Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > SF W3 Corelanders Officially Coming to Toys R Us 12/22/13
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
SF W3 Corelanders Officially Coming to Toys R Us 12/22/13 [CLOSED]
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#51 Posted: 19:08:38 17/12/2013
So many whiners, babies, and finger-pointers in this thread! I am fairly new to the forums, but where's the point in all of this??? These are toys...if you are obsessive enough to need to get them on release day, great...if you don't, then it's not the end of the world. I am sure you have over 50 or 100+ other perfectly playable Skylanders at home. If you really feel new Skylanders are must-haves by Christmas, you should really take a step back and evaluate what you really value in life. Stop demanding proof and pictures, and instead focus on how you're going to spend quality time with family/friends during the holidays...maybe do something humble and gracious in the process. Be happy to have your health and money to buy/enjoy things.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#52 Posted: 19:14:54 17/12/2013
Quote: DutRank
This is why I stopped posting here regularly. You try and give everyone a heads up because you work in retail but all you get back is "Pics or you're lying". I already said in another thread that I have seen these swapper boxes dated for the 29th in my Target stores backroom. If the OP is able to get away with taking pictures of street dated items then that is fine, glad he would supply us with that information. But where I work, if I were to do that and get found out I would lose my job.

Everyone at this point should trust everything lesty says that pertains to Target releases.

I'm honestly curious how taking a picture of a product would get you fired. I worked for Target for a few months when I got out of the military before my job with the police department started. Maybe my store was just extremely lacking, or the policy has gotten far more strict in the ....6..7 years since then. Geesh, it has been that long ago now. That concept however just blows my mind. You aren't selling anything before the street date. Retailers are weird...
DutRank Blue Sparx Gems: 800
#53 Posted: 19:21:37 17/12/2013
Quote: GothamLord
This is why I stopped posting here regularly. You try and give everyone a heads up because you work in retail but all you get back is "Pics or you're lying". I already said in another thread that I have seen these swapper boxes dated for the 29th in my Target stores backroom. If the OP is able to get away with taking pictures of street dated items then that is fine, glad he would supply us with that information. But where I work, if I were to do that and get found out I would lose my job.

Everyone at this point should trust everything lesty says that pertains to Target releases.

I'm honestly curious how taking a picture of a product would get you fired. I worked for Target for a few months when I got out of the military before my job with the police department started. Maybe my store was just extremely lacking, or the policy has gotten far more strict in the ....6..7 years since then. Geesh, it has been that long ago now. That concept however just blows my mind. You aren't selling anything before the street date. Retailers are weird...

To them it's basically the same thing as giving a guest a copy of next weeks weekly ad.
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#54 Posted: 19:43:17 17/12/2013 | Topic Creator
First I'd like to say to you all that you are very welcome!

At Toys R Us, we encourage sales as much as possible (as expected). If we know when a product is being released, we are encouraged to tell customers and advertise it's release, regardless of it being early or not.

As I was leaving my store last night, we recieved a huge shipment of Skylanders. From what I saw, there were a bunch of Legendary Night Shift boxes and Wii Starter Packs (as if we actually need more of those). We have been getting in shipments of all things Skylanders (and Disney Infinity) every day so I will be sure to keep you all posted on the Adventure Packs, Triple Packs, Battle Packs, Lightcores and Swappers! So far, my store has somewhere between 20 and 30 boxes of Wave 3 Corelanders (minus the one of each figure I put aside for myself lol).

I have work again tonight. I will post here if there is any more news to report. smilie
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#55 Posted: 19:45:04 17/12/2013
Mastermc--for me personally--I don't need anyone here telling me what and what not to value. I'd guess many other members don't either. In my opinion your post has some valid points but it gets lost in the judgemental rhetoric.

Dutrank--I get tired of the "pics or it didn't happen," too. I also get tired of people posting things as "fact" when it may or may not be true. Until someone has a proven track record then it's hard to know who actually has facts. From what you say--your info was spot on. You knew it was fact because you can see the boxes. If it is against rules to take photos then you did the right thing (as you already know) by not risking your job. So, share your information with your details--"you work at retail store--see boxes with specific dates--cannot take photos due to policy." Don't debate--people can take it or leave it. You have done something nice by sharing and some will take it and others won't--so what? Is it frustrating --yes--but remember--once you consistently post reliable info (if you choose to) people will come to trust your word. Either way--thanks for info.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#56 Posted: 19:54:11 17/12/2013

