darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Activision Offers Skylanders Collection Vault App
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Activision Offers Skylanders Collection Vault App [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 01:49:21 27/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, at least we know why they bumped everyone off of iTunes and other platforms. They now offer their own tracking app...for Apple users.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/s...ult/id742511893
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:53:03 27/11/2013 by GhostRoaster
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#2 Posted: 01:55:00 27/11/2013
Yeah, we know...
//www.darkspyro.net/news/94207/
#3 Posted: 01:57:42 27/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Oops, I didn't see it...still wanted to talk about it since I know there's some folks here that have worked hard providing us with their own app/abilities. Want to see how it works/compares.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#4 Posted: 02:28:51 27/11/2013 | Topic Creator

App looks very polished...
Master Eon introduction...shows videos...360 degree view of figure...can add by code, etc.

Bugs:

• I cannot add a code for Legendary Lightcore Grim Creeper. It says the toy isn't supported. Inventory wise it shows Legendary Grim Creeper, not with the lightcore notation.
  • No variants listed with S1. I'm guessing that's because there's absolutely NO WAY for them to know via the code what it is. I'm cool with that, but if that's the case...LET US add them ANYWAY--otherwise the inventory is not complete.
  • Special Edition Gill Grunt is missing or was mis-inventoried vs. the transluscent green Gill Grunt from Series 1.
  • Bronze Hot Dog is missing.
  • No support for non-skylander items or sidekicks.
  • The app crashes....a lot. I've counted 6 or more during the time I was entering my codes and while attempting to watch videos.
  • App is useless if you don't have your code...AFAIK the help talks about a procedure to get the code for your figure, but my understanding is that the last app that could do that was Universe and it's been retired. They may be referring to Swap Force but I don't have an open copy--maybe someone else here can confirm you can get the figure code directly in Swap Force without needing to open the packaging.

Want List:

• If I HAVE TO enter my web code, the app should be able to track it and report it to me on the details screen. Duh.
  • Where's the list that tells me what's missing? Why bother listing how many I have from each game if I can't see what's missing from each game?
  • Why can I only compare locally via bluetooth? I'd love to see a global compare. Imaging "doing battle" with someone at random and determining who has the better collection. Better yet, get global ranking of your collection.
  • Support for portal based data-entry of skylanders which will ALSO serve as documenting all of the heroics and in game accomplishments saved to figure. If not, can we track stats for the figure?
  • While we are at it, let it save/backup/restore your figure data. That way, it's REALLY a vault.
  • Link in with PSN/Xbox ID that can read your accomplishments/portal score and relate that information as well.

In short, it's a heavy sexy looking app that lacks real features that Skylister gave us--but it's a great first stab at it. Assuming that unlike their console games if they can make incremental improvements and make it ACTUALLY USEFUL people will have more of a reason to use it.
---
Edited 20 times - Last edited at 01:46:32 28/11/2013 by GhostRoaster
Sickboy1138 Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#5 Posted: 02:35:56 27/11/2013
Wish theyd add portal support. Entering all those codes is gonna be a pain in the neck.
jstewie23 Blue Sparx Gems: 967
#6 Posted: 03:36:40 27/11/2013
It's a painful process to get these codes entered. It's also not very logical to have to enter codes to track which ones I have. Not opening the chase variants to get the code so I can track it in this app. Not sure what purpose entering the codes serves.
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
Legends Green Sparx Gems: 160
#7 Posted: 04:37:24 27/11/2013
It also doesn't support series 3 figures and minis.
#8 Posted: 05:06:25 27/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: jstewie23
It's a painful process to get these codes entered. It's also not very logical to have to enter codes to track which ones I have. Not opening the chase variants to get the code so I can track it in this app. Not sure what purpose entering the codes serves.

So you can see you can have it. Not sure if this data gets uploaded, or if I can report on my codes. AFAK, you can't see your registered code on the details screen....why? But to answer your question...I don't see it. Now if the app can serve as a Passbook for other mobile apps that can feed your collection to it...now that would be a value add.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:13:49 27/11/2013 by GhostRoaster
wombatandchips Green Sparx Gems: 388
#9 Posted: 06:41:05 27/11/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

App is useless if you don't have your code...AFAIK the help talks about a procedure to get the code for your figure, but my understanding is that the last app that could do that was Universe and it's been retired.

