Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All Purpose Kirby Topic - Kirby Star Allies
First | Previous | Page 5 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The All Purpose Kirby Topic - Kirby Star Allies
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9930
#201 Posted: 15:25:29 11/01/2018

Finally new footage for Star Allies! Spider ability, Meta Knight is a boss again, and, hm...

A Magolor lookalike in "deep space"? Could this mean a real Halcandran in the game at last?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#202 Posted: 16:48:49 11/01/2018
Man oh man I'm so excited for Star Allies. Between this and Return to Dreamland, the cancelled GCN game has basically become a reality and I'm so happy to see that.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:49:02 11/01/2018 by pankakesparx456
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#203 Posted: 16:53:01 11/01/2018
AH YES IM HYPE
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#204 Posted: 17:21:13 11/01/2018
OH MY GOD SUPLEX IS RETURNING!
OH MY GOD ELECTRIFIED YOYO!
YOU CAN LITERALLY MAKE YOURSELF INTO A HYPE TRAIN!
META KNIGHT'S RETURNED TO BOSS STATUS!

And the villain looks like Magolor and is from "deep space." Pleeeeeease tells me we're going back to Halcandra and/or the Master Crown (which is so totally Dark Matter/Zero sealed in an artifact) will be making another appearance. Dream Land 3's 20th anniversary happened when Star Allies was announced, surely it's time for a Dark Matter comeback?
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#205 Posted: 19:08:39 11/01/2018
Who cares about suplex you can be a spooky spider, don't have to **** with Bugzy for that one

But about the villain...

The influence does look like DM, but I think it's more likely to see its source than the real deal - after Dark Nebula it feels like they don't care about the idea too much.

edit: holy ****

[User Posted Image]

Kirby is 100% content with what's happening. No angry eyes or an epic pose.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:08:52 11/01/2018 by Bifrost
#206 Posted: 23:00:15 11/01/2018
All he needed was the power of friendsh– I mean, the power of helper buddies!

Also, rated E10+, huh? Triple Deluxe and Robobot were E, if I recall. Does this mean we're gonna have a bleeding nightmare spawn boss again? ^.^
---
#207 Posted: 23:13:50 11/01/2018
With our white blob friend or not, that rating is really setting up for something. Wonder if we'll see anything fishy when the ESRB listing comes out...

(also I found artworks for Paint, Spider and Swole-De on gematsu if anyone wants 'em) The Gematsu article also mentions a demo, but I think they mistook it for Battle Royale.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:15:42 11/01/2018 by Bifrost
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#208 Posted: 00:06:41 12/01/2018
>happy kirby box art

SIGN ME THE **** UP
#209 Posted: 01:23:14 12/01/2018
*looks at the Gematsu screenshots*

WAIT BEETLE KIRBY'S BACK TOO? THAT'S IT, THIS GAME'S 10/10!

Also, for whatever it's worth, I think the last platformer Kirby game to feature both King Dedede and Meta Knight as standard bosses was actually Epic Yarn. It's... definitely been awhile. XP
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:25:58 12/01/2018 by HIR
#210 Posted: 01:25:21 12/01/2018
Hmmmmm.... Actual spoilers for anyone who wants to play blind, tread carefully.

[User Posted Image]
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#211 Posted: 04:19:16 12/01/2018
Nobody's gonna mention that

The large dark colored object the robed guy looks surprisingly similar to star dream's core from robobot
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#212 Posted: 12:44:35 12/01/2018
Quote: kardonis
Nobody's gonna mention that

The large dark colored object the robed guy looks surprisingly similar to star dream's core from robobot

"True Arena isn't canon" said Robobot's director. HE WAS TROLLING US, GUYZ.

---
#213 Posted: 13:45:21 12/01/2018
Well, True Arena isn't canon in the way that it didn't happen in the main timeline. It's a "what if" scenario, meaning everything WOULD happen if Meta Knight took everyone on, Star Dream survived the attack, etc etc. So the info is still all true...

And that is most likely the original Clockwork Star core that Haltmann copied from.
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#214 Posted: 14:39:37 12/01/2018
I don't know what you guys are talking about.

It looks more like Nova's core to me

What if, this is a sequel to Milky Way Wishes, and Nova just transformed into a freakin heart.

Hmmmmmm, naah

Also, in other news

It looks like the story involves a mysterious cloaked figure who will probably transform in in Cuthulu-Thing in the end, as he destroys the magical Friendship Heart, and it's pieces float down to Dreamland and give Kirby the power of Friendship, AKA the power to enslave any other living race

HOOOORAYYYY!!!