Marketing materials are confidential until a retailer decides to release the information publicly or until the assigned date that these materials are scheduled to be released. Because of the long lead times on finalizing and executing promotions, and the sensitivity around exclusive partnerships that each retailer has with vendors (including the amount of inventory they receive and media channels that will be used in advertising), this is the way it is.
wombatandchips Green Sparx Gems: 388
#57 Posted: 19:58:46 17/12/2013
Quote: Mori-DogMovies

Until I feel I should absolutely need to log in once again, may your cats be serious and your problems first world.

smilie

Hahaha, thank you, I enjoyed that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:59:22 17/12/2013 by wombatandchips
MrsSlamBam Blue Sparx Gems: 591
#58 Posted: 20:29:08 17/12/2013
So I joined this forum to help me keep track of things to come with skylanders, release dates, new characters, variants...etc, seems to me as if this is a site for people to just slam (no pun intended) each other. I greatly appreciate the proof and truth that Trexroarr has provided and I am going to go to TRU on the 22nd and take my chances!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#59 Posted: 20:34:03 17/12/2013
Anything on Sheep Wreak Islands or the battle pack?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#60 Posted: 20:38:35 17/12/2013
Quote: lesty

Marketing materials are confidential until a retailer decides to release the information publicly or until the assigned date that these materials are scheduled to be released. Because of the long lead times on finalizing and executing promotions, and the sensitivity around exclusive partnerships that each retailer has with vendors (including the amount of inventory they receive and media channels that will be used in advertising), this is the way it is.

Interesting. I would say my store just didn't have people that cared. That really doesn't surprise me much.

[User Posted Image]
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#61 Posted: 20:41:40 17/12/2013
Need info on Sheep Wreck Island & Arkeyan Crossbow packs. No BS...
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:43:23 17/12/2013 by lordexodus
pennyman Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#62 Posted: 21:06:46 17/12/2013
kids...... play nice!
Cozmo Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#63 Posted: 21:10:22 17/12/2013
I read that TRU is planning to be open round the clock until Christmas. Does that mean that the release of will happen at midnight?
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#64 Posted: 21:12:51 17/12/2013
If I were to ask about wave 3 at MY local TRU, they probably wouldn't have any idea what a skylander even is. They're always putting the waves out kind of late and never really paying attention to promotions. Most clueless TRU ever. I'll definitly be going to another one on the 22nd.
#65 Posted: 21:15:02 17/12/2013 | Topic Creator
As I have said twice before already, there is currently no word on the Battle Packs or Adventure Packs. I will keep you all posted.
---
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#66 Posted: 21:55:07 17/12/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker
Quote: Trexroarr
The title says it all people. My store got in a huge shipment of Wave 3 Corelanders today for 12/22/13. No word on Lightcores or Swappers yet. I guess you can now consider me one of those "trusted members" when it comes to release information. Pictures are below.

The figure count per box are:

3 Dune Bug
3 Smolderdash
1 Zoo Lou
1 Countdown
1 Hyper Beam Prism Break
1 Horn Blast Whirlwind
2 Phantom Cynder

[User Posted Image]

Awesome post, Trex. I'd give you a handshake and maybe a hug (depending on your comfort level, of course!) if I was in your presence right now.
Now THAT is real actionable information. To everyone who loves hearsay and rumors, pay attention: THIS is real information ... this is the stuff you should be looking for, and this is the type of solid information that the users of this forum deserve.

Quote: Fernandez2
Well so much for that "confirmed" 12/29/13 release date at Target.

FAIL, Fernandez.
Lesty's reports about the 12/29/13 Target release was specifically for Stink Bomb, Rubble Rouser, and Spy Rise. Lesty even said that he expects other retailers to possibly receive the "core" Skylanders from "wave 3" a few days before Christmas. But you won't be able to get Stink Bomb, Rubble Rouser, or Spy Rise until 12/29, at Target.

^ This sooo much.
---
words. letters. filler.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#67 Posted: 22:00:46 17/12/2013
Quote: Fernandez2
Well so much for that "confirmed" 12/29/13 release date at Target.

How many times have I said something? Letsy, the Target employee that gave us that important info, has given us the release dates for Jade Flashwing, Scarlet Ninjini, Gnarly Tree Rex, and even in-hand images of Nitro Magna Charge WAY before their official releases.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:31:44 17/12/2013 by Matteomax
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#68 Posted: 22:24:24 17/12/2013
If he doesn't believe lesty--it's his issue.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#69 Posted: 23:19:16 17/12/2013
I see a wanna-be-troll amongst us...
Madara Uchiha Blue Sparx Gems: 755
#70 Posted: 23:43:10 17/12/2013
The ToysRus thing is definately legit cause my Toysrus person said they got them in yesterday. Now im just trying to find out if there is going to be a sale or not.
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#71 Posted: 00:42:46 18/12/2013
So is Target/other retailers getting the corelanders on the 22nd or is it only TRU?
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#72 Posted: 02:41:24 18/12/2013

Nothing has changed. Swappers at target 12/29, core landers a few days before Xmas at TRU.
And nobody should need to take "photos" to prove it to you.