I'm pretty sure Swap Force shows you the code on the character screen. My system is disconnected atm so I can't say this for sure.

But it is rather tedious putting all these codes in. I wouldn't mind it if it didn't have to download stuff each time a character is unlocked. Hasn't crashed for me (knock on wood). I have a feeling this is taking up a lot of space, but I kinda don't even want to know. It is certainly a very attractive app, I give them that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:48:12 27/11/2013 by wombatandchips
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#10 Posted: 07:14:08 27/11/2013
It is a pretty cool app.

I like the way you can view all around your toy.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#11 Posted: 07:17:03 27/11/2013
Quote: wombatandchips
I'm pretty sure Swap Force shows you the code on the character screen..

Aye, it does.
#12 Posted: 12:54:30 27/11/2013
If this is supposed to be a "collection" app, then you need to be able to add characters you don't have codes for. As GhostRoaster and others mentioned above, you can't add S1 variants (GITD Wrecking Ball, Chrome Spyro, etc), some S2 variants (Employee Prism Break) or the sidekicks/magic items.

I also haven't figured out a way to remove one of the characters that I had registered. And isn't there a barcode on the code card/sticker? How can they not build functioanlity to scan that and save all of this manual entry? I didn't even make it through registering all of my magic skylanders before I stopped doing this.

Sorry, I run an application development team and seeing "fancy" apps with limited value fucntionality drives me nuts. This design was not well thought out. Skylister is a much better app functionality-wise for actually tracking your collections.
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
tobby Ripto Gems: 234
#13 Posted: 12:57:57 27/11/2013
cant connect the portal = crap!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#14 Posted: 13:48:24 27/11/2013
Are there 360 degree views of the variants?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#15 Posted: 13:57:19 27/11/2013
Quote: Matteomax
Are there 360 degree views of the variants?

Yes, but all of the variants aren't in the app and you can't do the 360 rotation until you register their code which means you would have to open the variant to get the code...
---
#16 Posted: 15:00:44 27/11/2013
Or, load the variant into your console game and get the code from it.
Xerxxees Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#17 Posted: 15:15:24 27/11/2013
Skylister: I'm doomed now.

Codes: I never really asked before, but are the codes the same for all characters of one type? So, in the packaging, will the Hoot Loop code be the same for all Hoot Loops (not enchanted) or is each one unique?
#18 Posted: 15:18:46 27/11/2013
Each one is unique.
#19 Posted: 15:43:14 27/11/2013
I downloaded it. They really did mess up by not taking advantage of the portal or the QR codes. I know its shown in game and it can be typed in, but for the big collectors, that's quite a pain to do. I don't have it in me to type in 90 codes. I don't really understand why they required it. It's not part of a game or anything else, it's just a checklist.

And the share is pretty weak, it's just a link. At least with Skylanders you can post to facebook or email and have links that go straight to amazon for purchasing.

Visually though, blows mine away. If I just had permission to use their pictures....

At least my app gets better reviews smilie
tobby Ripto Gems: 234
#20 Posted: 15:58:27 27/11/2013
Quote:
Activision Is Going To Make So Much Money From This Skylanders App

Available today for iOS, the Skylanders Collection Vault is an app that tells kids exactly how many Skylanders their parents still need to buy them, while letting them compare their paltry collection to the kid down the street whose mom and dad love him more. It's so awesome.

No really, it's brilliant. Call of Duty might be faltering a bit this season, but the Skylanders folks are at the top of their game. It's not that this app lets folks track every toy they own. It's that it also keeps track of the toys they don't own, allowing them to make a wish list that's sure to be depressingly huge.

http://kotaku.com/activision-i...-sky-1472274308

activision aint that nice after all
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:09:14 27/11/2013 by tobby
#21 Posted: 16:25:05 27/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Xerxxees
I downloaded it. They really did mess up by not taking advantage of the portal or the QR codes. I know its shown in game and it can be typed in, but for the big collectors, that's quite a pain to do. I don't have it in me to type in 90 codes. I don't really understand why they required it. It's not part of a game or anything else, it's just a checklist.