Also, we should probs change the title to Kirby Star Allies or something like that
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:41:58 12/01/2018 by King-Pen Krazy
#215 Posted: 17:20:39 12/01/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Well, True Arena isn't canon in the way that it didn't happen in the main timeline. It's a "what if" scenario, meaning everything WOULD happen if Meta Knight took everyone on, Star Dream survived the attack, etc etc. So the info is still all true...

And that is most likely the original Clockwork Star core that Haltmann copied from.

Probably. Or maybe it's Nova? Nova got blown apart, but it's core definitely could've survived.

So, is it safe to assume our "mysterious threat" is going to bop the bosses with some spell? And that's why they're all glowing purple? XP
---
#216 Posted: 17:29:03 12/01/2018
Magolor talked about them in plural.

Clockwork Stars that soar the cosmos. Checking the pause menu lore again, though, Haltmann actually activated Star Dream that was already built using Halcandran blueprints; but either way, that must be another Heart of NOVA that had yet to have a body. Place looks elaborate enough that it might even be Egg Engines.

edit: either way, endgame discussion aside, General Francisca has replaced Susie in the official twitter. It might just be the female character design, but she does look like she's from the same alien species...

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 18:06:00 12/01/2018 by Bifrost
#217 Posted: 20:31:47 12/01/2018
Ooooh, I like it!

That does get me thinking though...

Given the co-op focus, it's very likely this game will just get a vanilla Extra Mode akin to Return to Dreamland. But, if that weren't the case, I'd love to see a playable Magolor, Taranza, and/or Susie. I mean, since Dedede and Meta Knight have been relegated to standard bosses, the possibility is there!
---
#218 Posted: 18:05:12 13/01/2018
Couple ideas

-This is a theory by Gamexplain, but it's possible that this new villain uses the heart to take all the heart out of dreamland, but someone sacrificed their heart to protect Kirby, who can pass on more hearts to have make friends

-The worlds don't seem to be worlds, but rather, environments(so I will refer to them as so)

-The game appears to start off in a grass environment, which moves on to a canyon environment

-The grass environment is where you fight Whispy Woods

-The canyon environment appears to be where you fight Meta Knight

-It's possible after the Canyon, you move on to King Dedede's Castle, which is where you fight Dedede

more to come soon
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#219 Posted: 18:12:35 13/01/2018
We've seen in the first trailer that this game uses a Kirby's Epic Yarn/NID level structure, since the entire team appears on it and it seems to be 2D. It can be world or levels all the same.
---
#220 Posted: 18:56:00 13/01/2018
We've seen in the first trailer that this game uses a Kirby's Epic Yarn/NID level structure, since the entire team appears on it and it seems to be 2D. It can be world or levels all the same.

(I don't want to sound snobby or anything0

but the world map appears to be more like Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot, only Kirby is on the map, and it's 3D
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#221 Posted: 18:59:59 13/01/2018

I mean this specific scene. Triple Deluxe and Robobot are single player in a 3D map.

Though this might be a Goal door. I think they look the same so it could be both ways.
---
#222 Posted: 19:00:40 13/01/2018

I mean this specific scene. Triple Deluxe and Robobot are single player in a 3D map.

Though this might be a Goal door. I think they look the same so it could be both ways.

yeah, that's the goal door

But continuing on

-It appears combining some abilities(like fire and sword, or Plasma and yo yo) makes the abilities stronger, while others, (like water and ice) make entirely new attacks

-There are at least 4 other environments in game, Volcano, Snow, Water, and a dead, Graveyard.

-Francisca is the boss of the graveyard world, as we see her battle takes place there
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:45:28 13/01/2018 by King-Pen Krazy
#223 Posted: 15:13:22 25/01/2018
I completely forgot about the Famitsu updates because I wasn't at the PC that day, ****.

Really big tl;dr, we were both wrong, it's implied to be a free-roam overworld like Mario 3D World. Map is divided by countries(Dreamland is listed as Peaceful Country, get that word guess started), Kirby gained the ability to brainwash people with the Friend's Heart, Francisca has sisters which gee I wonder if they will be fire and lightning themed, and the force of evil this time is vaguely refered to as the Heart of Darkness, freed from that crystal heart thingy by not-Magolor. The opening also was partially revealed, and it seems to be a huge reference to Dreamland 3, to make Dark Matter fans all giddy.

TODAY'S NEWS.

