Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All Purpose Kirby Topic - Kirby Star Allies
First | Previous | Page 4 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The All Purpose Kirby Topic - Kirby Star Allies
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8194
#151 Posted: 13:52:10 11/03/2016
Oh thats right, a poison ability! Any gameplay of it?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9930
#152 Posted: 14:06:07 11/03/2016
There are a few seconds of gameplay in the trailer and screenshots. Looks like a reskinned Water but from the description it'll have other things relating to toxic powers.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:06:21 11/03/2016 by Bifrost
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#153 Posted: 14:55:26 11/03/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Here ya go.

---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8194
#154 Posted: 14:58:07 11/03/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Here ya go.

Thank you!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#155 Posted: 15:10:11 11/03/2016
Oh, didn't even know there was ability gameplay already, I feel foolish now.
---
#156 Posted: 16:16:30 11/03/2016
^There's one for Doctor as well, and the Mechs I believe.
---
Check this out! Please?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#157 Posted: 16:33:19 11/03/2016
Keep in mind, as is the case with all Kirby games, Japan's getting this one very soon (late April, to be exact). So they have a lot of preview stuff up on the Japanese site already.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#158 Posted: 03:36:31 12/03/2016
Interesting. And seriously? cutting beetle instead of circus? I don't know about you guys, but I despise Circus.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#159 Posted: 03:53:10 12/03/2016
Quote: kardonis
Interesting. And seriously? cutting beetle instead of circus? I don't know about you guys, but I despise Circus.

Can Beetle juggle and jump through flaming hoops? I don't think so.

Okay, but seriously though. Beetle honestly was a pretty good ability, my insectophobia aside. But, if it doesn't come back, there's still Triple Deluxe.
---
Check this out! Please?
#160 Posted: 04:56:57 12/03/2016

I guess with Leaf, Hammer, Smash, and UFO, they didn't want too many game-breaking powers for when people confront The True Arena. ^.^;
---
#161 Posted: 17:34:39 29/04/2016
The game is out on Japan and apparently leaked in English. First game to have a continuous plot oh my. It also seems to have a lot of callbacks and from what people say amazing boss design - and seeing the footage in japanese, it certainly seems like it.

Big spoilers from here on now -

On this game's holy **** moments, Magolor wasn't kidding when he said there was more than one NOVA.
Also the mech references aren't even subtle, the Robobot Armor straight up uses Giga Drill Breaker.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:58:25 29/04/2016 by Bifrost
#162 Posted: 20:18:31 29/04/2016
Oh yeah...

This game's continuity is RIDICULOUS (in a good way). You could make the argument Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, and Robobot are officially a trilogy of sorts.

And the final boss does a better job of being a Star Fox game than Star Fox Zero does.

Also...

HALtmann Works Company...

The final boss has an attack where it shoots out three letters. In order, L-A-H...

You're not even being subtle with this anymore, HAL. ;>.>
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#163 Posted: 00:50:45 30/04/2016
i'm buying this game
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#164 Posted: 13:11:05 30/04/2016
GALACTA KNIGHT IS OUT FOR BLOOD
SECTONIA WANTS THE BORB
DARK MATTTERRRRR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tIAzLR_I3c
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#165 Posted: 13:16:41 30/04/2016
I remember people thinking Susie was going to be waifu material or adorable helper from enemy lines.

Turns out not only she's a huuuge jerk, she's probably the only villain in the series to leave unscathed and probably with bosses even worse than Max Haltmann, since they were trying to seize control of Star Dream for themselves.
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#166 Posted: 13:36:57 30/04/2016
I really want this game.
#167 Posted: 14:43:05 30/04/2016
Also, Meta Knight can't catch a break. He's absent from Rainbow Curse and Triple Deluxe, and when he finally gets a full appearance?

Manages to get shot(and it's been a few games since we last saw the Halberd, too), kidnapped, and put into a robot. Then when he gets freed(with the fastest mask replacement in a while) by Kirby and tries to be cool by shooting Star Dream out of the sky, Kirby just steals the glory by scanning the ship. At least for once he finishes the game without getting it destroyed or stranded like in Squeak Squad.
---
#168 Posted: 18:27:41 30/04/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Also, Meta Knight can't catch a break. He's absent from Rainbow Curse and Triple Deluxe, and when he finally gets a full appearance?

Manages to get shot(and it's been a few games since we last saw the Halberd, too), kidnapped, and put into a robot. Then when he gets freed(with the fastest mask replacement in a while) by Kirby and tries to be cool by shooting Star Dream out of the sky, Kirby just steals the glory by scanning the ship. At least for once he finishes the game without getting it destroyed or stranded like in Squeak Squad.

Err, I'm given to understand...

