darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Activision Offers Skylanders Collection Vault App
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Activision Offers Skylanders Collection Vault App [CLOSED]
Sickboy1138 Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#51 Posted: 20:37:57 01/12/2013
Oops Double post
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:06:41 01/12/2013 by Sickboy1138
SkylandersDad5 Green Sparx Gems: 351
#52 Posted: 21:08:30 01/12/2013
I had issues with the same ones.
---
Looking for: GITD Warnado. Have extra: Red DS, Blue Bash, GITD RS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, more...
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#53 Posted: 02:06:32 02/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyroflame0487
Not sure if anyone answered it yet for you GhostRoaster, but yeah in the "Skylander" section in Swap Force, it displays a code for you that you can plug into the mobile apps. I believe the code is changed whenever you change a hat, or the skylander gets upgraded.

Yeah, first two games were for showing your progress in Universe--which is a dead feature now. I think in SSA that called it "Hero Points" as well.

On Topic: I don't think Green Gill Grunt S1 will EVER register correctly, because it uses the same ID as regular Gill Grunt. Personally, I think they meant the "Special Edition" Gill Grunt. They apparently incorporate "special" indicators into their game codes, otherwise we wouldn't be able to identify the white flocked, stone and sparkle chase variants. In my mind, SSA variants aren't being included because they didn't do anything with the RFID chip to allow a program to systematically know the difference. It's probably a reason why they weren't able to include Employee Edition Prism Break (because the RFID id matches another character).

As to why a large number of the existing BRAND NEW STOCK can't register...that one's interesting. I hope they're fixing it--otherwise their intent to help sales will probably be thwarted with yet another stupid bug.

Quote: Sickboy1138
I finally took the time to enter everyone in. These are the ones whos codes didnt work

Eruptor lava barf.
Blizzard chill.
Mega ram spyro.
Super gulp pop fizz.
Knockout terrafin.
Twin blade chop chop.
Heavy duty sprocket.
Legendary grim creaper
Big bang trigger happy.
Anchors away gill grunt
Ninja stealth elf.

Isn't that basically all of the reposes?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:14:37 02/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#54 Posted: 03:52:45 02/12/2013
Is it just the retina iPads that are doing a download (0-100%) for every code entered? Or is everyone experiencing this? It sure makes the entry of chars SLOW...

When I launched the app the first time (on an iPad air) it asked about downloading "retina assets" so thus my inquiry...

Thanks

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#55 Posted: 05:14:18 02/12/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm using it on my iPhone 4s and it does indeed download assets on each character entry. I think a valid enhancement is to make this process background and not make me wait. The whole data entry process is very non-consumer friendly, in almost every sense. Still, I'm thankful they've made an attempt...now they have to get rid of the bugs and make a decent improvement on the next update.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:15:21 02/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#56 Posted: 14:01:30 02/12/2013
Quote: spyroflame0487
Not sure if anyone answered it yet for you GhostRoaster, but yeah in the "Skylander" section in Swap Force, it displays a code for you that you can plug into the mobile apps. I believe the code is changed whenever you change a hat, or the skylander gets upgraded.

The code never change, The code that was changing when you were doing something was the code in SSA. The code displayed in SSf is the same as the one on your sticker.
Mellified_Man Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#57 Posted: 23:20:21 02/12/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
On Topic: I don't think Green Gill Grunt S1 will EVER register correctly, because it uses the same ID as regular Gill Grunt. Personally, I think they meant the "Special Edition" Gill Grunt. They apparently incorporate "special" indicators into their game codes, otherwise we wouldn't be able to identify the white flocked, stone and sparkle chase variants. In my mind, SSA variants aren't being included because they didn't do anything with the RFID chip to allow a program to systematically know the difference. It's probably a reason why they weren't able to include Employee Edition Prism Break (because the RFID id matches another character).
My thought is Activision may know a certain range of codes were used for certain variants. In this case they could say "Gill Grunt S1 figures in range 50000-54999 are Green Gill Grunt". This may not be known for every variant, though, depending on how manufacturing was done... we may not get all of them register-able.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:11 02/12/2013 by Mellified_Man
Xerxxees Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#58 Posted: 00:33:15 03/12/2013
Quote: Mellified_Man
My thought is Activision may know a certain range of codes were used for certain variants. In this case they could say "Gill Grunt S1 figures in range 50000-54999 are Green Gill Grunt". This may not be known for every variant, though, depending on how manufacturing was done... we may not get all of them register-able.

That could be true, but all they need the app code to do is verify if it's valid, and maybe for the one the user is trying to add to their list. You're going to the figure in the UI, let's say it's Employee Prism Break. You punch in a code, they just need to verify if there's any scenario in which that code could be related to Employee Prism Break.

This is different then just 'enter any code and we'll figure it out for you'.

Anyway we look at it, it's not good. Best for everyone to just keep using Skylister forever.
Sickboy1138 Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#59 Posted: 05:13:17 03/12/2013
I think people will continue to use your list Xerxxees.
It tracks EVERYTHING and has purchase links,
seperates generations, etc.

I dont know why they couldnt have seen yours, everything we asked you to implement (they do come here) and made something more useful.

Theirs is shiny, yours is useful.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#60 Posted: 07:08:56 03/12/2013
I just downloaded the Xerxxees app and it is quite good - I just miss the actual images of the variant items.