You can play as the helpers, though it's unclear if it's the normal mode or we're getting Helper to Hero Deluxe.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:14:52 25/01/2018 by Bifrost
#224 Posted: 15:47:03 25/01/2018
Maybe the EX Mode is somehow themed specifically around the Helpers? As opposed to Dededetour or Meta Knightmare?

Oh god, does this mean we're getting the return of ****ing Wham Bam Jewel? What a boring boss.
<.<

5char
---
#225 Posted: 15:58:02 25/01/2018
Hey, hey.

Wham Bam Jewel/Rock when playing as Yo-Yo/Gim is pretty amazing. It's just a shame that the enjoyment is 100% about what power you have and they constantly recommend you Bomb out of all things
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:58:21 25/01/2018 by Bifrost
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#226 Posted: 16:37:22 25/01/2018
This game just keeps getting better and better, man. I absolutely cannot wait for this thing to come out, now! This is basically just a sequel to Superstar at this point
#227 Posted: 16:59:00 25/01/2018
Honestly, I know the Helpers are a big component, but depending on how this plays out, this may be more of a Kirby's Dream Land 3 sequel than anything. Because befriending everyone was a big component of that game. (I mean, the item you use to beat Dark Matter/Zero is the Love Love Stick).
---
#228 Posted: 17:06:02 25/01/2018
It is, Francisca -*cough*- the official twitter is making such a big deal over Artist being a giant Ado/Adeline reference, Curling Stone(64, which is a sequel to 3) and that the Animal Friends are back. And all this attention on the Dark Matter Trilogy(well quadrilogy if you count Squeak Squad) with an evil substance that corrupts hearts sure is suspicious...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:07:29 25/01/2018 by Bifrost
#229 Posted: 17:23:14 25/01/2018
Not to mention, thinks like the Friend Train and when they all board the big old star bring to mind your "helpers" in Kirby 64. The former is like the rides you took with Waddle Dee, and the latter reminds me of Ribbon power. And, of course, Artist is like Adeline painting power ups for you.

Actually, since Circus gave you the ability to make a Magolor balloon in Triple Dexlue, will Artist let you make Susie? That'd be fun, especially since Kirby at least likes Susie (though the feeling's not mutual).
---
#230 Posted: 13:39:50 26/01/2018

New Whispy Woods footage
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#231 Posted: 13:51:25 26/01/2018
I am Whispy, hear me ROAR!
#232 Posted: 14:14:49 26/01/2018
So, based on the Whispy footage and some of the trailers, I'm going to go out on a limb here (heh) and guess that, rather than the possessed bosses "turning red" when they lose a portion of their health (like in the past RtD-style Kirby games), they will actually have two rounds. The first round will be normal, with small health bars. And then the second round will have them vent all that purple smoke and rock much larger health bars.

Alternatively, these games have dynamic health bars. I.e. if you have four players and you fight a boss, it'll have way more health than if you fight it solo. <.<
---
#233 Posted: 15:03:49 26/01/2018
I think the helper thing in the helper trailer actually changes your current character to that character

I:E The Waddle Doo would change to the rock enemy(forgot his name) when touching that pedestal
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#234 Posted: 15:34:14 26/01/2018
Wow what is that framerate

Pedestals did work like that in Super Star, if you could nudge the helper into one that is.
---
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#235 Posted: 20:18:42 26/01/2018
Oh hey, for some reason it took me until now to realize that my favourite ability is returning in Star Allies.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
#236 Posted: 12:55:49 30/01/2018
For anyone avoiding spoilers, keep in mind youtubers are getting footage of Whispy Woods and Swole-Dedede today, as well as a few early levels.

People are complaining that the bosses are looking far too easy and Dedede burns through all his phases too quickly, but I guess it comes with the RTD format. Too hard and a weaker player will do nothing but eat the team's lives.
---
#237 Posted: 14:46:20 30/01/2018
For anyone avoiding spoilers, keep in mind youtubers are getting footage of Whispy Woods and Swole-Dedede today, as well as a few early levels.

People are complaining that the bosses are looking far too easy and Dedede burns through all his phases too quickly, but I guess it comes with the RTD format. Too hard and a weaker player will do nothing but eat the team's lives.

Those people are IGN
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#238 Posted: 16:04:10 30/01/2018
No, it is really an awfully small health bar, it doesn't give you enough time to take in the attacks. But what's the point when you have 3 other people mashing buttons and not caring about taking damage
---
#239 Posted: 22:28:37 30/01/2018
I mean, Return to Dreamland pretty much had the same problem. If you've got three buddies, then the bosses are an afterthought. If you went in with four Spark Kirbies, boss could be dead in, like, 30 seconds. Kirby bosses aren't exactly marathon bosses. Most of them can go down in no more than a couple of minutes these days. I mean, people can finish the True Arena in well under 20 minutes when they know what they're doing.

