Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > SF W3 Corelanders Officially Coming to Toys R Us 12/22/13
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
SF W3 Corelanders Officially Coming to Toys R Us 12/22/13 [CLOSED]
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#1 Posted: 05:52:25 17/12/2013 | Topic Creator
The title says it all people. My store got in a huge shipment of Wave 3 Corelanders today for 12/22/13. No word on Lightcores or Swappers yet. I guess you can now consider me one of those "trusted members" when it comes to release information. Pictures are below.

The figure count per box are:

3 Dune Bug
3 Smolderdash
1 Zoo Lou
1 Countdown
1 Hyper Beam Prism Break
1 Horn Blast Whirlwind
2 Phantom Cynder

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#2 Posted: 05:56:07 17/12/2013
Well so much for that "confirmed" 12/29/13 release date at Target.

Only one my kids want is Dune Bug so I am not too worried.
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#3 Posted: 05:56:55 17/12/2013
Thanks for the heads up, Trexroarr!
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#4 Posted: 06:32:37 17/12/2013
Thank you o.p. It's nice to see they anticipated Dune Bug being popular.
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#5 Posted: 06:35:23 17/12/2013 | Topic Creator
The rumor was that Target will be getting the Swappers for 12/29/13, so that rumor hasn't been debunked yet.

And you guys are all very welcome.
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#6 Posted: 06:38:44 17/12/2013
Hopefully a Target employee on the boards here can provide a similar picture for the alleged boxes marked "12/29".
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#7 Posted: 06:39:58 17/12/2013
So glad to see Dune Bug is finally coming, but 2 Phantom Cynders?! You gotta be kidding me they haven't learned anything from last year!
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#8 Posted: 09:14:58 17/12/2013
So as someone who is dreading the chance of one/two of my favorite characters in wave 3 getting a chase variant, is it worth going to TRU when they open? I do not know anything about the employees.

It would be great to find a chase variant as they were intended to be found,
in the store.
---
#all Spyros are valid
MrsSlamBam Blue Sparx Gems: 591
#9 Posted: 11:18:48 17/12/2013
Just please tell me there is more then just one box of them Trexroarr. ..lol
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#10 Posted: 11:25:47 17/12/2013
I heard each store was getting 12 to 30 boxes only time will tell. Where you going to be at 12:01am Sunday morning? I am going to TRU Sat 21 because they are open until 1:00am and I sure do hope that the figures are out for sale at midnight.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#11 Posted: 11:42:15 17/12/2013
By the looks of my tru hours for this weekend seems they are open 24hrs...says Saturday 6 am to 12am...then it says sunday 12am to 12am! I am to hoping they put them out at midnight!
#12 Posted: 12:31:37 17/12/2013
Does anyone know for the 24hrs stores will they be selling them at midnight? ?
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3319
#13 Posted: 12:32:43 17/12/2013
Wait.... What about the Sheep Wreck pack?
My toysrus is open from 7 am to midnight for the holidays, not sure about Sunday's hours there but URG I WANT ALL OF WAVE 3 SO FRIGGIN BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! But of coarse my TRU wouldn't know if there was a zombie invasion going on until an employee gets bitten, and by then the world would be over. My TRU takes the cake as the most clueless store in my state, another reason why I should work there and whip then into shape!
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:33:43 17/12/2013 by flashwingftw
#14 Posted: 12:43:35 17/12/2013
Flashwingftw lol I hear ya on that.... my tru is not the brightest crayon in the box either!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#15 Posted: 13:28:15 17/12/2013
I'm curious where the two lightcores will be shipped in this wave...I guess we'll have a Wave 3 part two with those two plus some of the previous fan favorites and maybe some of the new wave 3...

Quote: Trexroarr
The rumor was that Target will be getting the Swappers for 12/29/13, so that rumor hasn't been debunked yet.

And you guys are all very welcome.

You da man! You are on my "one to watch" rank...bravo my friend!

Quote: Fernandez2

What about it? Still valid...note that the Target was discussing the Swappers...clearly missing here. Pay attention smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 16:35:32 17/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
crocko33 Blue Sparx Gems: 685
#16 Posted: 13:44:03 17/12/2013
I believe many TRU stores will be open for 87 hours straight starting this Saturday....so definitely interesting to know at what time on the 22nd these boxes are brought out. I think the "good" stores who generally know what's going on, will bring shipment out soon after midnight.
---
55 out of 80 Skylanders -- Activate account = crocko33
wayiswho Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#17 Posted: 13:44:49 17/12/2013
Yay!! Happy to be getting Dune Bug finally!
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#18 Posted: 13:57:02 17/12/2013
Quote: GothamLord
Hopefully a Target employee on the boards here can provide a similar picture for the alleged boxes marked "12/29".