There is also no reason why photos couldnt be taken either, showing the contents in the same way. Advising the content count in each box, etc.

As others above me have stated as well. Photos verify claims. Until people see something physically as proof... its all just talk.

Guess what. I could care less if anyone believes or doesn't believes me. Do I, or anyone else that may work for a retailer or have a source through Activision win a prize for giving the most useful information?
I've explained many times what my motivation is, and it's not to mess with peoples heads or a cry for attention. The 29th is the date for swaplanders, and it will be at Target first. You want evidence? Sorry...not going to get it from me.

Ty for the info as always lesty!, I'll be looking for swappers around the 29th. Stink Bomb I may put away for little xmas in jan.
morgan540 Green Sparx Gems: 358
#73 Posted: 02:47:17 18/12/2013
Looks like my TRU did not read the boxes smilie Lucky me smilie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66223295@N07/11428299755/
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#74 Posted: 02:50:19 18/12/2013
Aye, lucky you, Morgan!

It seems there's always a few stores that don't pay attention to corporate street dates, especially at Toys R Us.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Gameboys Green Sparx Gems: 204
#75 Posted: 02:55:26 18/12/2013
Guess my sources did not lie to me... Nice to see this could be confirmed with pics! Now to make my friend work sat overnight so he can bring every single one out to me. Trexroarr I heard there might be a buy one get one 40% off again that weekend can you confirm that as well??
---
My Skylander Youtube.... http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx72nVwxtrMYX2Lbo3z10Xg
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#76 Posted: 03:02:36 18/12/2013
Quote: Trexroarr
As I have said twice before already, there is currently no word on the Battle Packs or Adventure Packs. I will keep you all posted.

Don't forget our two lightcore dudes: Countdown and Wham Shell.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#77 Posted: 03:14:10 18/12/2013
And just to clarify, the core landers will also be at target (and I assume everywhere else) on the 29th if you can't find them at toys r us this weekend. TRU gets a one week exclusive.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#78 Posted: 03:25:23 18/12/2013
Thanks Lesty!
#79 Posted: 04:54:00 18/12/2013
Just to further confirm the premise of this thread: I visited Toys R Us this evening, and the store manager allowed me to go in the stockroom with him, and showed me the boxes that look identical to the ones in Trexxor's photos. The store has about 12 cardboard boxes/cases. They were "core" characters only, as alluded to above, not to be sold until Sunday. I wasn't allowed to purchase any, of course, but I did get to view them. The Phantom Cynder, Hyper Beam Prism Break, and Dune Bug look especially cool in-person. He also mentioned that many Toys R Us stores will be open this Saturday until 1:00 AM (Sunday, technically) or later, so it's very possible that one could pick these fresh new characters up at Toys R Us at midnight, if you just can't wait until Sunday morning!
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#80 Posted: 04:57:16 18/12/2013
12 cases meaning 144 skylanders? Great to hear they are there.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#81 Posted: 05:07:21 18/12/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

Yes. 12 cases with 12 items in each one.
---
#82 Posted: 05:12:13 18/12/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker

Yes. 12 cases with 12 items in each one.

Not exactly opening day type inventory...I seem to recall W3 being a struggle at first last year as well...

Dune Bug clearly the wanted man this time around...and those who need reposes...the song remains the same.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:13:36 18/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
#83 Posted: 05:14:18 18/12/2013
Agreed. They will not last long in the stores at first.
---
triptronix Blue Sparx Gems: 678
#84 Posted: 06:01:54 18/12/2013
W3 swappers seen at CAD walmarts

W3 cores seen at CAD TRU already
Concept Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#85 Posted: 06:05:42 18/12/2013
Is anyone else wondering What TRU's "12/22 Ad Event" looks like?
morgan540 Green Sparx Gems: 358
#86 Posted: 06:13:25 18/12/2013
So , I did not realize they had phantom cynder and I already had Countdown .. I guess I thought it was a lightcore. I took back countdown and picked up whirlwind and phantom cynder.

