaM was my first. smilie I find it really sad that the storyline is not acknowledged at all in Uprising. Orcos is cool.
Yeah, back then, you could do whatever! I feel bad for that guy, but honestly, it could've been way worse if Nintendo hadn't stepped in. People need to give the original more credit. X3

Yep, indeed! I heard that Sakurai wrote all the dialogue himself, though...I can barely write dialogue that amusing on my own. He's talented. X3
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#407 Posted: 01:17:14 25/10/2014
I'm playing the 3D remake cause Club Nintendo.
#408 Posted: 03:46:40 25/10/2014
Club Nintendo does come up with neat stuff from time to time. I just wish they had more variety in their gifts smilie

@Felines Yeah, I suppose you're right. I don't have an NES, so that's why OMaM was my first. smilie I find it really sad that the storyline is not acknowledged at all in Uprising. Orcos is cool.
Yeah, back then, you could do whatever! I feel bad for that guy, but honestly, it could've been way worse if Nintendo hadn't stepped in. People need to give the original more credit. X3

Yep, indeed! I heard that Sakurai wrote all the dialogue himself, though...I can barely write dialogue that amusing on my own. He's talented. X3

The dialogue was written by just one person? So the original game was done by one person, and the dialogue from the third was done by one person also. Looks like singularity runs in these games smilie
But they did a great job nonetheless. You have to had quite an imagination and time to spare to come up with games like that smilie
---
#409 Posted: 11:18:01 08/11/2014
Well this topic has become inactive all of the sudden smilie
---
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#410 Posted: 02:22:49 15/11/2014
I found out that using an Amiibo in MK8 unlocks a costume of that character for your Mii. So, I woundn't be surprised if Shadme decided to get Dark Pit, and MK8, and after unlocking her Mii, use her mii in a dark pit costume only.
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#411 Posted: 00:18:18 17/11/2014
Quote: mrdarkspyro
I found out that using an Amiibo in MK8 unlocks a costume of that character for your Mii. So, I woundn't be surprised if Shadme decided to get Dark Pit, and MK8, and after unlocking her Mii, use her mii in a dark pit costume only.

Not all SSB Amiibos will be used in MK8 smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
DrobotMewTwo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1852
#412 Posted: 20:34:35 17/11/2014
Guys,Gamexplain upload a video of all of the codecs. It is 35 minutes long!
---
" C'mon, Ortensia. Doesn't everybody deserve a second chance? "- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
#413 Posted: 20:49:42 17/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Felines
Club Nintendo does come up with neat stuff from time to time. I just wish they had more variety in their gifts smilie

The dialogue was written by just one person? So the original game was done by one person, and the dialogue from the third was done by one person also. Looks like singularity runs in these games smilie
But they did a great job nonetheless. You have to had quite an imagination and time to spare to come up with games like that smilie

smilie I agree! But the games came out so great...

Quote: mrdarkspyro

You're onto me!
X3
I really hope Dark Pit's Amiibo would work for that.

Quote: DrobotMewTwo
Guys,Gamexplain upload a video of all of the codecs. It is 35 minutes long!

:0
Looks like my biology has to wait...
---
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#414 Posted: 21:19:10 17/11/2014
Recently got Kid Icarus Uprising and really enjoying, it's one of the funniest and most charming games I've played, my favourite part are the character interactions by far. Not to say the rest of the game is bad though, far from it, it's really fun and just amazing. ;A; Prefer the flying sections though. smilie
#415 Posted: 21:23:58 17/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: TorchSheep
Recently got Kid Icarus Uprising and really enjoying, it's one of the funniest and most charming games I've played, my favourite part are the character interactions by far. Not to say the rest of the game is bad though, far from it, it's really fun and just amazing. ;A; Prefer the flying sections though. smilie

Hey, welcome to our little Kid Icarus-living fanbase! :3 I agree with everything you said, really. I've gone on large rants on the excellent dialogue! And the flying sections... yep, probably a bit easier, but I like them a bit better as well. How far in are you?
---
#416 Posted: 21:43:15 17/11/2014

Hey, welcome to our little Kid Icarus-living fanbase! :3 I agree with everything you said, really. I've gone on large rants on the excellent dialogue! And the flying sections... yep, probably a bit easier, but I like them a bit better as well. How far in are you?

Thanks for the welcome Pittoo! :U I just finished the Lightning Battle chapter, not sure how far in that is.
#417 Posted: 22:45:05 17/11/2014 | Topic Creator

Thanks for the welcome Pittoo! :U I just finished the Lightning Battle chapter, not sure how far in that is.