Honestly, (going off the one video I saw) a minute for Whispy Woods and over 2.5 minutes for Dedede with three others seems perfectly normal to me. These people need to remember that, this time around, bosses aren't going to be going and hiding in the background like the did in Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot. The only reason Flowery Woods and Clanky Woods were "long" was because there was only one Kirby fighting, and they would often have significant periods where you couldn't really hit them.

What I'm really interested in is the fact that there were levels leading up to these bosses. Maybe that was implemented for the sake of a demo? But if this game really is going the Super Star route of "bosses at the end of some levels," then it's entirely possible that we could have multiple bosses per world. Like, Whispy and Dedede could be the world 1 bosses. Which is why they'd look so pathetically easy. >.>
---
#240 Posted: 22:31:42 30/01/2018
Quote: HIR
I mean, Return to Dreamland pretty much had the same problem. If you've got three buddies, then the bosses are an afterthought. If you went in with four Spark Kirbies, boss could be dead in, like, 30 seconds. Kirby bosses aren't exactly marathon bosses. Most of them can go down in no more than a couple of minutes these days. I mean, people can finish the True Arena in well under 20 minutes when they know what they're doing.

Honestly, (going off the one video I saw) a minute for Whispy Woods and over 2.5 minutes for Dedede with three others seems perfectly normal to me. These people need to remember that, this time around, bosses aren't going to be going and hiding in the background like the did in Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot. The only reason Flowery Woods and Clanky Woods were "long" was because there was only one Kirby fighting, and they would often have significant periods where you couldn't really hit them.

What I'm really interested in is the fact that there were levels leading up to these bosses. Maybe that was implemented for the sake of a demo? But if this game really is going the Super Star route of "bosses at the end of some levels," then it's entirely possible that we could have multiple bosses per world. Like, Whispy and Dedede could be the world 1 bosses. Which is why they'd look so pathetically easy. >.>

The thing is, I think these are seperate levels

You can't just go from, Patchy land, to beach, to King Dedede's ****in Castle
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#241 Posted: 00:18:10 31/01/2018
^There's no rule saying that world 1 has to be nothing but grasslands-themed, with maybe a cave in it. Like I said, I think it was a demo, and so things may have been spliced together (or footage cut off for embargo reasons).

Let me hope that we may have more than one boss in a world, for heaven's sake. It's kinda sad the Super Star Ultra's vanilla Arena still has the most rounds in the entire franchise. >.>
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:18:50 31/01/2018 by HIR
#242 Posted: 21:01:20 01/02/2018
[User Posted Image]

Oh man the higher quality artwork came out. Driblee is so cute! Much better than the Water Galbo that doesn't even look like its ability.
---
#243 Posted: 22:12:35 01/02/2018
[User Posted Image]

Oh man the higher quality artwork came out. Driblee is so cute! Much better than the Water Galbo that doesn't even look like its ability.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#244 Posted: 22:52:53 01/02/2018
[User Posted Image]

Water Galbo's just a lazy palette swap and we all know it. Doesn't change the fact that I'd pay good money for a nice Galbo plushie. And probably a Driblee one, too. It really is a shame we don't have more Kirby plushies. I don't even think the Marx and Magolor ones made it outside of Japan.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#245 Posted: 17:48:23 03/02/2018

Kinda weird they're releasing that much footage so early. I would expect that much 1-2 weeks before release, not a whole month.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:49:06 03/02/2018 by Crash10
#246 Posted: 17:51:14 03/02/2018
It's still all from the first world; though I hope that means there's plenty of content.
---
#247 Posted: 19:12:46 03/02/2018
Am I the only one who thinks Kirby would make a great RPG

Especially this game
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#248 Posted: 19:40:04 03/02/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Especially this game

The thing is that RPGs are known for being a complex genre, while Kirby is the exact opposite (it has its depth, but it has simple bases). However, if they do something like Mario & Luigi, it might work.
---
Bruh
#249 Posted: 20:58:13 03/02/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Especially this game

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is a thing. ^.^;
---
#250 Posted: 19:51:59 05/02/2018
[User Posted Image]

Here's the Super Mario 3D World-esque level select!
---
First | Previous | Page 5 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me