Meta Knight is still in the bridge piloting the Halberd for the fight, but Kirby's controlling the weaponry. You see him leap out of the bridge to eject the Robobot for the GIGA DRILL BREAKER!

Also, I am conflicted about this True Arena. On the one hand, you can cheese it with Amiibos to get free health/ability refills in the middle of it. But I guess HAL realized that because GOD DAMN Star Dream Soul OS is a nightmare to fight and you spend, like 1/3rd of the ENTIRE True Arena fighting it. @.@
---
#169 Posted: 18:33:06 30/04/2016
There's no amount of cheese to save you from the secret boss tho.

The 1KHO Off Waves jumped from Smash to screw you over in a 1-life boss rush. Cheap, but you only get hit if you really just let go of the controls before the big explosion.
---
#170 Posted: 18:49:05 30/04/2016
Message thingy...

Forget that one. The last Halberd phase is timed and they buffed Star Dream's health AND the health of all the junk it summons. So it's much harder to get rid of his health before the countdown runs out and he insta-kills you.
---
#171 Posted: 20:57:20 01/05/2016
Oh my god I also noticed another amazing reference to (redated because it's part of the spoiler) in the game.

It references TTGL twice. First it's the Giga Drill Break, then second is the fact it has a similar course of action against the Acess Arc/Star Dream/NOVA as original versus the movie.
In the original anime, Simon dispatches the Anti-Spiral with the usual attack, and Kirby does that as well in the story mode.
In Lagann-hen, Simon has to drill into the Anti-Spiral's core, and fight him alone there. In True Arena, Kirby also can't Giga Drill Break into Star Dream and gets sucked up - and has to fight him alone, no Robobot or Halberd, in the inside.

HAL I love you fesfljefg;;;
---
okami12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2205
#172 Posted: 14:46:52 05/05/2016
I,m really looking forward to this game the new abiltys look cool ESP being my fav it's the cap I love the ness cap

Also I hope this game hints at the next game like some kirby games do
#173 Posted: 00:00:44 07/05/2016
English cutscenes are up(ROM,watch at your own risk, also spoilers). Lot of the lore cleared up.

Star Dream wasn't created by Haltmann,it was reactivated. So it's still a Halcandran machine.

The Noble Haltmann(100% and Susie's theme) also seems almost like a prayer. If Pop Star felt insignificant before, now there are impossibly huge companies out there pretty much treated like religions, and it's not just one considering Susie's mention of "start-up companies" she was trying to smuggle Star Dream to.

Susie and Haltmann are also aliens,not robots,which was probably obvious for most people but it took Star Dream calling them organic for me to get.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:06:30 07/05/2016 by Bifrost
#174 Posted: 17:41:16 15/06/2016
Gonna bump this topic back from the dead, but man, robobot is AMAZING. I just finished meta Nightmare returns, and only have the true arena left to do.

Galacta knight makes me fear for my life...
---
#175 Posted: 18:13:30 15/06/2016
I am 98% complete on Robobot (****ing stickers ugggggh...). Definitely my new favorite Kirby game of them all.

Yes amiibo can be used during the True Arena, but this True Arena doesn't screw around, especially Galacta Knight. He's probably the hardest battle of the bunch. Star Dream Soul OS (and its many, many phases) is so much fun to fight. I wish you didn't have to get through the whole dang True Arena just to reach it. Ah well, I can always just do the normal one.

Now apparently this game has terribly broken DSP/jump cancel so certain abilities (Hammer, Ice, and Cutter) in the right hands can be used to clear the True Arena in under 15 minutes, which is ridiculous but neat to see.

Overall I love it. The Robobot Armor is way better implemented into this game than Hypernova or Ultra Abilities ever were. I love the pseudo-3D getting brought back from Kirby 64. The bosses are way more active than even Triple Deluxe. And the level set pieces and aesthetics are awesome with the mechanization theme (don't even get me started on the music).

Mario devs take note, this is how you keep a formula fresh and add some diversity to your level tropes! It'll never happen, but a guy can dream, right?
---
#176 Posted: 19:10:34 15/06/2016
Less than a week? I got it yesterday and I'm already essentially done.

So, I've been using Archer and the hide ability to cheese my way through The true arena. Unfortunately, good old galacta left me with so little health that I died on the second form of star dream.

And apparently Haltmann had a daughter? That died? So he activated star dream to try and bring her back. At leas that's what I'm gathering from the quotes on the pause screen.
---
#177 Posted: 20:54:22 15/06/2016
I'm just watching LPs, the game feels so much better than TD, which honestly pales in comparison when at the time people generally called it as good as RtD.

