Page 1 of 1
Hardest part? [CLOSED]
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#1 Posted: 02:08:36 03/12/2013 | Topic Creator
what's your hardest part? (mine is the burned lands battles with hero orcs smilie)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:36:12 15/10/2016 by willspyro
gunmastO Green Sparx Gems: 293
#2 Posted: 05:06:06 03/12/2013
For me it was the my first elite enemy at Valley of Avalar because I didn't know how to remove it's mask to deal damage lol.

But other than that, Burned Lands was the most difficult for me. Also my favorite level next to Valley of Avalar!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#3 Posted: 03:26:18 04/12/2013
Back when I played it, it was definitely the unresponsive flight controls. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Crystal Diamond Sparx Gems: 7910
#4 Posted: 04:17:16 04/12/2013
The invisible walls is what messed me up on most parts. U_U
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#5 Posted: 09:34:49 04/12/2013
The hardest part was the Burned Lands, everything about it was a pain. Because the colours are so saturated in this game, everything seems to blend in, even Spyro, especially when he's flying across the lava. But the most stupidest parts are when you get trapped, and you're in a small area, trying to kill off all these enemies at once, with all those unresponsive controls, brilliant.

But this was the hardest part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAGbq3A9HfA
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10125
#6 Posted: 16:06:29 04/12/2013
Quote: HIR

Amen to that. I especially hate the flight controls in the Destroyer level. To answer to the topics question, there is no hard part in this game. But that flight control mechanism makes the Destroyer level most frustrating part of the game.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
PokeSpyro36 Green Sparx Gems: 277
#7 Posted: 18:51:54 04/12/2013
I really despise the Burned Lands... battles. They took a heck of a time for me to beat, even if I played with a friend. smilie I still kinda have trouble with those battles today.
---
Cookies :3
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#8 Posted: 19:08:32 04/12/2013
There is a hardest part,and it's definately the Burned Lands or a specific point in the Destroyer.I played the latter enough to avoid having a hard time,but when I still had the game I'd NEVER get used to fighting against two or more of those purple giants in enclosed spaces,with little or no Gems to keep the fight going. Usually I'd just try to break the shields as fast as I could and hope for the best,because wanting or not it'd take centuries to defeat them dodging all the time.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#9 Posted: 19:17:51 04/12/2013

This.
And the part in the Burned Lands where you have to push down the wall on the lava-fall (lava waterfall) near the end. Playing on the Wii made this excruciatingly difficult because the enemies would attack and make you start over if you didn't go fast enough and shaking the remotes around got tiring.
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#10 Posted: 21:33:11 04/12/2013
I would say the burning lands battles without cheats.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#11 Posted: 22:15:33 04/12/2013
Quote: Project_Unnamed

Amen to that. I especially hate the flight controls in the Destroyer level. To answer to the topics question, there is no hard part in this game. But that flight control mechanism makes the Destroyer level most frustrating part of the game.

Considering the final part of the Destroyer fig-... sorry, level with a boss meter, is that heart where you are in constant flight, I'd have to agree. The fact that the lava inside it doesn't actually kill you, but instead bounces you back into flight, forcing a complete readjustment of the clunky controls, makes it obnoxious. It was bad enough that I feel like, somehow, it would have been better if they had simply made the lava kill you instead and allow you to collect your bearings, and try again. *sigh*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#12 Posted: 15:15:46 05/12/2013
Quote: Project_Unnamed

Agree, the Destroyer level was the hardest one for me, because I hate flying >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Omikron Dragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2227
#13 Posted: 16:22:54 26/01/2014
The Elite enemy in the Catacombs.
---
"Life is one long process of getting tired."- Samuel Butler
legendaryfabo Gold Sparx Gems: 2968
#14 Posted: 05:30:45 24/02/2014
I notice no one saying the whole part of valley of avalar. THAT WAS SO CONFUSING I WAS STUCK FOR HOURS!!!!!
---
Hi
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#15 Posted: 21:40:01 24/02/2014
Quote: legendaryfabo
I notice no one saying the whole part of valley of avalar. THAT WAS SO CONFUSING I WAS STUCK FOR HOURS!!!!!

I thought it was to work out once I got used to my surroundings, it kind of reminded me of a classic Tomb Raider level actually. The Burned Lands can be disorientating.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7301
#16 Posted: 21:42:30 18/03/2014
Hmm. I haven't played the game in a while, but I'd say the Burned Lands level probably.
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5229
#17 Posted: 04:27:02 21/03/2014
Quote: gunmastO
For me it was the my first elite enemy at Valley of Avalar because I didn't know how to remove it's mask to deal damage lol.

But other than that, Burned Lands was the most difficult for me. Also my favorite level next to Valley of Avalar!

That was where I first died.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#18 Posted: 05:44:03 21/03/2014
Quote: Darchangel
And the part in the Burned Lands where you have to push down the wall on the lava-fall (lava waterfall) near the end. Playing on the Wii made this excruciatingly difficult because the enemies would attack and make you start over if you didn't go fast enough and shaking the remotes around got tiring.

The first time I played the game was on the Wii.

Even playing on the 360 version later, with proper controls, I still don't think there are any parts more difficult or frustrating in the entire game than the last part of the Burned Lands. Not just on the Wii, either, I think that's the most difficult segment on PS360 too.

They just keep tossing enemies at you for ages while you're trying to push down the pillar and it feels cheap.

Also, getting the Buddy System Achievement is absolutely painful if you have nobody to play the game with and you're forced to play by yourself with two controllers to play Spyro and Cynder simeltainously and earn it... I should know... ;-;
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#19 Posted: 09:20:21 21/03/2014
Burned Lands was the worst experience of my gaming life.
So Burned Lands.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#20 Posted: 17:27:33 21/03/2014
The battles in the burned lands. They take forever to end.....
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#21 Posted: 07:55:18 24/03/2014
Oh yeah, burned lands was soooooo hard!
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11288
#22 Posted: 09:17:07 26/03/2014
twlight falls most hard level.
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
Denragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2763
#23 Posted: 10:37:52 26/03/2014
Floating Island, I always confused by the map... -.-"
---
"Everyday we make our own story to tell later for the next generation of us." -Denragon
Malefor_spyro Ripto Gems: 53
#24 Posted: 00:33:44 10/04/2014
I think the Burned lands is for me
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11288
#25 Posted: 12:49:20 02/05/2014
Floating Island?
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#26 Posted: 16:35:49 03/05/2014
Quote: Denragon
Floating Island, I always confused by the map... -.-"

At least that's one of the levels that FINALLY encourages exploration in a Spyro game again.

And, really, whatchamicallit studios was trying to be a good guy when they got all those platforming techniques back into play. They were trying to give old Spyro fans a bit of a nostalgic feel, with all of the climbing walls and the free-roam exploration in some parts of the game, but, hey...CONFUSION WAS THE POINT of the exploration in the older games, too! You never know where you're gonna go, so EMBRACE IT!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me