Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Art > In-Depth Art Section Rules
Page 1 of 1
In-Depth Art Section Rules [CLOSED]
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#1 Posted: 15:03:29 23/11/2013 | Topic Creator
I've compiled a few rules that I feel should be enforced in the Art Section. They happen to often and need to be addressed.

1. Provide examples!
  2. Your art thread should probably include at least three examples. How are people going to see you work? If you're taking requests especially, add artwork to show what you can do and persuade people to request you from your artwork! Nobody is going to want to request artwork from someone with nothing to show and just has a wall of text. That isn't interesting. The exception to this is providing links to them, as if they are too big you might not want to resize them. Quick note - to post from a picture off of DevientArt, right click the image and select Copy URL. Here's an example.

3. Actually Give Criticism.
  4. This rule might seem odd, but I've been noticing in a lot of threads people just say stuff like "It's good! This is great! Good job!" But how is this actually helping an artist? It might be uplifting, but I'm pretty sure most people post their art to get feedback from the community and grow. This stuff is nice and all, but it isn't actually helping them grow in their art. It could make them feel good about themselves and want to pursue art more, but it still isn't as helpful as critiquing. But remember, give constructive criticism.

5. Do NOT Bash Others Work!
  6. This rule should go without saying, but really, don't do it. How is that helping anything at all? It isn't. Please refrain being very rude, it hurts others feelings and doesn't help improve at all, if anything, it decreases the person's self esteem! Just don't do it.

7. Accept Other People's Words.
  8. If someone says something you don't like, don't make a rude response. It brings drama into something that really doesn't need it and it makes you seem like a fool. You might even take it the wrong way! Don't react horribly like it's the end of the world over somebody saying anything you don't like. It won't aid anything whatsoever.

9. If You Open Up Requests, Be Prepared To Make Them!
  10. Don't open requests with no intent of making them! It will give you a bad reputation and will let the other person down! It is different if you have some urgent thing to attend to or an accident happened, but if you honestly CAN make them, you should! Don't let the other person down and make yourself look foolish, only open them if you are sure you carry through.

Also, please read these:

These might be helpful idek, I just felt that this needed to be said. If you disagree with any of these please let me know, or if you have another rule to add let me know, I will add it asap.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2 Posted: 15:06:26 23/11/2013
is this because of scalretninjini?
#3 Posted: 15:47:50 23/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: NINJAsk11
is this because of scalretninjini?

no?

/filler
---
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#4 Posted: 15:48:59 23/11/2013
lol, I was just thinking, ah, nevermind

these rules are true, very......
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#5 Posted: 17:22:59 23/11/2013
Thank you.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#6 Posted: 05:33:56 24/11/2013
Quote: shorty
I'd like to point out that, while I think that rules are pretty okay for the most part and more or less agree with them, you can't really enforce them. Even for mods, their job is really enforcing the site's rules; not enforcing their own new rules.
In addition, I'd like the point out that you two (Joerox and Trix) aren't actually mods and it's not really your job to police the fan art section. Appointing yourself as a 'mod' and actually being a mod are two different things. While you may understand this, you also need to understand that nobody is required to listen to you and constantly getting on their case isn't really going to help the situation because of this.

But if the mods were actually doing their job, then we would actually have no problems about any of this and just enjoy ourselves. And I do this just to help people. And I try my best to not be an ass hole about it, I just try let people know that there's these rules in art. Plus wouldn't it be the same in the case of you telling us and such. I mean yeah you're being helpful, but we aren't required to listen to you too. But yet we take your words of advice.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#7 Posted: 06:23:42 24/11/2013
While I do agree that the mods could be more active and I do think that people should give credit, I personally think this whole rule enforcing thing is actually making the section less enjoyable than when people just didn't give credit. I do understand that generally your motives are good, though.
As for your second point, I wasn't really telling you what to do in my previous post. I was more or less stating my opinion and some parts of it are simple facts. ewe

Could? Could? COULD?!? They should be more active than are now! But yeah it may be less enjoyable, but it's for the safety less trouble occurring.

Oh, well my insanity and hysterical-ism got into my head. And I have a few users to thank for that. One causing trouble here and Uncle Bob. Thank you 2 so ****ing much. (Sorry I'm a tad stressed out. I'm freezing, ticked, and head swirled atm.)
---
icon from Empoh
#8 Posted: 17:57:37 24/11/2013 | Topic Creator
I'd like to point out that, while I think that rules are pretty okay for the most part and more or less agree with them, you can't really enforce them. Even for mods, their job is really enforcing the site's rules; not enforcing their own new rules.
In addition, I'd like the point out that you two (Joerox and Trix) aren't actually mods and it's not really your job to police the fan art section. Appointing yourself as a 'mod' and actually being a mod are two different things. While you may understand this, you also need to understand that nobody is required to listen to you and constantly getting on their case isn't really going to help the situation because of this.

Thank you for saying this. I've been trying to restrain myself, because I know I'm not a mod. As Spyrobaro said, these rules aren't enforced, but are merely suggestion to take into consideration. The mods are good and all, but they aren't so active around here, the only users I see in this section are me, you, Trix, Baro, and like three others. This part of the forums isn't that active and I just wish it was popular and active like S&N, but whatevs.
---
#9 Posted: 19:27:08 24/11/2013
Quote: joerox123

Thank you for saying this. I've been trying to restrain myself, because I know I'm not a mod. As Spyrobaro said, these rules aren't enforced, but are merely suggestion to take into consideration. The mods are good and all, but they aren't so active around here, the only users I see in this section are me, you, Trix, Baro, and like three others. This part of the forums isn't that active and I just wish it was popular and active like S&N, but whatevs.

You know I would like fanart to be more known, but yet I don't. Because the more popular the section is the more likely we'll get more trolls over here.
---
icon from Empoh
#10 Posted: 03:02:40 31/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Bumping for SOME certain users.
---
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#11 Posted: 05:13:51 31/01/2014
idk about gillgrunt, but iirc spyrod has mentioned why he's a bit inactive
---
self professed austGAYlian
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me