Nothing has changed. Swappers at target 12/29, core landers a few days before Xmas at TRU.
And nobody should need to take "photos" to prove it to you.
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3319
#19 Posted: 14:02:30 17/12/2013
Quote: MrsSlamBam
Flashwingftw lol I hear ya on that.... my tru is not the brightest crayon in the box either!

If my TRU was a color, it would be invisible because of its dullness. Lol.
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#20 Posted: 14:03:50 17/12/2013
Looks like I was wrong in a good way
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#21 Posted: 14:31:39 17/12/2013
Ok, so we've got the Cores coming to TRU on the 22nd,

The Swappers at Target on the 29th,

Has there been any word about the Adventure/Battle Packs or the LightCore figures?
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
Krush_Hour Blue Sparx Gems: 966
#22 Posted: 14:36:42 17/12/2013
Quote: lesty

That's too funny. If there weren't any pictures taken, the OP would have been torn to shreds about his lack of street cred and told he's just churning the rumour mill unless they provided photos to back up their claims.

lol.. you guys are too funny
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#23 Posted: 15:12:59 17/12/2013
Quote: Krush_Hour

That's too funny. If there weren't any pictures taken, the OP would have been torn to shreds about his lack of street cred and told he's just churning the rumour mill unless they provided photos to back up their claims.

Double standards are all over the place....apparently some folks definition of confirmed is different than the one on the dictionary. LOL
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#24 Posted: 15:45:11 17/12/2013
Quote: Krush_Hour

Double standards are all over the place....apparently some folks definition of confirmed is different than the one on the dictionary. LOL

The dictionary references photographic evidence?

Also: it'd be a double-standard if it was from the same person or authority. These are just different peoples' opinions. Personally, I don't need photographic evidence. Others do. None of it is right or wrong, no matter how each individual presents it.
#25 Posted: 16:02:23 17/12/2013

Nothing has changed. Swappers at target 12/29, core landers a few days before Xmas at TRU.

There is also no reason why photos couldnt be taken either, showing the contents in the same way. Advising the content count in each box, etc.

As others above me have stated as well. Photos verify claims. Until people see something physically as proof... its all just talk.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:04:09 17/12/2013 by GothamLord
#26 Posted: 16:31:01 17/12/2013

There is also no reason why photos couldnt be taken either, showing the contents in the same way. Advising the content count in each box, etc.

As others above me have stated as well. Photos verify claims. Until people see something physically as proof... its all just talk.

If this was any Joe Schmoe, I would agree. However, Lesty earned his stripes all last year. He's trusted.

I will add that getting these at Target will be problematic, simply because street dates are ignored and staff generally not in the know. I hope they have a tight ship this time around. Also, given lackluster stock levels (at least at my Target)...I wonder just how many will be shipped to each location.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:34:08 17/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#27 Posted: 16:46:40 17/12/2013

Guess what. I could care less if anyone believes or doesn't believes me. Do I, or anyone else that may work for a retailer or have a source through Activision win a prize for giving the most useful information?
I've explained many times what my motivation is, and it's not to mess with peoples heads or a cry for attention. The 29th is the date for swaplanders, and it will be at Target first. You want evidence? Sorry...not going to get it from me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:47:07 17/12/2013 by lesty
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#28 Posted: 16:49:59 17/12/2013
I concur with GhoastRoaster. lesty's reputation is very reliable, he is one that I don't expect photos to take note, but he earned that rep.

However, Target is somewhat unreliable on Skylander stocking. If they aren't street dated (and the Arizona mishaps indicates they are not, or have been made so only recently since that was obviously a mistake) then it is highly likely they will leak onto shelves and leave few if any at many Targets for that Sunday. Just look at Jolly, they showed up prior to the street date all over the place. The employees are already dealing with the busy holiday season, and they are supposed to keep the shelves stocked. If there is no warning sticker or it is just a tiny one in the corner it can be easily missed. I don't really blame them, the pay stinks and it is a long day's work during the holiday.

If they do street dates, they need to take the TRU lead and put a big orange sticker on the side like in the above images. That is hard to miss (although notice is has the old 10/13 date up in the corner). Big orange stickers is the way to go.

EDIT: lesty, ignore the haters. Most of the complaints I have seen are from people don't know you. I've seen many people saying you aren't accurate simply because of the TRU singles, they completely ignore that you only commented on the swapper availability, not the singles. You're awesome in my book, I appreciate your heads up.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:53:16 17/12/2013 by defpally
#29 Posted: 16:50:27 17/12/2013
Do I, or anyone else that may work for a retailer or have a source through Activision win a prize for giving the most useful information?

