Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All Purpose Kirby Topic - Kirby Star Allies
First | Previous | Page 6 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The All Purpose Kirby Topic - Kirby Star Allies
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#251 Posted: 20:29:26 05/02/2018
I'd like to think that the worlds are going to be "bigger" than in Triple Deluxe and Robobot, but that's just wishful thinking on my part, I imagine.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#252 Posted: 14:36:38 12/02/2018
I guess this footage is a bit spoilery so I'll put it on spoilers just for sure.

---
Bruh
#253 Posted: 17:08:49 12/02/2018
Gotta say... the boss themes continue to underwhelm me. Not very intense, especially coming off of Robobot. >.>
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#254 Posted: 21:25:01 13/02/2018

Only the best ability

STICK!!!!
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#255 Posted: 22:16:26 13/02/2018
To be fair, Kabuki was an ability in the special final OVA of the anime. Pretty much the same thing, just a different hat.

...It fires beams in Mass Attack, but that's not really canon.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:17:04 13/02/2018 by Bifrost
#256 Posted: 00:53:59 14/02/2018
I swear, if Dark Matter/Zero aren't in this game, this'll be some master-level trolling on HAL's part.
---
#257 Posted: 11:52:28 14/02/2018
Website is out with tons of info and videos! I'll wait until I'm not on the phone to check it out.
---
#258 Posted: 12:48:43 14/02/2018

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#259 Posted: 12:56:19 14/02/2018
>Chef Kawasaki is a helper character.

10/10 greatest Kirby game of all time, no contest.

---
#260 Posted: 17:04:41 14/02/2018
Here's the famitsu scans! BIG boy spoilers for what seems to be the second/final?! world since it's close to Popstar AND for the new Generals. Didn't put the other apges in because it's just the info from the website.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

That eye seems to straight up be the Master Crown. We might've been looking for the wrong villain this whole time...
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:07:07 14/02/2018 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#261 Posted: 17:08:46 14/02/2018
image not work!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#262 Posted: 17:14:11 14/02/2018
Both of them are displaying for me, try to open on a new tab or checking if Nintendo Everything is blocked for you?
---
#263 Posted: 17:16:54 14/02/2018
Well now they'r'e working, huh.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#264 Posted: 17:40:25 14/02/2018
That giant eyeship(?) has final level written all over it. Pon & Con's appearance leads me to think we will be having boss rushes a la Triple Deluxe in the baddie's final world.

But, yeah, if Dark Matter isn't in this I'm going to be disappointed.

---
#265 Posted: 17:59:13 14/02/2018
I CAN'T SEE THE SCANS!!!!
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#266 Posted: 22:47:14 14/02/2018
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

So, the Ice Kirby Nendoroid is out, and it's fantastic. XP
---
#267 Posted: 02:10:43 15/02/2018
Never mind, I found the article somewhere else

Also to note, that giant crown thing, isn't a boss fight, if you look close enough, it's actually a world map

for most likely the final world
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:13:31 15/02/2018 by King-Pen Krazy
#268 Posted: 02:16:47 15/02/2018
Also, I can see some other things from the article

Pon and Con seem to be fought in the last world
And Fire Francisca has a fire cannon
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#269 Posted: 12:36:49 15/02/2018
OH GOD NOT THE TRIPLE POST

Just thought I'd post this here now

It's footage of the Francisca battle
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#270 Posted: 17:29:12 24/02/2018

Since it's Nintendo Minute, I think it's ok to post this out of the spoiler tag. THERE ARE SPOILERS but turns out they're not as urgent as we first thought, the Famitsu scans are indeed of the second-to-fourth-ish world.

Big explanation for us brave souls that are risking seeing late spoilers among these midlevel ones:

Dreamland, country, is the first world. Popstar, AS A WHOLE, is the second world, meaning it starts to envelop the other countries as levels rather than worlds. Third world SEEMS to be the Jamahalder, now translated as Jambastion, which then goes to other planets altogether. Obviously those are edited out of the video.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:31:51 24/02/2018 by Bifrost
#271 Posted: 17:46:05 24/02/2018
Well then...