And the share is pretty weak, it's just a link. At least with Skylanders you can post to facebook or email and have links that go straight to amazon for purchasing.

Visually though, blows mine away. If I just had permission to use their pictures....

At least my app gets better reviews smilie

I agree. Functionality wise--your app provides more value, but their app is very snazzy. They should offer the ability for you to hold up the code and have it read the barcode. I'm assuming in the help in the app that Swap Force has the ability for you to see the unique code for the character. I can't play it yet so I can't verify--hope others here can.

I spent ~3 hours putting mine in as I have all of my codes conveniently saved in a text file for backup. I just don't have my chase stuff in since I don't want to open them. I think I'm somewhere around 111 (We've only opened a handful of swap force characters as that's for Christmas).

If I were you, I would consult with them and get those features you have into it, so that work won't go un-noticed. As of now though your app is still needed.

Quote: tobby
Quote:

Available today for iOS, the Skylanders Collection Vault is an app that tells kids exactly how many Skylanders their parents still need to buy them, while letting them compare their paltry collection to the kid down the street whose mom and dad love him more. It's so awesome.

No really, it's brilliant. Call of Duty might be faltering a bit this season, but the Skylanders folks are at the top of their game. It's not that this app lets folks track every toy they own. It's that it also keeps track of the toys they don't own, allowing them to make a wish list that's sure to be depressingly huge.

Well, it's obvious that an inventory app helps push the need to buy more stuff. They need a lot more features though to actually make it USEFUL. I guess this is a good first step---they just need to continue improving it---otherwise this will die on the vine. I have my doubts considering their lackadaisical commitment to Universe. What would stink though is having them remove competitors and make this the only option available. If that's the case, I'll go back to Microsoft Excel.
---
Edited 9 times - Last edited at 16:39:04 27/11/2013 by GhostRoaster
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#22 Posted: 18:39:38 27/11/2013
Quote:

Activision is a business. Businesses aim to make money. Of course they're going to do something like this to encourage kids/parents to buy Skylanders.
wombatandchips Green Sparx Gems: 388
#23 Posted: 19:06:06 27/11/2013
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote:

Activision is a business. Businesses aim to make money. Of course they're going to do something like this to encourage kids/parents to buy Skylanders.

^This. There's nothing wrong with that.

Also, making Warnado spin around really fast amused me far more than it probably should have considering I'm 33. Oh well, simple pleasures.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:10:27 27/11/2013 by wombatandchips
the48thronin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#24 Posted: 19:20:54 27/11/2013
Anyone have issues with entering some of these codes? Seems like some of the new swap force characters aren't working for me.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#25 Posted: 19:24:52 27/11/2013
I pray that they put this on Android.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#26 Posted: 20:35:56 27/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: the48thronin
Anyone have issues with entering some of these codes? Seems like some of the new swap force characters aren't working for me.

I can't seem to enter in Legendary Lightcore Grim Creeper. I have a legit code for a transluscent green gill grunt that doesn't work but I'm guessing they mean for that to be Special Edition Gill Grunt.

I've entered in most of the wave 1/wave 2 swappable guys ok (minus Free Ranger, Grilla Drilla, Boom Jet).
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:37:16 27/11/2013 by GhostRoaster
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#27 Posted: 20:58:37 27/11/2013
Looking at the collection doesn't work for me yet.

I guess I'll have to wait for the update. smilie
---
you never saw me
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#28 Posted: 21:11:20 27/11/2013
Aah! My spreadsheet requires users to click on dropdowns but at least it is complete (well, it is missing 1 variant right now but an update is imminent...)
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#29 Posted: 21:18:23 27/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: I-Brawler

What happens? iOS 6?
---
#30 Posted: 01:47:16 28/11/2013

What happens? iOS 6?