If it makes you feel better I'll give you an award. smilie
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:53:40 17/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
Mori-DogMovies Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#30 Posted: 16:54:44 17/12/2013
That could have been photoshopped...
smilie
---
ME: "Who's this, sweetheart?" MY DAUGHTER: "That's Camo...he poops fruit!"
#31 Posted: 16:56:01 17/12/2013

Guess what. I could care less if anyone believes or doesn't believes me. Do I, or anyone else that may work for a retailer or have a source through Activision win a prize for giving the most useful information?
I've explained many times what my motivation is, and it's not to mess with peoples heads or a cry for attention. The 29th is the date for swaplanders, and it will be at Target first. You want evidence? Sorry...not going to get it from me.

I really could care less if you care less or not. People in other threads scream about "proof". Good job if you have your internet "street cred" on the site here. Have an internet cookie. I'll keep in mind for future reference, that taking 30 seconds to get a picture of a box and upload it to the internet however is beneath you in the future.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#32 Posted: 17:02:45 17/12/2013
I really could care less if you care less or not. People in other threads scream about "proof". Good job if you have your internet "street cred" on the site here. Have an internet cookie. I'll keep in mind for future reference, that taking 30 seconds to get a picture of a box and upload it to the internet however is beneath you in the future.

Feel free to ignore his info then, I'm sure someone else would appreciate the opportunity to purchase the swappers on the 29th.

One thing you apparently are missing is what we know about lesty's job. He isn't just an average store clerk. Photos are easy when you can just pop open a box and snap a pic with a camera phone. It's completely different when you have inside access to future promotions. No job is worth losing to satisfying a random skeptic on the Internet. He tells us what he can without causing himself trouble. Be glad for that much. Without him we would have ZERO idea when to expect the swappers. I have full confidence you will discover his earned reputation that we are already comfortable with later this month.
wayiswho Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#33 Posted: 17:05:18 17/12/2013
Quote: Mori-DogMovies
That could have been photoshopped...
smilie

I can see how you think the one of the label would be shopped but the other one with the figures in the packaging inside the case is 100% real.
#34 Posted: 17:08:20 17/12/2013
Quote: defpally

Feel free to ignore his info then, I'm sure someone else would appreciate the opportunity to purchase the swappers on the 29th.

One thing you apparently are missing is what we know about lesty's job. He isn't just an average store clerk. Photos are easy when you can just pop open a box and snap a pic with a camera phone. It's completely different when you have inside access to future promotions. No job is worth losing to satisfying a random skeptic on the Internet. He tells us what he can without causing himself trouble. Be glad for that much. Without him we would have ZERO idea when to expect the swappers. I have full confidence you will discover his earned reputation that we are already comfortable with later this month.

1) I have no personal beef with anyone.

2) My comment about a photo from Target, was never directed specifically at him. There are more than one Target employee that are users on the site here.

3) The boxes are already in the back rooms of certain stores with the street date label on them. So its hardly like one is trying access something still at a distributor where an open box is going to cause chaos.

4) *I* personally believe the Target street date from other sources as well. However in other threads I've been talking in, other members of the site however are rather hypocritical when it comes to people providing information.

5) He got snippy with me first. I never questioned his credibility.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:09:30 17/12/2013 by GothamLord
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#35 Posted: 17:21:42 17/12/2013
Quote: defpally

EDIT: lesty, ignore the haters. Most of the complaints I have seen are from people don't know you. I've seen many people saying you aren't accurate simply because of the TRU singles, they completely ignore that you only commented on the swapper availability, not the singles. You're awesome in my book, I appreciate your heads up.

Hence why I was talking about the confusion in the other forum. I understood it what he was saying, but others have gotten confused. When dates for TRU getting corelanders on 12/22 started popping up, they were immediately dismissed because that didn't agree with what lesty was saying. But he did say corelanders would come before Christmas. There was a lot of speculation and threads being started, it was hard to keep up. I even got confused on him saying only swappers would be at Target first. I could have sworn he said all of wave 3. But I do remember him saying corelanders would come a few days before Christmas and the swappers the following week.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#36 Posted: 17:34:58 17/12/2013
Quote: Trexroarr
The title says it all people. My store got in a huge shipment of Wave 3 Corelanders today for 12/22/13. No word on Lightcores or Swappers yet. I guess you can now consider me one of those "trusted members" when it comes to release information. Pictures are below.

The figure count per box are:

3 Dune Bug
3 Smolderdash
1 Zoo Lou
1 Countdown
1 Hyper Beam Prism Break
1 Horn Blast Whirlwind
2 Phantom Cynder

[User Posted Image]

Awesome post, Trex. I'd give you a handshake and maybe a hug (depending on your comfort level, of course!) if I was in your presence right now.
Now THAT is real actionable information. To everyone who loves hearsay and rumors, pay attention: THIS is real information ... this is the stuff you should be looking for, and this is the type of solid information that the users of this forum deserve.