Now that Jambastion stuff is more what I was talking about it! I was really getting woried about this game. Don't get me wrong, it looks gorgeous, but most of the levels showed off were SUPER generic (a grass land, an ice land, a cave, etc.). But, if all of that was just footage from Popstar, that's totally understandable. From the looks of it, I guess we haven't really seen all that much past the third word, then? Also, I guess the bosses will really just be put inside levels like they were in Super Star? Which very likely means Whispy and Dedede in Dreamland, Meta Knight and Kracko in Popstar, Pon & Con (a Famitsu image showed them in a room full of evil eyes) and Francisca in the Jambastion, and then the other two generals in the world beyond, along with other bosses we possibly haven't seen? That's what it seems like, anyway.
---
#272 Posted: 17:53:44 24/02/2018
Actually

There's a second floor to the Jambastion in the video, and a tweet said Red Francisca is in there as well. It's possible the generals are recurring bosses or at least we'll fight them all now and get them as a nuisance later, like Susie.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:54:12 24/02/2018 by Bifrost
#273 Posted: 18:46:57 24/02/2018
Ah, okay. In that case, I really have to wonder if this game's going to be divided into standard worlds like the other Return games. Either I'm massively underestimating this game's size,
or they're ditching worlds in favor of areas and, maybe, there are one or two more after the Jambastion. Judging by the Popstar map, I want to say they're traditional worlds, in which case we'll either have boss refights or this game could set the record for most bosses in a Kirby game.

Something of note: Francisca's text uses the exact same robotic sound effects as Suzie's text boxes in Robobot. Are they supposed to be the same species or something?

---
#274 Posted: 19:00:02 24/02/2018
It's possible they're the same species, same design and all.

Though Susie at least has legs, since she's shown running on a treadmill and Haltmann has feet. These generals straight up end halfway through the torso.
---
#275 Posted: 19:50:43 24/02/2018
It looks like I was right, Pon and Con are fought in Jambastion

well this is neat
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#276 Posted: 20:15:11 24/02/2018
What I really want to know, and what could really make or break this for me, is how big of a Kirby game this is going to be. Like, my first impressions of Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey (b/c I don't have a Switch) are that they are significantly meatier and much more expansive than their previous counterparts. I know Kirby's a simpler game, but maybe they're aiming to make this the biggest Kirby to date in terms of level count?

I know, I'm probably grasping at straws here. But if we really had a 7 or 8 world game where the boss count is hovering close to 20 like in Super Start Ultra, I'd practically die of happiness. ;~;
---
#277 Posted: 19:21:02 25/02/2018
Alright now hear me out here.

So note how Kracko isn't in the Popstar world map, and he is most likely not in Jamaholder, which would mean you fight him in Dreamland

Every boss in Dreamland is fought in Kirby's Dreamland(I:E Whispy Woods, King Dedede)

And add Kracko to that list, and this theory starts to work.

And if we look at where we fight the bosses, it's similar too, Whispy is the boss of grassland, Dedede is the boss of his own castle, and Kracko seems to be fought in the sky. Jee, I wonder where I heard that before.

I think that every boss in Dreamland, is gonna be fought in Kirby's Dreamland

Which means Lololo and Lalala and Kabula will be fought again.
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#278 Posted: 19:38:49 25/02/2018
Actually, there is one theory I'm starting to hear getting circulated. Namely...

... that the not-Magolor cult leader guy will be a Disc One Final Boss, like the Grand Doomer, and that the real threat will then emerge (maybe Dark Matter, maybe something else), and there will be additional areas to go through to get to the end.
---
#279 Posted: 19:52:22 25/02/2018
Quote: HIR
Actually, there is one theory I'm starting to hear getting circulated. Namely...

... that the not-Magolor cult leader guy will be a Disc One Final Boss, like the Grand Doomer, and that the real threat will then emerge (maybe Dark Matter, maybe something else), and there will be additional areas to go through to get to the end.

Yeah, that's something I was thing

Or maybe

You destroy the dark heart and it flies all around to different planets, and Kirby has to destroy the pieces, otherwise Dark Matter's gonna take over the galaxy
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#280 Posted: 17:45:53 28/02/2018
So GameXplain just dropped a bunch of videos, and the JP overview trailer and full intro appear to be out. (Too lazy to post links, look 'em up.)

I really, really, really hope that this game isn't just Dreamland, Popstar, and the Jambastion. Thinking about past Kirby games, I'm pretty sure HAL had a strong tendency not to showing anything past the third world as far as levels went. But I'm really concerned that it's going to be all we're getting. ;~;

EDIT:

Aaaaaand Derek just confirmed what I was thinking, saying he believes most of the footage we've seen is just "from the first three worlds." THERE'S HOPE! :D
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:49:40 28/02/2018 by HIR
#281 Posted: 17:52:02 28/02/2018

They autoplay, watch out.