Hold on. Looking at it now.

EDIT: when I switch to an element to look at on the collection screen, the clouds come but don't go away.

Slobber Tooth's code won't finish loading....yet.

When I touch an element on the home page, and (supposedly, because there are no pics yet.)tap on a character, I can't exit out unless I exit the app altogether.

I am pretty sure I am on iOS6.
---
you never saw me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:53:24 28/11/2013 by I-Brawler
#31 Posted: 03:03:26 28/11/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm on an iPhone 4s...iOS 6.

My issues primarily are simple crashes. What device are you using?
---
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#32 Posted: 03:22:36 28/11/2013
Legendary Lightcore Grim Creeper would not load for me. My Series 1 Translucent Green Gill Grunt loaded as regular Series 1 Gill Grunt. Some Series 2 and Series 3 Swap Force figures will not load. I could not load the following: Anchors Away Gill Grunt, Blizzard Chill, Twinblade Chop Chop, Big Bang Trigger Happy, Heavy Duty Sprocket, Mega Ram Spyro, Super Gulf Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor, and Knockout Terrafin.

Also, if you want the code for your unopened figures, they are accessible on Swap Force when you push the Skylander button from the Pause menu.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#33 Posted: 08:25:55 28/11/2013
If I use my codes on the Itunes version will I be able to use them again if they bring out an android version.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#34 Posted: 10:36:51 28/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: griswoldthunder
Legendary Lightcore Grim Creeper would not load for me. My Series 1 Translucent Green Gill Grunt loaded as regular Series 1 Gill Grunt. Some Series 2 and Series 3 Swap Force figures will not load. I could not load the following: Anchors Away Gill Grunt, Blizzard Chill, Twinblade Chop Chop, Big Bang Trigger Happy, Heavy Duty Sprocket, Mega Ram Spyro, Super Gulf Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor, and Knockout Terrafin.

Also, if you want the code for your unopened figures, they are accessible on Swap Force when you push the Skylander button from the Pause menu.

Thanks for confirming the codes stuff....the mobile codes you get off the first two games are for Universe (RIP) strictly. Kinda funny they made this tool to help with Swap Force sales and the codes don't work yet for those...hope they get that fixed ... this should be an interesting wait.

Can you confirm the green variants are in the inventory for Rip Tide or Scorp? I would ask for Chop Chop but one of the things I think they should fix is that you can't browse a character's potential inventory until you register at least one.

I can confirm that all of the Giants and SSA (minus chase variants) all have registered without a problem.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:41:35 28/11/2013 by GhostRoaster
#35 Posted: 11:23:31 28/11/2013

iPhone.........3.
---
you never saw me
#36 Posted: 14:56:45 28/11/2013 | Topic Creator

iPhone.........3.

No way your're running iOS 6 then. I'm pretty sure that version isn't supported on that hardware. There's your problem.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:57:13 28/11/2013 by GhostRoaster
#37 Posted: 15:25:25 28/11/2013
Looks like I'll have to use my brothers iPod or something.

Does......the Kindle Fire support this app? Cause if it does I have a chance.
---
you never saw me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:35:56 28/11/2013 by I-Brawler
#38 Posted: 15:36:21 28/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Looks like I'll have to use my brothers iPod or something.

Does......the Kindle Fire support this app? Cause if it does I have a chance.

Apple / iOS 6 Need Only Apply. smilie

Look at the System Requirements to be sure. I think iPhone/iPad only.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:36:54 28/11/2013 by GhostRoaster
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#39 Posted: 15:51:20 28/11/2013
I have an ipod touch too. I'll see tonight if I can do something with it, just in case.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#40 Posted: 16:24:12 28/11/2013
I wish this feature was in Giants. I dont have my codes anymore nor do I have Swap Force yet. I'm dying to put in my small collection! (I only have 18 figures....From both games. 13 from SSA and only 5 from Giants)