Oh noes! Anything but that name! X3

Ooh, that's a fun chapter. So you're in the "Ring of Chaos" arc? That's probably my favorite sub-plot of the game, to be honest. The music is beautiful, and the entire tone is a level of serious not found anywhere else (although the dialogue's still freaking hilarious).
---
#418 Posted: 22:58:49 17/11/2014
That Ring of Chaos plot really took me off-guard. Never would I have expected such a twist. So serious and dark, yet the dialogue manage to remain funny in some parts. It's no wonder Uprising was so critically acclaimed smilie
---
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#419 Posted: 01:47:30 18/11/2014
I'm at the three trials part. I haven't played for months since I got sticker star. Of course, I probably won't be playing this weekend either because SSB for Wii U is coming out. I wanted to get a Pit Amiibo with my Pre-order, but sadly, he doesn't come out until mid December for us here in the states. I'll have to settle instead for Link then.
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grimslinger91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#420 Posted: 01:57:35 18/11/2014
That Ring of Chaos plot really took me off-guard. Never would I have expected such a twist. So serious and dark, yet the dialogue manage to remain funny in some parts. It's no wonder Uprising was so critically acclaimed smilie

Ring of Chaos is my favorite chapter because you get to play as characters other than Pit.
#421 Posted: 02:47:53 18/11/2014
They don't do much, but it was certainly a nice twist. Not one, but three different characters. That was a very entertaining. I still haven't decided on my favorite chapter though. All of them are fun, but have very irritating parts, so, yeah, it's gonna be hard choosing one smilie
---
#422 Posted: 02:55:19 18/11/2014
Magnus was really fun to play as because you got to beat the **** out of Pit.

Spoilers!
#423 Posted: 03:04:32 18/11/2014
Is that the part you enjoyed the most? smilie
---
#424 Posted: 03:09:15 18/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah, it was a bit of a refresher to play as others.
Aaaand you probably know why I enjoyed Scorched Feathers, then… X3

My favorite level? Maybe The Labyrinth of Deceit.
I love puzzles, I like Pandora in this one, there were lots of funny jests, lots of hidden places and who can forget the twist at the end?
---
#425 Posted: 03:28:34 18/11/2014
Nice choice, though I must say that level got me dizzy most of the time smilie
I really enjoyed Chapter 3 and most of the Aurum Levels, and of course, Scorched Feathers was a rest from all that ground combat.
---
#426 Posted: 19:43:17 22/11/2014
Just finished Chapter 25 of Uprising, oh boy what a great game that was, debating whether it's my favourite on the 3DS, I can't decide it or Smash. :S The characters and dialogue were by far the best part of the game, Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Hades and Viridi are such a great main cast and all pull of extraordinary performances. It leaves me satyisfied yet still wanting more, guess I'll have to play the first game on the NES next, or wait 23 more years for the next game. :U
#427 Posted: 19:50:55 22/11/2014
Nice review there. Indeed, what I think gave the game so much fame was that hilarious dialogue. But be ready for the first game, it is HARD. But I suppose all NES games are like that. I never got to finish it!
---
#428 Posted: 20:04:16 22/11/2014
Thank you! ^u^ Hmm, I'll certainly give it go even if I don't intend to get very far in it, just to get a feel of the series' roots. Not really interested in the Game Boy game to be honest though. ;^~^
#429 Posted: 20:41:21 22/11/2014
Yeah, never played the second one either, but it's good if you play the first one, even if you don't get to finish it, just so to see where it all started smilie
---
#430 Posted: 21:17:46 22/11/2014
Just finished Chapter 25 of Uprising, oh boy what a great game that was, debating whether it's my favourite on the 3DS, I can't decide it or Smash. :S The characters and dialogue were by far the best part of the game, Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Hades and Viridi are such a great main cast and all pull of extraordinary performances. It leaves me satyisfied yet still wanting more, guess I'll have to play the first game on the NES next, or wait 23 more years for the next game. :U

You missed the Club Nintendo thing.
#431 Posted: 21:22:28 22/11/2014
Yeah, never played the second one either, but it's good if you play the first one, even if you don't get to finish it, just so to see where it all started smilie

Yeah exactly. smilie Have you played the game? c:

Quote: somePerson

You missed the Club Nintendo thing.

Hmm?
#432 Posted: 21:37:44 22/11/2014
Yeah, a little smilie
---
#433 Posted: 10:13:53 23/11/2014
Cool, did you enjoy it? smilie
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#434 Posted: 12:32:25 23/11/2014
Ugh, I can never find Uprising any where vnv
---
My life is complete.
#435 Posted: 14:43:58 23/11/2014
^That's strange. I's pretty accessible here.

Cool, did you enjoy it? smilie

Yeah, until I realized it was impossibly hard. Really, and I thought Adventure of Link was hard smilie
---
#436 Posted: 19:19:11 23/11/2014
Woah, it must be pretty darn hard is it's worse than Adventure of Link then, geez. :0
#437 Posted: 19:48:14 23/11/2014
I don't think it's as hard as AoL, but it's pretty darn close!
---
#438 Posted: 20:08:41 23/11/2014
Woah. :0 Not sure if I will buy it or not now, uh. XP
I started thinking a minute ago that what if the next Kid Icarus game was like Hyrule Warriors. You could play as Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Viridi, Magnus, Phosphora, and many others batteling the Underworld and other forces of evil, I'd love a game like that. ;w;
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#439 Posted: 21:56:06 23/11/2014
Quote: somePerson
Magnus was really fun to play as because you got to beat the **** out of Pit.