Also, Red Francisca's name is localized as Flamberge.
---
#282 Posted: 14:42:01 01/03/2018
Thing's I've learned from the recent footage

Dreamland has around 5 main levels, and 2 side levels(maybe 3)

Green Gardens is the first level and Donut Dome is the second

The third level has the waddle dee ball, and the side level after that is that nighttime level.

The next level is where you fight whispy woods, the level after that is where you fight King Dedede

From there you go to Planet Popstar
That snow level is called Echo's Edge Btw

Then to Jamaholder
The first level where you fight Pon and Con is called Gatehouse Road
And the level where you fight Flamberge is called Inner Sanctum
Also, accourding to Gamexplain, we have only seen gameplay of the first 3 worlds, and there are more than 3 worlds

That's all I got, but it's still quite a bit of info
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#283 Posted: 14:53:38 01/03/2018
Hm, nothing about a secret word just yet, be it on levels or worlds.

Peaceful Country
World of Miracles
Fortress of Shadows

Edit: Huh, TIL one of the second world's levels is also returning. Only makes sense from the japanese version kf the games.

Nature's Navel is actually from Squeak Squad. It's known as Nature Notch everywhere else.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:24:10 05/03/2018 by Bifrost
#284 Posted: 21:00:32 05/03/2018
WARNING BUMP

Nintendo accidentally the demo again. Datamining has found text files of the entire game, final boss included. Block the **** out of leak channels and avoid certain communities known for spoiling at all costs.
---
#285 Posted: 21:30:59 05/03/2018
Quote: Bifrost
WARNING BUMP

Nintendo accidentally the demo again. Datamining has found text files of the entire game, final boss included. Block the **** out of leak channels and avoid certain communities known for spoiling at all costs.

This is just me

But where do I find these?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#286 Posted: 21:43:59 05/03/2018
It's being discussed at a discord, here's the comment from the kirby subreddit instructing how to use the right channel.

Ugh, some people aren't using tags there already, be careful.

Only four words sounds... Unlikely, especially since TD and Robobot had their own final boss worlds.
---
#287 Posted: 21:55:07 05/03/2018
i would say that these are fake
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#288 Posted: 11:44:37 06/03/2018
Nope. Subreddit sticky now links to the comments with the FULL datamine. Maximum alert from now until release.

Spoiler-free, apparently the writers got really better about pacing, and they advanced from last game's Susie dialogue to actually peppering hints about the villain throughout. Someone said "temper your expectations" though, so don't expect crazy series spanning developments unless it's hidden away.
---
#289 Posted: 13:38:05 06/03/2018
Okay, these leaks are most likely fake

There are a few things I've noticed.

-He lists Twin Kracko as an EX boss, but we've seen Twin Kracko fought in Story mode
-He doesn't put in the level names for those two hidden World 1 levels
-Derrick from Gamexplain said that the game is a lot larger than 3 worlds, the leaks say there are only 4 worlds
-They will usually wait 1 game before bringing Galacta Knight back

So take these "leaks" with a grain of salt
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#290 Posted: 13:56:54 06/03/2018
It's not a leak, it's a datamine. As in, mess with the demo in some third party software to make it cough up all the text files. Nintendo's demos ALWAYS end up something from the full game, as seen with Pokémon ORAS and (partially)SM.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:57:10 06/03/2018 by Bifrost
#291 Posted: 14:17:40 06/03/2018
Quote: Bifrost
It's not a leak, it's a datamine. As in, mess with the demo in some third party software to make it cough up all the text files. Nintendo's demos ALWAYS end up something from the full game, as seen with Pokémon ORAS and (partially)SM.

I know, but they way he put it out, is just, strange, and quite suspicous to be honest

That's why I'm saying he could be lying, I know he did this same thing with Battle Royal, and while I may be stupid, I'm not that stupid

Also, for those who are really wanting those leaks

WARNING, MASSIVE SPOILERS UP AHEAD!!!