But hey, can someone explain what the update code code is for? Was it specifically for Universe?
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#41 Posted: 16:28:25 28/11/2013
Yes it was for Universe
#42 Posted: 03:54:59 29/11/2013
I bet there will be an android version, just a matter of time.

just to point out .... Skylister for Skylanders doesn't require codes smilie
#43 Posted: 04:12:30 29/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Xerxxees
I bet there will be an android version, just a matter of time.

just to point out .... Skylister for Skylanders doesn't require codes smilie

And it actually has features you can use. smilie
---
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#44 Posted: 09:36:21 29/11/2013
Xerxxees, I think you should put Bluetooth portal support into your app quick smilie

It doesn't need any hacking or keys etc to just read the figure type and simply shows up as a serial port to the app. Easy as pie.
beatrix71 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#45 Posted: 09:43:21 29/11/2013
The app looks beautiful and there is a lot of attention to detail in the presentation. I like that. smilie

However the assets it downloads are sizeable... after entering 30 skylanders (which took nearly an hour, ouch!) the app is using 1GB just for data - that's not including the 275MB for the app itself. For those with large collections that's going to be a lot of data for an iPad - over 5GB for the 180-odd skylanders it already includes.

As others have noted it doesn't recognise Lightcore Legendary Grim Creeper and also doesn't accept Ninja Stealth Elf (I tried two different ones, just in case). This seems particularly bizarre when she comes in the starter pack!

A few little quirks, like when adding series 1 Gill Grunt I got the splash video for Anchors Away GG. And obviously it would be nice to enter all those skylanders using the portal. Hopefully these things will get added or sorted out in future updates.
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#46 Posted: 10:34:29 29/11/2013
My problem is that I have Dino Rang,Zap and Sonic Boom which dont have codes cos preowned and I dont have SF.
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
#47 Posted: 15:09:46 30/11/2013
Quote: Pyrofer
Xerxxees, I think you should put Bluetooth portal support into your app quick smilie

It doesn't need any hacking or keys etc to just read the figure type and simply shows up as a serial port to the app. Easy as pie.

I've pondered it, but I think I would need to know the codes to all the figures so I could tie them into the ones in my app. Which would require having all of them if I were to do it right. It'd be pretty awesome though. I also think Activision wouldn't like that at all, legal or not.
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#48 Posted: 07:21:44 01/12/2013
Like many others I agree it takes too long to enter codes, why not just be able to scan the codes on the sticker?
I don't like the fact that no matter what code you enter to unlock a figure, it shows a series 2 figure or one of the new ones spinning around.
I would also like a quick "what am I missing" section. You can add all the ones you're missing to your wanted section, but automation would be easier.
Couldn't get the following to load even though they are listed:
Legendary Lightcore Grim Creeper (says toy is not supported)
Ninja Stealth Elf (says toy is not supported)
Green Gill Grunt (says I already have it added, even though it is still locked)
Granite/Rock/Stone (whatever) Zook (says it is added, but is still locked)
Also the Frito Lay Fright Rider says toy not supported, so it will probably work later if they add it.

It would be nice, like others have said, if you could manually add your variants...that cannot be recognized as special. (Blue Bash, Red Drill Sargent, Mossy Stump Smash, Minis,.......)
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
Sickboy1138 Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#49 Posted: 18:56:51 01/12/2013
I finally took the time to enter everyone in. These are the ones whos codes didnt work

Eruptor lava barf. ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ****
Blizzard chill. ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ****
Mega ram spyro. ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ****
Super gulp pop fizz. ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ****
Knockout terrafin. ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ****
Twin blade chop chop. ** ** ** ** ** **
Heavy duty sprocket. ** ** ** ** ** **
Legendary grim creaper ** ** ****
Big bang trigger happy. ** ** ** **
Anchors away gill grunt ** ** ** ****
Ninja stealth elf. ** ** ** ** ** **
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#50 Posted: 20:00:55 01/12/2013
Not sure if anyone answered it yet for you GhostRoaster, but yeah in the "Skylander" section in Swap Force, it displays a code for you that you can plug into the mobile apps. I believe the code is changed whenever you change a hat, or the skylander gets upgraded.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me