FAIL, Fernandez.
Lesty's reports about the 12/29/13 Target release was specifically for Stink Bomb, Rubble Rouser, and Spy Rise. Lesty even said that he expects other retailers to possibly receive the "core" Skylanders from "wave 3" a few days before Christmas. But you won't be able to get Stink Bomb, Rubble Rouser, or Spy Rise until 12/29, at Target.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#37 Posted: 17:39:40 17/12/2013
Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out, Mori!

Take care.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#38 Posted: 17:51:46 17/12/2013
Quote: Mori-DogMovies
Sarcasm / Innunedo / Jesting all seem to fail horribly over the internet on a regular basis.

Ain't that the damn gospel?

My work here is done...farewell forum. Until I feel I should absolutely need to log in once again, may your cats be serious and your problems first world.

smilie

No need for FDQ exits. Tis the season....ho ho ho and presents and all that. I knew you were kidding...it's all good.

GothamLord: Fair enough, thanks for the clarification. I too hope someone who works at Target might be able to snap some photos, but I feel confident in lesty's information. Personally I just want to geek out on the photos. It's like a unicorn!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:53:09 17/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
#39 Posted: 17:52:37 17/12/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker
Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out, Mori!

Take care.

Aren't you just so precious? smilie
All the best and happy holidays!
---
fart Green Sparx Gems: 116
#40 Posted: 17:54:34 17/12/2013
Still no triple packs? Thats annoying.
#41 Posted: 18:00:48 17/12/2013
Quote: fart
Still no triple packs? Thats annoying.

Really? You couldn't pick a name better than that? Hope your posts don't live up to your name.
---
Grimslinger91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#42 Posted: 18:00:50 17/12/2013
Thank you so much for confirming this
#43 Posted: 18:11:45 17/12/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

No need for FDQ exits. Tis the season....ho ho ho and presents and all that. I knew you were kidding...it's all good.

GothamLord: Fair enough, thanks for the clarification. I too hope someone who works at Target might be able to snap some photos, but I feel confident in lesty's information. Personally I just want to geek out on the photos. It's like a unicorn!

I actually had to look up FDQ...damn I'm getting old. You kids and your acronyms...

Nah, no drama here. Most of the long-timers will tell you, I pop in from time to time and have a little fun with those who take this far too serious and then disappear for a few months. I actually appreciate all the information I've gotten in these forums and will be helping my buddy (who REALLY loves Skylanders...far too much) get his W3 figures before Christmas.

In fact, it's thanks to everyone here being so absolutely bat-**** crazy about the games that I've found out about some of my favorite figures...I would never have seen the Pumpkin Fright Rider and Eye Brawl. Not to mention I've got multiple GITD Rattle Shakes on the way; some that will make fantastic birthday presents, others to put up for trade for those elusive Giants lightcores...

So in all sincerity, thank you. From the heart of my bottom, I appreciate every last one of you.
A very happy holiday season to all of you.
See you in the new year...perhaps smilie
---
#44 Posted: 18:13:25 17/12/2013
I might be as old as you. I've learned it over time over other boards smilie
---
#45 Posted: 18:19:40 17/12/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
I might be as old as you. I've learned it over time over other boards smilie

Possibly...but do you have Grand-kids? 4th on the way smilie
Hope none of them get the Skylander bug like my youngest kids have.
Expensive enough just trying to collect the ones they want.
---
#46 Posted: 18:22:44 17/12/2013
Not yet...so you must have a few on me smilie

Agreed on the costs...!!!

Best of luck to you and your family.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:23:13 17/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
#47 Posted: 18:36:27 17/12/2013
And to you.
Cheers!
---
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#48 Posted: 18:37:23 17/12/2013
Lets give credit where it's due. As so many have said--Lesty has a proven track record. Personally I don't need photos from him. He shares info appropriately--when it is not 100% he makes that clear.
Trex---thank you for the info.We likely would have missed if not for your post.
smilie
The triple packs #2 and 3 were (as of last week) for sale on walmart.com
(If those are the triples you are referring to)
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#49 Posted: 18:43:20 17/12/2013
Ok, I asked this once already, but since my post was pretty much lost in the page of arguments on page 1, I just want to ask it again...

We've got confirmation of Core figures at TRU on the 22nd, and the Swappers at Target on the 29th.

Has there been any mention so far of the release of the Adventure/Battle packs or the LightCore figures?
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
DutRank Blue Sparx Gems: 800
#50 Posted: 19:08:34 17/12/2013
This is why I stopped posting here regularly. You try and give everyone a heads up because you work in retail but all you get back is "Pics or you're lying". I already said in another thread that I have seen these swapper boxes dated for the 29th in my Target stores backroom. If the OP is able to get away with taking pictures of street dated items then that is fine, glad he would supply us with that information. But where I work, if I were to do that and get found out I would lose my job.

Everyone at this point should trust everything lesty says that pertains to Target releases.
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me