darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > *sorry dumb question* legendary treasure placement?
Page 1 of 1
*sorry dumb question* legendary treasure placement? [CLOSED]
WarHammer Green Sparx Gems: 264
#1 Posted: 05:04:36 03/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Ok, so I know there are places where I put the LT's I've collected to 'activate' them. However, I don't know where they are, what they look like, or how to place a LT on one. It's late and the boys are looking to me for help and I've searched for an hour with no luck.

I'm sure it something overly simple and I should have my account banned for asking but, where, what, and how do the LT's work in this game?

Sorry, and thanks for any help....
Winter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1502
#2 Posted: 07:14:39 03/11/2013
They're all ove the place in Woodburrow the pedestals look like white and blue cylinders with a blue orb in the middle of them you can find two of them right infront of the steps to where the Chieftess sits.
---
Eon:"Perhaps I can tell you more about it...in time."
Winter: D-did Eon just troll me!?
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#3 Posted: 07:20:16 03/11/2013
Also bear in mind that these don't unlock until after you play through a bit of the story.
#4 Posted: 13:18:14 03/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Thank you both very much! Very helpful and extremely appreciated!! :-)
Madara Uchiha Blue Sparx Gems: 755
#5 Posted: 16:10:50 03/11/2013
Also once you get to the point where you have them unlocked it will have a number on the circle of the pedestal telling you what portal master level you have to be at to use it.
#6 Posted: 17:30:14 03/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks again, this s totally different from the 'Bob' games we came to love! Not saying its worse, just...really different.
I guess it's just my nature, I am bit frustrated they did release 'sneak' character, at least one, now we are getting the great legendary bonuses...yet completely unable to use them.

Is this a sign I'm getting old? lol

They boys came to me last night (normally I play with them but..ya know, football lastnite) and I couldn't find anything that said in the game "You cannot use these LTs yet" and it was just another let down in the game. But, we will keep plowing thru even thou I'm not getting the laughs and cheers of excitement when we find stuff in this game like we did the playing the first two.

Needless to say when I had to break the news to the boys that, the LTs they worked so hard to find and were all excited about getting...were totally useless they didn't even want to play. The oldest said "I spend all that time finding LTs and they are useless? I hate this new version!"

I tried to explain to them that eventually they would get to use them but, personally I understand his frustration.
#7 Posted: 17:50:19 03/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Sorry for the vent, I had to take the brunt on this and just sharing what my boys thoughts were. It's just very, very different from what the Spyro we can to love. Hopefully they will wam up to it...otherwise $ down the drain. lol

Thanks again for everyone's help, I certainly don't want to seem ungrateful!!

Best Regards and happy gaming,
War
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#8 Posted: 18:02:48 03/11/2013
1. This isnt a "Bob" game. Activision/Vicarious Visions made swap force
2. You do get the bonuses if they are placed in wood burrow, they aren't worthless
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Madara Uchiha Blue Sparx Gems: 755
#9 Posted: 18:24:24 03/11/2013
To me the legendary items this time around are better than the Giants ones. If i remember right the

legendary items on giants did nothing other than customizing the ship? The only one that was

important was the black wings so that you could hop down to talk to Hatterson? At least on Swap

Force they all have uses. Its not that far in that you get to use the pedestals? But that is because i

do all the challenges, and scanned in all my characters etc. If anything it made me look forward to

opening up the pedestals, where on giants i was like wow another ship part wohoo... (sarcasm).
#10 Posted: 20:25:14 03/11/2013 | Topic Creator
1. I'm more than aware this isn't a 'Bob' game and thought I made that clear? Sorry.
2. Untill you unlock the LT, they are worthless till you get to the 7th mission.

Also, my kids actually liked playing with the LTs that gave money and they could deck out their ship.

How many of you posted that are over 7-9 y/o? I'm just telling what boys opinions are. They liked to get a LT then getting back to actually DO something with it. No child wants to be told, "Yea, LT used to work or do something right away but, now you have to play 6-7 hours first then the LTs aren't worthless anymore."

I fully grasp the concept, trust me. Also, as I said they/we will continue to play and push forward. I'm hoping once they get to use the LTs their tune will change. I don't play this game for me, I play it with my boys as bonding time and good laughs when we can't get outside.

I know everyone feels they need to 'defend' this game but, please don't feel you need to. If they like it...we play and have a blast! If they don't, well...leason learned.

Also, did Skystones get scraped as well?
#11 Posted: 20:37:56 03/11/2013 | Topic Creator
That was my only point, these are the boys feelings so far. Like I mentioned, I hope they like the new concepts once they have played for awhile.

Thanks everyone for the help!
Happy gaming and have a great day, Thanks again!
#12 Posted: 19:47:41 06/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Madara Uchiha
To me the legendary items this time around are better than the Giants ones. If i remember right the

legendary items on giants did nothing other than customizing the ship? The only one that was

important was the black wings so that you could hop down to talk to Hatterson? At least on Swap

Force they all have uses. Its not that far in that you get to use the pedestals? But that is because i

do all the challenges, and scanned in all my characters etc. If anything it made me look forward to

opening up the pedestals, where on giants i was like wow another ship part wohoo... (sarcasm).

You won't believe it but, after actually getting to unlock the pedestals, my boys said basically the same thing!

Something along the lines of, This is much better than upgrading our ship! (which again, they LOVED decking out their ship!)
So, I couldn't be more happy! They finally got the concept of the new LTs and how they work and once they placed the first one, I never heard another word about upgrading their ship! Only..."OMG That would be great to use but, hmmm....which one should be take off in it's place!"

Hehe....Thanks a ton everyone, your help is very much appreciated!! smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me