Haltmann programmed an existing NOVA to grant a wish it seems and his daughter died at some point, which more or less destroyed him on the inside and apparently gave him suicidal thoughts("just wants to see his daughter again" isn't subtle). That probably fueled Star Dream to think life was worthless and that was the true wish.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:55:28 15/06/2016 by Bifrost
#178 Posted: 01:41:00 16/06/2016
Less than a week? I got it yesterday and I'm already essentially done.

So, I've been using Archer and the hide ability to cheese my way through The true arena. Unfortunately, good old galacta left me with so little health that I died on the second form of star dream.

And apparently Haltmann had a daughter? That died? So he activated star dream to try and bring her back. At leas that's what I'm gathering from the quotes on the pause screen.

Quote: Bifrost
I'm just watching LPs, the game feels so much better than TD, which honestly pales in comparison when at the time people generally called it as good as RtD.

Haltmann programmed an existing NOVA to grant a wish it seems and his daughter died at some point, which more or less destroyed him on the inside and apparently gave him suicidal thoughts("just wants to see his daughter again" isn't subtle). That probably fueled Star Dream to think life was worthless and that was the true wish.

My personal theory on it:

Susie is Haltmann's disappeared daughter. The "accident" that's being referred to is, in fact, a failure during the testing of Star Dream's Space-Time Transporter system (what he uses to summon Galacta Knight). The result was that Susie got trapped in Another Dimension (of Return to Dreamland fame). It explains how she got the Sphere Doomer data for Holo Defense API (since Holo-Doomers 2.0's bio says she was the one to get it, but no one's sure how). And we KNOW you can escape Another Dimension without a Starcutter, because Magolor was able to do it. Also, remember Star Dream mentions the previous system admin (Pres. Haltmann) prohibited him from using the Space-Time Transporter. I think that's because his daughter got swallowed up by the vortex so he refused to try something like that again.

Now Susie remembers this, which is why she chooses to double cross Haltmann and flip Star Dream for a profit. But Haltmann was so wracked with grief and had plunged so far off the deep end by focusing on maximizing the profitability of his company, that he couldn't even recognize his daughter when she returned.

EDIT:
[User Posted Image]

The 100% complete reward is waaaaaaaaay better than the usual "Kirby dances in a top hat" video. <.<;
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:49:37 16/06/2016 by HIR
#179 Posted: 02:15:56 17/06/2016
HOW, JUST HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO THIS??????

A FOURTH PHASE? A FOURTH ****ING PHASE??????? last fight they said, one more to go they said...
---
#180 Posted: 14:42:20 17/06/2016
HOW, JUST HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO THIS??????

A FOURTH PHASE? A FOURTH ****ING PHASE??????? last fight they said, one more to go they said...

There's a reason you can use amiibo in it. Also, ESP ability's teleport dash... perhaps? <.<;

And actually, Star Dream Soul OS is my favorite boss in the game. More fun than Star Dream, it's just getting through the whole True Arena to get to it is no fun. <.>

<.<;;
---
#181 Posted: 14:54:23 17/06/2016
Except I don't have a new 3DS, or the amiibo adapter. I was doing alright as Archer, abusing the hide thing, but going into a boss you have no prior knowledge even existed with only 1/3rd health left? Not good... Maybe on the second try.

- - -
---
#182 Posted: 15:10:30 17/06/2016
Except I don't have a new 3DS, or the amiibo adapter. I was doing alright as Archer, abusing the hide thing, but going into a boss you have no prior knowledge even existed with only 1/3rd health left? Not good... Maybe on the second try.

- - -

Oh, you're using that strategy? Err... umm... that may not be such a good idea. ^.^;

---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#183 Posted: 06:20:46 27/06/2016
I started to play a few weeks ago, good game so far what it annoyes me is how to get all the Cubes and the Stickers are pain to collect. But still a fun game and i love the Robobot part of the Levels so much destruction >:3

I'm on area 6 that means i'm going against President Haltmann and i hope don't screw up lol, nothing can go wrong but still. I'm not very good at videogames like before >.<
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:21:29 27/06/2016 by KeybasHedKey
#184 Posted: 12:43:34 27/06/2016
Kid, there's a big storm coming...

Also....

I don't know if this was confirmed earlier, but star dream refers to galaxy knight as HE, so we know now that Galacta is indeed male.

EDIT: minor spoiler, but I needed to share this...