Also, I did not see the Target UFO hat included?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#61 Posted: 14:19:14 03/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Not to add insult to injury, but I've confirmed the app DOES IN FACT track usage of your codes. I used a code paraded on youtube and it said "the share limit has been reached".

This brings some obvious questions that needs answers:

1. How many times can you use the code?
2. Is the code usage limited to this app, or is it counting the other apps you use the code with?
3. What's the process for removing this if somehow your code gets leaked?

I'm really not liking all of the limitations with no benefits of even using this app. It's like a built in eye-spy and I'm really not getting anything back in return. Meh, back to Skylister.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:20:18 03/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#62 Posted: 16:28:53 03/12/2013
@GhostRoaster Employee Break is actually marked as a regular LightCore Prism Break. I know it sounds stupid but I had one, I should know. smilie It'd register in the app as a LightCore Prism Break, not a variant or anything. Also, note that they've separated Sonic Boom/Eye-Brawl variants, so the "Special" tag doesn't equate to one toy.
#63 Posted: 04:06:49 04/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Arc of Archives
@GhostRoaster Employee Break is actually marked as a regular LightCore Prism Break. I know it sounds stupid but I had one, I should know. smilie It'd register in the app as a LightCore Prism Break, not a variant or anything. Also, note that they've separated Sonic Boom/Eye-Brawl variants, so the "Special" tag doesn't equate to one toy.

Bottom line is they're making it up as they go along and it's making it hard for these codes to actually mean anything. In "my" mind every toy would have a unique id and then a "fallback" id for older systems. That seems to be the way they're finally recognizing new toys, but honestly I haven't scrutinized it much.
---
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#64 Posted: 15:17:17 04/12/2013
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2o7p...sweepstakes.pdf

Thought you guys all might want to take a look at this, and remember they only give you RELEASED SWAP FORCE characters.
#65 Posted: 15:20:42 04/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: willster8

Thought you guys all might want to take a look at this, and remember they only give you RELEASED SWAP FORCE characters.

It does not mention that only released swap force characters can be in your wish list. Please refer me to the verbiage if I am incorrect.
---
#66 Posted: 15:35:42 04/12/2013

It does not mention that only released swap force characters can be in your wish list. Please refer me to the verbiage if I am incorrect.

In point number 6:

Prizes are limited to those Skylanders SWAP Force figures available
at retail only.

Here you go! smilie
#67 Posted: 17:58:21 04/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Reimu

In point number 6:

Prizes are limited to those Skylanders SWAP Force figures available
at retail only.

Here you go! smilie

Well technically all figures are available at retail--eventually. I didn't see a statement saying "at the time the prizes are awarded". Maybe they're referring to some of the promotion stuff like Quickdraw and/or some of the chase stuff. There's definitely some wiggle room in how they worded.

This would be an epic fail contest if this would be the case because they actually penalize those that have given them money at retail for all of their stupid merchandise.

But--thanks for helping me through the legal mumbo jumbo. smilie
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:00:47 04/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
#68 Posted: 18:02:07 04/12/2013
Mmm I see your point, and it makes sense. I hope no one will try to exploit this, as it's a nice contest.
#69 Posted: 04:35:23 05/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Please visit the activision web site link here and communicate your problems.

http://community.activision.co...93#.UqACSeKA9mi
---
#70 Posted: 22:20:13 05/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Little bump...please communicate your experiences to that forum site. I plan on making a call once enough of you post some of the problems as I'd like to see a time-frame for resolution.
---
beatrix71 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#71 Posted: 12:01:19 07/12/2013
As GhostRoaster has noted, once the share limit has been reached you cannot add that skylander into the app. I just bought some legendaries through eBay and can't add them for this reason. This is why the app *really* needs portal support for those who have it.

It really makes no sense that an app for collectors will not allow some pre-owned skylanders to be entered smilie

(And, yes, I will be complaining to Activision about it!)
#72 Posted: 19:56:40 07/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: beatrix71
As GhostRoaster has noted, once the share limit has been reached you cannot add that skylander into the app. I just bought some legendaries through eBay and can't add them for this reason. This is why the app *really* needs portal support for those who have it.

It really makes no sense that an app for collectors will not allow some pre-owned skylanders to be entered smilie

(And, yes, I will be complaining to Activision about it!)

I can also confirm that the Collection Vault App recognizes the code for the 12 chase variants it says it supports, but will only allow you to add White Flocked Stump Smash and White Flocked Eruptor. The rest indicates that the toy has already been added.

So between the 10 reposes and the 10 chase variants and the Green Gill Grunt we have about 21 figures that cannot be entered into the tool.

Also, it's pretty ridiculous that they would launch this tool and disallow code entry based on "sharing restrictions" and have no viable way for someone to fix the problem. It basically negates the entire tool's purpose.
---
#73 Posted: 03:53:15 20/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Anyone been able to add any chase variants other than Flocked Stump and Flocked Eruptor? Anyone been able to have them acknowledge the issues with registering wave 2/wave 3?
---
#74 Posted: 04:46:41 22/12/2013 | Topic Creator
New update to the iOS application today.

Good news:
You can now add a figure without the code.

Bad news:
The previous list of figure codes still do not work.
The Add option from the menu is removed. You HAVE to now view the figures to add the code. This is cumbersome, not sure why they did that.

Looks like one step forward, two steps back.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me