Spoilers!

I loved that part
---
henlo
#440 Posted: 00:55:57 24/11/2014
Woah. :0 Not sure if I will buy it or not now, uh. XP
I started thinking a minute ago that what if the next Kid Icarus game was like Hyrule Warriors. You could play as Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Viridi, Magnus, Phosphora, and many others batteling the Underworld and other forces of evil, I'd love a game like that. ;w;

That's actually a pretty good idea to have different playable characters. However, even though I haven't played Hyrule Warriors, it seems like it's too action oriented. I like a game with balanced pacing, side quests, action, and some peaceful moments.
Anyway, you were thinking of buying the original game? I used an emulator.
---
#441 Posted: 17:45:59 24/11/2014
Hmm fair enough, personal tastes and what not, personally I'd love a game like that. smilie
Yeah, I was gonna get it on the Wii U Virtual Console. c:
Spyro7850 Gold Sparx Gems: 2656
#442 Posted: 05:23:32 01/01/2015
Bump.

This place is really helpful: http://kiuarproject.tumblr.com/archive
---
#1 Roller Brawl fan
"Ness, you'll always be the best character in Smash."
-Brawl in the Family, Comic #599
#443 Posted: 05:31:41 01/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Sorry for my absence!

I've been thinking of getting Hyrule Warriors, and a Kid Icarus one would blow me away. As long as they kept churning out the awesome story lines and dialogues, I wouldn't care what direction the franchise would take. :3

I have Kid Icarus on the Wii U (downloaded), Myths and Monsters on the GBC, and Uprising on 3DS.
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#444 Posted: 06:07:45 01/01/2015
Sorry for my absence!

I've been thinking of getting Hyrule Warriors, and a Kid Icarus one would blow me away. As long as they kept churning out the awesome story lines and dialogues, I wouldn't care what direction the franchise would take. :3

I have Kid Icarus on the Wii U (downloaded), Myths and Monsters on the GBC, and Uprising on 3DS.

Eh pls. Get the 3D Classic Kid Icarus instead.
---
words. letters. filler.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#445 Posted: 17:30:04 06/01/2015
Best game on 3DS hands down. So, what do we do on here?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#446 Posted: 20:31:22 06/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Best game on 3DS hands down. So, what do we do on here?

Glad you agree! smilie

As for what we do...we just discuss the franchise, its games, aspects of them, etc. What do you want to talk about?
---
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#447 Posted: 23:51:17 15/01/2015
I just finished the game, so I'm going to go on a bit of a spoiler tangent about what I thought of Uprising. If you don't want any spoilers, just skip over this post.

You know, I gotta agree with Hades at the very end. This is my new all time favorite game! The story is amazing, the characters are all really funny and unique, the controls are actually really intuitive, the graphics and sound quality are godly (Look, I've got to make at least one pun if I'm talking about a Kid Icarus game for a long time, don't judge), and it was overall a very fun experience. It's almost like a 3D ride at an amusement park, it's the first time I've seen a 3DS game that uses the 3D so well that the game is worse in 2D. I've thought about how awesome it would be as a movie or television series, but honestly I think the medium it is in now is perfect. It tells the story so well without interrupting the extremely fun gameplay and only throws the occasional cutscene, of which they are really well made. I love the villains too, The Hewdraw, Pyyrhon, Viridi, Hades, Thanatos, Phosphora, Dark Pit, Pandora, there are too many great ones to count. I think one of my favorite twists in the storyline was the Aurum's reveal in Mysterious Invaders and Pyyrhon's betrayal of Pit, Palutena, Viridi, and Hades. Those chapters were extremely fun, and I always love it when all of the characters in a story regardless of if they are evil or good all have to band together to fight a bigger threat. And the Chaos Kin storyline that happened right after did not disappoint either, it was one of my favorite parts of the game.

This game is just amazing. Sakurai outdid himself here!
#448 Posted: 01:04:50 16/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I seriously couldn't agree more, Lunar!

I love pretty much everything about the game. The entire thing, as you put it, is a ride to behold! The story starts off simple enough- go and battle Medusa!- but there are so many twists in between that the entire goal gets warped and refocused. Even though some characters only appear in a level or two, they are extremely defined when they do appear. Even the enemies add to the silly tone the game takes on, but the enemy combinations later in the game can actually be a real threat. As a person who likes details, I couldn't think of anything more to add! The controls are definitely unique, and I love how much they can be customized, even if you're left-handed. I know that's the major complaint, but I don't have a problem with them. My favorite part of the game will forever be the Chaos Kin arc. Everyone's true personalities really shine there. You see Pit's determination, but he is able to stay loose and humorous despite his worry for his goddess. You see Palutena's resolve (after she's revived) to save her captain against all odds. You see Viridi's growing care for Pit. And you see Dark Pit <3 show that through everything, he'll be there for Pit. It's truly touching.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#449 Posted: 01:09:01 16/01/2015
should i get uprising?
First | Previous | Page 9 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me