Here is the group photo :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66223295@N07/11430657173//
#87 Posted: 06:18:49 18/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: morgan540
So , I did not realize they had phantom cynder and I already had Countdown .. I guess I thought it was a lightcore. I took back countdown and picked up whirlwind and phantom cynder.

Here is the group photo :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66223295@N07/11430657173//

Yes. These are the five brand new figures to be released this Sunday.

As of now, my store still has no word on any other releases. I have work again on Friday and will keep everyone here posted.
---
Gameboys Green Sparx Gems: 204
#88 Posted: 13:07:29 18/12/2013
My TRU has about 100 cases but it also is the highest volume TRU in the sate. The volume of the store always reflects how much shipment you will receive of a specific item. Never will they send the same amount of stock to a high volume store and a standard volume store.

I recall my local TRU getting over 300 xbox ones and the TRU about 5 miles down the road only getting 150.
---
My Skylander Youtube.... http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx72nVwxtrMYX2Lbo3z10Xg
MrsSlamBam Blue Sparx Gems: 591
#89 Posted: 13:31:29 18/12/2013
The question of the day....will the tru that are open 24hrs be selling them at midnight on the 22nd??
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#90 Posted: 13:49:46 18/12/2013
Just a few questions.

1. What is the best time to go to make sure you have a chance of getting the characters?

2. Is there a list of what TRUs are going to be open 87 hours? I'd like to see if mine is doing this.

Happy holidays everyone!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#91 Posted: 13:52:05 18/12/2013
For those wanting specific details about your local TRU...

...Call your local TRU.

Even if there is a company-wide direction (like, say, stock them at midnight even if you close at 1 AM), there's always the possibility that your local store won't participate in that company direction.

Call your local store.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#92 Posted: 14:24:29 18/12/2013
Quote: morgan540
Looks like my TRU did not read the boxes smilie Lucky me smilie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66223295@N07/11428299755/

Was it dated locked at all? Might check 1-2 stores today then as I know 1 that never reads anything.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#93 Posted: 14:52:33 18/12/2013
My TRU told me today that the figures go on sale at 12:01am Sat night Early Sunday morning you know where I'm going to be don't you?
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
jstewie23 Blue Sparx Gems: 967
#94 Posted: 15:21:27 18/12/2013
Quote: trixster68
My TRU told me today that the figures go on sale at 12:01am Sat night Early Sunday morning you know where I'm going to be don't you?

That's my plan as well. The question I have is what time will they stock the shelves. If they stock the shelves at 9pm, I'm not waiting around for 3 hours to get a new figure or two...
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
#95 Posted: 17:11:19 18/12/2013
Quote: UncleBob
For those wanting specific details about your local TRU...

...Call your local TRU.

Even if there is a company-wide direction (like, say, stock them at midnight even if you close at 1 AM), there's always the possibility that your local store won't participate in that company direction.

Call your local store.

Very good advice.
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#96 Posted: 17:21:14 18/12/2013
So I just found out something interesting. I called my TRU and they informed me that they are open 24 hours starting Saturday. I had the associate check with a manager (She literally over the walkie while I was on the phone) and since they will be open at midnight on Sunday that's when you would have access to wave 3. I want others to confirm this with their TRU's and make sure it's valid. It would be a hell of a lot easier to get this at midnight than 8:00 in the morning.
#97 Posted: 17:30:08 18/12/2013
Quote: Tigorus
So I just found out something interesting. I called my TRU and they informed me that they are open 24 hours starting Saturday. I had the associate check with a manager (She literally over the walkie while I was on the phone) and since they will be open at midnight on Sunday that's when you would have access to wave 3. I want others to confirm this with their TRU's and make sure it's valid. It would be a hell of a lot easier to get this at midnight than 8:00 in the morning.

Unless of course all darkSpyro users who see this go there smilie
---
artican Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#98 Posted: 18:12:05 18/12/2013
Just was at my TRU and was told yes they will be open 24 hours but the system may or may not let me till it turns over to the 22nd. Just like on release not all your figures you bought after midnight was still on the 12th and not the 13th. The manager said it will be up to the individual manager at that store to set there system to accept purchase after midnight.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#99 Posted: 19:19:33 18/12/2013
Quote: Tigorus

Unless of course all darkSpyro users who see this go there smilie

I'd rather deal with the few random Darkspyro users that are in the NM area at midnight than the usual crazy crowd on Sunday Morning.../shudders remembering the Dragon's peak debacle.
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#100 Posted: 21:32:25 18/12/2013
I suggest Sheep Wreck Island and the Arkeyan Crossbow will come out in Early January/Late December.
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me