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:21:06 07/07/2016 by kardonis
#185 Posted: 21:33:10 12/08/2016
Sparing news of Kirby Café and Kirby Museum so us that don't live in Japan don't have to remember we'll miss out on those, but the former released an arrange album of a few songs. There's even Drawcia Soul and Amazing Mirror's general forest theme in there, never seen those in official remixes before.
---
#186 Posted: 14:41:09 12/12/2016
http://nintendowire.com/blog/2...ry-celebration/

Topic revival to announce Kirby's turning 25 this coming year! They did release the Dream Collection for the 20th anniversary, but we've also had Triple Deluxe, Rainbow Curse, and Robobot back-to-back-to-back. So no idea if/what we should expect. Switch game, perhaps? I'd love a game with Robobot's visuals rendered using the Switch's more powerful hardware. <3
---
#187 Posted: 15:06:07 12/12/2016
Considering the mention of "new life", maybe a spinoff or out of the current timeline?
But yeah kirby on the Switch would be awesome.
---
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#188 Posted: 18:55:12 15/12/2016
Still praying for a full 3D platformer Kirby game... which is what I've wanted to see for a long time now.

Kirby 3D Rumble got me extremely excited, because I thought maybe it was a hint at what the next game will be like. I want to see something like the second prototype of Kirby GCN, but better (and HD) smilie
---
Purple dragon.
#189 Posted: 19:42:50 15/12/2016
Isn't Kirby GCN just Return to Dreamland? Even one of the bosses was turned into a minigame there.
---
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#190 Posted: 20:39:48 15/12/2016
That's what it eventually evolved into. There were about three different prototypes of it though, one of which was a 3D platformer-type game (there is a picture of it somewhere online). I'd been hoping for a while they would go somewhere with that again. Of course, being the Kirby superfan that I am, I'd be just as happy with another traditional Kirby game instead. smilie

I loved Planet Robobot, by the way. Actually miles better than Triple Deluxe. Great story, a more enjoyable gimmick (Hypernova got old after a while) and that final boss...I don't want to spoil anything, but holy ****
---
Purple dragon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:40:31 15/12/2016 by Sboy13
#191 Posted: 21:05:45 15/12/2016
Final Boss was definately something else, but I don't like it that it became an entire obligatory shooter section and they left the regular fight to True Arena :I Which is weird, since there are shooter sections before but they play entirely different.

Also would've liked them to have put a BIT more lore in the games. We had to wait until the Miiverse Q&As to finally learn what's up with Susie and Haltmann for real(Star Dream caused memory degredation on him so he just plain hired her out of niceness without even remembering she was his daughter, and she understandably got pissed).
---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#192 Posted: 22:35:11 15/12/2016
Quote: HIR
http://nintendowire.com/blog/2...ry-celebration/

Topic revival to announce Kirby's turning 25 this coming year! They did release the Dream Collection for the 20th anniversary, but we've also had Triple Deluxe, Rainbow Curse, and Robobot back-to-back-to-back. So no idea if/what we should expect. Switch game, perhaps? I'd love a game with Robobot's visuals rendered using the Switch's more powerful hardware. <3

I compleatly forgot about next Year is Kirby´s 25th Anniversary. We´ll have another Anniversary collection like last time? Or a new game? I hope is a new game.
#193 Posted: 16:24:25 16/12/2016
Quote: Sboy13
Still praying for a full 3D platformer Kirby game... which is what I've wanted to see for a long time now.

Kirby 3D Rumble got me extremely excited, because I thought maybe it was a hint at what the next game will be like. I want to see something like the second prototype of Kirby GCN, but better (and HD) :D

There are those hoping 3D Rumble was a "testing ground" of sorts and will lead to some sort of game, like with Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. <.<

Personally I'm not really sure if the typical Kirby style would translate well into a 3D platformer, but something could happen.
---
#194 Posted: 17:12:38 13/06/2017
New Kirby game revealed for 2018, no name yet.
-On the Switch!
-Animal Friends AND Helpers!
-Combined Abilities are back! Now including combinations with Water and other newer abilities
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:12:57 13/06/2017 by Bifrost
#195 Posted: 17:15:01 13/06/2017
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Damn it, I need a Switch. ;~;
---
#196 Posted: 18:48:24 13/06/2017
Is it me or the Sir Kibble was wearing a kirby hat? Helper customization would be lit.
---
#197 Posted: 20:17:26 13/06/2017
I need that new Kirby game in my life.
please don't be another Kirby GameCube...
---
Check this out! Please?
#198 Posted: 23:07:36 13/06/2017
^Nah, if anything it IS Kirby Gamecube. Because that cancelled game had...

-4 player co-op with helpers from Super Star
-Clean/Sweeper Kirby and Water Kirby as transformations
-Some minor elemental ability stuff (didn't look as prominent as Kirby Switch)

Seriously, all we need is HR-D3 to make a boss appearance and Kirby GCN lived after all.

On an unrelated note, aren't we still getting a multiplayer 3DS Kirby game this winter? That was confirmed by a previous Direct, right? Maybe it'll get shown off at Treehouse, but that's still a thing, right? The Switch game seems like it's HAL's A Team (RtD, TD, Robobot), while the multiplayer game could be the B team (Mass Attack, Rainbow Curse).
---
First | Previous | Page 4 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me