-Basically the game has a post game of sorts, where you can play as King Dedede, Meta Knight, or Bandana Waddle Dee, and the helpers. It's Called Guest Star ??? Star Allies Go, it has these new collectables called power hearts, which raise your attack, health, and speed.
-The Arena has Changed Slightly, you can die and continue on, but you lose points, there is also no True Arena, but hey, they make up for that with difficulty selections they are
Sweet Breeze
Mild Stroll
Zesty Expedition
Spicy Adventure
Sizzling Threat
Fiery Showdown
Infernal Crisis
Soul Melter
The last three are unlockable, so think of those as the True Arenas
Also, the Arena is now called The Ultimate Choice

-There are 4 worlds in game, Dream Land, Pop Star, Jambastion, and Far-Flung Starlight Heroes
-That fourth world is actually really long, think of it as the great maze from the Subspace Emissary
-Here are the levels

World of Peace, Dream Land

Green Gardens
Donut Dome
Honey Hill
Fruity Forest(Whispy Woods)
Clash At Castle Dedede(King Dedede)
Extra Eclair

World of Miracles, Planet Popstar

Friendly Field
Reef Resort
Echo’s Edge
Nature’s Navel
Sacred Square(Meta Knight)
Inside Islands
Duplex Dream
(This spells out friends BTW)

Fortress of Shadows, Jambastion

Gatehouse Road(Pon and Con)
Eastern Wall
Longview Corridor(Francisca)
Western Outer Wall
Inner Sanctum(Flamberge(I think))
Heavenly Hall
Sector A
Sector B
Sector C

Far-Flung Starlight Heroes

Planet Earthfall
Falluna Moon
Planet Misteen
Mareen Moon
Planet Carverna
Grott Moon
Planet Frostak
Blizzno Moon
Planet Towara
Gabbel Moon
Star Lavadom
Sizzlai Moon
Jambandra Base
The Divine Teminus
Extra Planet α
Extra Planet β
Extra Planet γ
Extra Planet δ

Bosses:
Guardian of the Forest: Whispy Woods
His Royal Nemesis: King Dedede
Cycloptic Stormcloud: Kracko
The Lone Swordsman: Meta Knight
Dual Defenders: Pon & Con
Frozen General: Francisca
Blazing General: Flamberge
Lightning General: Zan Partizanne
Big Bad Mama: Grand Mam
Officiant of Doom: Hyness
Destroyer of Worlds: Void Termina
Old-Growth Elder: Yggy Woods
Dual Thunderheads: Twin Kracko
The Metal Heavies: Goldon & Silvox
Temporal Warrior: Galacta Knight
Reborn Butterfly: Morpho Knight
Essence of Chaos: Void Soul

---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:42:20 06/03/2018 by King-Pen Krazy
#292 Posted: 16:39:01 06/03/2018
I only Control+F'd the data mining for mention of Magolor. And, if if's really true that he got cut from the final game, then that's extremely depressing to see. He could easily be an expanded ESP. ;~;

---
#293 Posted: 17:24:37 06/03/2018
I'm thinking the data mines are indeed true. Here's a tumblr post of EVERYTHING, from little level/pause screen commentaries, to even story dialouge. This is too in depth to be fake and thinking it is fake is naive.

http://reserved-kirby.tumblr.c...ndings-spoilers
---
#294 Posted: 18:30:13 06/03/2018
I'm not saying it's fake, I'm just saying that there is a discrepincy
That's how you spell it right?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#295 Posted: 23:38:27 06/03/2018
oh wait, hold up, I have a theory

I think Yggy, Twin Kracko, and Goldon and Silvox, are fought in world 4, not in an EX mode
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#296 Posted: 22:09:13 08/03/2018
PLAYABLE MARX IN KIRBY STAR ALLIES IN A FUTURE UPDATE AAAAAAA

I'll write something coherent later. No spoilers, Direct stuff
---
#297 Posted: 22:55:56 08/03/2018
WHERE IS MY PLAYABLE MAGOLOR, DAMN IT? HAL, IF YOU DON'T DO THIS, I SWEAR...

It's... it's gotta happen, right? He had info in the datamine. ;~;
---
#298 Posted: 22:59:49 08/03/2018
-inhale-
-chokes on a Bronto Burt-
-several minutes later-

As revealed in the datamine, you can play as legacy characters on Kirby Star Allies. It's not super clear how it's unlocked, but the game will start with the RTD team, and in the next update, we'll get three of the Animal Friends, Marx????!?!?! and goddamn Gooey he's finally back to his rightful place.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:00:06 08/03/2018 by Bifrost
#299 Posted: 23:03:49 08/03/2018
And that's just the first update

I mean, could we have, a playable, Kabula?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#300 Posted: 23:09:55 08/03/2018
They said "future updates" (read: plural) in the direct, so I think that means we'll get more down the road? Magolor and Taranza seem like so ridiculously obvious choices. The former could be modified from ESP and the latter could be modified from Spider. Other possibilities I see are Ribbon, Daroach, and Susie. Though, if they really wanted to **** with people they could go for Dark Matter by using UFO as a base.
---
First | Previous | Page 6 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me