Page 1 of 1
Fire Kraken Quest [CLOSED]
Dragon-Master Blue Sparx Gems: 786
#1 Posted: 02:46:33 06/12/2013 | Topic Creator
I was wondering if anyone knew where is a good place to complete this quest.

I have tried several arena battles and I couldn't get the enemies close enough for it to work, also chompies don't count towards this quest. Also the strategy guide's advice is not really helpful.

Any responses will be appreciated.
---
Collection:
Spyro's Adventure & Giants - 98/99 (Royal Double Trouble)
Swap Force - 73/75 (Bumble Blast LC, QD Rattle Shake)
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 04:10:49 06/12/2013
Why don't you move your discussion here. Folks are talking about where to do what.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=90980
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#3 Posted: 07:01:15 06/12/2013 | Topic Creator
I added it to that discussion but I doubt anyone will take notice or answer it.

I have tried almost every arena battle and a few bonus missions. The only enemies that cluster up are chompies and as I said earlier, they don't count.
---
Collection:
#4 Posted: 07:08:28 06/12/2013
Is this the one you are trying to do?

Fire Kraken: Don't Rain On My Parade: Knock Back Enemies 10 Times With Your One Use Of Your Parade Ability
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#5 Posted: 07:42:25 06/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Yes, that quest. I probably should have mentioned it in the title, but I assumed people would know as they rest of the quests are relatively easy.
---
Collection:
#6 Posted: 19:14:54 06/12/2013 | Topic Creator
It took me around 3 hours but I finally managed to find a way to cluster a group of enemies other than chompies. Also you need a lot of luck to get this quest working.
---
Collection:
#7 Posted: 20:24:18 06/12/2013
Do u recall where that was? That might be helpful. I will supply my best practice for this quest when I go to it after Christmas.
---
#8 Posted: 21:02:05 06/12/2013 | Topic Creator
On the bonus mission Frozen Delights. Where the first air spell punk is lure him and the 4 nearby cyclopses to the bridge after the next light beam puzzle. After the bridge is another air spell punk and 3 cyclopses, lure then also backwards onto the bridge that you had just passed over. Once you have most of them on the bridge, get around them and then use the Dragon Parade attack. If done correctly you should score 10 hits but you can't afford to miss to many of them otherwise you will be short and reach maybe 8 or 9.

I recommend using the bridge as it keeps them in line and makes aiming the attack much easier, also it give the enemies less room to escape. Don't expect to always nail it on the first attempt, it certainly takes time to get it done right. If you choose the Magnificent Parade upgrade path, then it should be fairly easier to complete since the dragon parade lasts longer. I personally had the Showcase upgrade path.

Fortunately, I won't have to do it again until sometime next year when Jade Fire kraken comes out.
---
Collection:
Haseo Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#9 Posted: 01:44:11 07/12/2013
I wonder if you can do this on the sheep in the final battle? I can't test it because I'm waiting for jade fire kraken. smilie
---
-something-
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#10 Posted: 01:59:30 07/12/2013
I'll try to test it out on the Kaos-Sheep.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#11 Posted: 03:28:51 07/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Certainly worth a try but I don't think it would work as the kaos sheep can be defeated in a single hit, like chompies. Also I don't think there is enough sheep for this quest to work but I could be wrong.
---
Collection:
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#12 Posted: 03:54:24 07/12/2013
I'd try it on Motherly Mayhem, with all of the Greebles.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#13 Posted: 10:42:50 07/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Any enemy that has shields or spins could cause you to fail at it unless you get your timing right. Motherly Mayhem could work but I personally thought there were too many spinning greebles.
---
Collection:
FlameSlinger11 Green Sparx Gems: 323
#14 Posted: 14:32:55 14/02/2014
Has anyone figured out another area to achieve Fire Krakens "Dont Rain on my Parade" quest? I spent 3 hours last night trying to get it on Frozen Delights, but to no avail. I also chose the Showcase upgrade path.
#15 Posted: 15:47:34 14/02/2014
Quote: FlameSlinger11
Has anyone figured out another area to achieve Fire Krakens "Dont Rain on my Parade" quest? I spent 3 hours last night trying to get it on Frozen Delights, but to no avail. I also chose the Showcase upgrade path.

I mentioned the thread above---I do believe there were tips there for doing his quest there. I used Chompy Challenge and the bridge to "line" them up.
---
spitfirefox Green Sparx Gems: 326
#16 Posted: 17:32:12 14/02/2014
I completed mine on the Chompy Challenge bonus mission. Around the third area of chompies is a circular arena with 2 pods and several red/yellow chompies. I moved around until there was a big group in the circle then started the parade from the left side and got the achievement. I have a PS3 - chompies worked fine for the quest.
#17 Posted: 18:23:50 14/02/2014
In reality, I'm having a tough time finding anywhere you could do this anywhere else EXCEPT this bonus mission. This one little mission is key for a ton of stuff imo.
---
#18 Posted: 19:26:11 14/02/2014
ok thank you. I was trying the exact method explained above for Frozen Delights on the bridge and it wasnt happening. I will give the Chompy Challenge Mission a shot tonight.
#19 Posted: 19:34:57 14/02/2014
Cool, either room (the one with the bridge or the two chompy pod room) should be fine.
---
CEOIII1117 Blue Sparx Gems: 514
#20 Posted: 11:31:56 15/02/2014
I can confirm that the Magnificent Parade path makes this quest a LOT easier. And by "a LOT easier" I mean "using the technique listed here in Frozen Delights, I got the quest on my first try".

BOW DOWN.
#21 Posted: 20:30:55 15/02/2014
Yes, the Magnificent Parade path makes it easier... Chompy Challenge can handle either path nicely.
---
#22 Posted: 17:27:47 18/02/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: FlameSlinger11

I mentioned the thread above---I do believe there were tips there for doing his quest there. I used Chompy Challenge and the bridge to "line" them up.

This worked first time I tried it. Thanks for the help.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me