darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Swap Force PS4 issue - adding toys to collection
Page 1 of 1
Swap Force PS4 issue - adding toys to collection [CLOSED]
DarkBigDog Blue Sparx Gems: 785
#1 Posted: 15:34:27 04/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Just wanted to know if others are experiencing the following. I am starting the game on the PS4 and have completed Woodburrow. I have used all current Swappable Combinations and they all show up in the Collection section as having been used in game.

However, some characters do not show up in the elemental sections. For example, I used Boom Jet for all its current combos yet as a character he is not added to my collection solo. Neither does Roller Brawl and others including SSA and Giants versions.

Just want to know if this is limited to a PS4 glitch cause I was able to add all toys to my X360 version without a hitch. I just dont wanna waste time on a Support call to get the "I dont know" answer.

Any help will be appreciated.
---
Only getting new characters this time. No more reposes!
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#2 Posted: 15:39:31 04/12/2013
Did you take the ownership of the toy?

Press on the touch screen, then Manage>Ownership.

If you don't have the ownership of the toy, they won't be displayed in your collection.
DarkBigDog Blue Sparx Gems: 785
#3 Posted: 17:14:22 04/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks but that is not the solution. I have ownership of the toys from the 360 version and others which were used in that version show up no problem. I think the game needs to be patched for PS4.
---
Only getting new characters this time. No more reposes!
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#4 Posted: 17:30:13 04/12/2013
Are you using version 1.01?
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 17:55:42 04/12/2013
I've heard collection problems being involved when doing arena battles etc....does the ones that don't work co-incide with the before/after of doing those actions?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#6 Posted: 18:03:12 04/12/2013
Arena? As in PvP or it includes Survivals as well? I try to avoid this issue...
Concept Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#7 Posted: 19:13:16 04/12/2013
The PlayStation keeps track of ownership separately from the Xbox, since the information (I think) gets saved to your PS profile, and not necessarily to the toy. I've also found that new toys aren't always automatically added to my collection under elements. To fix that, I go to Skylander -> Manage -> Ownership and take ownership. It's then found in my elements collection.

My husband and I play Skylanders on the PS4 and were wondering why some toys showed up in his profile and some on mine. It's because we have separate profiles on the PS4. Just because you took ownership on one system (or even one profile) doesn't mean it'll appear on the other.
#8 Posted: 19:56:44 04/12/2013
Quote: Concept
The PlayStation keeps track of ownership separately from the Xbox, since the information (I think) gets saved to your PS profile, and not necessarily to the toy. I've also found that new toys aren't always automatically added to my collection under elements. To fix that, I go to Skylander -> Manage -> Ownership and take ownership. It's then found in my elements collection.

My husband and I play Skylanders on the PS4 and were wondering why some toys showed up in his profile and some on mine. It's because we have separate profiles on the PS4. Just because you took ownership on one system (or even one profile) doesn't mean it'll appear on the other.

That seems logical to me; the other potential problem is based on the Vault app they may be monitoring "shared" usage of one skylander code. If that's the case, that's another variable that might contribute to this.

Someone at NoVision needs to fess up on how this all works.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#9 Posted: 20:05:20 04/12/2013
I have the same problem. If you take ownership of a Skylander in the menu, it should work. I will test it later.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#10 Posted: 23:32:34 04/12/2013
Quote: Drek95
I have the same problem. If you take ownership of a Skylander in the menu, it should work. I will test it later.

The problem may be that since Swap Force doesn't allow you to take ownership of a character that it thinks is already owned, we're toast.

I'm wondering if that's the case can one simply go to another Swap Force console version and then take ownership back -OR- would going into Giants (if it was a repose) and then going back in would give you that option.

For me, this is public bug #1 that has no visibility on Activision's support website. We really need to know root cause here, and fix. Preferably before I start playing it smilie
---
johnsonsteven86 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1563
#11 Posted: 01:35:20 05/12/2013
I had no problems taking ownership on the ps4 after my daughter played on the wii u and ps3
---
WTB: Frito-lay Hotdog as cheap as possible
#12 Posted: 01:37:21 05/12/2013
Quote: johnsonsteven86
I had no problems taking ownership on the ps4 after my daughter played on the wii u and ps3

So a "fix" is to have multiple console versions...I'm sure that was baked into the marketing plan lol.
---
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#13 Posted: 03:03:52 05/12/2013
I haven't ran into this problem, if anything I keep wondering as to how people are.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#14 Posted: 03:26:12 05/12/2013
Quote: WickedRogue
I haven't ran into this problem, if anything I keep wondering as to how people are.

Are you using the patterns expressed here ie multiple profiles?

Also, if you're having a problem adding to your collection, trying here:

http://community.activision.co...68#.UqADPOKA9mg
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:41:09 05/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
#15 Posted: 11:06:19 05/12/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: johnsonsteven86

So a "fix" is to have multiple console versions...I'm sure that was baked into the marketing plan lol.

I think multiple profiles on the same console should do the trick too
Dreamvolt Green Sparx Gems: 144
#16 Posted: 07:50:44 09/12/2013
This sounds different from the collection issue I had on the Wii U, but it might be the same cause. Well assuming I'm right about the Wii U data corruption thing at all.

The short answer leaving out all the specific stuff that may not not apply is the game saves every time you add a new swap combo. This seems like a really good way to cause a file, or at least part of a file to get corrupted. Maybe it works a little differently on the PS4 so you get a slightly different problem, but it's still there.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me